• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Vote Thread for Ack's Omake Corner

[X] I, Panacea - 6
[X] Recoil - 5
[X] Wyvern - 4
[X] Trump Card - 3
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 2
[X] Hostage Situation - 1

[X] Alea Iacta Est - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] One More Trigger - 4
[X] Nemesis - 3
[X] Recoil - 2
[X] NSW - 1

Edit: fixed formatting issue. Navrin, thanks for the heads up. :D

Last edited:
[X] All Alone - 6
[X] Confrontation II - 5
[X] Trump Card - 4
[X] Wyvern - 3
[X] I, Panacea - 2
[X] Slippery Slope - 1 (Traded for All Alone -1 with thyrfa)

I am definitely working on War Games, but have some I'm HALPING! and Entanglement to read while you're waiting.

Voting will continue.
Hey Ack,
Do any of your stories except Danny & Taylor/Finding the Path have extra chapters/scenes (not asking about omakes, actual canon stuff only) here on QQ?
I prefer SV/Spacebattles, so I usually read your stuff there, but the stories you have marked NSFW I read here.
I apologize for asking if you've already answered it.

Edit: I checked out Ack's Omake Corner link from your sig, which appears to have some of what I was looking for.. if that's everything then never mind me:)

[X] Recoil - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Meet the Heberts - 4
[X] NSW - 3
[X] One More Trigger - 2
[X] All Alone - 1
[_] Danny & Taylor - 0
[!!] It Gets Worse - Baker's Dozen

Hey Ack,
Do any of your stories except Danny & Taylor/Finding the Path have extra chapters/scenes (not asking about omakes, actual canon stuff only) here on QQ?
I prefer SV/Spacebattles, so I usually read your stuff there, but the stories you have marked NSFW I read here.
I apologize for asking if you've already answered it.

Edit: I checked out Ack's Omake Corner link from your sig, which appears to have some of what I was looking for.. if that's everything then never mind me:)
That's basically it, yeah.

Heavily based on my previous vote...

[] I'm Halping - 13
[] The Great Tattletale Caper - 12
[] Entanglement - 11
[] It Gets Worse - 10
[] All Unaware - 9
[] One Bad Day - 8
[] I, Scion - 7
[X] One More Trigger - 6
[X] Trump Card - 5
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Hostage Situation - 2
[X] Really Bad End - 1
[] Confrontation II - 0
[] War Games - 0
[] Wyvern - 0

Not particularly interested in most of the rest, sorry - Recoil and Slippery Slope especially.
(For most of the others I just don't recall what they're about. What were All Alone and Meet the Heberts about again?)
(Also, anyone recalls what was the name of the story about Brian with his sister's power? I'd have definitely put it in the "above 6" section if I could just remember the name properly. EDIT 2: it's All Unaware, thanks Zackarix!)

EDIT: on second thought, the 2 spot is pretty much sitting there uselessly, because Hostage Situation is winning anyway, so I'm willing to trade it for a One More Trigger vote. (Not interested in Recoil, Slippery Slope, and, for obvious reasons, anything with an X in my vote already; will at least consider pretty much everything else, but my non-X options especially.) Quote this paragraph if you want to use this :)

Last edited:
What exactly is the purpose of this? I kind of get the others, in a "I'm trying to signal to the author that I'm interested in these stories and would vote for them if I could," kind of way, but both I, Scion and All Unaware (the story with Imp!Brian) are finished and have no story left to tell.

What exactly is the purpose of this? I kind of get the others, in a "I'm trying to signal to the author that I'm interested in these stories and would vote for them if I could," kind of way, but both I, Scion and All Unaware (the story with Imp!Brian) are finished and have no story left to tell.
Finished, maybe. Have no story in them, hardly (though I can kind of understand that in the case of I, Scion, where the Eden arc made it rather hard to continue).

Thanks, incidentally - edited the post (and added another story, which I wasn't aware of previously).

Reactions: Ack
Finished, maybe. Have no story in them, hardly (though I can kind of understand that in the case of I, Scion, where the Eden arc made it rather hard to continue).
No story that the author is interested in, at any rate, or he wouldn't have declared them complete. And I've seen a few fanfics where the author decided to continue the story beyond their original plans due to interest/popularity. It tended to involve a steep decline in quality. Besides, Ack is already juggling dozens of stories, and the Worm fandom precious few finished fics as it is.

Maybe if you think that there's untapped potential in the concepts you could try writing them yourself? Assuming Ack doesn't mind.

