• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

What are your most hated fanfic tropes

I dislike retcons. Cases when author wrote good story, got dozens of pages of positive feedback, then declared that he does not like it and is going to rewrite everything. Just why? It is not like he would actually rewrite story, usually author rewrites several chapters and abandons it, sometimes he does not do anything after announcement.

Gamer-like systems and LitRPGs are major red flag. Very few of them are good. Most authors forget about the plot and start write about rising of parameters. For every action story contains several lines about skill or stat increasing and how it will change character's parameters on tiny percentage. Eventually it get worse, and author starts to post whole chapters containing nothing but character's parameters at current moment. Apparently, readers should remember that protagonist has not 8999 but exactly 9000 STR, because this is somehow important.

I dislike cases when author inserts in story perversions without any warning or foreshadowing. I am reading story, already read several chapters, story is interesting, well written and has original plot twists and suddenly YAOI MPREG SCAT!!! Or something even worse. And then I realize, that all this chapters that I liked were just overture to introduction of author's disgusting fetishes. Disappointment cannot be conveyed by words.

I dislike xenopatriotism. I mean, cases, when ordinary guy reincarnates or something in the body of aristocrat, mage, elf, vampire, dragon or something, and suddenly starts to demonstratively despise ordinary guys. That may be interesting plot point, but author writes story in such way that it is obvious that character in-story is right in his bigotry. But author, you are ordinary guy, and your readers also are ordinary guys, why do you brown-nose fictional guys so hard? Are they your target audience?

I dislike stories, where author suddenly starts to express his opinion about holywar-inducing themes from politics, religion, economics, history et cetera. There is a tiny problem with such themes, everyone already has opinion about them, and people are not going to change they opinion just because some ficwriter on the internet thinks otherwise. When I see such case, my immediate reaction: "this guy is so wrong, he totally does not understand how real life works, he cannot possibly write anything good". In rare cases, when I completely share opinion with author, I still dislike the situation, because story about fictional actions of fictional people in fictional world is not exactly best place to discuss serious real-life problems.

I dislike classical mary-sues. It is OK to make character overpowered, super beautiful, super rich, super smart, super privileged et cetera. It is OK to make character, who has all those qualities simultaneously. It is not OK when the whole plot is about demonstrating superiority of such character in comparison to canonical characters.

I dislike anti-mary-sues. It is OK to make character weak and to invent obstacles for him. It is not OK when the whole plot is about explaining how fucked character is.

I dislike cases when gods, ROBs or other higher beings act like humans, and not even like the best of us. Do you remember all those stories when some higher being personally meets candidate for reincarnation or transmigration, makes recruiting speech, argues, makes concessions… Why actual higher beings would bargain with ordinary mortal or explain their plans? Can't they just force mortal to do whatever they want? Can't they just brainwash or manipulate mortal into being they obedient servant? Can't they just miraculously find mortal who will do whatever they need without any instructions? Are they actually who they claim they are?

I dislike super long introduction chapters. You know, when author declares that story would be about X, and then posts lo-o-ong wall of text, where X did not happened yet. Because if you write story about adults doing adult stuff you really should start from protagonist's childhood. Isekais are even better, you can start from previous incarnation.

Last edited:
Dear fanfic authors: If a character 'flaw' isn't a meaningful impediment to that character's goals, it's not really a flaw. That means no, if your lead trips and falls into the arms of her vampire love interest, who finds it endearing, you haven't written a flawed character. Have her accidentally toss a plate of garlic-laden pasta into his face, then we'll talk.

Dear fanfic authors: If a character 'flaw' isn't a meaningful impediment to that character's goals, it's not really a flaw. That means no, if your lead trips and falls into the arms of her vampire love interest, who finds it endearing, you haven't written a flawed character. Have her accidentally toss a plate of garlic-laden pasta into his face, then we'll talk.
Are you talking about my fic?

Specifically an HP one. The whole Goblins saying shit like:

"May your enemies choke so hard on a $1 burrito that they got from some rundown tacobell in some town in Michigan with only a population of like 25.7 people that has a cockroach infestation that they end up tripping over their table breaking through the window (of course they got the window seat) falling into the street, causing some car to crash, which all leads up into some Simurgh level of coincidences that a plane carrying $2.5 zigniltrillion dollars some how drops the all that fucking money out of the plane, it then lands into some portal that opened up out of fucking nowhere, and deposits all of that money into your Gringotts account, where we (Gringotts) will then take 87.864346% of that money due to section a1, subsection 98, clause 557, part 33f of your contract (which you got signed up for at birth for breathing in oxygen (everyone knows that all oxygen produced on Earth is Goblin Property™)), that you never got to read because it costs like $87 and it will take up to 2 to 7 months in processing time, and will cost you like $13 an hour for each hour of said processing time, in order to get you a copy, then in accordance with said same portion of the contract, we are legally obligated to take your left kidney, and your first born child, unless their first name is Todd, and your first name is Howard."

