• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

Vote 31: Recoil
And the winner is ...

Okay, guys, we had two votes for The Slippery Slope, despite my asking people not to do this.

Votes for something not on the list will not make me write it any faster. What I'm going to do is apply those two votes (comprising 7 vote points) to the voting choice that has the lowest total on the list, after votes have been counted. This will be I, Panacea.

I appreciate all the votes, but it would be nice if you could vote for something on the list. Thanks.

Aftermath 344
All Unaware 173
Bait & Switch 378
Brian & Aisha 255
Confrontation 87
Danny & Taylor 199
I, Panacea 62
Junior Hero 472
MirrorVerse 164
NSW 258
One More Trigger 189
Really Bad End 156
Recoil 0 (529)
Security! 163
Trump Card 352

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Well, that was interesting. Record highs followed by record lows. This is the first time it's gone below 500 in quite some time. Of course, two 600+ vote counts did take their toll.

Climbing back into the 500+ vote point counts.

It should be Recoil, then Junior Hero, then probably Trump Card. Then just maybe Bait & Switch.

Junior Hero looks set to be up next, and Trump Card is coming on strong. After that ... well Bait & Switch is the only one in the 300 range after that.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO five votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth five points, second is worth four, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 32: Junior Hero
And the winner is ...

Thanks for the great voter turnout.

cp252 - due to the fact that you had formatting on your vote, none of your votes made it through. However, I was ready for this, and entered them manually. Next time, when you cast a vote, look at the BBcode and remove all formatting on your vote, including fonts. Otherwise, it just might not make it through.

Aftermath 385
All Unaware 194
Bait & Switch 385
Brian & Aisha 264
Confrontation 139
Danny & Taylor 214
I, Panacea 121
Junior Hero 0 (497)
MirrorVerse 164
NSW 322
One More Trigger 220
Really Bad End 162
Recoil 64
Security! 226
Trump Card 450

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Junior Hero looks set to be up next, and Trump Card is coming on strong. After that ... well Bait & Switch is the only one in the 300 range after that.

It is indeed Junior Hero, followed by Trump Card, then what looks to be either Aftermath or possibly NSW. Bait & Switch is in the 300 range too, but given that Aftermath just caught up with it, and NSW is getting more than either one, it will probably be NSW, Aftermath, then Security!, then maybe Bait & Switch.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO five votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 32: Trump Card
Another great voter turnout.

However, just a quick note. Security! has an exclamation mark attached. Fishyface and Feiron please take note.

Aftermath 427
All Unaware 217
Bait & Switch 401
Brian & Aisha 276
Confrontation 193
Danny & Taylor 227
I, Panacea 188
Junior Hero 19
MirrorVerse 179
NSW 384
One More Trigger 246
Really Bad End 171
Recoil 142
Security! 286
Trump Card 0 (531)

followed by Trump Card, then what looks to be either Aftermath or possibly NSW. Bait & Switch is in the 300 range too, but given that Aftermath just caught up with it, and NSW is getting more than either one, it will probably be NSW, Aftermath, then Security!, then maybe Bait & Switch.

To be honest, anything's possible right now. Not even going to try to judge this one.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 34: Aftermath
Just a quick note. People are starting to get lazy with formatting. AntonioCC and ArbaletShot , your votes had errors which made it harder to count.

Thanks, as always, for voting.

Aftermath 0 (484)
All Unaware 236
Bait & Switch 410
Brian & Aisha 277
Confrontation 247
Danny & Taylor 240
I, Panacea 256
Junior Hero 42
MirrorVerse 191
NSW 433
One More Trigger 275
Really Bad End 180
Recoil 211
Security! 349
Trump Card 67

followed by Trump Card, then what looks to be either Aftermath or possibly NSW.

Aftermath, but NSW is close behind.

Bait & Switch is in the 300 range too, but given that Aftermath just caught up with it, and NSW is getting more than either one, it will probably be NSW, Aftermath, then Security!, then maybe Bait & Switch.

To be honest, anything's possible right now. Not even going to try to judge this one.

Yup.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes font changes.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 34: NSW
cp252 , your votes were counted, but your I, Panacea vote has an extra space between the name and the dash, which makes it get counted separately. defuse00 , you have no space before the dash. Would it be possible to fix these?

Saphrae , sorry, still not taking votes for The Slippery Slope. Soon, though.

