• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Vote 91: Alea Iacta Est
Thanks, as always, for voting.

Voting points this round: 1554

Announcement
Throne3d 's vote counting system is awesome. That is all.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1359)
All Alone 1146
Bait & Switch 804
Confrontation II 1002
Danny & Taylor 1144
Hostage Situation 627
I, Panacea 685
Junior Hero 1068
Meet the Heberts 1074
MirrorVerse 226
NSW 84
Nemesis 867
One More Trigger 682
Really Bad End 14
Recoil 777
Security! 737
Slippery Slope 1031
Trump Card 1153
War Games 544
Wyvern 380

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Well, that's Really Bad End with an actual plot beginning to happen. Who knew?

Now, we're back to regular SFW stories, with Alea Iacta Est, followed (probably) by Trump Card and maybe All Alone.

Check out Jim Starluck 's spreadsheet for a reasonable prediction.

Note also that the vote counting script given to me by Throne3d was of huge assistance.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth six points, second is worth five, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. The voting code will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 92: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1290

Announcement

User Errors
Jim Starluck - your Recoil vote was shown as an error. I have added it in anyway.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 96
All Alone 1207
Bait & Switch 818
Confrontation II 1059
Danny & Taylor 1198
Hostage Situation 671
I, Panacea 795
Junior Hero 1091
Meet the Heberts 1135
MirrorVerse 285
NSW 121
Nemesis 890
One More Trigger 749
Really Bad End 30
Recoil 902
Security! 842
Slippery Slope 1102
Trump Card 0 (1260)
War Games 602
Wyvern 482

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Now, we're back to regular SFW stories, with Alea Iacta Est, followed (probably) by Trump Card and maybe All Alone.

Looking good so far.

Note also that the vote counting script given to me by Throne3d was of huge assistance.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. The voting code will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 93: All Alone

Voting points this round: 1462

Announcement

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 216
All Alone 0 (1275)
Bait & Switch 830
Confrontation II 1114
Danny & Taylor 1242
Hostage Situation 734
I, Panacea 919
Junior Hero 1117
Meet the Heberts 1197
MirrorVerse 334
NSW 155
Nemesis 915
One More Trigger 823
Really Bad End 30
Recoil 1070
Security! 964
Slippery Slope 1181
Trump Card 130
War Games 694
Wyvern 597

And it's All Alone, probably followed by Danny & Taylor and then maybe Slippery Slope and Meet the Heberts ... yeah, more NSFW coming, sorry.

In other news, Really Bad End managed to score exactly zero votes this round. If this trend continues for two more vote counts, I will remove it from the list of stories to be updated, probably replacing it with Another Way.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 94: Danny & Taylor

Voting points this round: 1728

Announcement

User Errors: Visual Pun - 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' is not in the voting list. The point you put toward it has been given to Really Bad End, as the lowest scoring story this round. It thanks you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 364
All Alone 63
Bait & Switch 851
Confrontation II 1188
Danny & Taylor 0 (1281)
Hostage Situation 806
I, Panacea 1066
Junior Hero 1155
Meet the Heberts 1259
MirrorVerse 388
NSW 189
Nemesis 945
One More Trigger 902
Really Bad End 42
Recoil 1279
Security! 1114
Slippery Slope 1276
Trump Card 301
War Games 781
Wyvern 740

Well, Recoil came roaring up out of nowhere, coming within two points of pipping Danny and Taylor at the post. But it didn't, so the sequence will probably be Recoil, Slippery Slope, Meet the Heberts, then maybe Confrontation II.

6) If you vote for a story that is not on the voting list, those point(s) will go to the story that got the least number of vote points that round.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 95: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1640

Announcement

User Errors: Sinner_sb - You had two votes for 3 points. I swapped the second one (NSW) out for 2 points.
Acererak - it's spelled Alea Iacta Est, not Ales Iacta Eat.

