• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Well now that MirrorVerse is gone, all my votes are voided.

What underdog story should I back and make deal's on?

Temporary votes for now tIL deals are made

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Nemesis - 5
[X] Slippery Slope - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Last edited:
[X] Trump Card - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X) I, Panacea - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] NSW - 1

By my math, if it's correct, the 3 stories that got the most votes this last round were Recoil with 183, I, Panacea with 155, and Trump Card with 139. Among the remaining stories, the bottom 3 performances were Bait & Switch with 38, Danny & Taylor with 36, and at the bottom, Junior Hero with 26. Assuming that voting patterns remain more or less consistent, All Alone, which got only 40 votes is likely to fall into the bottom 3 performers at the conclusion of this current round. Of the NSFW stories, NSW had the best performance this round. The vote totals for this round as I added them up are under the spoiler below.

Alea Iact Est- 96
All Alone- 40
Bait & Switch- 38
Confrontation II- 64
Danny & Taylor- 36
Hostage Situation- 82
I, Panacea- 155
Junior Hero- 26
Meet the Heberts- 54
NSW- 79
Nemesis- 46
One More Trigger- 60
Recoil- 183
Slippery Slope-62
Trump Card- 139
War Games- 61
Wyvern- 95

[X] Danny & Taylor - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] Nemesis - 3 (traded with Navrin for Danny & Taylor)
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2 (traded with Navrin for NSW)
[X] Wyvern - 1 (traded with Navrin for Meet the Heberts)

Anyone voting for Nemesis, Alea Iacta Est and Wyvern willing to throw some votes to Danny & Taylor, NSW and Meet the Heberts?

Come on people don't let the NSFW fics all get removed :(

[X] Confrontation II - 6
[X] One More Trigger - 5
[X] War Games - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1 (Traded for All Alone -1 with thyrfa)

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... MirrorVerse. It got 25 vote points (one less than Junior Hero), for a running total of 1140. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.
Dang. That's gonna throw my projections off; MirrorVerse already had enough votes that it was showing up as a predicted winner within 5 rounds. Now it's just gonna sit there.

I'm guessing Slippery Slope next, then Recoil (unless Recoil slides in first), then maybe Bait & Switch and NSW.
I currently put it as Slippery Slope (which has solidified its lead to 30+), Recoil, Alea Iacta Est, and then finally NSW.

By my math, if it's correct, the 3 stories that got the most votes this last round were Recoil with 183, I, Panacea with 155, and Trump Card with 139. Among the remaining stories, the bottom 3 performances were Bait & Switch with 38, Danny & Taylor with 36, and at the bottom, Junior Hero with 26. Assuming that voting patterns remain more or less consistent, All Alone, which got only 40 votes is likely to fall into the bottom 3 performers at the conclusion of this current round. Of the NSFW stories, NSW had the best performance this round. The vote totals for this round as I added them up are under the spoiler below.

Alea Iact Est- 96
All Alone- 40
Bait & Switch- 38
Confrontation II- 64
Danny & Taylor- 36
Hostage Situation- 82
I, Panacea- 155
Junior Hero- 26
Meet the Heberts- 54
NSW- 79
Nemesis- 46
One More Trigger- 60
Recoil- 183
Slippery Slope-62
Trump Card- 139
War Games- 61
Wyvern- 95
I can confirm these values for you; they match my data.

Anyone voting for Nemesis, Alea Iacta Est and Wyvern willing to throw some votes to Danny & Taylor, NSW and Meet the Heberts?

Come on people don't let the NSFW fics all get removed :(
I'm with ctcel; if you read any of Ack's NSFW stuff, consider putting it at the top of your voting list. They tend to get far fewer votes than his other stories, since apparently not everyone wants to read about teenage heroes & villians boning. :rolleyes:

My vote:

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 1
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] NSW - 6

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Junior Hero - 2
[X] Nemesis - 1

Mirrorverse no! It was just getting interesting. :(

Last edited:
[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1

Last edited:
[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] War Games - 4 [locked, HearthBorn]
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

edit: actually, don't usually go for the whole vote trading thing, but this round only, I'm up for trading any of my votes from 5 down, for anything you like, for an equivalent (or greater) gap in Recoil > Slippery Slope votes.
eg. you: Recoil 5, no SS vote = my 5 slot
you: Recoil 4, SS 3 = my 1 slot

Last edited:
[X] War Games - 6
[X] Recoil - 4 (Locked mouse)
[X] All Alone - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Junior Hero - 1

mouse, I'll take you up on that for your Bait & Switch vote, this round. Drop it in favor of War Games (and bump it to position #4), and I'll vote for Recoil in spot four, which I normally never do.

Last edited:
mouse, I'll take you up on that for your Bait & Switch vote, this round. Drop it in favor of War Games (and bump it to position #4), and I'll vote for Recoil in spot four, which I normally never do.
Confirming, you'll swap out Slippery Slope for Recoil in your 4 slot, not vote Slippery Slope, and in return I'll vote War Games at 4 and not vote Bait and Switch.

[X] Bait & Switch - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] Danny & Taylor - 3
[X] War Games - 2
[X] Wyvern - 1
[] Alea Iacta Est
[] All Alone
[] Confrontation II
[] Hostage Situation

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] One More Trigger - 5