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Aftermath 41
All Unaware 250
Bait & Switch 417
Brian & Aisha 292
Confrontation 311
Danny & Taylor 254
I, Panacea 326
Junior Hero 69
MirrorVerse 208
NSW 0 (479)
One More Trigger 306
Really Bad End 192
Recoil 266
Security! 411
Trump Card 152

Well, that was Aftermath, and now it's NSW, with Security! coming up fast, and Bait & Switch the favourite after that.

.In other news: the next chapter for Aftermath will be its last. I will be finishing that story, and bringing in The Slippery Slope, just as I intend to bring in Nemesis to replace Brian & Aisha after that story's next (and final) chapter.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 36: Security!
I notice that votes for Brian & Aisha have gone up. I wonder why it's so popular all of a sudden? :p

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Aftermath 104
All Unaware 264
Bait & Switch 433
Brian & Aisha 318
Confrontation 373
Danny & Taylor 263
I, Panacea 400
Junior Hero 86
MirrorVerse 215
NSW 36
One More Trigger 331
Really Bad End 197
Recoil 340
Security! 0 (482)
Trump Card 215

, and Bait & Switch the favourite after that.

... or I, Panacea might just edge it out, depending on how much each of them gets.

After that, Recoil has just hit the 300s, with Confrontation and One More Trigger looking good for a follow-up. Then maybe - just maybe - Trump Card comes around again.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 37: I, Panacea
Just a note: Security! has an exclamation mark on the end. Saphrae and JMHthe3rd please take note :)

Aftermath 183
All Unaware 284
Bait & Switch 449
Brian & Aisha 343
Confrontation 442
Danny & Taylor 282
I, Panacea 0 (484)
Junior Hero 107
MirrorVerse 230
NSW 87
One More Trigger 353
Really Bad End 206
Recoil 429
Security! 62
Trump Card 310

, and Bait & Switch the favourite after that.

... or I, Panacea might just edge it out, depending on how much each of them gets.

Which it did.

After that, Recoil has just hit the 300s,

Looking good to edge out Bait & Switch and Confrontation next round, given that it's now in the four hundreds.

with Confrontation and One More Trigger looking good for a follow-up. Then maybe - just maybe - Trump Card comes around again.

I'm thinking after Confrontation, it'll be Trump Card then One More Trigger.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 38: Recoil
Just a note: Security! has an exclamation mark on the end. Addlcove please take note :)

Aftermath 258
All Unaware 306
Bait & Switch 472
Brian & Aisha 364
Confrontation 504
Danny & Taylor 310
I, Panacea 70
Junior Hero 131
MirrorVerse 240
NSW 138
One More Trigger 391
Really Bad End 223
Recoil 0 (524)
Security! 127
Trump Card 415

After that, Recoil has just hit the 300s,

Looking good to edge out Bait & Switch and Confrontation next round, given that it's now in the four hundreds.

... blasting through into the five hundreds ...

with Confrontation and One More Trigger looking good for a follow-up. Then maybe - just maybe - Trump Card comes around again.

With Confrontation just tipped into the 500s, it's good for the next one, unless Bait & Switch manages to edge it out. After that ... Trump Card is rapidly working its way up the ranks, followed by One More Trigger.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 39: Confrontation

Aftermath 325
All Unaware 330
Bait & Switch 493
Brian & Aisha 386
Confrontation 0 (569)
Danny & Taylor 338
I, Panacea 132
Junior Hero 153
MirrorVerse 253
NSW 186
One More Trigger 431
Really Bad End 240
Recoil 78
Security! 187
Trump Card 509

With Confrontation just tipped into the 500s, it's good for the next one, unless Bait & Switch manages to edge it out. After that ... Trump Card is rapidly working its way up the ranks, followed by One More Trigger.

Still looking good.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 40: Trump Card

GW_Yoda - posting a vote for All Alone won't actually make it come up any faster. The points for that vote will be applied to the story that got the least vote points this time around; that is, MirrorVerse.

Aftermath 395
All Unaware 350
Bait & Switch 500
Brian & Aisha 403
Confrontation 44
Danny & Taylor 360
I, Panacea 195
Junior Hero 172
MirrorVerse 263
NSW 224
One More Trigger 458
Really Bad End 247
Recoil 147
Security! 249
Trump Card 0 (571)

Well, Trump Card managed to edge out Bait & Switch, not to anyone's surprise. After this one, it'll probably be Bait & Switch, unless Brian & Aisha steps up. And then there's One More Trigger, and then maybe Aftermath.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 41: Bait & Switch

Aftermath 471
All Unaware 367
Bait & Switch 0 (512)
Brian & Aisha 425
Confrontation 98
Danny & Taylor 380
I, Panacea 253
Junior Hero 193
MirrorVerse 273
NSW 266
One More Trigger 488
Really Bad End 259
Recoil 224
Security! 302
Trump Card 60

And then there's One More Trigger, and then maybe Aftermath.