Both have been fixed. Please don't do that again.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 516
All Alone 122
Bait & Switch 872
Confrontation II 1246
Danny & Taylor 24
Hostage Situation 873
I, Panacea 1223
Junior Hero 1187
Meet the Heberts 1318
MirrorVerse 427
NSW 235
Nemesis 975
One More Trigger 976
Really Bad End 55
Recoil 0 (1463)
Security! 1277
Slippery Slope 1352
Trump Card 449
War Games 872
Wyvern 887

Well, Recoil came roaring up out of nowhere, coming within two points of pipping Danny and Taylor at the post. But it didn't, so the sequence will probably be Recoil, Slippery Slope, Meet the Heberts, then maybe Confrontation II.

Looking good so far, except that Security! and I, Panacea look to be coming in ahead of Confrontation II and possibly even Meet the Heberts.

6) If you vote for a story that is not on the voting list, those point(s) will go to the story that got the least number of vote points that round.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 96: Slippery Slope

Voting points this round: 1526

Announcement

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 660
All Alone 182
Bait & Switch 889
Confrontation II 1314
Danny & Taylor 47
Hostage Situation 932
I, Panacea 1355
Junior Hero 1221
Meet the Heberts 1373
MirrorVerse 478
NSW 279
Nemesis 1008
One More Trigger 1044
Really Bad End 65
Recoil 148
Security! 1420
Slippery Slope 0 (1450)
Trump Card 571
War Games 947
Wyvern 1029

Looking good so far, except that Security! and I, Panacea look to be coming in ahead of Confrontation II and possibly even Meet the Heberts.

And it's Slippery Slope by a good 30-point margin over Security!. After that, it's likely to be Meet the Heberts, I, Panacea and Confrontation II, in no particular order.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 97: Security!

Voting points this round: 1417

Announcement

User Errors:
theprofool - You misspelled Alea Iacta Est. I've put the vote in anyway.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 795
All Alone 227
Bait & Switch 899
Confrontation II 1365
Danny & Taylor 65
Hostage Situation 996
I, Panacea 1499
Junior Hero 1248
Meet the Heberts 1419
MirrorVerse 521
NSW 310
Nemesis 1034
One More Trigger 1097
Really Bad End 66
Recoil 314
Security! 0 (1550)
Slippery Slope 79
Trump Card 709
War Games 1021
Wyvern 1165

And it's Slippery Slope by a good 30-point margin over Security!. After that, it's likely to be Meet the Heberts, I, Panacea and Confrontation II, in no particular order.

I'm thinking I, Panacea will be next. After the others, we have War Games and One More Trigger that have just climbed into the thousands. Nemesis is there also, along with Junior Hero, but unfortunately they don't get much love.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 98: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1868

Announcement

User Errors:
Joseph the mad Ax - It Gets Worse is not a voting choice. I have applied your one point to the story that got the least vote points this round; in this case, Bait & Switch. It thanks you.
Divabot - you need to put in hyphens between the name and the number of vote points. I have applied your votes for you, this time.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 967
All Alone 279
Bait & Switch 909
Confrontation II 1445
Danny & Taylor 96
Hostage Situation 1101
I, Panacea 0 (1640)
Junior Hero 1280
Meet the Heberts 1472
MirrorVerse 568
NSW 353
Nemesis 1063
One More Trigger 1186
Really Bad End 82
Recoil 535
Security! 133
Slippery Slope 218
Trump Card 908
War Games 1117
Wyvern 1345

I'm thinking I, Panacea will be next. After the others, we have War Games and One More Trigger that have just climbed into the thousands. Nemesis is there also, along with Junior Hero, but unfortunately they don't get much love.

Well, unless Confrontation II or Wyvern take the lead, it'll be Meet the Heberts up next.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 99: Meet the Heberts

Voting points this round: 1642

Announcement

User Errors:
Talcatraz - I am presuming you meant to vote 1 for Hostage Situation, so I added that in. This time.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1104
All Alone 336
Bait & Switch 923
Confrontation II 1515
Danny & Taylor 117
Hostage Situation 1165
I, Panacea 122
Junior Hero 1307
Meet the Heberts 0 (1519)
MirrorVerse 614
NSW 407
Nemesis 1096
One More Trigger 1246
Really Bad End 91
Recoil 740
Security! 287
Slippery Slope 321
Trump Card 1078
War Games 1193
Wyvern 1518

Well, unless Confrontation II or Wyvern take the lead, it'll be Meet the Heberts up next.

