• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Hephestean would probably have words with you if you assimilated her. Mostly words between his hammer and your head. Probably consisting of 'thump' and 'ow'. :D

Not necessarily.

He knows that Anti-Life is dangerous, so he may not necessarily like assimilation as a solution, but if it gets the job done then he may be fine with it.

Well, looks like the cavalry did the job well. Hopefully Diana makes it to where she needs to be before they reach the gate to the Dream. Perhaps this little plan will finally see OL meet Dream face to face

I think that already happened.

Granted, he was merged with the Ophidian.

"I died alone and in exile, killed by my own ship! All of my friends and warriors slain due to my actions! That is the truth!"

Is that Jason? I vaguely remember something about the ship falling on him and thinking "Eh, he deserved it". I know heroes back then were more about being grander than life figures, rather than what we think of as heroes, but he was particularly 'assholerish' later in life and I couldn't feel much sympathy for him.

Anyway, finally the rings are back! And I didn't mention it before, but I'm also glad that the Illustres is thinking about acquiring some more effective Construct Lanterns. An Orange Lantern without those feels wrong, for some reason.

I'm not sure how effective the idea of hitting Akhlys with Hope will be, but maybe Dream will show up as well if he feels she's dangerous enough and assist? Not that I think he would be all that happy with the Illustres essentially risking his realm (and probably all of humanity's consciousness, again) on a gambit.

Is that Jason? I vaguely remember something about the ship falling on him and thinking "Eh, he deserved it". I know heroes back then were more about being grander than life figures, rather than what we think of as heroes, but he was particularly 'assholerish' later in life and I couldn't feel much sympathy for him.

Yeah, that's definitely Jason.

Last time Sandman et al went to the Dream it took them a few hours to get everything done. Can OL hold for that long on only 19% charge?

Starring (part 9)
Two months later
Evening

Bastet's face remains impassive, but with careful look I can see her desires easily enough. A brief careful look, because as a mildly puzzled Neper explained to me, leaving your eye glow on with other goa'uld isn't the done thing.

I.. Honestly? I wonder if the cinematic depiction of Ra was a… Cultural thing. Like, Americans hate the idea of being ruled by a monarch, and so have the villain be an alien monarch as a culturally accepted shorthand for 'this is the bad guy'. When in reality the Americans in the film are the ones who invaded his territory, stole from him and pretended to be him and to have the right to act with his authority. That might get you shot on Earth. And they're the ones who brought the nuke.

"And for this service, you would take Am-heh's world for yourself?"

"No, great lady. Since I am not sworn to you, taking the world would be entirely inappropriate. All I ask for is a modest increase in the quantity of naquada I am permitted to trade with whoever you install."

She nods slowly. Because I was right about her views on ma'at. Bastet isn't happy about Am-heh. Not because of his cruelty in itself, but because amongst goa'uld Am-heh's disorderly conduct is a warning sign. A sign that he's going mad, and is liable to lash out at other goa'uld even when that's a bad strategy. Unpredictable is bad, because you can't plan for it. You don't blame a shark for being a shark, but even sharks will get worried if one of the other sharks starts ramming the aquarium glass. The ability to maintain ma'at is a sign in Bastet's domain that you aren't mad, and he's decided that he doesn't need to.

And he failed to keep up his end of our trade agreement in record time, so now I've got an excuse.

"Am-heh's fleet is strong and his warriors are more afraid of him than any enemy. You do not have the forces to fight him."

And she does, but… It's not that simple. She needs a fleet covering her throneworld, and that's where a lot of the fleet that's controlled by her personally spends its time. She needs to patrol her territory, and send ships to warn uppity underlords not to try anything. She doesn't have a lot of slack, and she can't afford to use that slack for long periods of time. Most of the fleet Bastet commands in confrontation with other System Lords is actually the property of her various underlords, in true feudal style. In a direct fight against all of those underlords she would lose, so she has to take care in disciplining any of them.

"A single dagger may succeed where a thousand swords would fail. And if I fail…" I shrug. "I am not sworn to you. Should I fail, you can simply give Syrania to him, or to someone else."

"You intend to try personally? I had wondered where you had hidden so capable an assassin."

I smile. "I was not just a tithe-gatherer."

She makes a show of considering the issue, but I can see that her mind is made up.