Following those two favourites, it looks like Brian & Aisha (the last chapter), and by that time,Recoil or maybe Security! may be in the running again.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 42: Aftermath (last chapter)

Cap'nSmurfy please take note. Your vote was not counted due to this.

Aftermath finishes with this chapter. A secondary vote will be instituted to determine which story will replace it in the voting lineup; see below.

All Unaware 384
Bait & Switch 2
Brian & Aisha 446
Confrontation 144
Danny & Taylor 406
I, Panacea 307
Junior Hero 211
MirrorVerse 284
NSW 308
One More Trigger 525
Really Bad End 266
Recoil 286
Security! 357
Trump Card 125

And then there's One More Trigger, and then maybe Aftermath.

Looks like Aftermath snuck in first, but One More Trigger looks set for second spot.

Following those two favourites, it looks like Brian & Aisha (the last chapter), and by that time,Recoil or maybe Security! may be in the running again.

Looking good.

Secondary Vote:

I have three new stories up for voting on to the list. To this end, please cast a vote for one of the following stories (over and above the five standard votes). Whichever gets the most votes will be emplaced into the voting roster with the next vote count, and may then be voted upon normally.

[X] All Alone
[X[ Nemesis
[X] The Slippery Slope
[X] War Games

Just a simple vote; no vote points need be thrown in (each vote for one of these stories will be counted as a single vote).

This is in addition to the standard vote.

Quick descriptions:
All Alone: Emma is killed in the alley by the ABB, who are in turn slaughtered by Shadow Stalker. Taylor has to deal with the death of her best friend, just a year after she lost her mother.

Nemesis: A Worm story with all original characters; the main character wakes up with amnesia and unexpected (and unwanted) super-powers. He quickly clashes with the forces of law and order, including an arrogant local superhero.

The Slippery Slope: Taylor makes friends at Winslow. They belong to the Empire Eighty-Eight.

War Games: This is a crossover between Worm and Neal Asher's excellent Human Polity series. A bounty hunter, her passenger and a sentient starship arrive in the Wormverse. Hijimks will ensue.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 43: One More Trigger

User errors:
mistfist seemed to think that Aftermath was continuing. I have applied those points to the lowest scoring story for this round, which happens to be Bait & Switch. It thanks you.
thyrfa and JMHthe3rd wrote in Confrontation as Complications. This is not the first time this has happened. Please get it right.
B.B. Rain neglected to add voting points for I, Panacea, so I had to go and look at the vote. I fixed it. This time :p
Also, screwed up vote for War Games. (bracket the wrong way around)
thyrfa inadvertently voted twice. This nullifies the first vote. Pretty sure you didn't want that.

New Story
Now that Aftermath has been completed, another story will be taking its place. The votes were:
All Alone: 14
Nemesis: 4
Slippery Slope: 4
War Games: 14

Which led to a sort of dilemma. I have resolved it by picking the earlier of the two stories; War Games was posted on June 6, as opposed to June 14 for All Alone.

However, a closer examination (and a manual count) has also revealed that there were fifteen votes for War Games, which makes it the democratic choice. Woo.

And so, without further ado, let's welcome War Games to the official story lineup. (And as a bonus, it gets 14 votes to start it off with).

All Unaware 404
Bait & Switch 8
Brian & Aisha 465
Confrontation 203
Danny & Taylor 432
I, Panacea 385
Junior Hero 236
MirrorVerse 299
NSW 348
One More Trigger 0 (553)
Really Bad End 274
Recoil 369
Security! 429
Trump Card 204
War Games 14

Danny & Taylor has hit the 400s, but then, so has Security!, and I, Panacea isn't far behind, and nor is Recoil.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 44: Security!

User errors:
Dr. Mercurious put a vote for 1, Panacea instead of I, Panacea. Please check things like that.
Boomslang forgot to insert hyphens between the names and the numbers. Please format your votes the same as everyone else; it gets a little tiresome to sort things out. Thank you. Also, no need to include blank votes.

All Unaware 421
Bait & Switch 14
Brian & Aisha 479
Confrontation 283
Danny & Taylor 449
I, Panacea 465
Junior Hero 251
MirrorVerse 314
NSW 379
One More Trigger 16
Really Bad End 278
Recoil 468
Security! 0 (512)
Trump Card 310
War Games 50

Yeah, that happened. Security! blasted on past Brian & Aisha like it was standing still.