Well, they tried hard, but Meet the Heberts squeezed in literally one point ahead of Wyvern and four ahead of Confrontation II. That's what I call close.

It'll almost certainly be Wyvern then Confrontation II then maybe One More Trigger then Junior Hero. But then it's anyone's guess.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 100: Wyvern

Voting points this round: 1346

Announcement

User Errors:
godzillahomer - you neglected to put in the value of your All Alone vote. Fixed.
floppy_seal99 - Afraid of the Dark is not in the voting schedule. Your 5 points has been applied to the story that got the lowest number of vote points this round, being Really Bad End. It thanks you. :p

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1247
All Alone 396
Bait & Switch 956
Confrontation II 1609
Danny & Taylor 143
Hostage Situation 1238
I, Panacea 231
Junior Hero 1368
Meet the Heberts 37
MirrorVerse 675
NSW 469
Nemesis 1143
One More Trigger 1339
Really Bad End 98
Recoil 926
Security! FINISHED
Slippery Slope 425
Trump Card 1240
War Games 1290
Wyvern 0 (1708)

It'll almost certainly be Wyvern then Confrontation II then maybe One More Trigger then Junior Hero. But then it's anyone's guess.

So far so good.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 101: Confrontation II

Voting points this round: 1873

Announcements
If anyone doesn't know, Security! has been completed, and taken off the voting list. All vote points accumulated toward it were shared among other stories equally.

Throne3d 's vote counting system appears to be offline, and qqbot's vote counting isn't helping. Until further notice, I will be counting votes manually. Yay.

Counted the secondary votes also. We came very close to having Are You Afraid of the Dark become part of the voting list, but "Don't add any more stories" won the day.

User Errors:
In the secondary vote, anwan7 and Fishyface both voted twice. The first votes were deleted.
I don't know if anyone is voting twice on the main vote. If anyone could check for me, that would be great.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1378
All Alone 441
Bait & Switch 946
Confrontation II 0 (1642)
Danny & Taylor 176
Hostage Situation 1300
I, Panacea 382
Junior Hero 1358
Meet the Heberts 137
MirrorVerse 700
NSW 530
Nemesis 1154
One More Trigger 1393
Really Bad End 114
Recoil 1170
Slippery Slope 540
Trump Card 1443
War Games 1355
Wyvern 184

It'll almost certainly be Confrontation II then maybe One More Trigger then Junior Hero. But then it's anyone's guess.

So far so good.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 102: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1472

Announcements
If anyone doesn't know, Security! has been completed, and taken off the voting list. All vote points accumulated toward it were shared among other stories equally.

Throne3d 's vote counting system is back online, yay! (Not sarcastic this time :p)

User Errors:
The MMR - One Bad Day is not on the voting list. The points you put toward it will be applied to the story with the least vote points this round. This happens to be Bait & Switch. It thanks you :p

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1513
All Alone 490
Bait & Switch 959
Confrontation II 67
Danny & Taylor 202
Hostage Situation 1381
I, Panacea 528
Junior Hero 1391
Meet the Heberts 177
MirrorVerse 749
NSW 571
Nemesis 1181
One More Trigger 1488
Really Bad End 122
Recoil 1348
Slippery Slope 650
Trump Card 0 (1607)
War Games 1421
Wyvern 334

Welp, Trump Card blasted through, with Alea Iacta Est close on its heels to take top spot.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 103: Alea Iacta Est

Voting points this round: 1431

Announcements

Throne3d 's vote counting system is back online, yay! (Not sarcastic this time :p)

User Errors:
Chojomeka - Alea Iacta Est was misspelled. I added the point in anyway.
Icepick_Trotsky - You voted for One More Trigger twice. I put the 2 points of the second vote toward the story with the least vote points this round. Really Bad End thanks you.
HearthBorn - check your formatting; the dash goes after the names, not before. I've entered your vote anyway.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1639)
All Alone 537
Bait & Switch 971
Confrontation II 152
Danny & Taylor 224
Hostage Situation 1445
I, Panacea 668
Junior Hero 1421
Meet the Heberts 222
MirrorVerse 802
NSW 611
Nemesis 1212
One More Trigger 1565
Really Bad End 127
Recoil 1505
Slippery Slope 756
Trump Card 144
War Games 1506
Wyvern 490

Welp, Alea Iacta Est has indeed taken top spot this round.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 104: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1530

Announcements
Throne3d 's vote counting system is awesome.