Not exactly like that but you get my point.

There was one story however that had it so the goblins were making that shit up to see the reactions on the humans, and that was a good use of it.

Last edited:
Does this even qualify?
But I wanted to leave it somewhere...

Stories that are about powers and not about the characters who carry those powers.

I have this problem mainly with any Tinker fic, but it is usually anywhere, an explanation about the rules and how X works is fine, but spending chapter after chapter simply improving the technology/magic with minimal dialogue between characters, in the end I find it boring.
The amount of reinventing the wheel with the Multi-Clone Shadow Jutsu that I swallowed... For me, a story is its characters and interactions.

Does this even qualify?
But I wanted to leave it somewhere...

Stories that are about powers and not about the characters who carry those powers.

I have this problem mainly with any Tinker fic, but it is usually anywhere, an explanation about the rules and how X works is fine, but spending chapter after chapter simply improving the technology/magic with minimal dialogue between characters, in the end I find it boring.
The amount of reinventing the wheel with the Multi-Clone Shadow Jutsu that I swallowed... For me, a story is its characters and interactions.
The numbers go up effect.
Munchkinism for munchkinism's sake, I would say it's a valid pet peeve, a lot of authors who have nothing of substance to write but still want to write something do that, and sadly it works cause people like "number go up" and I don't mean system style stories specifically obviously.

It's something of a cheat code for story writing and popularity and like any other shortcut it carries its drawbacks, mainly lack of any meaningful plot and a story overtaken by the plot device instead of the plot device serving the story.

Completely agree, I could reread thousands more Naruto self inserts/minor change in character/whatever where the mc uses shadow clones and weights to become op, as long as the character interaction and dialogue are good, power ups are only ever interesting if the people who it happens to, the people that surround them and the world they inhabit is interesting.

I hate that thing where SIs have perfect recall of all the lame ass trivia about whatever new world they find themselves in, allowing them to perfectly manipulate stuff. I'm a huge Gundam nerd but I sure as fuck couldn't tell you the exact plot details of every single show.

The numbers go up effect....
sadly it works cause people like "number go up" and I don't mean system style stories specifically obviously..
More correctly, many like the warm tamagochi-like effect from online games, but are too lazy to play those day and night to get it themselves. %)) A good thing, too - it also allows them to sometimes remember that real life doesn't really work like that. Sometimes not, though. ;(

I hate that thing where SIs have perfect recall of all the lame ass trivia about whatever new world they find themselves in, allowing them to perfectly manipulate stuff. I'm a huge Gundam nerd but I sure as fuck couldn't tell you the exact plot details of every single show.
It is possible. In my youth, we sometimes threw qoutes from books we've read back and forth among friends for a long time. But - it would be much more interesting if a character periodically forgot just the thing that's needed now. Which is also what happens IRL. ;)
The actual problem with "perfectly manipulate stuff" approach which is more common in AH genre - is that it almost always assumes that everybody else is going to continue doing what they did in canon. Which wouldn't be the case with actual living beings, even not particularly intelligent ones. ;)

I originally liked Dark Wolf Shiro type villains, but now I'm honestly bored of them. Let's face it, Shiro is a really good writer, but I'm bored of everything about the villains. Waifu Catalog, Dark Wolf Shiro and other villain protagonists are literally the same and it is impossible to distinguish them.

I really like fanfictions where the MC is the villain, but I'm bored because I don't see the difference between the villains because they all act the same and do the same terrible things.

It's hard to take villains seriously when the attitude about rape is "rape her until she likes it" or mind control. I feel like the whole hentai when there is rape in the chapter. The part where the victim's partner acts like an NTR protagonist is confusing because the characters react like that only in NTR hentai.

SFW villains are just cardboard cutouts who just want more power without a logical motive or reason and in most cases they feel no joy in what they do.

