• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Is it possible to in Dark style to either make background darker or text lighter? Not enough contrast for me. Switched to light so far, but I don't like it.

Can we have a delete draft button not buried under two drop down menus? Can we have a button actually clear all text too, erasing lots of text is particularly troublesome on a phone.
Is it possible to make the blue header at the top of the page not follow as I scroll down? I find it incredibly distracting.
Is it possible to make it not blue?

See, what this transition truly highlights is the gradual enshittification of websites.

The New Internet has all the fancy bells and whistles, but the user experience and interaction is objectively inferior to what we had in the good old days when sites were simpler and all these kids were not invading my lawn.

Someone should write an essay about it. :V

Can I no longer filter forums by the date of creation of a new thread? I forgot what exactly the option was called, so apologies if I'm explaining it wrong.

Currently, I see the option in "What's New" to sort by New Threadmark but that just sorts by updates - showing when new chapters to stories are posted. The old layout used to have that option + the ability to see all of the new stories posted to each particular forum. Plus, all of these filters were just one click away.

Am I just looking in the wrong place? If the option has been removed, is there any way to get that back?

Edit: I believe the option was called sort by "Thread Creation Date." Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Last edited:
Can I no longer filter forums by the date of creation of a new thread? I forgot what exactly the option was called, so apologies if I'm explaining it wrong.

Currently, I see the option in "What's New" to sort by New Threadmark but that just sorts by updates - showing when new chapters to stories are posted. The old layout used to have that option + the ability to see all of the new stories posted to each particular forum. Plus, all of these filters were just one click away.

Am I just looking in the wrong place? If the option has been removed, is there any way to get that back?

Edit: I believe the option was called sort by "Thread Creation Date." Anyone remember what I'm talking about?
Sort by first message is what you want.

One of the things I didn't know I missed from the old site on mobile is that, whenever I clicked on a fic, it had

forms> NSFW > The fic

Near the top, I could click on NSFW and it would route me back to new posts

Its just a normal reoute back to NSFW creative writing and it's way smaller

Dunno personally, not a code jockey. Would it have been nice? Sure, but I'm also not too sure what the cost of those features might be and I'm assuming the admins want to trim down the list of bells and whistles to those that most people will use to cut down on up front costs. Running a site of this size isn't cheap and the added features for entirely new architecture even moreso.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense? The second part I mean. The bells and whistles are a not-insignificant part of the reason to use QQ. If the features aren't being re-added thats a pretty big problem. If they are going to be added I wish we had them prepared before we transitioned if only to make it less painful. I can't speak as to the cost but hopefully the admins don't start trimming stuff. As mentioned I understand the necessity for this change but this feels like we could have implemented it later and given it more time to be worked on.

It does have the numbers, but they don't appear consistently unless you do something to refresh them.

It's weird, it has weird behaviour, but it still has the red icon with a number.
Sorry can you define "something to refresh them" I've been trying to prompt it to do so by logging out and in and refreshing the page and haven't seen it do that yet.

Last edited:
So for some reason my birthday has been set to 1 January 1900

I'm not really too sure how to explain it, but mobile feels awful to browse. I feels too zoomed in compared to the old mobile page. I shouldn't have to use the desktop site on my phone just to see more than one comment at a time.

Current issues, personally:

1. New/More Styles Needed
---Grey-on-Grey is borderline unreadable, The text in posts is dark grey and the background on posts is darker grey. THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING THAT NEEDS FIXING ASAP.
---Hyperlinks are basically the same colour as the text, which is abhorrent design practice
---New thing bad
---DarkResponsiveGreen is my baby, and it's been stolen from me, my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
2. Sticky header is godawful
---Hides the bit of a post with 'Threadmark' and previous/index/next threadmark buttons on it, making it annoying
---Just an awful idea overall, and always annoying on every site that forces it, as it permanently removes a section of the screen
---Should either be removed, or be given an option in Preferences to toggle it
3. Object placement at the bottom of pages
---'Users who are viewing this thread' is above the Post Reply box, which shouldn't be happening
---The footer, overall, is just flat out too large, like 4 inches big on my screen with MASSIVE empty spaces, Should remove the line spacing and lower text size on it imo, at the least
---Can't hide the 'similar threads' list

Current positives, personally:
1. :V made the transition, showing it is the greatest emoji objectively
2. The like button having a thumbs up next to it isn't the worst thing imaginable, and easy enough to ignore
3. The site still exists, and the servers didn't explode out of spite, which is pretty nice

Those are the most egregious 'needs fixing ASAP' issues, imo, as a 'generic QQ user that uses Dark Mode' perspective. All the rest are either ones that I don't experience (cellphone stuff, threadmaker issues, etc.), or ones that aren't issues that make the site borderline unusable, like the current text colouring issue.

Did I mention the current text colouring issue? Because there's a text colouring issue.

Note: Check my post in this other thread for a complete set of my CSS updates.

Thread is moving along kinda fast, so I might have missed stuff.

Currently I'm using the Dark theme, but have issues with it. As such, I've started putting together custom CSS to override the theme values.

I had a ton of these styles in XF1, but I'm disabling all that and starting over since the underlying HTML has also changed. So these are styles I actively find useful at the moment.

I'm applying these CSS overrides using the Stylus addon in Firefox. I believe it's also available for Chrome and others.