Danny & Taylor has hit the 400s, but then, so has Security!, and I, Panacea isn't far behind, and nor is Recoil.

I'm looking forward to a photo finish next vote between I, Panacea and Recoil; after the dust settles on that one, we'll probably have Trump Card, Brian & Aisha and Danny & Taylor and All Unaware.

Once Brian & Aisha is out of the way (last chapter, remember), I'll be getting you to vote in a new story.

3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts. QQbot will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 45: Recoil

All Unaware 439
Bait & Switch 25
Brian & Aisha 506
Confrontation 351
Danny & Taylor 470
I, Panacea 532
Junior Hero 266
MirrorVerse 334
NSW 423
One More Trigger 36
Really Bad End 292
Recoil 0 (548)
Security! 52
Trump Card 399
War Games 82

I'm looking forward to a photo finish next vote between I, Panacea and Recoil; after the dust settles on that one, we'll probably have Trump Card, Brian & Aisha and Danny & Taylor and All Unaware.
Photo finish was had, with just sixteen points between them.

Next up will almost certainly be I, Panacea, followed by Trump Card, then Danny & Taylor and Brian & Aisha. After that, the voting will be on for the next story to replace B&A, and maybe NSW and All Unaware will be up by then.

3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts. QQbot will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 46: I, Panacea

Just by the way, MirrorVerse has a capital V in the middle. 1986ctcel and Snake/Eater please take note.

All Unaware 465
Bait & Switch 25 (no votes this round)
Brian & Aisha 528
Confrontation 402
Danny & Taylor 494
I, Panacea 0 (603)
Junior Hero 281
MirrorVerse 354
NSW 460
One More Trigger 62
Really Bad End 305
Recoil 63
Security! 100
Trump Card 474
War Games 116

Next up will almost certainly be I, Panacea, followed by Trump Card, then Danny & Taylor and Brian & Aisha. After that, the voting will be on for the next story to replace B&A, and maybe NSW and All Unaware will be up by then.
I, Panacea it is, and although Brian & Aisha is ahead on points, I suspect that Trump Card will power past both it and Danny & Taylor to win the next vote.

After that ... well, All Unaware is coming up the rankings, as is NSW, and Confrontation just hit the four hundreds.

Interestingly enough, Bait & Switch, which has been lagging, got a big fat zero for votes this time round. I'm wondering if the voters were looking for more NSFW action and feel a bit disappointed.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 47: Trump Card

All Unaware 489
Bait & Switch 35
Brian & Aisha 553
Confrontation 484
Danny & Taylor 523
I, Panacea 67
Junior Hero 296
MirrorVerse 377
NSW 523
One More Trigger 95
Really Bad End 322
Recoil 159
Security! 170
Trump Card 0 (586)
War Games 154

I, Panacea it is, and although Brian & Aisha is ahead on points, I suspect that Trump Card will power past both it and Danny & Taylor to win the next vote.
... which it did, in fine style.

After that ... well, All Unaware is coming up the rankings, as is NSW, and Confrontation just hit the four hundreds.

So I'm picking Brian & Aisha for its last chapter, then NSW, then Danny & Taylor. After that, All Unaware and Confrontation (also on its last chapter) are powering up the stakes.

Following that, or even interrupting the sequence in some way, we might get Recoil.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 48: Brian & Aisha (last chapter)

Story Ending
Brian & Aisha is on its last chapter, and as such, has been removed from the voting. It's been a totally non-serious NSFW piece, utterly without reference to continuity or any real effort toward characterisation, and I've had fun writing it. However, it's also utterly devoid of plot, and so it's reached the end of its run.

New Story
As such, I will be offering new stories for voting into the running. Note that in the case of a tie, the story with the earlier original posting date will win.
See below for details.

All Unaware 504
Bait & Switch 45
Confrontation 571
Danny & Taylor 554
I, Panacea 138
Junior Hero 303
MirrorVerse 392
NSW 565
One More Trigger 132
Really Bad End 332
Recoil 230
Security! 227
Trump Card 76
War Games 183

So I'm picking Brian & Aisha for its last chapter, then NSW, then Danny & Taylor. After that, All Unaware and Confrontation (also on its last chapter) are powering up the stakes.

Following that, or even interrupting the sequence in some way, we might get Recoil.