User Errors:
theprofool - you voted twice. I kept the second vote but deleted the first one.

mouse - you need to put capital X in the brackets, otherwise it isn't counted. I counted it this time.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 113
All Alone 585
Bait & Switch 986
Confrontation II 226
Danny & Taylor 250
Hostage Situation 1526
I, Panacea 813
Junior Hero 1452
Meet the Heberts 268
MirrorVerse 847
NSW 654
Nemesis 1252
One More Trigger 1662
Really Bad End 134
Recoil 0 (1705)
Slippery Slope 861
Trump Card 328
War Games 1585
Wyvern 640

Okay then. Recoil is up, not much to anyone's surprise. Also in the 1500+ range we have Hostage Situation, One More Trigger, War Games and at just under we have Junior Hero.

The smart money for next round is on War Games or Hostage Situation, followed by One More Trigger.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 105: One More Trigger

Voting points this round: 1578

Announcements

User Errors:
Terrot - you misspelled Alea Iacta Est. I've fixed it.
Hampsterpig - you misspelled Nemesis and Junior Hero. I've fixed those too.
Dan Tobias - It Gets Worse is not in the voting lineup, sorry. The 2 points will go toward whatever gets the lowest number of voting points. Really Bad End thanks you :p

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 249
All Alone 646
Bait & Switch 998
Confrontation II 284
Danny & Taylor 279
Hostage Situation 1611
I, Panacea 965
Junior Hero 1484
Meet the Heberts 321
MirrorVerse 898
NSW 703
Nemesis 1289
One More Trigger 0 (1775)
Really Bad End 141
Recoil 206
Slippery Slope 944
Trump Card 511
War Games 1671
Wyvern 785

The smart money for next round is on War Games or Hostage Situation, followed by One More Trigger.

Well, that was an impressive win by One More Trigger. Following it will be War Games and Hostage Situation, but after that is anyone's guess.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 106: War Games

Voting points this round: 1747

Announcements

User Errors:

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 395
All Alone 703
Bait & Switch 1013
Confrontation II 353
Danny & Taylor 313
Hostage Situation 1722
I, Panacea 1160
Junior Hero 1520
Meet the Heberts 378
MirrorVerse 942
NSW 765
Nemesis 1338
One More Trigger 72
Really Bad End 149
Recoil 435
Slippery Slope 1053
Trump Card 704
War Games 0 (1769)
Wyvern 948

Well, that was an impressive win by One More Trigger. Following it will be War Games and Hostage Situation, but after that is anyone's guess.

Guessing now: Junior Hero, Nemesis and maybe I, Panacea.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 107: Hostage Situation

Voting points this round: 1606

Announcements

User Errors:

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 535
All Alone 754
Bait & Switch 1033
Confrontation II 437
Danny & Taylor 348
Hostage Situation 0 (1796)
I, Panacea 1340
Junior Hero 1569
Meet the Heberts 432
MirrorVerse 980
NSW 824
Nemesis 1391
One More Trigger 147
Really Bad End 156
Recoil 620
Slippery Slope 1133
Trump Card 886
War Games 83
Wyvern 1105

Okay, that's War Games done, and next up is Hostage Situation. After this will likely be Junior Hero, then I, Panacea, then maybe Nemesis.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 108: Junior Hero