NSFW villains are just horny beasts similar to Hentai Orcs 100% of the time and are the same in everything but appearance and name. I feel that their personalities are the same, is all the motivation for their actions just sex. Everyone acts as if they were just Incels in their past life.

There is no need to talk about their ego. They are the same as Xianxia protagonists and react to any opposition with violence. It is constantly emphasized to us that they don't care what others think of them, but they react to every slightly difficult obstacle or opposition by having narcissistic breakdowns. Purely psychopathic MCs are the rarest type of MC and most protagonists meet the criteria for malignant narcissism.

They claim that they don't care about the opinion of lower beings, but with they actions they constantly seeks the confirmation and worship of "lower beings".

Despite the fact that they are evil, the only crime they commit is rape, slavery and, in minor cases, pedophilia. Where is torture for fun. Where is the genocide?

The MC will not exterminate the Tyranids or the Skaven, but they will enslave them and claim that this is morally superior to extermination by snapping their fingers. One-on-one killing is common, but even though it has the power to destroy planets, it will not destroy planets even for military purposes like fully industrialized planets or planets polluted by Tyranids and The Flood.

In fiction, the motives of villains are only money, sex, power, adoration, hatred, desire for a better world and sadism. But the only motives SI has are power and sex. Most of the evil in history was done because the road to hell was paved with good intentions. Evil SIs do not have good intentions nor are they delusional and in countless cases they have thousands of words where the author justifies them and where they justify themselves instead of admitting their true nature.

Lack of self-awareness is another thing that almost everyone has. Despite having the intelligence of Doctor Doom and Reed Richard togethers they lack the ability to admit to themselves and others that they are evil.

I always hate the saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". that's so stupid. it's not corruption, it's a revelation. power doesn't change you, it shows you who you are at your core, without social restrictions, subtle chains of community. with absolute power, comes absolute freedom, and with absolute freedom, your true self will eventually emerge. some would like to take over everything, some would destroy everything, some would just say "leave me alone", some would like to help everyone (regardless of whether they deserve it) and so on. The saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" really says "there is no such thing as a truly good person".

Regarding the lack of good intentions, Nazis, Communists and Religious Extremists are among the most common groups of villains, but they do not exist in fanfiction. There is only one fic of that kind on QQ where the protagonist is a neo-Nazi in Worm.

I'm honestly surprised that no troll or just out of spite has tried to use characters with controversial opinions just to piss people off.

In the end, I feel like I've seen everything and I have the urge to deliberately write a Wolfstein Nazi self insert out of spite where the MC is sadistic and where he goes around the Multiverse proving what a truly self-aware and sadistic MC can do because it makes me sick when I see the insertion of political themes into everything and oppression by someone else's opinion. There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot.

You had me until Nazi.
Regarding the motive, there is one fanfiction where MC thinks he is the brother of Jesus Christ (Stargate-The-Covenant-Empire) and that is the only fanfiction where SI is a religious extremist. A protagonist who is a communist literally does not exist, although he would like to see it.

I want to create a character who is irredeemably evil and who is aware of it and doesn't care about justifying it to others. I want to create a fanfiction that is a crime against humanity itself and the concept of humanity as a whole because I'm burnt out reading works with the same types of villains and I want to see and create something unseen.

Wow, someone really put it into words my feelings of DWS's works and villain protags in general for NSFW fanfiction. I enjoyed a single fic of DWS's which was a Gamer necromancer in DxD. Which was fairly entertaining, but in the end I reached the end. The rest following the same pattern.

Do you know what I haven't seen a Villain!Protag do? Kill a waifu when that would bring them the desired benefit. Now I know, this is QQ and the horni compels us, but to me, a villain loses credibility if they keep the waifu simply due to being a waifu. Especially if she is a detriment, unneeded risk or outright useless to the to the MC.

Do note that this assumes that the MC has something they are striving for. Not just unga bunga Evil and Sex type MCs. As a general rule, the villain acts and the hero reacts, so having some motives for the MC is generally good for the story. At least I think so.

Hell, 'spare' her if you want, but make it a plot point then. Give her a reason to be there besides the sex. I.e, 'hostage', 'MC redeeming feature/quality(stick to it)', 'scapegoat for later', 'test subject', etc

Wow, someone really put it into words my feelings of DWS's works and villain protags in general for NSFW fanfiction. I enjoyed a single fic of DWS's which was a Gamer necromancer in DxD. Which was fairly entertaining, but in the end I reached the end. The rest following the same pattern.