"I agree that it would be convenient if Am-heh were no longer a concern."

I smile, and bow low.

Two hours later
Night

Normally I use a brilliantly glowing energy field when I fly.

But I don't have to. I can just put a small construct under my armour and lift myself. It's not comfortable or fun, but it's a lot easier to descend on an unsuspecting town like this. Am-heh doesn't have ships directly over his palace because he doesn't want to make it easy for them to bombard him, but they're not all that far away. They could move to intercept me, or try shooting from where they are, but their sensors aren't good at detecting things my size. Without a visual indicator, there's nothing to alarm them.

I land in an alley some distance from the palace, close enough that I can reach the palace with a construct and far enough away that it's unlikely to be patrolled.

Goa'uld pass information to their descendants genetically. The precise details are left to the queen who bears them, and I'm fairly convinced that the host brain has a role in decompressing them, but that's where it comes from. Even a monster like Am-heh was born knowing more about science and technology than the greatest scientist on Earth knows now.

I want that.

I sit against the wall, swaddled in a dark cloak to block out the light of the ring and the tiny borer construct that I send into the stone. I scanned the palace during my original visit so I know where he's likely to be. I've got about four hours until sunrise so I really need to be finished in three.

Get boring. Get me my guilt-free technology-piñata, because I am not intelligent enough to uplift a civilisation by myself and the goa'uld don't only because they don't want to.

Come on you little bastard.

Though… Huh. Goa'uld don't need to teach their offspring due to the genetic memory transmission. Maybe..? That's why it never occurs to them that educating humans might be a good idea. It's never been a drive that their species has needed.

Okay, there, in the room. Jaffa outside and automatic defences inside. That's a force field generator but he doesn't leave it on, perhaps because of the power it requires and perhaps because he's worried about suffocating. Keep digging, shifting tiny pieces of stone and wood out of the way without a sound.

And another thing. I need to find out… How much of a host survives in a goa'uld after having its brain used as a buffer for hundreds or thousands of years. Because…

I actually like Neper, who is happy to tutor and advise me and doesn't appear to want anything in return other than someone to talk to about his novel cultivars. Bastet is… As good a monarch as most I know from human history. Her realm is a whole lot more peaceful and law-abiding than even modern Earth, and the technology thing… It's a mixed bag when you consider how many people on Earth don't have access to advanced technology either. But if they're torturing people by locking them in their own bodies permanently… Then I'm going to have to work on that. Clones, maybe? Using condemned criminals doesn't work because becoming the vessel for a god is considered admirable. Perhaps alternate volunteers for year-long stretches?

I don't know. I need more information.

There we are. Am-heh's bed. Now, administer an anaesthetic or work fast? How avaricious is he?

Oh.Really?

Well, darn. Alright then, fast it is. I jab a needle construct directly into the goa'uld Am-heh, piercing his serpentine body and stealing his identity almost immediately. Then I transfer goa'uld and host into the alley next to me.

Am-heh is staring blankly, his host's eyes glowing orange.

"I don't know if you can hear me, or how aware you are, but hang tight. It's nearly over, one way or another."

Two weeks later
Morning

Bastet looks at me a little more suspiciously than she used to.

"Lord Am-heh vanished from his bed two weeks ago."

I nod slowly, feeling quite… Off. Still. "That is convenient."

The way to get knowledge from a construct lantern is to pull them into your ring. I knew that before the mission, which is why I flew Umar and Passenger back to Syrania before trying it. And it turns out that getting hundreds of years of alien memories combined with the genetic memory going back to the dawn of their species' intelligence isn't so healthy for the human brain. I actually had to stick construct Am-heh in my body just to help regulate them.

But it worked. I now have the full goa'uld technological database, or at least as much of it as Am-heh knew about, which includes all of the basic stuff.

She considers me for a moment, then makes a flicking gesture with her right hand. Her staff immediately begin filing out, and her guards move to block the exits in their wake.

"His jaffa have accepted that I removed him for displeasing me, and have also accepted their new mistress. Lady Heset will need to properly establish her control and bring her world up to my standards, but once that is complete then you will have your increased naquada tribute. The delay. Were you injured?"

"Slightly, but it is of no concern."

Her gaze hardens.

"How did you manage it?"

