• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Slippery Slope - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X) I, Panacea - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] War Games- 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Oh I KNOW "1" is the lowest vote. I knew exactly what I was doing. :)
I'm more wondering whether you knew what you were doing when you put Slippery Slope, of all things, as your highest vote. Surely there are many stories much more deserving it, such as Trump Card, One More Trigger, or Alea Iacta Est? :)

(Um, what was my 6 vote again? Oh, right, One More Trigger. And the other two listed were 5 and 4. And no, this was not intentional, I actually didn't remember - I just looked through the lists in the last few votes for stories I could vote for.)

Reactions: Ack
I'm more wondering whether you knew what you were doing when you put Slippery Slope, of all things, as your highest vote. Surely there are many stories much more deserving it, such as Trump Card, One More Trigger, or Alea Iacta Est? :)
Nothing wrong with a 6-vote for Slippery Slope. In fact, it's one of the best votes!

I'm looking forward to Slippery Slope coming up again! That effective double tap on Nemesis? ...not so much. But I enjoy so many of Ack's other works, I don't mind the occasional entries for other tastes :)

Okay, so a few notes.

One, I'm going on holidays in a couple of days. I will try to keep writing, but between PAX and Brisnova, I may not get as much as I want done.

Two, I've been working at Hostage Situation, but it's not cooperating.

Three, I have written a chapter for something else. Original fiction, even. Zombie fiction, even :p It's an idea that's been rattling around in my head for a while.

This is not going to be a regular story, just something I write when, you know, I want to write it.

Anyway, have some Century Z.

Sorry, I don't have negative votes to give ;)
If I had negative votes, I'd be giving them to Century Z, because I don't particularly like anything that has zombies in it, and it's stealing author juice from actually good stuff like Entanglement, It Gets Worse, and The Great Tattletale Caper.
(And to Recoil, I suppose, because ch*rp Recoil, it gets way too many votes anyway.)

Nemesis actually isn't that bad (and a valid option for my trading agreement, though obviously far from my first choice).

[X] It Gets Worse - 3
Um, as much as I like (most of) the rest of your vote, you do realize that It Gets Worse isn't a valid voting option, right?

...Well, I don't think it is, anyway (if it was I would have probably voted for it).

My preferred voting targets are (yes, quite a few):
- I, Panacea
- Slippery Slope
- Wyvern
- Trump Card
- All Alone
- Alea Lacta Est
- Confrontation II
- War Games
- Hostage Situation

I'm not particularly against One More Trigger or Junior Hero, and while Recoil is okay, I've also had enough of it for now. The rest? Anything I can do to slow them down is okay in my book.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4

And in a massive upset, Trump Card wins this round of voting; despite the other options getting more of the popular vote (suspect it was rigged).

We're all gonna die!

*edit- And apparently this situation killed the thread as thoroughly as Trump's election killed the US.

Last edited:
[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] Alea lacta Est - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] All Unaware - 1

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back