Looks like Confrontation might be next, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if it made 600 on the next vote.

Secondary Vote:

I have four stories up for voting on to the list. To this end, please cast a vote for one of the following stories (over and above the five standard votes). Whichever gets the most votes will be emplaced into the voting roster with the next vote count, and may then be voted upon normally.

[X] Alea Iacta Est
[X] All Alone
[X] Nemesis
[X] The Slippery Slope

Just a simple vote; no vote points need be thrown in (each vote for one of these stories will be counted as a single vote).

Quick descriptions:
Alea Iacta Est: Taylor triggers with a variation on Dinah's power, and events begin to diverge from canon almost immediately.

All Alone: Emma is killed in the alley by the ABB, who are in turn slaughtered by Shadow Stalker. Taylor has to deal with the death of her best friend, just a year after she lost her mother.

Nemesis: A Worm story with all original characters; the main character wakes up with amnesia and unexpected (and unwanted) super-powers. He quickly clashes with the forces of law and order, including an arrogant local superhero.

The Slippery Slope: Taylor makes friends at Winslow. They belong to the Empire Eighty-Eight.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Secondary vote here (No vote points needed).

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 49: Confrontation (last chapter)

Bb103 – you're welcome.
Bloodshifter – you do realise that Brian & Aisha is finished, right? I'm putting your 2 vote points toward the story that got the lowest vote points this round (ie, Really Bad End). It thanks you.

Secondary Vote Result
Given that Brian & Aisha finished last vote round, I instituted a secondary vote for a new story to enter the lineup.
Nemesis was at the back of the queue, with 3 votes, All Alone and The Slippery Slope next last with 6 and 7 votes respectively, leaving Alea Iacta Est as the winner with 26 votes (which it will get as a 'kicker' for this voting round).
Just incidentally, "Iacta" in Alea Iacta Est starts with an upper case 'i', not a lower case 'L'.
Pyro Hawk , Chojomeka , Feiron , Rentoba , Frosty Wolf , doomlord9 , Prince Charon please take note.

Story Ending
Confrontation will also be ending on this vote round. Thus, it has been taken out of the running (it got 659 vote points).

New Story
To replace it, I will be holding another Secondary Vote. Details below.

Alea Iacta Est 26
All Unaware 526
Bait & Switch 56
Danny & Taylor 582
I, Panacea 227
Junior Hero 315
MirrorVerse 417
NSW 610
One More Trigger 171
Really Bad End 344
Recoil 318
Security! 306
Trump Card 158
War Games 207

Looks like Confrontation might be next, actually. Wouldn't be surprised if it made 600 on the next vote.

Which it did. Also in the 600s is NSW. Following that, in no particular order, are All Unaware and Danny & Taylor in the 500s.

Secondary Vote:

I have three stories up for voting on to the list. To this end, please cast a vote for one of the following stories (over and above the five standard votes). Whichever gets the most votes will be emplaced into the voting roster with the next vote count, and may then be voted upon normally.

[X] All Alone
[X] Nemesis
[X] The Slippery Slope

Quick descriptions:

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

[X] Secondary vote here (No vote points needed).

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 50: NSW

A few notes:
1kal spelt Iacta with an L instead of an i. Please correct this. It makes my job harder :p
moontheir4 and Suzushiro Aoi both voted for Confrontation, despite the fact that it was taken out of the running. The five points from that will be given to the story earning the lowest points this voting round, which happens to be Really Bad End. It thanks you :D

Please check your votes, especially if you are copy pasting each time. If there is an extra space or an omitted space between the name, hyphen and number, this causes the vote counter to register it as a different name. fishbait08 edale Asheram Firedon Chase92 ArbaletShot inky please take note. :)

Secondary Vote Result
Given that Confrontation finished last vote round, I instituted another secondary vote for a new story to enter the lineup.
Nemesis came in last again, with 4 votes. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.
Slippery Slope came in second with 10 votes. Getting closer ...
And for the winner, we have All Alone, with 22 votes. It will be getting this many points as a kicker to start with.

And now on to the main event ...

Alea Iacta Est 98
All Alone 22
All Unaware 544
Bait & Switch 67
Danny & Taylor 596
I, Panacea 318
Junior Hero 327
MirrorVerse 442
NSW 0 (651)
One More Trigger 222
Really Bad End 357
Recoil 403
Security! 378
Trump Card 248
War Games 246

Which it did. Also in the 600s is NSW. Following that, in no particular order, are All Unaware and Danny & Taylor in the 500s.