Ah…

"I am aware of your work on Syrania. You have no doubt concluded that I do not care about your lax implementation of Ra's laws relating to technology. But this ability is above merely instructing humans on harnessing steam for mechanical power." Her eyes flare. "Explain this to me now."

"It is..." Lie mode. "The reason for my rebellion. Lord Hike located a device that he believed to belong to certain.. ancient peoples. Since Ra required such things to be disclosed to him, Lord Hike did so, and I was dispatched to convey it." I fan out my hands, cringing. "Naturally, I wished to confirm that the device existed. I opened the container it was being transported in, and…" I shake my head. "The device magnifies the avaricious tendencies in any who look at it. In my case, to the point where it drove me mad. I became entirely unreasonable, with the result that all gods know."

"And you regained your reason because it was destroyed during your fall?"

"No. By being trapped for centuries. By being forced to re-evaluate everything I and all of my ancestors had ever thought or felt about everything. Clarity returned when I truly mastered myself, and with it… A degree of control of the device. I could not destroy a fleet, but I could… Remove a single god. But, please, I have no desire to threaten your domains. I no longer… As the price for regaining my reason, I cannot think like a normal god any longer. My wants are… Different."

"As Ptah's wants were different?" I nod, Ptah's love of machines and disinterest in building his own domain being well known. As is his value to Ra. "Very well. I will indulge you. You may-." She pauses, considering. "Two seasons from now I will be hosting my underlords to discuss matters of concern. You will join them as my guest."

I bow. "Thank you, Lady Bastet. I will be honoured to attend."

Last edited:
The way to get knowledge from a construct lantern is to pull them into your ring. I knew that before the mission, which is why I flew Umar and Passenger back to Syrania before trying it. And it turns out that getting hundreds of years of alien memories combined with the genetic memory going back to the dawn of their species' intelligence isn't so healthy for the human brain. I actually had to stick construct Am-heh in my body just to help regulate them.
I guess we have another Evil Paul now.

Or we will soon enough.

Where does assimilating a Goa'uld and implanting the construct fall in between "I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head." and "I will not turn into a snake. It never helps." on the Evil Overlord List?
The problem is he's got a ring powered by Want. Impulsiveness is a feature.

I was worried when this Paul sympathized for the body-snatching snake who kept a galaxy of people enslaved, impoverished, and uneducated to the point that they were denied the written word, just so he could be worshipped as a god.

Then he downloaded a goa'uld's memory and stuck a goa'uld construct in his own spine.

Two months later
Evening

Bastet's face remains impassive, but with careful look I can see her desires easily enough. A brief careful look, because as a mildly puzzled Neper explained to me, leaving your eye glow on with other goa'uld isn't the done thing.
Giving it's largely an intimidation technique, that can imply you intend to challenge the other for dominance, no doubt. Or if you're already the dominant partner, that you consider them no higher than the thralls they rule... A mortal insult, I wager.

I.. Honestly? I wonder if the cinematic depiction of Ra was a… Cultural thing. Like, Americans hate the idea of being ruled by a monarch, and so have the villain be an alien monarch as a culturally accepted shorthand for 'this is the bad guy'. When in reality the Americans in the film are the ones who invaded his territory, stole from him and pretended to be him and to have the right to act with his authority. That might get you shot on Earth. And they're the ones who brought the nuke.
Not to mention the implied decadence of his mobile palace and his attendants, and the casting of such an androgynous actor. Because in those days, the heroes were manly men, not effeminate dilettantes. :rolleyes: And Evil is lewd, donchaknow?

"And for this service, you would take Am-heh's world for yourself?"

"No, great lady. Since I am not sworn to you, taking the world would be entirely inappropriate. All I ask for is a modest increase in the quantity of naquada I am permitted to trade with whoever you install."
Ah, I see the asshole took something too far and is now on the outs with his allies. But Mammon knows he's not powerful enough to defend two worlds, especially a valuable resource-producer.

She nods slowly. Because I was right about her views on ma'at. Bastet isn't happy about Am-heh. Not because of his cruelty in itself, but because amongst goa'uld Am-heh's disorderly conduct is a warning sign. A sign that he's going mad, and is liable to lash out at other goa'uld even when that's a bad strategy. Unpredictable is bad, because you can't plan for it. You don't blame a shark for being a shark, but even sharks will get worried if one of the other sharks starts ramming the aquarium glass. The ability to maintain ma'at is a sign in Bastet's domain that you aren't mad, and he's decided that he doesn't need to.
So, escalated his atrocities in the name of law and order, eh? Or at least cowing his populace into staying quiet.