Do you know what I haven't seen a Villain!Protag do? Kill a waifu when that would bring them the desired benefit. Now I know, this is QQ and the horni compels us, but to me, a villain loses credibility if they keep the waifu simply due to being a waifu. Especially if she is a detriment, unneeded risk or outright useless to the to the MC.

Do note that this assumes that the MC has something they are striving for. Not just unga bunga Evil and Sex type MCs. As a general rule, the villain acts and the hero reacts, so having some motives for the MC is generally good for the story. At least I think so.

Hell, 'spare' her if you want, but make it a plot point then. Give her a reason to be there besides the sex. I.e, 'hostage', 'MC redeeming feature/quality(stick to it)', 'scapegoat for later', 'test subject', etc
A waifu hangs around because she's a waifu. No type of MC is going to kill a beautiful Waif even if she benefits greatly from it.

A harem MC will inevitably end up with every female character in a harem. If there is a female protagonist who is irredeemably evil, she will be convinced to give up her desires in favor of the MC when she first sees him, even if the villain is absolutely despicable like Jadis, Odalie Blight, Cartoon Maleficient.

Nowhere in the story is it stated why 100 Waifus, some particularly vile ones, want to share the MC without violence or manipulation. The question arises as to what everyone sees in MC and the situation is similar to that of Senpai Taro Yamada from Yandere Simulator.

Male characters, on the other hand, don't have that privilege, be they heroes or villains, and die left and right. Despite the OP MC, male heroes lose 90% of their numbers over the course of the story, and male villains are killed for any petty crime or just listed as villains and have no chance to redeem themselves by befriending the MC even if they redeem themselves canonically .

I originally liked Dark Wolf Shiro type villains, but now I'm honestly bored of them. Let's face it, Shiro is a really good writer, but I'm bored of everything about the villains. Waifu Catalog, Dark Wolf Shiro and other villain protagonists are literally the same and it is impossible to distinguish them.

I really like fanfictions where the MC is the villain, but I'm bored because I don't see the difference between the villains because they all act the same and do the same terrible things.

It's hard to take villains seriously when the attitude about rape is "rape her until she likes it" or mind control. I feel like the whole hentai when there is rape in the chapter. The part where the victim's partner acts like an NTR protagonist is confusing because the characters react like that only in NTR hentai.

SFW villains are just cardboard cutouts who just want more power without a logical motive or reason and in most cases they feel no joy in what they do.

NSFW villains are just horny beasts similar to Hentai Orcs 100% of the time and are the same in everything but appearance and name. I feel that their personalities are the same, is all the motivation for their actions just sex. Everyone acts as if they were just Incels in their past life.

There is no need to talk about their ego. They are the same as Xianxia protagonists and react to any opposition with violence. It is constantly emphasized to us that they don't care what others think of them, but they react to every slightly difficult obstacle or opposition by having narcissistic breakdowns. Purely psychopathic MCs are the rarest type of MC and most protagonists meet the criteria for malignant narcissism.

They claim that they don't care about the opinion of lower beings, but with they actions they constantly seeks the confirmation and worship of "lower beings".

Despite the fact that they are evil, the only crime they commit is rape, slavery and, in minor cases, pedophilia. Where is torture for fun. Where is the genocide?

The MC will not exterminate the Tyranids or the Skaven, but they will enslave them and claim that this is morally superior to extermination by snapping their fingers. One-on-one killing is common, but even though it has the power to destroy planets, it will not destroy planets even for military purposes like fully industrialized planets or planets polluted by Tyranids and The Flood.

In fiction, the motives of villains are only money, sex, power, adoration, hatred, desire for a better world and sadism. But the only motives SI has are power and sex. Most of the evil in history was done because the road to hell was paved with good intentions. Evil SIs do not have good intentions nor are they delusional and in countless cases they have thousands of words where the author justifies them and where they justify themselves instead of admitting their true nature.

Lack of self-awareness is another thing that almost everyone has. Despite having the intelligence of Doctor Doom and Reed Richard togethers they lack the ability to admit to themselves and others that they are evil.

I always hate the saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely". that's so stupid. it's not corruption, it's a revelation. power doesn't change you, it shows you who you are at your core, without social restrictions, subtle chains of community. with absolute power, comes absolute freedom, and with absolute freedom, your true self will eventually emerge. some would like to take over everything, some would destroy everything, some would just say "leave me alone", some would like to help everyone (regardless of whether they deserve it) and so on. The saying "absolute power corrupts absolutely" really says "there is no such thing as a truly good person".