Danny & Taylor looks like the odds-on favourite for the next round, followed almost certainly by All Unaware. However, after that, Recoil is coming up fast, and our other two traditional big scorers, Trump Card and I, Panacea are also piling on the points. The new dark horse that's just joined, Alea Iacta Est (remember, folks, that's an i not an L), has just slammed on a massive 72 point score for its first voting round. If that isn't a sign of big things to come, I don't know what is. Of course, All Alone has just joined the roundup as well, so we have yet to see how that goes.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 51: Danny & Taylor

Just to note:
Please check your votes, especially if you are copy pasting each time. If there is an extra space or an omitted space between the name, hyphen and number, this causes the vote counter to register it as a different name. GladiusLucix Dr. Mercurious Fishyface please take note. :)

Alea Iacta Est 181
All Alone 54
All Unaware 565
Bait & Switch 81
Danny & Taylor 0 (617)
I, Panacea 395
Junior Hero 335
MirrorVerse 462
NSW 34
One More Trigger 255
Really Bad End 371
Recoil 490
Security! 430
Trump Card 338
War Games 275

Danny & Taylor looks like the odds-on favourite for the next round,
It even made the 600s.

followed almost certainly by All Unaware.
Looks like it.

However, after that, Recoil is coming up fast, and our other two traditional big scorers, Trump Card and I, Panacea are also piling on the points.
Let's not forget MirrorVerse, which is now in the 400s.

The new dark horse that's just joined, Alea Iacta Est (remember, folks, that's an i not an L), has just slammed on a massive 72 point score for its first voting round. If that isn't a sign of big things to come, I don't know what is.
And 83 this time around.

Of course, All Alone has just joined the roundup as well, so we have yet to see how that goes.
Not as popular as Alea Iacta Est, but not bad.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 52: Recoil

Well, that was interesting.

737 vote points; two stories got over a hundred vote points, and one got 99. I'm very impressed.

Alea Iacta Est 280
All Alone 88
All Unaware 580
Bait & Switch 100
Danny & Taylor 16
I, Panacea 483
Junior Hero 344
MirrorVerse 482
NSW 87
One More Trigger 307
Really Bad End 387
Recoil 0 (598)
Security! 500
Trump Card 445
War Games 306

followed almost certainly by All Unaware.

However, after that, Recoil is coming up fast
So fast that it overtook All Unaware, despite being 75 behind on last vote.

and our other two traditional big scorers, Trump Card and I, Panacea are also piling on the points.
High 400s.

The new dark horse that's just joined, Alea Iacta Est (remember, folks, that's an i not an L), has just slammed on a massive 72 point score for its first voting round. If that isn't a sign of big things to come, I don't know what is.
And 83 this time around.
99 this time.

I'm calling All Unaware, then Security!, then Trump Card and I, Panacea in no particular order.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 53: All Unaware

A bit of a low-end turnout, with marginally under 600 vote points, but that's kinda my fault for posting so quickly :p

Anyway, votes is votes, so I'm not complaining.

However, people are starting to get sloppy with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.

So please:
Suzushiro Aoi - put a space between your All Alone vote and the hyphen before the number, if it's not too much trouble.
fishbait08 - do the same with your Security! vote, please.
ioigtam - please add an exclamation mark to your Security! vote, and use capitals on One More Trigger.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 352
All Alone 115
All Unaware 0 (594)
Bait & Switch 119
Danny & Taylor 24
I, Panacea 567
Junior Hero 353
MirrorVerse 498
NSW 123
One More Trigger 345
Really Bad End 395
Recoil 89
Security! 571
Trump Card 528
War Games 328

Well, All Unaware made it in this time, though Security! and I, Panacea were close behind.

and our other two traditional big scorers, Trump Card and I, Panacea are also piling on the points.
Really high 400s.

I'm calling All Unaware, then Security!, then Trump Card and I, Panacea in no particular order.
I don't trust I, Panacea not to sneak in before Security!. Just saying.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 54: I, Panacea

A nice turnout this time around.

However, people are still a little lax with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.

So please:
PandaGrill - please check your One More Trigger vote
WindCall12 - please check your !, Panacea and Recoil votes.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 439
All Alone 147
All Unaware 7
Bait & Switch 138
Danny & Taylor 41
I, Panacea 0 (651)
Junior Hero 358
MirrorVerse 518
NSW 172
One More Trigger 389
Really Bad End 411
Recoil 173
Security! 638
Trump Card 614
War Games 356

I don't trust I, Panacea not to sneak in before Security!. Just saying.
Well, that happened.

