• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 2

Okay, just to let everyone know, I've gone back and done a total recount of the votes from last voting period, because I was tired and made errors last night.

Junior Hero still won. That was pretty well a foregone conclusion.

However, this time I got the number of overall vote points correct, and I corrected the Wyvern problem. Thanks to all for pointing this out to me.

Please continue voting as normal.

[X] Junior Hero - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Meet the Heberts - 1

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Nemesis - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2

Reactions: Zan
[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Nemesis - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Thank you O Spectacular Ack, for all that you do for us - your fans

[X] MirrorVerse - 6
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

6 & 5 MirrorVerse & All Alone w/Angush & SnakeEater. 4 Alea Iacta Est - MirrorVerse w/JKR.

Note: as before, I'm very unsure what to do for my 2 option, so I'm willing to trade it for a One More Trigger vote. (Not interested in Recoil, Slippery Slope, and, for obvious reasons, anything with an X in my vote already; will at least consider pretty much everything else, but my non-X options especially.) Quote this paragraph if you want to use this :)
Would this be a permanent trade, or a single round trade? I'm willing to throw One More Trigger up there either way, and would appreciate a reciprocation of any of my votes. Preferably MirrorVerse if it's a permanent thing, but I'm perfectly ok with any of my list for a single round.

Last edited:
[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Hostage Situation - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Confrontation II - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Nemesis - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

Would this be a permanent trade, or a single round trade? I'm willing to throw One More Trigger up there either way, and would appreciate a reciprocation of any of my votes. Preferably MirrorVerse if it's a permanent thing, but I'm perfectly ok with any of my list for a single round.
Single round - I would probably consider permanent trades for stories I've read and liked, which happens to be most of Ack's output, but MirrorVerse is not either so far.

You've actually put me in a bit of a bind - I haven't read MirrorVerse, don't recall anything about All Alone, and already have the other four stories on my list. Are you fine with me just keeping Confrontation II in the spot, or should it be changed to All Alone?

EDIT: re-read All Alone, and definitely that. Though I would probably reconsider that if it ever gets much darker.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] NSW - 2
[X] Really Bad End - 5
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] War Games - 6

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Really Bad End - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1