• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Well now that MirrorVerse is gone, all my votes are voided.

What underdog story should I back and make deal's on?
The real problem with voting for underdog stories is that it's now a zero-sum game. Ack is going to drop the story with the lowest vote count each round until the number of stories he's actively working on is manageable, so the best most of the underdogs can hope for is to squeeze in one more update before dropping off the voting list, like Nemesis did for this round. MirrorVerse was one of the stories where that was a possibility, but voters were more focused on helping Bait & Switch and Junior Hero persist for a few more rounds.

If you want to help Ack's less popular stories get one last update before going on hiatus for who knows how long you should focus on NSW and All Alone. They both have low enough averages to be in danger, but have high enough totals that it's possible for them to win in a few rounds.

Based on the votes so far this round, if the cutoff was 'as of this vote, these top ten stay, the rest are gone', the survivors would be...

I, Panacea
Recoil
Trump Card
Alea Iacta Est
Wyvern
Hostage Situation
NSW
Confrontation II
Meet the Heberts
War Games

But all but the last two, Junior Hero and Bait & Switch, are within a few 'six' votes of jumping into the top ten. So it's kinda a tossup on which ones will make the cut over the next several votes. A key voter might be out of town for a week that Ack has a 3-5 day turnaround, and a different story lands up getting dropped.

can I convince you to use your free slots on Ack's NSFW fics?
On one of them, maybe (leaving 'free' slots is intended for the purpose of not adding to the total number of votes for fics other than the one I most want to see more of, so I'm a bit reluctant). Which ones are you most interested in (because there are some I'd rather not see more of)?

On one of them, maybe (leaving 'free' slots is intended for the purpose of not adding to the total number of votes for fics other than the one I most want to see more of, so I'm a bit reluctant). Which ones are you most interested in (because there are some I'd rather not see more of)?

Danny & Taylor or NSW.

edit: or Meet the Heberts.

Last edited:
Ah!! I missed a vote....what have I done!!

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Nemesis - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Thank you O Spectacular Ack, for all that you do for us - your fans

As always, heavily based on my previous vote - with some NSFW story saving this time as well...

[] I'm Halping - 14
[] The Great Tattletale Caper - 13
[] Entanglement - 12
[] It Gets Worse - 11
[] Price of Blood - 10
[] One Bad Day - 9
[] Greg Veder, Conquering Hero - 8
[] MirrorVerse - 7 (sorry Anaja, didn't realize it in time)
[X] One More Trigger - 6
[X] Hostage Situation - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Meet the Heberts - 2
[X] Junior Hero - 1
[] Alea Iacta Est - 0
[] I, Panacea - 0
[] Trump Card - 0 (and for the record, yes, I'm Russian)
[] War Games - 0
[] Wyvern - 0

Not particularly interested in most of the rest, sorry - Recoil and Slippery Slope especially.
(For most of the others I just don't recall what they're about. What were Nemesis and Bait & Switch about again?)

Anaja - I'll put your trade back if you actually vote this round (you don't seem to have voted in the last round, somewhat unfortunately for your favorite story) and I manage to notice it before the round ends (though if you prefer me to keep my current 2 point vote, I'd happily do that).

And for the record, again, no, I didn't expect MirrorVerse to disappear as early as this round either.
(Though in a hilarious way it did make my old prediction come true yet again - MirrorVerse couldn't win, so it lost instead! Doesn't look like Recoil is winning this round though, so not a 7/7 result, unfortunately. And no, I'm not voting for Recoil just for the sake of that old prediction, and it probably won't be enough anyway.)
Based on the votes so far this round, if the cutoff was 'as of this vote, these top ten stay, the rest are gone', the survivors would be...
...basically just about every single SFW fic I like, minus One More Trigger (which I'm already doing my best to keep), plus Recoil (which is hardly going to disappear, but looks like the best candidate to quickly finish and leave space for other stuff), and with some weird results on the NSFW side (now that I know what Danny & Taylor is, I want to keep that one).

[X] One More Trigger - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] One More Trigger - 5

you don't seem to have voted in the last round, somewhat unfortunately for your favorite story
Wasn't getting updates for this thread until you tagged me here. Assumed this was just being a long wait for the update, and ended up missing the entire last round.
Since I'm redoing my whole voting list now, what would be your preferred vote trade?

The drop for this vote will be ... (drumroll) ... MirrorVerse. It got 25 vote points (one less than Junior Hero), for a running total of 1140. It gets to keep this total for when it re-enters voting. But for now, it's out.
Now that makes me sad. MirrorVerse would have been saved for at least another round if I had voted.

Hey Ack, any word on which of your stories are closest to being finished?

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] All Alone - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

Wasn't getting updates for this thread until you tagged me here. Assumed this was just being a long wait for the update, and ended up missing the entire last round.
Since I'm redoing my whole voting list now, what would be your preferred vote trade?
Not really sure; One More Trigger is still my favorite, and apparently the most likely "popular" story to lose, but there's not much space for you to put it any higher, anyway.
I actually tagged you in my previous vote too, incidentally - not sure why you didn't notice that (maybe because it was a copy made from a quote, as opposed to a freshly written tag, and this made the forums ignore it).
Now that makes me sad. MirrorVerse would have been saved for at least another round if I had voted.
Or if I chose literally anything other than Junior Hero as the replacement when Really Bad End went away.
Very sorry either way. But it was so out of the blue that neither of us could have realistically expected it, admittedly.

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Well, that was a nice surprise. I'll need to go back and find that post where someone made a bet with me about when Nemesis would update. I vaguely remember calling April?

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

Well, that was a nice surprise. I'll need to go back and find that post where someone made a bet with me about when Nemesis would update. I vaguely remember calling April?

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] NSW - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] War Games - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

Pretty sure that was me, that you didn't believe it would be before April, while I figured it would be double tapping rather shortly. So, somewhere inbetween :)

I actually tagged you in my previous vote too, incidentally - not sure why you didn't notice that (maybe because it was a copy made from a quote, as opposed to a freshly written tag, and this made the forums ignore it).
Yeah, not sure what exactly happened there.

Not really sure; One More Trigger is still my favorite, and apparently the most likely "popular" story to lose, but there's not much space for you to put it any higher, anyway.
I'm not sure if those are going to stay in those places. It's just that All Alone and One More Trigger are the most likely to stay on my standard voting list. It might go up or down. I could lock it in if you want to suggest an offer.

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] NSW - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1