Regarding the lack of good intentions, Nazis, Communists and Religious Extremists are among the most common groups of villains, but they do not exist in fanfiction. There is only one fic of that kind on QQ where the protagonist is a neo-Nazi in Worm.

I'm honestly surprised that no troll or just out of spite has tried to use characters with controversial opinions just to piss people off.

In the end, I feel like I've seen everything and I have the urge to deliberately write a Wolfstein Nazi self insert out of spite where the MC is sadistic and where he goes around the Multiverse proving what a truly self-aware and sadistic MC can do because it makes me sick when I see the insertion of political themes into everything and oppression by someone else's opinion. There is a technical term for someone who confuses the opinions of a character in a book with those of the author. That term is idiot.

Fic would probably be banned immediately if you tried to write about the E88, for example, where their way of thinking was argued - as very sensitive real-life issues are involved.

Imagine an argument like this in fic: triggers are suffered by those who are very weakly positioned in society (social victims, victims of discrimination, violence, etc.) / and/or are not that emotionally stable. Therefore, in percentage terms, there will be many more women, migrants, homosexuals/transsexuals, disabled people, etc. with triggers than the "standard population". There are people with triggers - broken people. And unfortunately the saying fits here: "A slave dreams not of freedom, but of his slaves" (c). In the same way, those who are discriminated against with the power they get will begin to discriminate against others, especially those who they believe were to blame for their discrimination. This affects innocent people who are now fair game for these people and their gangs. The horror and hatred towards such capes are developing more and more among the "majority", in the case of USA/BB - white people. And then E88 shows up and offers protection for these people. For example, the ABB in canon seemed to be much more bestial and violent than E88, and thus the Nazis in the fic are seen as "civilized protectors" against hateful and barbaric psychos - suddenly a perspective is shown where E88 simply "fight fire with fire ".

I can imagine the outcry and horror towards the fic. And how quickly this fic and its author would be banned after accusations of being "Nazi". It's just not worth it.

It would look similar with religious extremists (unless you think up Christian extremists for the fic) and with communists - well, most fics already have elements of modern leftism (up to and including the communist spectrum) and most people don't mind it. If you now mean communism like that of the USSR or under Mao - the author must be well aware of the reality in these countries at the time so that it doesn't become a funny cringe through exaggerations/clichés that ignore reality.

That's why there probably won't be any fics about real "evil", since the evil ones usually have a motivational basis. And the description of this motivation would trigger many people. The idiots will be triggered and since most people like to follow like a "herd", there will be a huge shitstorm.

I originally liked Dark Wolf Shiro type villains, but now I'm honestly bored of them. Let's face it, Shiro is a really good writer, but I'm bored of everything about the villains. Waifu Catalog, Dark Wolf Shiro and other villain protagonists are literally the same and it is impossible to distinguish them..
I'd say that the problem is not limited to villains of a particular kind. Most "original" protagonists are literally the same. Extra hilarious when they were based on canon characters which were different from each other. ;)
Re: trollfics, etc. They do exist. But, as Mr Behemoth noted above, ban politics exist, too. ;) If you want to find such fics, you should look at places of either very relaxed politics, or biased in such directions. I suspect that Maoist characters exist in Chinese language, e.g. ;) Some very Left or Right characters certainly exist in Russian. It's possible that Spanish can also provide you with some interesting points of view. Japanese fandoms are, however, useless in this respect.

Last edited:
Fic would probably be banned immediately if you tried to write about the E88, for example, where their way of thinking was argued - as very sensitive real-life issues are involved.

Imagine an argument like this in fic: triggers are suffered by those who are very weakly positioned in society (social victims, victims of discrimination, violence, etc.) / and/or are not that emotionally stable. Therefore, in percentage terms, there will be many more women, migrants, homosexuals/transsexuals, disabled people, etc. with triggers than the "standard population". There are people with triggers - broken people. And unfortunately the saying fits here: "A slave dreams not of freedom, but of his slaves" (c). In the same way, those who are discriminated against with the power they get will begin to discriminate against others, especially those who they believe were to blame for their discrimination. This affects innocent people who are now fair game for these people and their gangs. The horror and hatred towards such capes are developing more and more among the "majority", in the case of USA/BB - white people. And then E88 shows up and offers protection for these people. For example, the ABB in canon seemed to be much more bestial and violent than E88, and thus the Nazis in the fic are seen as "civilized protectors" against hateful and barbaric psychos - suddenly a perspective is shown where E88 simply "fight fire with fire ".