And he failed to keep up his end of our trade agreement in record time, so now I've got an excuse.

"Am-heh's fleet is strong and his warriors are more afraid of him than any enemy. You do not have the forces to fight him."
And it says a lot that his concern is more for what he's owed than the people Am-Heh is ruling with a bloody hand.

And she does, but… It's not that simple. She needs a fleet covering her throneworld, and that's where a lot of the fleet that's controlled by her personally spends its time. She needs to patrol her territory, and send ships to warn uppity underlords not to try anything. She doesn't have a lot of slack, and she can't afford to use that slack for long periods of time. Most of the fleet Bastet commands in confrontation with other System Lords is actually the property of her various underlords, in true feudal style. In a direct fight against all of those underlords she would lose, so she has to take care in disciplining any of them.
In other words, she can't send a punitive expedition to chastise and replace the renegade. And not without making others wonder if they could be next on the block.

"A single dagger may succeed where a thousand swords would fail. And if I fail…" I shrug. "I am not sworn to you. Should I fail, you can simply give Syrania to him, or to someone else."

"You intend to try personally? I had wondered where you had hidden so capable an assassin."
And no doubt she'll be watching closely to learn how he'll do it, and whether he'll think of doing it to her next.

I smile. "I was not just a tithe-gatherer."

She makes a show of considering the issue, but I can see that her mind is made up.
I suppose old Mammon would have had license to discipline Goa'uld who could or would not pay their taxes...

"I agree that it would be convenient if Am-heh were no longer a concern."

I smile, and bow low.
Ah, such a polite way to say 'kill his ass, but not in a way it can be traced to either of us.'

Two hours later
Night

Normally I use a brilliantly glowing energy field when I fly.
Yes, something of an issue for Pauls that haven't learned to be crafty or sneaky. Though they often substitute other flight methods instead.

But I don't have to. I can just put a small construct under my armour and lift myself. It's not comfortable or fun, but it's a lot easier to descend on an unsuspecting town like this. Am-heh doesn't have ships directly over his palace because he doesn't want to make it easy for them to bombard him, but they're not all that far away. They could move to intercept me, or try shooting from where they are, but their sensors aren't good at detecting things my size. Without a visual indicator, there's nothing to alarm them.
Let me guess, modified jaffa guard armour, possibly without the big-ass helmet? Or replicaetd human designs.

I land in an alley some distance from the palace, close enough that I can reach the palace with a construct and far enough away that it's unlikely to be patrolled.

Goa'uld pass information to their descendants genetically. The precise details are left to the queen who bares them, and I'm fairly convinced that the host brain has a role in decompressing them, but that's where it comes from. Even a monster like Am-heh was born knowing more about science and technology than the greatest scientist on Earth knows now.
Not that they'd ever feel the need to employ it except to make their own life easier. Because fuck the slaves.

I want that.

I sit against the wall, swaddled in a dark cloak to block out the light of the ring and the tiny borer construct that I send into the stone. I scanned the palace during my original visit so I know where he's likely to be. I've got about four hours until sunrise so I really need to be finished in three.
Ah, he's going to be performing his first assimilation?

Get boring. Get me my guilt-free technology-piñata, because I am not intelligent enough to uplift a civilisation by myself and the goa'uld don't only because they don't want to.

Come on you little bastard.
Heh, an angry sort of desire. Impatient, urgent and close to all-consuming, though, so it's super effective.

Though… Huh. Goa'uld don't need to teach their offspring due to the genetic memory transmission. Maybe..? That's why it never occurs to them that educating humans might be a good idea. It's never been a drive that their species has needed.

Okay, there, in the room. Jaffa outside and automatic defences inside. That's a force field generator but he doesn't leave it on, perhaps because of the power it requires and perhaps because he's worried about suffocating. Keep digging, shifting tiny pieces of stone and wood out of the way without a sound.
Because any shield system that can prevent hostile gas attacks can just as easily prevent breathable air from reaching the wearer, and I doubt the Goa'uld's tech can differentiate that well.