[X] Wyvern - 6
[X] War Games - 5
[X] Hostage Situation - 4
[X] I, Panacea - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Alea Iacta Est - 1

Are we on a new round of voting, then? I didn't want to miss out on voting, even if I kind of want to see updates for all the unfinished stories (having just caught back up on (I think) everything but Entanglement and the Brian+Aisha one,) but I also don't want to vote twice in one run of voting. That'd be unfair.

No story that the author is interested in, at any rate, or he wouldn't have declared them complete. And I've seen a few fanfics where the author decided to continue the story beyond their original plans due to interest/popularity. It tended to involve a steep decline in quality. Besides, Ack is already juggling dozens of stories, and the Worm fandom precious few finished fics as it is.

Maybe if you think that there's untapped potential in the concepts you could try writing them yourself? Assuming Ack doesn't mind.
A steep decline in quality from Ack's typical would still be a good deal better than what I could realistically write myself. (Also, it's hard enough to keep track of canon stuff and your own plot without having to add another author's plot on top.)

That said, I understand that those stories are very unlikely to be continued. Would you prefer me to replace them with obscure one-shots?
Are we on a new round of voting, then? I didn't want to miss out on voting, even if I kind of want to see updates for all the unfinished stories (having just caught back up on (I think) everything but Entanglement and the Brian+Aisha one,) but I also don't want to vote twice in one run of voting. That'd be unfair.
We've been on a new round of voting since September 17th, I believe. So no, it's not the same round of voting that was going on in August, but still the same as last week.
Looking at your posting history, you haven't actually voted since the 17th yet, so yes, in your case, we're on a new round of voting. Vote away.

A steep decline in quality from Ack's typical would still be a good deal better than what I could realistically write myself. (Also, it's hard enough to keep track of canon stuff and your own plot without having to add another author's plot on top.)

That said, I understand that those stories are very unlikely to be continued. Would you prefer me to replace them with obscure one-shots?
Yes, actually. While Unfavourable Outcome works as a oneshot it could also work as chapter one to an epic and fun-filled adventure! :eek::p

I just don't see the point in indicating that you'd like to see a continuation of a complete story with no dangling plot threads. Even you admitted that I, Scion would be hard continue, but for some reason want to see more of it anyway. What about it makes you feel that it's incomplete and there's more story left to tell? And with All Unaware I suppose that I could see a continuation that explores how the stations of canon are changed by Brian having Aisha's power, but that sounds a bit boring by itself. It even sounds a bit boring with sex included.

Just to clarify when I said that both fics had no story left to tell I didn't mean that continuations would be impossible, I meant they function as self-contained narratives with no sequel hooks or loose ends. The idea that every Wormfic has to go on until Gold Morning has lead many stories to wither and die as the author looses interest and/or runs out of ideas.

Yes, actually. While Unfavourable Outcome works as a oneshot it could also work as chapter one to an epic and fun-filled adventure! :eek::p
Is that the one where the S9 "save" Taylor? I was definitely not thinking of that one :eek: probably won't be interested in a continuation unless someone (wouldn't put it beyond Ack) manages to fill it with enough fun to make it a comedy (by which point it's probably going to be a crack fic). I'd expect the continuation, if it ever arrives, to be a more standard "being Wormverse is suffering" fic, however.
In retrospect, I might not have been thinking of actual done oneshots (though those too perhaps if I check the Omake Corner carefully), but of ideas that didn't even make it that far (such as that one chibi-Contessa story).
I just don't see the point in indicating that you'd like to see a continuation of a complete story with no dangling plot threads. Even you admitted that I, Scion would be hard continue, but for some reason want to see more of it anyway. What about it makes you feel that it's incomplete and there's more story left to tell? And with All Unaware I suppose that I could see a continuation that explores how the stations of canon are changed by Brian having Aisha's power, but that sounds a bit boring by itself. It even sounds a bit boring with sex included.
I can't actually recall how did All Unaware end - was it this, or some other, Ack fic (or not an Ack fic at all? I recall it being on AO3) where the author specifically claimed that they had to adjust the canon timeline because in canon the Undersiders would've been too busy? (Would the Undersiders even exist with an Imp!Brian? I can't recall whether they did in the story.)
I do recall that I found the conclusion unsatisfying and tacked-on. But it could have easily been "the stations of canon are fast approaching, and they would mess with the story too much, so it has to be ended in some way". (As it was, IIRC, the story was pretty much canon-compatible as far as Taylor was concerned. I might be mistaken, however.)