Voting points this round: 1552

Announcements

User Errors:
1986ctcel - Neglected to put the hyphen in Nemesis. I put it in.
Maefly - It Gets Worse isn't a voting option. I've put the three points toward the lowest-scoring story, which happens to be Really Bad End. It thanks you.
Powergoat - All Unaware is a completed story, and is not in the voting list. I'm going to presume you meant All Alone.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 663
All Alone 824
Bait & Switch 1047
Confrontation II 520
Danny & Taylor 376
Hostage Situation 93
I, Panacea 1502
Junior Hero 0 (1594)
Meet the Heberts 488
MirrorVerse 1004
NSW 883
Nemesis 1439
One More Trigger 226
Really Bad End 161
Recoil 792
Slippery Slope 1215
Trump Card 1076
War Games 153
Wyvern 1270

After this will likely be I, Panacea, then maybe Nemesis and Slippery Slope.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 109: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1383

Announcements

User Errors:
Powergoat, HearthBorn - 'Iacta', as in Alea Iacta Est, is a capital 'i'; not a lower-case 'L'. Just saying.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 770
All Alone 885
Bait & Switch 1071
Confrontation II 596
Danny & Taylor 410
Hostage Situation 173
I, Panacea 0 (1648)
Junior Hero 24
Meet the Heberts 548
MirrorVerse 1037
NSW 928
Nemesis 1481
One More Trigger 285
Really Bad End 172
Recoil 925
Slippery Slope 1295
Trump Card 1225
War Games 224
Wyvern 1418

After this will likely be Wyvern, then Nemesis and either Slippery Slope or Trump Card.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 110: Wyvern

Voting points this round: 1464

Announcements

User Errors:
Powergoat - 'Iacta', as in Alea Iacta Est, is still a capital 'i'; not a lower-case 'L'.
Finbar and Fishyface - please do not vote a second time before voting has been declared closed. Your first set of votes have been removed. Thank you.
Also, Another Way is not on the voting roster. The six points that Finbar put toward it is now going toward the story with the lowest received points in this voting round. Really Bad End thanks you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 885
All Alone 942
Bait & Switch 1083
Confrontation II 684
Danny & Taylor 447
Hostage Situation 262
I, Panacea 134
Junior Hero 41
Meet the Heberts 595
MirrorVerse 1081
NSW 977
Nemesis 1505
One More Trigger 352
Really Bad End 184
Recoil 1088
Slippery Slope 1390
Trump Card 1403
War Games 293
Wyvern 0 (1585)

After this will likely be Wyvern, then Nemesis and either Slippery Slope or Trump Card.
So far, so good ...

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 111: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1415

Announcements

I will be trimming stories off the list, starting right now. Whichever story has the lowest number of vote points this round will be dropped off the list. Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Really Bad End. It got one vote point, for a running total of 185. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

User Errors:
ayleid - NSW (Naked Sex World) is referred to by its initials, not typed out in full. I've fixed this, but please take note of this in future.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1003
All Alone 999
Bait & Switch 1103
Confrontation II 762
Danny & Taylor 483
Hostage Situation 335
I, Panacea 281
Junior Hero 67
Meet the Heberts 651
MirrorVerse 1115
NSW 1045
Nemesis 1538
One More Trigger 426
Recoil 1229
Slippery Slope 1472
Trump Card 0 (1567)
War Games 363
Wyvern 137

Welp, Trump Card overtook the pack, but Nemesis has a really good chance to win next.

6) [current situation] I will be pruning the list.
6a) Each voting round, I will be dropping the story that has garnered the fewest vote points for that round.
6b) That story will be removed from the voting list but not abandoned; it will keep its current total of vote points.
6c) Voting for stories that are not on the voting list will not increase their vote point totals. Those votes will instead be lost.
6d) If a story reaches the top of the list with the least amount of vote points for that round, I will update it then remove it from the list.
6e) When I have a) pruned the list to an acceptable size, and b) finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 112: Nemesis

Voting points this round: 1330

Announcements

I will be trimming stories off the list, starting right now. Whichever story has the lowest number of vote points this round will be dropped off the list. Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... MirrorVerse. It got 25 vote points (one less than Junior Hero), for a running total of 1140. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

User Errors:
Visual Pun , Zan - I, Panacea is not spelt with an L on the end. I have fixed your votes, this time.
Snake/Eater - you didn't put a number on Bait & Switch, but I remedied that. This time :p

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1099
All Alone 1039
Bait & Switch 1141
Confrontation II 826
Danny & Taylor 519
Hostage Situation 417
I, Panacea 436
Junior Hero 93
Meet the Heberts 705
NSW 1124
Nemesis 0 (1584)
One More Trigger 486
Recoil 1412
Slippery Slope 1534
Trump Card 139
War Games 424
Wyvern 232

And that's Nemesis up, and MirrorVerse dropped from the voting.