And another thing. I need to find out… How much of a host survives in a goa'uld after having its brain used as a buffer for hundreds or thousands of years. Because…
I would suspect it decreases depending on duration. A few months? Hardly anything. A few years, the host might retain some of the parasite's traits... Centuries? The human mind isn't built to last that long... Not without goa'uld rejuvenation, anyway.

I actually like Neper, who is happy to tutor and advise me and doesn't appear to want anything in return other than someone to talk to about his novel cultivars. Bastet is… As good a monarch as most I know from human history. Her realm is a whole lot more peaceful and law-abiding than even modern Earth, and the technology thing… It's a mixed bag when you consider how many people on Earth don't have access to advanced technology either. But if they're torturing people by locking them in their own bodies permanently… Then I'm going to have to work on that. Clones, maybe? Using condemned criminals doesn't work because becoming the vessel for a god is considered admirable. Perhaps alternate volunteers for year-long stretches?
All things the traditionalist Goa'uld likely consider too much effort to apply for the sake of lesser beings.

I don't know. I need more information.

There we are. Am-heh's bed. Now, administer an aesthetic or work fast? How avaricious is he?
Somehow, I don't think Greed is his main emotion. Fear, pretty good chance. Rage, even more so...

Oh.Really?

Well, darn. Alright then, fast it is. I jab a needle construct directly into the goa'uld Am-heh, piercing his serpentine body and stealing his identity almost immediately. Then I transfer goa'uld and host into the alley next to me.
...Well, that was anti-climactic. I suppose the symbiote doesn't have enough self-image to resist the identity theft process.

Am-heh is staring blankly, his host's eyes glowing orange.

"I don't know if you can hear me, or how aware you are, but hang tight. It's nearly over, one way or another."
I suspect the host would welcome death at this stage...

Two weeks later
Morning

Bastet looks at me a little more suspiciously than she used to.
"I thought it would take you longer than this. You do fast work, Mammon." Well, she wouldn't say it but you can tell she's thinking it.

"Lord Am-heh vanished from his bed two weeks ago."

I nod slowly, feeling quite… Off. Still. "That is convenient."
Ah, memory absorption feedback, eh? Still, having access to their tech database... That's worth the headache.

...Okay, that's worrying, but hopefully because it's a construct, it won't be able to influence him, since it can take no action he does not will it to.

But it worked. I now have the full goa'uld technological database, or at least as much of it as Am-heh knew about, which includes all of the basic stuff.

She considers me for a moment, then makes a flicking gesture with her right hand. Her staff immediately begin filing out, and her guards move to block the exits in their wake.
Hmm. Having a more private chat, eh? Though it shows surprising trust in him, given that he removed Am-Heh by unknown means...

"His jaffa have accepted that I removed him for displeasing me, and have also accepted their new mistress. Lady Heset will need to properly establish her control and bring her world up to my standards, but once that is complete then you will have your increased naquada tribute. The delay. Were you injured?"

"Slightly, but it is of no concern."
Heset, eh? Goddess of food and drink. Appropriate for a planet which supplies others.

Her gaze hardens.

"How did you manage it?"
Ooh... How much to tell her, and how to say it in a way that doesn't set her on guard?

Ah…

"I am aware of your work on Syrania. You have no doubt concluded that I do not care about your lax implementation of Ra's laws relating to technology. But this ability is above merely instructing humans on harnessing steam for mechanical power." Her eyes flare. "Explain this to me now."
Because of course he has spies in his kingdom. Hopefully she isn't aware of his encounter with the Earth explorers.

"It is..." Lie mode. "The reason for my rebellion. Lord Hike located a device that he believed to belong to certain.. ancient peoples. Since Ra required such things to be disclosed to him, Lord Hike did so, and I was dispatched to convey it." I fan out my hands, cringing. "Naturally, I wished to confirm that the device existed. I opened the container it was being transported in, and…" I shake my head. "The device magnifies the avaricious tendencies in any who look at it. In my case, to the point where it drove me mad. I became entirely unreasonable, with the result that all gods know."
Not an inaccurate description of what an Orange Ring does, but couched in language she'd understand. Nice touch suggesting it was an Ancient artefact.

"And you regained your reason because it was destroyed during your fall?"