As for I, Scion... it was very short, and didn't really have much happening. That's it, I think. It felt like a parody of overpowered SIs by explaining how they should actually fix everything very quickly (that might have also been what it actually was, which would explain the shortness).
Just to clarify when I said that both fics had no story left to tell I didn't mean that continuations would be impossible, I meant they function as self-contained narratives with no sequel hooks or loose ends. The idea that every Wormfic has to go on until Gold Morning has lead many stories to wither and die as the author looses interest and/or runs out of ideas.
That or tack on an early explanation of why Gold Morning will not happen. (Though many non-Ack fics - and the occasional Ack fic, Trump Card comes to mind - deal with it by being so slow that even the Leviathan fight is very far away.)

Reactions: Ack
Is that the one where the S9 "save" Taylor? I was definitely not thinking of that one :eek: probably won't be interested in a continuation unless someone (wouldn't put it beyond Ack) manages to fill it with enough fun to make it a comedy (by which point it's probably going to be a crack fic). I'd expect the continuation, if it ever arrives, to be a more standard "being Wormverse is suffering" fic, however.
You're no fun at all :p
In retrospect, I might not have been thinking of actual done oneshots (though those too perhaps if I check the Omake Corner carefully), but of ideas that didn't even make it that far (such as that one chibi-Contessa story).
Conflict isn't a oneshot, and it certainly isn't an idea that didn't even make it that far, it's yet another multi-chapter fic that isn't on the voting list. We really need to find Ack's muse and stop it from starting up so many new stories all the time.
I can't actually recall how did All Unaware end - was it this, or some other, Ack fic (or not an Ack fic at all? I recall it being on AO3) where the author specifically claimed that they had to adjust the canon timeline because in canon the Undersiders would've been too busy? (Would the Undersiders even exist with an Imp!Brian? I can't recall whether they did in the story.)
I do recall that I found the conclusion unsatisfying and tacked-on. But it could have easily been "the stations of canon are fast approaching, and they would mess with the story too much, so it has to be ended in some way". (As it was, IIRC, the story was pretty much canon-compatible as far as Taylor was concerned. I might be mistaken, however.)
All Unaware ended with Taylor being cleared of being the rapey-stranger, settling into her relationship with Brian, and a much improved school situation. It's an open enough ending for a sequel to work if Ack gets the inspiration, but all in-story plot threads are tied up and there's nothing that cries out "Continue me!" except for the fact that we know that canon goes on longer.
As for I, Scion... it was very short, and didn't really have much happening. That's it, I think. It felt like a parody of overpowered SIs by explaining how they should actually fix everything very quickly (that might have also been what it actually was, which would explain the shortness).
The summary literally says that it's a silly crack fic, so that's exactly what it is. A serious take on the concept could be interesting, but that's not what I, Scion was ever intended to be.
That or tack on an early explanation of why Gold Morning will not happen. (Though many non-Ack fics - and the occasional Ack fic, Trump Card comes to mind - deal with it by being so slow that even the Leviathan fight is very far away.)
Cyclone actually wrote a fic for this exact situation!
Generic Worm 'Fic Epilogue (Worm)​

And one day, Jack Slash, for shits and giggles, decided to spread despair by talking the world's greatest hero into committing suicide.

THE END

A/N: Any fellow 'fic writers, feel free to copy/paste this into your 'fics, modified as needed, to shut the goddamn whiners up.

(Would the Undersiders even exist with an Imp!Brian? I can't recall whether they did in the story.)
The Undersiders were formed by Tattletale by Coil's order. Brian was picked the be the "leader" after the fact (or perhaps during recruitment). Point is, to eliminate the Undersiders as a thing, you need to remove Lisa from the equation somehow.

The Undersiders were formed by Tattletale by Coil's order. Brian was picked the be the "leader" after the fact (or perhaps during recruitment). Point is, to eliminate the Undersiders as a thing, you need to remove Lisa from the equation somehow.
Her not being recruited by Coil, or being recruited to give him an in with the rogues in BB, would do it.

Why not just vote for the long overdue stories that are long over due

If Ack's stories were his plural wives then Junior Hero is the scrappy one who tries too hard, always so close but never gets touched.

And Really Bad End is abused by neglection.

Last edited:
Her not being recruited by Coil, or being recruited to give him an in with the rogues in BB, would do it.
Oh, there's tons of ways to do it; I was just saying you'd have to use one of them (assuming you're using the "canon -> butterfly -> fanfic" formula).

Personally, I'm waiting for the fic where Lisa never escapes from her parents, something that doesn't end with:

----

"I finally understand how Rex felt, why he did it..." Sara said, as she kicked the chair out from under her feet.

With a sudden jolt, the rope went taut, and Sara knew no more.

