• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Confrontation II- 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] NSW - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] MirrorVerse - 2 (Swapped for War Games with Snake/Eater)
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

I will be trimming stories off the list, starting right now. Whichever story has the lowest number of vote points this round will be dropped off the list. Any votes to any stories not on the list will not be applied to any stories, on or off the list. The stories will not be abandoned, just put on hiatus until I've actually finished a significant number of stories that are actually still on the list.

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... Really Bad End. It got one vote point, for a running total of 185. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.
Well, you won't hear much complaining from me. :p

Welp, Trump Card overtook the pack, but Nemesis has a really good chance to win next.

Spreadsheet has been updated. And while it has a chance, I'd hesitate to call it "really good." Current projections put Slippery Slope a mere 11 votes behind it in Vote 112, which is close enough that just a few people shifting it from their 1-point vote to their 6-point vote could make the difference.

That said, if Slippery Slope does manage to pass Nemesis for Vote 112, Nemesis still has enough of a lead that it will probably be 30+ votes ahead of the competition in Vote 113. So fans of it won't have to worry too much. After that we have almost-certain wins for Recoil and Alea Iacta Est in that order, by more than 300 and 200 votes respectively. Not much chance of something overtaking those two powerhouses. And then we might finally see updates for MirrorVerse and NSW.

I think this is a very wise choice. It will enable you to concentrate votes so you can finish stories. And yes I am saying this with the knowledge that All Alone, my top fave, may very well make that list.
You shouldn't have to worry about that too much. All Alone has been earning 50+ votes for quite some time now; several more stories would have to get axed first before it's at risk.

Far more likely to drop off next is Bait & Switch, which has been puttering along at 10-20 votes pretty consistently and hasn't won a vote in nearly a year and a half -- though Ack, if you're reading, I'd suggest that you weight things slightly in favor of stories which have a high vote total, even if they're only bringing them in slowly. B&S, for example, is up to 1,100+ by this point -- dropping it now may not be fair to those people who've been voting for it consistently for a long time.

...and, so, Trump (Card) wins the popular and electoral vote...
At least this time there weren't an overwhelming number of predictions suggesting otherwise. :p

Finally, here's my vote:

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

It took me a while to figure out what you meant, but yes, that's right (this time, at least).

Incidentally, I'm the guy who gave the one point to Really Bad End - if it wasn't for me it would've had zero points this round. But I wasn't voting for it with any good reason, anyway.

Reactions: Ack
[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X) I, Panacea - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] All Alone - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Meet the Heberts - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

[X] All Alone - 5 Angush

Please Warn me if anyone has changed their mind continuing the deal.

Everyone start making trades like you never traded before.
Angush posted a week or two ago saying he'd forgotten about this thread, and telling everyone they could remove their trades with him.
*starts hunting for the Russian hackers influencing the vote for Trump(card).*:p

They tried, but I own a shovel, a tarp and a utility vehicle :p
"OK men! This just turned from a manhunt to garbage disposal, you know what to do with the bodies."

"It's alright Mr. Ack, I'm very good at making problems like this disappear. Just go on with your day, and forget all about this unfortunate business. No evidence will remain."

[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Hostage Situation - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[] Recoil

[X] Recoil - 6 (LOCKED)
[X] Trump Card - 5 (LOCKED)
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

[X] Danny & Taylor - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] Nemesis - 3 (traded with Navrin for Danny & Taylor)
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2 (traded with Navrin for NSW)
[X] Wyvern - 1 (traded with Navrin for Meet the Heberts)

Anyone voting for Nemesis, Alea Iacta Est and Wyvern willing to throw some votes to Danny & Taylor, NSW and Meet the Heberts?

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 1
[X] NSW - 6

I'd hesitate to call it "really good." Current projections put Slippery Slope a mere 11 votes behind it in Vote 112, which is close enough that just a few people shifting it from their 1-point vote to their 6-point vote could make the difference.
Well, let me widen that gap a bit. Voted 6 for Slippery Slope last round and none for Nemesis. However, I've kind of grown tired of this endless storyvoting, so as a token of my appreciation to pepperjack, I'll just put some votes in Nemesis for them.
[X] Nemesis - 6

As usual, heavily based on my previous vote...

[] I'm Halping - 13
[] The Great Tattletale Caper - 12
[] Entanglement - 11
[] It Gets Worse - 10
[] Price of Blood - 9
[] One Bad Day - 8
[] Greg Veder, Conquering Hero - 7
[X] One More Trigger - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] All Alone - 2 (traded with Anaja for One More Trigger)
[X] Junior Hero - 1
[] I, Panacea - 0
[] Trump Card - 0 (and for the record, yes, I'm Russian)
[] War Games - 0
[] Wyvern - 0

Not particularly interested in most of the rest, sorry - Recoil and Slippery Slope especially.
(For most of the others I just don't recall what they're about. What were MirrorVerse and Danny & Taylor about again?)

Anaja - I'm assuming our trade is still going on? (Though I'm sufficiently interested in All Alone that I'd probably be voting for it either way.)

Anyone want make a deal? I have a space for 5 and a 1.

I wish I could just throw all of my votes at a couple of the nsfw stories since it looks like we will be losing all of them

[X] Danny & Taylor - 6
[X] Meet The Heberts - 5
[X] NSW - 4
[X] Bait & Switch - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

What were MirrorVerse and Danny & Taylor about again?
MirrorVerse is basically the standard Mirror Universe where everyone good is evil and vice versa. Includes evil/dark-ish NSW stuff as well.

Danny & Taylor is Ack's incest fic, with, as the title says, Danny and Taylor having sex, as well as Vicky and Amy. Also, Danny and Taylor have powers similar to Doormaker and Clairvoyant, respectively.

Both of these have SFW and NSFW versions.

What were MirrorVerse and Danny & Taylor about again?

Also, Danny and Taylor have powers similar to Doormaker and Clairvoyant, respectively.

Taylor is Compass Rose, who can locate anything or anyone, given a unique description or even a picture. Danny can teleport; when they're in physical contact, both of their powers are enhanced considerably, and she can give him the exact location of what she's found. He can teleport small items to him, or teleport the both of them to larger items.

... yeah, they're somewhat OP.

Taylor is Compass Rose, who can locate anything or anyone, given a unique description or even a picture. Danny can teleport; when they're in physical contact, both of their powers are enhanced considerably, and she can give him the exact location of what she's found. He can teleport small items to him, or teleport the both of them to larger items.

... yeah, they're somewhat OP.
It bother's me that they don't have any penalties for having a strong power.

Now I wonder what they could do when theirs shards are unchained.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back