I'm guessing Slippery Slope next, then Recoil (unless Recoil slides in first), then maybe Bait & Switch and NSW.

6a) Each voting round, I will be dropping the story that has garnered the fewest vote points for that round.
6b) That story will be removed from the voting list but not abandoned; it will keep its current total of vote points.
6c) Voting for stories that are not on the voting list will not increase their vote point totals. Those votes will instead be lost.
6d) If a story reaches the top of the list with the least amount of vote points for that round, I will update it then remove it from the list.
6e) When I have a) pruned the list to an acceptable size, and b) finished a few of the current fics, I will look at bringing stories back on to the list.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 113: Slippery Slope

Voting points this round: 1465

Announcements

I will continue to trim stories off the list. Whichever story has the lowest number of vote points this round will be dropped off the list. Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Bait & Switch. It got 23 vote points (one less than Junior Hero, again), for a running total of 1164. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

Current list of stories that have been put on the inactive list:
Really Bad End
MirrorVerse
Bait & Switch

User Errors:
None that are significant.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1211
All Alone 1094
Confrontation II 901
Danny & Taylor 570
Hostage Situation 502
I, Panacea 615
Junior Hero 117
Meet the Heberts 776
NSW 1212
Nemesis 55
One More Trigger 564
Recoil 1577
Slippery Slope 0 (1597)
Trump Card 290
War Games 495
Wyvern 351

And that's Slippery Slope up, and Bait & Switch dropped from the voting.

I'm guessing Slippery Slope next, then Recoil (unless Recoil slides in first), then maybe Bait & Switch and NSW.
Recoil nearly pipped Slippery Slope at the post, but it snuck into the top spot. Bait & Switch got knocked out of the running due to a low vote point count, so damn close to the winning line it could taste it (but don't worry; when it gets brought back in, it'll keep its current vote point total). After Recoil, it'll be Alea Iacta Est, then NSW at a rough guess.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 114: Recoil

Voting points this round: 1353

Announcements

I will continue to trim stories off the list. Whichever story has the lowest number of vote points this round will be dropped off the list. Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Junior Hero. It got 23 vote points (26 less than Danny & Taylor), for a running total of 140. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

Current list of stories that have been put on the inactive list, and their vote totals:
Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140

User Errors:
Dr. Mercurious - you titled Confrontation II wrongly. I fixed it, this time.
ArbaletShot - cancel your vote, and re-post it. That way it'll get counted.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 1332
All Alone 1165
Confrontation II 977
Danny & Taylor 619
Hostage Situation 566
I, Panacea 776
Meet the Heberts 834
NSW 1294
Nemesis 107
One More Trigger 644
Recoil 0 (1710)
Slippery Slope 70
Trump Card 421
War Games 553
Wyvern 475

And that's Recoil up, and Junior Hero dropped from the voting. That makes 15 stories in the voting list. I think I'll drop one more, to bring it down to 14. I won't add any more until I've completed a few.

After Recoil, it'll be Alea Iacta Est, then NSW at a rough guess.

Then after that, maybe All Alone.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 115: Alea Iacta Est

Voting points this round: 1609

Announcements

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Nemesis. It got 54 vote points (11 less than All Alone), for a running total of 161 points. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

Current list of stories that have been put on the inactive list, and their vote totals:
Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161

User Errors:
Visual Pun - Votes are not being accepted for Junior Hero. Sorry.
Fishyface - You voted twice. I have nullified the first vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (1454)
All Alone 1230
Confrontation II 1057
Danny & Taylor 692
Hostage Situation 660
I, Panacea 959
Meet the Heberts 914
NSW 1375
One More Trigger 729
Recoil 187
Slippery Slope 160
Trump Card 588
War Games 654
Wyvern 622

And that's Recoil up, and Junior Hero dropped from the voting. That makes 15 stories in the voting list. I think I'll drop one more again, to bring it down to 13. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

then NSW at a rough guess. Then after that, maybe All Alone.