----

(I had to stop myself from making that a bit more graphic, and considerably longer, when I realized it might be a trigger to some)

Personally, I'm waiting for the fic where Lisa never escapes from her parents, something that doesn't end with:

----

"I finally understand how Rex felt, why he did it..." Sara said, as she kicked the chair out from under her feet.

----

(I had to stop myself from making that a bit more graphic, and considerably longer, when I realized it might be a trigger to some)
Ouch! Yeah, I can see that. I can also see Lisa having nightmares that end just like that, and then she wakes up choking or gasping. Possible lead-in to a Taylor/Lisa fic, when she notices that she doesn't have nightmares when Taylor shares her bed one time (for perfectly innocent reasons), and she decides to make it happen more often... or Dinah plays matchmaker for them, by telling her '98.64362546% chance that you won't have the nightmares if you sleep with her.'

Mind if I crosspost the above (including your post, which is why I ask) to the Ideas thread?

Oh, there's tons of ways to do it; I was just saying you'd have to use one of them (assuming you're using the "canon -> butterfly -> fanfic" formula).

----

----

Thank you for shortening that. That's one of mine.

You're no fun at all :p
Oh, I'm very much fun, I'm just not sure where to go from this that isn't either crack (which I would like) or grimdark (which I wouldn't), and I expect the latter to be more likely.
Conflict isn't a oneshot, and it certainly isn't an idea that didn't even make it that far, it's yet another multi-chapter fic that isn't on the voting list. We really need to find Ack's muse and stop it from starting up so many new stories all the time.
I wasn't talking about Conflict (where, incidentally, I still hadn't figured out what's going on), I was talking about a completely different one that apparently isn't by Ack at all (I just misunderstood a post that made me think it was).
I did find a really nice multi-chapter fic not on the voting list, but I can't figure out how to refer to that fic in a SFW way, unfortunately. (Is Greg Veder, Conquering Hero multi-chapter already? Then that too.)
All Unaware ended with Taylor being cleared of being the rapey-stranger, settling into her relationship with Brian, and a much improved school situation. It's an open enough ending for a sequel to work if Ack gets the inspiration, but all in-story plot threads are tied up and there's nothing that cries out "Continue me!" except for the fact that we know that canon goes on longer.
Makes sense. And, if I understand the timeline correctly, the Leviathan fight - if it still happens - is just around the corner, so there won't be much of a continuation, anyway.
The summary literally says that it's a silly crack fic, so that's exactly what it is. A serious take on the concept could be interesting, but that's not what I, Scion was ever intended to be.
Makes sense too, unfortunately. Now I'm wondering which of those two I should remove...
This works better as a prologue (or omake intended to be set early in the timeline) than an epilogue, IMHO, but it could fit as an epilogue too if the existence of Scion is important for the story (this most often happens at Endbringer fights - Unnatural Disaster comes to mind - but can also involve regular aside cameos).
(And, it reminded me of an idea suggested recently somewhere that, since Contessa was not able to predict Scion very well, what she actually set the main path for was "path to successful battle with Scion" - which unknowingly to her involved a lot of manipulation to force Scion in a position where any kind of battle would happen at all; while, had Contessa not done anything after Eden's death, the default outcome would've been Scion just lazing around and not harming much until dying of old age a few centuries later.)

This works better as a prologue (or omake intended to be set early in the timeline) than an epilogue, IMHO, but it could fit as an epilogue too if the existence of Scion is important for the story (this most often happens at Endbringer fights - Unnatural Disaster comes to mind - but can also involve regular aside cameos).
As the author's note mentions the purpose of Cyclone's fic is to "shut the goddamn whiners up." Because there are a lot of readers who will complain about small-scale Wormverse stories and how the multiverse is ZOMG DOOMED because Gold Morning can no longer happen the way it did in canon.

Ouch! Yeah, I can see that. I can also see Lisa having nightmares that end just like that, and then she wakes up choking or gasping. Possible lead-in to a Taylor/Lisa fic, when she notices that she doesn't have nightmares when Taylor shares her bed one time (for perfectly innocent reasons), and she decides to make it happen more often... or Dinah plays matchmaker for them, by telling her '98.64362546% chance that you won't have the nightmares if you sleep with her.'

Mind if I crosspost the above (including your post, which is why I ask) to the Ideas thread?
Feel free, just send me a link to the post so I can see the reactions to my short. :eek::D

[X] I Panacea - 6

Last edited:
Reactions: Zan
[X] Junior Hero - 6
[X] Nemesis - 5
[X] MirrorVerse - 4
[X] Slippery Slope - 3
[X] Trump Card - 2
[X] Recoil - 1

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back