• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] Meet the Heberts - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[X] All Alone - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 5
[X] I, Panacea - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Nemesis - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1

There we go. I think I got all the requests correctly now:D

[X] War Games - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] MirrorVerse - 4
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] Confrontation II - 1

[] Trump Card
[] Meet the Heberts
[] Recoil
[] Security!

Well, finally got around to listing all the stories I wish to read... this'll make it easier to remember which story I'm changing my votes to each time... XD Hope this doesn't break anything Ack...

[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] One More Trigger - 3
[X] Security! - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

[X] Nemesis - 6
[X] Junior Hero - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Wyvern - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] War Games - 6
[X] All Alone - 5
[X] Junior Hero - 4
[X] Security! - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Well, finally got around to listing all the stories I wish to read... this'll make it easier to remember which story I'm changing my votes to each time... XD Hope this doesn't break anything Ack...
As long as you don't put the X's on the blank votes, you should be fine, the vote tallying software should view it the same as normal text (aka ignore it).

As long as you don't put the X's on the blank votes, you should be fine, the vote tallying software should view it the same as normal text (aka ignore it).
That or it may somehow count them as a different vote. We'll see how well it works when Ack next totals things up.

Spotted another problem, though: you haven't put any points in Meet the Heberts. :p

I'd like to remind everyone voting for Alea Iacta Est that they are essentially wasting their votes, as it's a shoe in to win this round and be reset already. :p

No, no, that's not how you spell Meet the Heberts at all! You seriously need to get your autocorrect checked. :p
I'd like to remind everyone voting for Alea Iacta Est that they are essentially wasting their votes, as it's a shoe in to win this round and be reset already. :p
It's not completely a waste. I, Panacea is a little ahead in terms of current votes, and only a little behind in terms of average votes per round. AIE is only projected to win by a 24-vote margin -- enough that a few people moving it to the bottom of their voting ranks could potentially let I, Panacea beat it this round.

Mind you, AIE would almost certainly win the next round after that -- the only other close competitor is War Games, and it's well behind -- but it would still be getting pushed back.

All Alone or Meet the Heberts? I'm going to go with All Alone.

It's not completely a waste. I, Panacea is a little ahead in terms of current votes, and only a little behind in terms of average votes per round. AIE is only projected to win by a 24-vote margin -- enough that a few people moving it to the bottom of their voting ranks could potentially let I, Panacea beat it this round.
That's why I kept it up top.

enough that a few people moving it to the bottom of their voting ranks could potentially let I, Panacea beat it this round.

Which is, of course, the entire idea. You made a prediction, and I'm trying to be contrary and prove you wrong. :p

Now everyone just ignore this little byplay. Nothing going on behind the curtain, no sir, and certainly no need to waste your vote on Alea Iacta Est this round.

Reactions: Ack
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1
[X] Bait & Switch - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 2
[N] Recoil - 0
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Wyvern - 6

[JK] MirrorVerse - Negative Twelve

Vote 63: I, Panacea
Thanks, as always, for voting.

User Errors
Meet the Hebert - 1: Snake/Eater - needs an 's', thanks.

Please correct these in future.

Thank you.

I notice that there's a downtick in the number of votes and voting points that are coming in. I'm thinking that this is because I'm only taking two days for a turnaround. I'll see how the next chapter I write goes.

On to the main event.

Note that any BBcode at all around the vote will invalidate it. This includes quoting a previous vote, and applying font changes.

Alea Iacta Est 738
All Alone 526
Bait & Switch 301
Confrontation II 227
Danny & Taylor 224
Hostage Situation 262
I, Panacea 0 (741)
Junior Hero 500
Meet the Heberts 376
MirrorVerse 125
NSW 612
Nemesis 157
One More Trigger 163
Really Bad End 543
Recoil 415
Security! 468
Slippery Slope 248
Trump Card 98
War Games 657
Wyvern 280

[If you want to know which of these stories is NSFW, check the first post of the thread..]

Jim Starluck said:
But coming up fast is Alea Iacta Est, making 126 votes a round and a shoe-in to win Vote 63. Then we've got I, Panacea chugging along at 84 votes a round to win Vote 64, and newcomer War Games making a respectable 37 votes a round to finally score its first win in Vote 65.

Well, I, Panacea beat out Alea Iacta Est for Vote 63 (by three points), but AIE looks like a favourite for Vote 64.

After that ... well, we shall see what we shall see.

Anyway, thanks again for voting, and I hope you enjoy reading the stories as much as I enjoy writing them.

For anyone who hasn't voted on this thread before, the voting rules go as follows:

1) UP TO six votes. I will not count anything extra, and a write-in will likely be ignored (if I want to write a different story, I will, but at my own discretion). Suggestions are welcome, but I am under no obligation to carry them out. And just remember, the more stories I am writing, the longer it will take for your favourites to roll back around.
2) First vote is worth six points, second is worth five, and so on.
3) You can't vote twice on the same story. First vote is the only one that counts. QQbot will count the last vote and ignore previous ones.
4) If I say "Voting is CLOSED", then this post comes up, with "Voting is OPEN" at the bottom, then you can vote again.
5) If I say "Voting will continue", it's still the same voting period. Voting has not restarted. You can not vote a second time.

Vote format looks like this:

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] I, Panacea - 5
[X] Security! - 4
[X] Recoil - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Specifically: SQUARE brackets around an X, one space, and please spell at least the first word of the name of the story properly. Number of voting points comes last. Please try to format your vote properly, so as not to confuse the vote counter.

Thank you.

Voting is OPEN.

Last edited:
[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Confrontation II - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Meet the Heberts - 1

[X] Slippery Slope - 6
[X] Wyvern - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4