Meanwhile, All Alone nearly got dropped from the running altogether. It'll be interesting to see if Danny & Taylor gets dropped next vote, or All Alone.

If All Alone gets the flick, then Confrontation II will step up into the front line.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 116: NSW

Voting points this round: 1393

Announcements

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Slippery Slope. It got 61 vote points (2 less than Meet the Heberts), for a running total of 221 points. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
HearthBorn - Please check the formatting of your vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 113
All Alone 1304
Confrontation II 1141
Danny & Taylor 768
Hostage Situation 750
I, Panacea 1105
Meet the Heberts 977
NSW 0 (1465)
One More Trigger 805
Recoil 345
Trump Card 721
War Games 755
Wyvern 750

And that's NSW up, and Slippery Slope dropped from the voting. That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

(I see what you did there).

Next up will be All Alone, followed by either I, Panacea or Confrontation II.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 117: All Alone

Voting points this round: 1318

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
skychan - Slippery Slope is off the voting list. Voting for it will not add to its total.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 226
All Alone 0 (1369)
Confrontation II 1233
Danny & Taylor 828
Hostage Situation 830
I, Panacea 1268
Meet the Heberts 1043
NSW 79
One More Trigger 877
Recoil 492
Trump Card 857
War Games 859
Wyvern 891

And that's All Alone up.

That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

Next up will be either I, Panacea or Confrontation II, then Meet the Heberts, then six stories all in the 800 range, so Cthulhu only knows which one will win out of that lot. And in the meantime, Recoil is coming up fast.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 118: I, Panacea

Voting points this round: 1414

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

In addition, stories that have never made it on to the voting list before. These are not on the voting list:
Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
Greg Veder, Conquering Hero [0] {NSFW} (Greg actually gets to be the hero and get the girl. Will be short.)
I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times.)
One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

Other stories, still in development. Also not on the voting list:
A Friend At Winslow - Non-Taylor-centric, but involving Taylor.
The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
Dinah Alcott, Ruler of the World - Exactly what it says on the tin.
EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
Force Projection - A sequel to my original fiction Number Two.
Hostile Takeover - Marquis had a son. He's just come back to Brockton Bay.
Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
Isel - Prequel to my original fiction King's Man
Parallel - A time travel story, involving Taylor's son from after Gold Morning.
Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
Puidwen - Your vote for One More Trigger was not properly formatted. I have added the vote anyway.
MaddTitan - Your vote for Confrontation II was not properly written. I have added the vote anyway. Your vote for Nemesis will not be counted, as that story is not in the voting lineup.
Xanothos - Your vote for Slippery Slope will not be counted, as that story is no longer being voted for.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 367
All Alone 59
Confrontation II 1312
Danny & Taylor 879
Hostage Situation 921
I, Panacea 0 (1446)
Meet the Heberts 1105
NSW 168
One More Trigger 956
Recoil 661
Trump Card 1019
War Games 958
Wyvern 1046

And that's I, Panacea up, for more about the crazy biokinetic with the voice in her head.

That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might will be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

Next up will be Confrontation II, then possibly Trump Card and Wyvern before Meet the Heberts, then more stories than I can judge between. Can anyone say 'photo finish'?