I can imagine the outcry and horror towards the fic. And how quickly this fic and its author would be banned after accusations of being "Nazi". It's just not worth it.

It would look similar with religious extremists (unless you think up Christian extremists for the fic) and with communists - well, most fics already have elements of modern leftism (up to and including the communist spectrum) and most people don't mind it. If you now mean communism like that of the USSR or under Mao - the author must be well aware of the reality in these countries at the time so that it doesn't become a funny cringe through exaggerations/clichés that ignore reality.

That's why there probably won't be any fics about real "evil", since the evil ones usually have a motivational basis. And the description of this motivation would trigger many people. The idiots will be triggered and since most people like to follow like a "herd", there will be a huge shitstorm.
There are actually no forum rules governing what can and cannot be written in SFW and NSFW fanfiction. A modern neo-Nazi self insert would probably be banned for violating the rules that prohibit current politics and political discussion. The original Nazis especially the Wolfstein Nazis are a different kind of thing and don't turn on current politics.

Personally, I'm not sure if my character would be evil enough. If I replace him with a self inserter who is a sadist who only wants to torture and butcher and considers reducing entire planets to the fate of having to scream and have no mouth, would he be worse and more evil. I want to create a protagonist who is an unprecedented evil.

current politics? Nazis arent really a current topic so im not sure it applies here. They are pretty much just recent history. Im German and i dont really see the problem with writing and reading about a Nazi MC, as long as it isnt a new author with a blank page as reputation.

current politics? Nazis arent really a current topic so im not sure it applies here. They are pretty much just recent history. Im German and i dont really see the problem with writing and reading about a Nazi MC, as long as it isnt a new author with a blank page as reputation.
I was referring to the neo-Nazis and new communists who are part of current politics. I said that the original Nazis were not current politics.

Google translator is obviously screwing up the my translations.

True Villain MC Checklist
I do have a draft for that somewhere. MC was a serial killer and joined the E88 because they would cover up most murders. Sure, he has to leave the whites alone, but everyone looks the same when he starts flaying anyway - and it's about the inner values: The screams, the begging for mercy, the despair. During his inititation he turned his victim into a mask - for the sole reason that we wanted the name "Blackface".

Problem is just that there is not much where you can take it from there. Sure, collecting the faces of the heroes - and even the Wards for extra trolling. And maybe eventually wearing Eden's face and setting Scion's rampage off a year early. But it does not make a good story. And I did not want him to be a cape, just a very skilled normal.

I do have a draft for that somewhere. MC was a serial killer and joined the E88 because they would cover up most murders. Sure, he has to leave the whites alone, but everyone looks the same when he starts flaying anyway - and it's about the inner values: The screams, the begging for mercy, the despair. During his inititation he turned his victim into a mask - for the sole reason that we wanted the name "Blackface".

Problem is just that there is not much where you can take it from there. Sure, collecting the faces of the heroes - and even the Wards for extra trolling. And maybe eventually wearing Eden's face and setting Scion's rampage off a year early. But it does not make a good story. And I did not want him to be a cape, just a very skilled normal.
The only interesting part of that story is the lolworthy name blackface. Otherwise it just sounds edgy mary sue.

I think that an interesting thing is to have a Nazi villain join the E88. They don't have to be Nazi racist though, if people prefer he could just be a fascist autocrat who literally things authoritarianism is the best path forward for humanity surviving in Worm, and maybe that might be true. After all if you have a precrime division to kill people who are about to trigger or do bad stuff the world might be better and more stable. He is evil because he is killing and enslaving those who don't submit to a dictatorship. Hell as a concession you could even make it a crossover so someone like Superman comes into Worm and the Fascist is beaten at the end. It's pretty rare where the main character actually loses though.

i believe Kaiser himself also doesnt really subscribe to the whole Nazi schtick but bc he was born into the family and inherited the leader position he knows how to play along. you dont really need to believe in the cause to make an E88 MC. just casual indifference to anyone else is enough.