1) Font color. The dark color theme makes the text too dark, so that it starts blending in with the background. I made this to override the default text color in posts:

Code:
.block--messages .message, .block--messages .block-row, .block-container {
  color: #D6D0D6 !important;
}

It's a lighter grey, not white. Like everything else, adjust to taste.

2) Transparent text. This is a classic one. It makes invisible text visible in a way that is distinctly different than normal text (it forces a background color, which you normally can't do with BBCode formatting), so that I know what it is at a glance.

Code:
span[style*="transparent" i] {
    color: red !important;
    background-color: black;
}

html[stylus-iframe] span[style*="transparent" i] {
    color: red !important;
    background-color: black;
}

3) Line length gets to be too much when the browser gets the full screen width, so I put a cap on how wide the post content can be. This gives a couple inches of extra space on each side when the browser window is maximized.

Code:
.p-body-pageContent {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1170px;
}

4) And sometimes people screw up when posting and reformat everything into an unreadable or annoying font or font size. I just override that back to the basics.

Code:
span[style*="font-family: 'times new roman'"],
span[style*="font-family: 'book antiqua'"],
span[style*="font-family: 'impact'"],
span[style*="font-family: 'Liberation Serif'"] {
    font-family: Calibri, Corbel, sans-serif !important;
}

span[style*="font-size: 8px"],
span[style*="font-size: 10px"],
span[style*="font-size: 12px"],
span[style*="font-size: 15px"]{
    font-size: inherit !important;
    line-height: 1.5 !important;
}

5) Links aren't color-coded in the new theme, and just blend in with the text. I set up a quick bit of coloring for external links. (Internal links are not affected.)

Code:
a.link.link--external:link, a.link.link--external:hover, a.link.link--external:active {
    color: lightblue;
}

a.link.link--external:visited {
    color: purple;
}

6) Better emphasize the border between post text and signature.
Code:
.message-signature {
    border-top: 3px solid #39393b;
}

You can restyle just about anything with some CSS. If anyone wants patches for particular issues, I can help put together some CSS for you.

Last edited:
My ask would be for the alert popup window to be far wider then it currently is, currently it can only show around 2 alerts before having to scroll down. I don't know if such a change is style related or not though.

Last edited:
Sorry can you define "something to refresh them" I've been trying to prompt it to do so by logging out and in and refreshing the page and haven't seen it do that yet.
Refreshing the page, naturally, but also opening the conversations tab or clicking on the profile picture of a poster. That always refreshed the alerts icon back in XF1 and it still works now.

The weird behaviour I mentioned is the icon doesn't always update when the "there are new posts" banner appears.

I am receiving Like notices, but no Alerts or Emails for stories being updated. Anyone else?

Edit: Apparently I'm getting Quote notices too.

Last edited:
Is there a way to see the amount of pages in a thread on mobile without going into the thread?

can we get our styles/themes back? I liked the dark classic look (forgot the name) though I did find a picture of it on google..

images
<<<<< basically this?? ..

Uhh, I found out it's name.. it's called blackend.. ? that style was the best I think..

Filters were at the bottom, now they're at the top right. Choose "First Post" as the sorting option.
I had a ton of these styles in XF1, but I'm disabling all that and starting over since the underlying HTML has also changed.
Yeah, that's why all these people demanding that their favourite theme be brought back will be out of luck - they're incompatible. Unless a new one has been made, they'll have to pick something different (when new themes eventually get added back in).
I am receiving Like notices, but no Alerts or Emails for stories being updated. Anyone else?
My alerts are coming in fine.

Also the constant scrolling any time there's a new post is driving me up the wall page!

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but ignored subforums are gone. I used to have all of Rants on ignore, but it looks like I will need to ignore each thread one by one?

For those complaining about the "sticky" nav-bar, here is a workaround, if you have a working style editor like stylus, greasemonkey, etc... (unlike me whose Firefox 56.0.2 don't let me add or edit them anymore)
Create a script for "https://forum.questionablequesting.com/*" and add this:
CSS:
.p-navSticky {
    position: static !important;
}
This should help until an option is added to the preferences.

And for others that, like me, don't care about "who else is viewing this thread", just add this too:
CSS:
#uaThreadViewContainer{
    display: none !important;
}
Like I said, I can't check anymore on my current PC and, depending on which style editor you use you might need to edit it a little, but the name for the "sticky" class and the "viewer block" id are correct and the "position" and "display" are the parameters that need to be edited (the "!important" being there to overwrite the original style, for those curious about it).

I don't think a simple css editor can get rid of the "similar thread" block (would be easy with js) that I don't care about either.

I may have missed it but how do I pull up all threads an author has made? I can pull up all posts that they made, but where do I go to pull up their threadmarks? Or is that feature currently missing?

Tbh I thought it got raided lmao. Getting used to the new design!

Dunno if it's the right place to ask, but just how lewd could I make the cover for the index thread mark be for NSFW threads?

Something a bit saucy like bunny girls are probably fine, I assume, but what about nudity? Or any pics with explicit sexual acts for that matter? Sorry in advance if someone already answered this btw.

For Emails go to Preferences and allow emails.

I may have missed it but how do I pull up all threads an author has made? I can pull up all posts that they made, but where do I go to pull up their threadmarks? Or is that feature currently missing?
Was brought up before go to their profile and should be next to Conversation.
Edit: wait, I read your post wrong. I think.

Last edited:
If it would be feasible to implement, I would love a border less mode when in reader mode. A removal of the margins on the left and right sides would be blissful for my attention. The blue toolbar not going away when scrolling down is also slightly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back