1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish upon the Stars (Original Superhero cultivation sci fi litrpg)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Malcolm Tent, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Cjetus

Cjetus Making the rounds.

10 Billion people on an unimportant planets capital. If you get powerful with fame I guess it makes sense that the powerful care about people.

This is why your story has much better worldbuilding than a classic cultivation story. It's unbelievable gajillion year old masters not destroying the world multiple times like they do after the story starts.

icesonic, TRm, John Maverick and 4 others like this.
  2. Malcolm Tent

Malcolm Tent Monkey with a typewriter.

Oh yeah, they don't do that. In fact, ninety percent of the planets in the universe that are inhabited were seeded by the faction whose territory they're in. Once you start getting up in power levels you need a LOT more renown to gain stats, so terraforming is a huge thing for the major forces. More planets means more space for people to spread out and have more kids which means more stats to harvest.

3. Xbure

Xbure .

I just realised that someone famous could ask for a wish and pay him with exposure and have it actually be a good deal.

Needybaby, icesonic, TRm and 8 others like this.
  4. Malcolm Tent

Theoretically, but honestly being paid directly in stats is pretty much the same thing, if not better because he gets stronger without drawing attention too fast. It's an interesting concept for later though.

5. Nox Iradia

Nox Iradia Know what you're doing yet?

it'd probably have to be a fairly cheap wish though, like maybe food and board lol.

6. UndeadFlowerBoy

UndeadFlowerBoy I trust you know where the happy button is?

damn that's tough, she keeps being pushed she might break.

7. Renrag

Renrag Know what you're doing yet?

Maybe he should wish for a Minor Teaching skill?

dxdragon and Ame like this.
  8. Malcolm Tent

Potentially, but he's going to be a bit gunshy about giving Benny skills for a while, at least using that whole strongest skill possible loophole.

9. Drthwffl

Drthwffl The Lurking Lurker Lurks

I'm looking forward to how inventing could synergise with cooking.

TRm likes this.
  10. triflight

triflight Fly With Elegance

I don't remember if Benny is fat or not but maybe wishes for body changes? Becoming skinny or more attractive would be nice one. Or the classic male wish in the body modification field...

John Maverick likes this.
  11. Ame

Ame Not too sore, are you?

How about wishing Shane had 'x' skill?

12. Malcolm Tent

nah Benny and Shane are both fairly tall guys in good shape. you've been reading too much xianxia lmao not every best friend is fat.

TRm, Blundo and John Maverick like this.
  13. Ame

Ame Not too sore, are you?

14. john764

john764 Know what you're doing yet?

So, is there any particular reason that everyone has blue eyes with a few green? I just early on noticed that everyone that has their eye color described seemed to be blue with green being an exception for the mc, his dad, Benny and his sister.

Xbure likes this.
  15. Malcolm Tent

Blue and green eyes are more striking mostly most of the Ascendant's have them because they're more idealized due to the way cultivation works. The mortals are just a coincidence mostly. That's the Watsonian reason. Doylistically speaking, as someone who actually has brown eyes I tend to find them boring and don't usually include characters with them.

16. john764

Fair. But maybe vary it up some. Like steel gray, icy blue meaning a lighter white blue, golden hazel etc. It is just weird to me for there only seems to be 2 eye colors when there is a whole spectrum to choose from. Especially since even the normal colors can be described to have more depth/vibrancy to them.

But, that is just my opinion.

jjlph18 and insertname099 like this.
  17. Malcolm Tent

Now that I noticed it I might make it a more regional thing, like in other places there are different common eye colors. I'll think it over.

icesonic, dxdragon, TRm and 3 others like this.
  18. john764

Oh joy, we get to go through the glorious experience of the main character kidnapped arc. I hope it's as quick and painless as possible. Not to mention it'll be rather difficult to sell the MC still being alive. Considering the fact that there's not too much reason that he couldn't be killed, without suspicion being cast on the killer, I'm finding it hard to believe that he wouldn't just be killed and anything else is shenanigans. But, I'm willing to see if you can do it in a convincing way.

Also, I don't know what kind of person you are to think that 3:00 p.m. is early for lunch. Unless of course you if by lunch you mean dinner. That always kind of throws me off.

insertname099 and Silvis like this.
  19. Malcolm Tent

Less early for lunch an more early for HER lunch. Idk about you but when I got lunch was always dependent on when I started my shift. I routinely took my lunches at my last job at 7:30 PM.

Silvis likes this.
  20. john764

Figures that it was classic villain behavior that did him in. Though, this was an actually reasonable decision on his part.

Now I'm excited for the prospect of the mc getting credit and cultivation for stopping the heinous serial killer. Hopefully the story is spruced up when made public so he can get the most out of it.

21. High Lord Azal

High Lord Azal Not too sore, are you?

Good old back stab for the win

22. john764

Huh, surprise lesbians outta nowhere. Good thing it came out now before he got cucked. Or whatever you would call such a situation.

But, I guess that was impossible anyway since author made him on the way to friend/sister zoning her apparently.

23. Malcolm Tent

she's bi, she was mildly interested in him but the timing just didn't click. hard to compete with his childhood celebrity crush being right there lol

24. john764

This is true. Being young and impressionable makes it easy to be blind to what is right in front of you. Although, his childhood crush doesn't seem all that unreachable lately. Though that really hinges on his own goals.

Malcolm Tent likes this.
  25. The Markami

The Markami Cogito, ergo sum titillantis

I've just found this story, and binged it. It deserves a lot more love, seriously enjoyed it. The right amount of familiar and new to follow along easily without feeling like you've already read it before. Mixing cultivation tropes with the whole gaining legend and the different stats is really inspired and original (at least, I don't recall seeing anything similar, although I am aware my knowledge about fandoms and settings is lacking when compared to many people here).

Thank you very much for this story, I am really enjoying it. I hope to be able to read a lot more in the future.

Malcolm Tent likes this.
  26. unimaginable232

unimaginable232 Getting sticky.

So what exactly does MC get out of this academy, doesn't really seem like he actually needs anything beyond more time to level up. Though I guess he can't really explain that without sharing what his ability is.

John Maverick and VitaRacoon like this.
  27. Malcolm Tent

It's designed to help people like him level up. The details will be explained later.

John Maverick and insertname099 like this.
  28. Chazz

Chazz Making the rounds.

I was kinda assuming that the capital was on another planet to be honest.

The scale of the organizations described so far seems too large for a single planet.

I guess this is a wuxia type world that is massively oversized, that would normally crush everyone under the ridiculous gravity that would result from such a large planet.

woodzrox and K_Will like this.
  29. Malcolm Tent

The organizations are intergalactic, but the planet itself doesn't necessarily need to be an exo planet. Earth is 196 million square miles, with a circumference of 25,000 miles. Since there's only one capital a dozen or so first rate cities and a smattering of even smaller ones around those I figured that's room for a few thousand miles between the capital and larger cities.

30. Chazz

Chazz Making the rounds.

Fair enough, that make sense.

I got the impression that the capital and other first rate cities were sprawling metropolis covering continents or something in the vein of a hive city due to the populations numbers described.

But it does make sense that a "new" colony planet would have "cities" dispersed across a planet which would put a lot distance between them.