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 119: Confrontation II

Voting points this round: 1456

Announcements

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

Afraid of the Dark [0] (Danny is an expy of John Wick. Taylor just went through the Locker. Be very afraid.)
Another Way [0] (Marquis beat shit out of BBB, then spent the next eight years in Boston. Now that his daughter has triggered, he's come back. She's having a ball.)
Conflict [0] (It's 1980. Contessa managed to shank Eden without getting nerfed. Doctor Mother now has Eidolon's powerset, without the insecurity complex. They've got two years to prepare before Scion shows up.)
Entanglement [0] (Taylor has her bug powers. However, she is now randomly body-swapping with a Taylor from an Earth without super-powers. Both are rather confused.)
Fuck Worm! [0] {NSFW} (A double SI, where a couple gets dropped into the Wormverse on opposite sides. Only just started.)
Greg Veder, Conquering Hero [0] {NSFW} (Greg actually gets to be the hero and get the girl. Will be short.)
I'm HALPING! [0] (Taylor has a new friend. He's a cute teenage boy, who also happens to be an Endbringer. Cue hijinks.)
It Gets Worse [0] (Taylor has a pre-emptive power designed to rain down havoc on anyone trying to harm her or anyone she cares for. Coincidences get somewhat ridiculous at times.)
One Bad Day [0] (Sophia murders Grue. Taylor murders Sophia and Madison. Lisa murders her new team leader. Amy mindwipes Vicky. It's one hell of a bad day.)
Price of Blood [0] (Taylor's power is responsible for hundreds of deaths. Shadow Stalker is now working for Coil. Things are actually looking up.)
Yet Another Way [0] (A spin-off of Another Way, where Carol killed Amy. The BBB is now out of the picture, and Marquis has managed to adopt the Dallon and Pelham kids.)

The Centre Cannot Hold - Taylor gets a really weird power, and makes full use of it. Crack.
EverYthiNg YoU kNow iS WroNg - The Birdcage is a luxury resort. Marquis was sandbagging. It's all a LIE, I tell you! Pure crack.
Identity Theft - An international freelancer needs to hide out in Brockton Bay. Guess who she looks like?
Living in Brockton Bay is Suffering - A perfect storm of bad events happens, leaving Tagg in charge of the PRT, based in Brockton Bay.
Library Blues (working title) - A massive AU where Taylor is an adult, working in the library of Winslow High. Brian is the principal, and Sophia is the head coach.
Terminal: A cancer sufferer triggers with powers. His life does not improve. News at eleven.

User Errors:
Ofunu - Your vote for NSW was not written properly. I put the vote in anyway.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 516
All Alone 114
Confrontation II 0 (1385)
Danny & Taylor 939
Hostage Situation 1018
I, Panacea 169
Meet the Heberts 1173
NSW 258
One More Trigger 1030
Recoil 852
Trump Card 1194
War Games 1054
Wyvern 1205

And that's Confrontation II up, for more about the coming trainwreck between Sophia and Brian.

That makes 13 stories in the voting list. I think I'll hold it there for the moment. I won't add any more until I've completed a few, though I might will be posting Slippery Slope alongside the regular chapters.

Next up will be possibly Trump Card and Wyvern before Meet the Heberts, then more stories than I can judge between. Can anyone say 'photo finish'?

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 120: Trump Card

Voting points this round: 1380

Announcements

It seems that I've had to put stories that are not being voted for behind spoiler tags so that people don't actually vote for them. Le sigh.

Really Bad End 185
MirrorVerse 1140
Bait & Switch 1164
Junior Hero 140
Nemesis 161
Slippery Slope 221

User Errors:
Midlawe - The stories Are You Afraid of the Dark? and MirrorVerse are not on currently the voting list. Your votes for them were discarded.
Mafketel - Your vote for Alea Iacta Est didn't have a value attached. I put the vote in for it manually.
AncientPhoenix - Several things were wrong with your vote. Vote format goes as follows: [X] (note the square brackets) Name of story (please spell correctly) space dash space number.
Secondly: the stories Another Way, Are You Afraid of the Dark? and One Bad Day are not on the voting list. The votes for those have been discarded.
I did enter your valid votes manually. Please repair your formatting for the next time you vote.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 651
All Alone 156
Confrontation II 66
Danny & Taylor 990
Hostage Situation 1105
I, Panacea 349
Meet the Heberts 1241
NSW 335
One More Trigger 1112
Recoil 1041
Trump Card 0 (1368)
War Games 1131
Wyvern 1357

And that's Confrontation II up, for more about the coming trainwreck between Sophia and Brian.

So, Trump Card squeaked in with 11 vote points ahead of Wyvern, which will be next in line, then we've got a mess of choices, all over the thousand mark: Hostage Situation, Meet the Heberts, One More Trigger, Recoil and War Games. I can't even begin to pick it.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Back