I really can't call it between Security! and Trump Card for the next vote; it's just too close. And I would be astonished if one or both didn't hit the 700 range before they're done.

After that ... well, Alea Iacta Est is burning up the charts, Really Bad End has crept into the 400s, and Recoil might be along soon again as well.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 55: Trump Card

A nice turnout this time around.

However, people are still a little lax with their votes. Each time you do this, it makes it harder on me.
Some votes that caught my eye:
All Alone- 3 Suzushiro Aoi
I, Pancea - 1 LostDeviljho
Recoil- 5: LostDeviljho

Please correct these in future?
Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 528
All Alone 175
All Unaware 24
Bait & Switch 155
Danny & Taylor 58
I, Panacea 62
Junior Hero 363
MirrorVerse 538
NSW 226
One More Trigger 440
Really Bad End 430
Recoil 262
Security! 699
Trump Card 0 (710)
War Games 381

I really can't call it between Security! and Trump Card for the next vote; it's just too close. And I would be astonished if one or both didn't hit the 700 range before they're done.
I honestly thought that Security! had it with 699, then Trump Card came in with 710 ... whew. Talk about your photo finishes.

After that ... well, Alea Iacta Est is burning up the charts, Really Bad End has crept into the 400s, and Recoil might be along soon again as well.
Well, Alea Iacta Est will be entering the 600 range next vote, if its current showing is any indication. And given that there's nothing to challenge it, after Security! has had its shot, it'll very likely be next.

After that ... MirrorVerse, then maybe One More Trigger, then probably Recoil.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 56: Security!

User Errors
I, Pancea - 1 LostDeviljho (again)
Security - 4 Bb103 (exclamation mark please?)

Please correct these in future?
Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 608
All Alone 205
All Unaware 55
Bait & Switch 168
Danny & Taylor 73
I, Panacea 125
Junior Hero 371
MirrorVerse 558
NSW 284
One More Trigger 487
Really Bad End 443
Recoil 351
Security! 0 (751)
Trump Card 75
War Games 407

Well, Alea Iacta Est will be entering the 600 range next vote, if its current showing is any indication. And given that there's nothing to challenge it, after Security! has had its shot, it'll very likely be next.
Certainly looks like it.

We shall see.

[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Vote 57: Alea Iacta Est (and All Unaware)

User Errors
Alea lacta Est - 4: Mrouz (i not L please)
Aerialatom - something you're doing with your NSW vote is putting an extra space in there. Not sure what.

Thank you.

New Stories Up For Voting
I have decided to throw my remaining stories into the vote.
At the same time, I will be pulling All Unaware, and finishing it during the next vote period.
That will leave, to my count, 20 stories. All of these will be up for voting; I will add a sixth vote to the count so that people can have a better chance of voting for what they want.

I hope this meets with everyone's approval.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 0 (702)
All Alone 236
Bait & Switch 187
Confrontation II 0
Danny & Taylor 97
Hostage Situation 0
I, Panacea 202
Junior Hero 385
Meet the Heberts 0
MirrorVerse 578
Nemesis 0
NSW 336
One More Trigger 537
Really Bad End 453
Recoil 461
Security! 47
Slippery Slope 0
Trump Card 159
War Games 439
Wyvern 0

Alea Iacta Est has hit the front running remarkably quickly for its relatively recent inclusion; it's also been just the third story to break 700 vote points.

Recoil seems to be coming along strongly.

1) UP TO five six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth five six points, second is worth four five, and so on.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 58: MirrorVerse

User Errors
With six new stories in the voting round, and one removed, it's kind of expected to have a few glitches. Five people, for instance, voted for All Unaware, even though it's not listed any more. Four changed their votes. One didn't. And, of course, other things happened. So here they are.

ArbaletShot had some sort of glitch happen where a space crept into the vote for Alea Iacta Est. Not sure how that happened.
All Unaware - 5: Snake/Eater (not in the lineup any more. The points will go toward the story with the least vote points gained this round, which happens to be Hostage Situation. It thanks you. :))
Danny and Taylor - 2: Seed00 (please use an ampersand [&] rather than 'and'. It helps with the tally).
NSWI - 1: Chojomeka (not even sure how this happened)

Please correct these in future.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 100
All Alone 277
Bait & Switch 205
Confrontation II 40
Danny & Taylor 116
Hostage Situation 10
I, Panacea 274
Junior Hero 402
Meet the Heberts 61
MirrorVerse 0 (600)
NSW 390
Nemesis 16
One More Trigger 580
Really Bad End 467
Recoil 565
Security! 101
Slippery Slope 25
Trump Card 258
War Games 478
Wyvern 139

Well, that was interesting. First run of the new lineup; with the 6-point vote added in, we got 987 vote points. Would not surprise me if we have stories tipping a thousand vote points at some time or another.