Taylor herself could also fit into that. She gets Bullied by a Black Girl, her School is full of ABB and E88 Gangbangers, shes poor and doesnt have good grades (anymore, thanks Emma) so no real prospects in life. shes a girl that COULD be napped by the ABB to work in their Brothels, and she distrusts the existing system. Wouldnt make for a huge leap of logic if she wants protection from the only gang in town that would accept her. And Nazi ideology emphasizes the group and "standing together" so a vulnerable target like her would get swepped up in the rush of comradeship.

i believe Kaiser himself also doesnt really subscribe ...

Taylor herself could also fit into that...
The first: yes. The 2nd: such a fic exists. Or at least it did some years back. I didn't finish it because the author made several glaring mistakes on how gangs work and moved action to New York where Taylor with another character started to conquer the city... %) I tried to remind him how ficking large the thing is...

. MC was a serial killer and joined the E88 because they would cover up most murders. ... And I did not want him to be a cape, just a very skilled normal.
If he wouldn't be a cape, Kaiser would kill him himself the first day as his value for the organisation would be zero and the heat he'd bring completely unnecessary. %) So yeah, no story. ;)

I'd say that the problem is not limited to villains of a particular kind. Most "original" protagonists are literally the same. Extra hilarious when they were based on canon characters which were different from each other. ;)
Re: trollfics, etc. They do exist. But, as Mr Behemoth noted above, ban politics exist, too. ;) If you want to find such fics, you should look at places of either very relaxed politics, or biased in such directions. I suspect that Maoist characters exist in Chinese language, e.g. ;) Some very Left or Right characters certainly exist in Russian. It's possible that Spanish can also provide you with some interesting points of view. Japanese fandoms are, however, useless in this respect.

I actually found a fanfic with a young fascist in Russian, thanks for the tip. Even if he doesn't quite correspond to the "completely evil nature".

I actually found a fanfic with a young fascist in Russian, thanks for the tip. Even if he doesn't quite correspond to the "completely evil nature".
Yeah, there are some. I also remember at least one with a transhumanist villain who got insert into Good Girl Riley. Was a promising start but the guy never finished his works. By the end he got almost 20 various fics, all in various stages of "promising start"... ;)
Another Russian fic with a transhumanist villain was by Grey Area, where the guy got frozen in 23 century or so, then accidentally discovered in postap future... which happened to be Narutoverse. ;) The guy started working with Orochi almost immediately, with results which were often interesting (such as when they try and remake Orion spaceship) and sometimes hilarious (such as "sharingan factory" or the case when they had Da Fox stolen from them). That one at least had 1st tome finished, but that was also the time they started to actually explore what happened to Earth and what's outside elemental coutries in this universe... ;(
There is also the series by Avada with an interesting villain protagonist which is currently translated into English (They were looking and his was found iirc). Have to note, though, that the translators are unfortunately not always able to bring through all jokes in the original.
If someone knows of good fics in Chinese, etc., I also hope they'll tell here. ;) Or is it better to move such to another thread?
PS. Returning to the original topic I should note that one thing which is not restricted to fics (and which I partly touched above) is a transition from relatively realistic portrayal to just a few anime-styled "masks". Reminds me now of comedy dell arte of medieval times... Interactions between those are, of course, also quite restricted. :( Pantalone is always beaten, Pierrot is always sad, etc. ;)
And unrelated to this, but also providing for same-ish characters is an inability of most authors to build characters who are not modern-day First world middle class. The problem which was actually noted by M. Moorcock in 1986 or so (Wizardry and Wild Romance) though it was not so pervasive at that time.
Huf. Hope I didn't forget anything important. ;)

My other most dislike fanfic trope is that when it comes to SI raging it feels artificial and forced like the story wants me to feel but it comes to me as wooden. I like in the kitsune in DXD killing the politician because they happen to be human trafficker was sudden and came out left field for me. I don't mind if done right but, most fanfic author just don't it for me.

Mmmmhhh...

Ah yes, the thing which I dearly detest:

"I am a very sneaky SI, I must hide everything that is special (or just write that my parents are mongoloids that can't even tell that, no, a month old child shouldn't be this smart[Either way, even if they do notice, they'll never act on it so it's fineee]) about me. I have done so for years now-"

>Big booba girl walks by.

"OMG hi! Did you know that I'm from another world and also know the future because this world was just fictional back in mine? Well you do know! Even if we just met it's clear that you are to be my supportive love interest so it's fine to divulge every.single.bit of information to you. Oh, btw don't have an existential crisis that doesn't last more than two lines of dialogue and certainly don't change your view of me! That'd be silly now wouldn't it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back