• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] All Alone - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

My apologies if the formatting is all screwed up. I've checked and previewed my post on my end, but I can only do so through a buggy mobile browser while SwiftKey repeatedly dumps my saved keyboard. :/

Will revise/delete my post if any issues are apparent or are brought to my attention.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

My apologies if the formatting is all screwed up. I've checked and previewed my post on my end, but I can only do so through a buggy mobile browser while SwiftKey repeatedly dumps my saved keyboard. :/

Will revise/delete my post if any issues are apparent or are brought to my attention.

your formatting looks good to me

I actually mentioned this in the thread the other day. Even the most popular of Ack's stories that are being voted on have months between updates. If It Gets Worse is added to voting list it would be competing with Ack's other fics and the updating rate would almost certainly slow way down.
Oh yeah, I think I saw that. Now, we just need to find a way to spread that to our other favorite stories and make them vote exempt always worked on fics!

*cough*

Kidding... mostly.

[X] Security! - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Mirrorverse - 4

If you make your 1 vote Recoil or Trump Card, I could make mine Security or Mirrorverse. Or if you make your 3 and 2 votes Recoil and Trump Card, I'm willing to let you pick my 4, 2 and 1 votes to anything possible given my 6,5,and 3 votes. My 3 vote is already fixed.

Oh yeah, I think I saw that. Now, we just need to find a way to spread that to our other favorite stories and make them vote exempt always worked on fics!

*cough*

Kidding... mostly.
Not being on the voting list has worked out well for It Gets Worse, but not nearly as well for Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Yet Another Way, both fics that I very much want to see updated, so it's a toss-up.

Not being on the voting list has worked out well for It Gets Worse, but not nearly as well for Are You Afraid of the Dark? or Yet Another Way, both fics that I very much want to see updated, so it's a toss-up.
It's all about inspiration. If I don't got it, nor do they.

In other news, the latest chapter for I, Panacea is done.

Voting is CLOSED.

Vote 99: Meet the Heberts
Thanks, as always, for voting.

Voting points this round: 1642

Announcement
Throne3d 's vote counting system is awesome. That is all.

User Errors:
Talcatraz - I am presuming you meant to vote 1 for Hostage Situation, so I added that in. This time.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1104
All Alone 336
Bait & Switch 923
Confrontation II 1515
Danny & Taylor 117
Hostage Situation 1165
I, Panacea 122
Junior Hero 1307
Meet the Heberts 0 (1519)
MirrorVerse 614
NSW 407
Nemesis 1096
One More Trigger 1246
Really Bad End 91
Recoil 740
Security! 287
Slippery Slope 321
Trump Card 1078
War Games 1193
Wyvern 1518

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Well, unless Confrontation II or Wyvern take the lead, it'll be Meet the Heberts up next.

Well, they tried hard, but Meet the Heberts squeezed in literally one point ahead of Wyvern and four ahead of Confrontation II. That's what I call close.

It'll almost certainly be Wyvern then Confrontation II then maybe One More Trigger then Junior Hero. But then it's anyone's guess.

Check out Jim Starluck 's spreadsheet for a reasonable prediction.

Note also that the vote counting script given to me by Throne3d was of huge assistance.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth six points, second is worth five, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. The voting code will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.
6) If you vote for a story that is not on the voting list, those point(s) will go to the story that got the least number of vote points that round.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Nemesis - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

Willing to trade for wyvern votes (single round only) (after i get done reading I, panacea)

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] All Alone (Traded to GW_Yoda)
[X] Slippery Slope - 4 (Traded to Zackarix)
[X] One More Trigger - 3 (OPEN)
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2 (Traded to theprofool, upped for JKR)
[X] I, Panacea - 1 (OPEN)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back