"No. By being trapped for centuries. By being forced to re-evaluate everything I and all of my ancestors had ever thought or felt about everything. Clarity returned when I truly mastered myself, and with it… A degree of control of the device. I could not destroy a fleet, but I could… Remove a single god. But, please, I have no desire to threaten your domains. I no longer… As the price for regaining my reason, I cannot think like a normal god any longer. My wants are… Different."
Which she may find concerning, depending on where those wants turn.

"As Ptah's wants were different?" I nod, Ptah's love of machines and disinterest in building his own domain being well known. As is his value to Ra. "Very well. I will indulge you. You may-." She pauses, considering. "Two seasons from now I will be hosting my underlords to discuss matters of concern. You will join them as my guest."

I bow. "Thank you, Lady Bastet. I will be honoured to attend."
Well, talk about scoring well on a diplomacy check!

So... Wearing a goa'uld symbiote construct as a memory manager, eh? On the upside, it'll lessen the danger if someone manages to scan his biology, if they find a brain-snake in his body. As long as they don't look too closely. On the downside, who knows what mental effect it will have on him, if any, depending on how much independent action the thing can take.

The precise details are left to the queen who bares them...
The precise details are left to the queen who bears them...

Jason kind of did earn his fate with the dirty/nasty way he got the Golden Fleece and near the end trying to trade in Medea (A sorceress/witch and Cleric of Hecate) for a newer model after ten years, despite her being key to him successfully completing his quest and even killing her brother for him.

Last edited:
Where does assimilating a Goa'uld and implanting the construct fall in between "I will not consume any energy field bigger than my head." and "I will not turn into a snake. It never helps." on the Evil Overlord List?
I will turn the energy field into a snake and consume it. :)

Though… Huh. Goa'uld don't need to teach their offspring due to the genetic memory transmission. Maybe..? That's why it never occurs to them that educating humans might be a good idea

Not really.

If the humans are educated then there's a very high chance that they'll see through all the lies the Goa'uld spread and rebel.

Plus if they're more educated on things like technology then they'll know better ways to hurt the Goa'uld, so that's why the Goa'uld don't want them educated.

And another thing. I need to find out… How much of a host survives in a goa'uld after having its brain used as a buffer for hundreds or thousands of years

Well Apophis's host was still able to think.

Granted, even if they're still there after they're freed a lot of them may want to just die.

I suppose old Mammon would have had license to discipline Goa'uld who could or would not pay their taxes

Though it would depend on how powerful the Goa'uld he was taking was.

If he tried to blow up a minor one then that may be okay, but one of the big ones like Ba'al may just receive threats.

I would suspect it decreases depending on duration. A few months? Hardly anything. A few years, the host might retain some of the parasite's traits... Centuries? The human mind isn't built to last that long... Not without goa'uld rejuvenation, anyway

See my post above about Apophis's host.

They always looked more like lamprey to me.
The precise details are left to the queen who bears them...
Thnak you, corrected.
Well Apophis's host was still able to think.
As far as I remember, he said a few words and didn't move. Granted, his body was badly injured, but I wouldn't take that as proof that they're fine. Baal's host hobbled under his own power, but he was a clone and onliy a few years old.

As I remember it, he said a few words, Daniel recognised the language and concluded that he was talking to the host, then said their version of the last rites. Kendra was mentally fine after getting rid of her goa'uld, but I don't remember how long she had it for.

As I remember it, he said a few words, Daniel recognised the language and concluded that he was talking to the host, then said their version of the last rites. Kendra was mentally fine after getting rid of her goa'uld, but I don't remember how long she had it for.
Someone remind Zoat there was someone on SG1 who had been a Goa'uld host for 20 some years.

And of course every single Tok'ra.

Halfway is rule 28. So, at
My pet monster will be kept in a secure cage from which it cannot escape and into which I could not accidentally stumble.

Though it might be Paul who's the monster.

Goa'uld pass information to their descendants genetically. The precise details are left to the queen who bears them, and I'm fairly convinced that the host brain has a role in decompressing them, but that's where it comes from. Even a monster like Am-heh was born knowing more about science and technology than the greatest scientist on Earth knows now.
So I wonder is Mammon Paul fully deced out in Goa'uld tech?

Like hand devices, shields, Healing devices, naquadah in blood to power those?

He mentioned having armor so did he remodel some jaffa armor to be vaccum secure and be powered?

Do his jaffa bear Mark of Mammon/Orange Light on their foreheads?

I wonder if current OL would do that implant thing…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back