• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Security! - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Confrontation - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] Alea lacta Est

[X] MirrorVerse - 5
[X] Recoil - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Confrontation - 1

[X] MirrorVerse - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] War Games - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est

[X] MirrorVerse - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] NSW - 3
[X] All Unaware - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est

[X] War Games - 5
[X] Confrontation - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Junior Hero - 2
[X] Security! - 1

[X] All Alone

I know its unlikely for this to win because Ack sprung a new story on us that everyone has fresh in their minds, but I urge you to go back and look this one over. I certainly had to and when I did I remembered that this was the story with all the feels and the novel 'Emma dies while Taylor is at camp' premise. Taylor getting a different power-set happens all the time in fanfics, and while Ack is exceptionally good at writing those, All Alone is something special all to itself.

Last edited:
[X] Bait & Switch - 1
[X] Brian & Aisha - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Really Bad End - 5

No care for the new story.

This one's between Nemesis and All Alone for me. Nemesis is a nice change of pace from the other stories and I've started to care about the original characters. All Alone looks to be the beginning of a redemption fic for Sophia (which is not new per se) with a non-triggering Taylor (which is, to the best of my knowledge. It's tough.

It looks like the newest story (AlE) is winning by 25 to 6 to 2, though, so my vote might not matter that much...

Well, that's no reason not to vote.

[X] Nemesis

[X] Confrontation - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] One More Trigger - 1

[X] The Slippery Slope

This one's between Nemesis and All Alone for me. Nemesis is a nice change of pace from the other stories and I've started to care about the original characters. All Alone looks to be the beginning of a redemption fic for Sophia (which is not new per se) with a non-triggering Taylor (which is, to the best of my knowledge. It's tough.

It looks like the newest story (AlE) is winning by 25 to 6 to 2, though, so my vote might not matter that much...

Well, that's no reason not to vote.

[X] Nemesis
... did you forget the rest of your vote?

[X] Alea Iacta Est

[X] NSW - 5
[X] Danny & Taylor - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] I, Panacea - 1

Okay, that's Brian & Aisha done. Last chapter and all. Note: NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

I do believe that I shall be tallying votes.

Voting is CLOSED.

Vote 49: Confrontation (last chapter)
Thanks, as always, for voting.

Bb103 – you're welcome.
Bloodshifter – you do realise that Brian & Aisha is finished, right? I'm putting your 2 vote points toward the story that got the lowest vote points this round (ie, Really Bad End). It thanks you.

Secondary Vote Result
Given that Brian & Aisha finished last vote round, I instituted a secondary vote for a new story to enter the lineup.
Nemesis was at the back of the queue, with 3 votes, All Alone and The Slippery Slope next last with 6 and 7 votes respectively, leaving Alea Iacta Est as the winner with 26 votes (which it will get as a 'kicker' for this voting round).
Just incidentally, "Iacta" in Alea Iacta Est starts with an upper case 'i', not a lower case 'L'.
Pyro Hawk , Chojomeka , Feiron , Rentoba , Frosty Wolf , doomlord9 , Prince Charon please take note.

Story Ending
Confrontation will also be ending on this vote round. Thus, it has been taken out of the running (it got 659 vote points).

New Story
To replace it, I will be holding another Secondary Vote. Details below.

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Alea Iacta Est 26
All Unaware 526
Bait & Switch 56
Danny & Taylor 582
I, Panacea 227
Junior Hero 315
MirrorVerse 417
NSW 610
One More Trigger 171
Really Bad End 344
Recoil 318
Security! 306
Trump Card 158
War Games 207

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Looks like Confrontation might be next, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if it made 600 on the next vote.

Which it did. Also in the 600s is NSW. Following that, in no particular order, are All Unaware and Danny & Taylor in the 500s.

Secondary Vote:

I have three stories up for voting on to the list. To this end, please cast a vote for one of the following stories (over and above the five standard votes). Whichever gets the most votes will be emplaced into the voting roster with the next vote count, and may then be voted upon normally.

[X] All Alone
[X] Nemesis
[X] The Slippery Slope

Just a simple vote; no vote points need be thrown in (each vote for one of these stories will be counted as a single vote).

This is in addition to the standard vote.

Quick descriptions:

All Alone: Emma is killed in the alley by the ABB, who are in turn slaughtered by Shadow Stalker. Taylor has to deal with the death of her best friend, just a year after she lost her mother.

Nemesis: A Worm story with all original characters; the main character wakes up with amnesia and unexpected (and unwanted) super-powers. He quickly clashes with the forces of law and order, including an arrogant local superhero.

The Slippery Slope: Taylor makes friends at Winslow. They belong to the Empire Eighty-Eight.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO five votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth five points, second is worth four, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts. QQbot will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Secondary vote here (No vote points needed).

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Slippery Slope

EDIT: Sorry :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Ack
[X] All Unaware - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] The Slippery Slope

Sorry about that previous spelling mistake, I was just copy pasting off someone else.

[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Nemesis

[X] MirrorVerse - 5
[X] Really Bad End - 4
[X] NSW - 3
[X] All Unaware - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

[X] Nemesis

Just incidentally, "Iacta" in Alea Iacta Est starts with an upper case 'i', not a lower case 'L'.
Pyro Hawk , Chojomeka , Feiron , Rentoba , Frosty Wolf , doomlord9 , Prince Charon please take note.

You can say that but I will keep imagining until a milky!Taylor story shakes loose.

Or I could buckle down and get that one idea sent to you. It's not the central theme but it features in it.

It's so damn long though and I still need to get the NSW idea sent as well....stupid job, giving me money but taking up all of my time T_T

[X] NSW - 5
[X] All Unaware - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Bait & Switch - 2
[X] Danny & Taylor - 1

[X] The Slippery Slope

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Trump Card - 1