Wyvern got the most votes of all, followed by Recoil, Alea Iacta Est and Trump Card. The next most popular new fic seemed to be Meet the Heberts, interestingly enough.

As for what's coming next, I would tip Recoil over One More Trigger, both of which are liable to tip 600 next vote. After that ... well, War Games is likely to tip 500 next vote, so it will likely come in after both of those are done.

Following that, we shall see what we shall see.

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth six points, second is worth five, and so on.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 59: Recoil

And let me issue a huge welcome to our first-time voters.

User Errors
With people fresh to this particular voting process, and the upheaval we had recently in stories, it's understandable that glitches will creep in. Unfortunately, these do slow down the tallying process.

Trump Card!- 3: Bluesnowman - This story does not have an exclamation mark attached, thanks.
Hostage Situation - 6: Bluesnowman - somehow, there's a space creeping in there. Could you please re-type this when you vote next?
Wyvern- 5: Bluesnowman ... and you need a space here, please.
Alea Iacta Est -3: gustyeagle - needs another space, please
Alea Iacta Est 1: vyor - needs a hyphen, please
Alea lacta Est - 4: Ant-Man - Iacta is an upper case i, not a lower case L, please
All Unaware - 1: Coshiua - This story has ended. I'm going to assume you meant All Alone. It thanks you.
All Unaware - 2: Mrouz - As with Coshiua, I'm going to assume you meant All Alone. It thanks you.
Hostage Situation- 1: Navrin - need another space there, dude.
Meet The Heberts - 5: AntonioCC - vote counter registers 'The' as different from 'the'. Please don't capitalise the 'the'.
MirrorVerse -3: skychan - Yup, missing space. :)
Trump Card- 6: Sinner_sb kokuenDG - Please put a space in before the hyphen. Thank you.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 250
All Alone 314
Bait & Switch 222
Confrontation II 83
Danny & Taylor 143
Hostage Situation 71
I, Panacea 368
Junior Hero 424
Meet the Heberts 136
MirrorVerse 23
NSW 439
Nemesis 35
One More Trigger 648
Really Bad End 485
Recoil 0 (684)
Security! 173
Slippery Slope 62
Trump Card 394
War Games 509
Wyvern 332

Well, that was interesting. First run of the new lineup; with the 6-point vote added in, we got 987 vote points. Would not surprise me if we have stories tipping a thousand vote points at some time or another.
With the new influx of voters, the vote points shot up to well over 1200 this time. I can see that happening, easily.

Wyvern got the most votes of all, followed by Recoil, Alea Iacta Est and Trump Card. The next most popular new fic seemed to be Meet the Heberts, interestingly enough.
This time round it was Wyvern, then Alea Iacta Est, then Trump Card, then Recoil. Wyvern got nearly 200 vote points, followed by Alea Iacta Est with 150.

As for what's coming next, I would tip Recoil over One More Trigger, both of which are liable to tip 600 next vote. After that ... well, War Games is likely to tip 500 next vote, so it will likely come in after both of those are done.
Recoil came in pretty well. Still looking good.

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
Vote 60: One More Trigger

User Errors
Thankfully, these are getting much fewer and farther between.

Alea lacta Est - 1: Fishyface - Iacta is spelled with an upper case i, not a lower case L, thanks.
MirrorVerse -1: Ragnarok - please insert the space after the hyphen.
Mirrorverse - 2: Lord Ultimus - the V in MirrorVerse is capitalised, thanks.

Thank you.

On to the main event.

Alea Iacta Est 389
All Alone 371
Bait & Switch 241
Confrontation II 124
Danny & Taylor 160
Hostage Situation 128
I, Panacea 451
Junior Hero 440
Meet the Heberts 200
MirrorVerse 49
NSW 478
Nemesis 63
One More Trigger 0 (718)
Really Bad End 498
Recoil 101
Security! 240
Slippery Slope 103
Trump Card 511
War Games 545
Wyvern 522

After that ... well, War Games is likely to tip 500 next vote, so it will likely come in after both of those are done.

I'm actually going to tip Wyvern, then Trump Card, then I, Panacea, then maybe War Games.

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Back