• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

I've seen most of my issues, though, not sure if anyone mentioned it's suddenly really hard to tell if there is new posts in threads your following, doesn't have the little icon doohickey in front of it like before and the difference in color is not easy for my shitty vision to tell apart

For those on IOS, doing Xenforo Default and smart invert helps a bit, it gives orange highlights, white text and a black background, I'm using it as a holdover till they add the styles back

Uh... I'm having trouble with sharing my status on the site. When I go to my user page, it acts as normal... if normal could duplicate message boxes and screw with me that way, honestly.

UOOOOOOHHHH BRATTY FORUM NEEDS CORRECTION

Anways, from what I see, the major points:

1. Move 'Users who are viewing this thread' box below the reply box
2. ADD MORE STYLES
3. Make sticky header optional, as some like it and some (like myself) absolutely hate it
4. MORE STYLES UOOOOOHHHHH
5. On page loading, the sticky header covers up the threadmarks line, which is a minor, but annoying, quibble
6. STYLES STYLES STYLES
7. Something about mobile users, apparently there's issues but I am a superior PC wielder and thus above such petty failings
8. This one's mostly me, but int he text editor can we make it sothat it doesn't have the '...' more options bit unless there's actually not enough space? atm there's just a vast chunk of empy space because spoilers/etc. are hidden behing the 'more options' button which is +1 click per spoiler added in comparison to the olden times.
9. STYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSS
The ability to view what threads a person has created has been removed from their profile.

Does this mean I can turn on likes notification and have the likes lumped into one notification instead of individuals notifications?

I love white on gray on gray, no really I do I actually hated my old dark blue on black...here's hoping the styles come back soo

edit: I don't post often so figuring out how to post an image was a nightmare don't know why the imgur stuff is there its not on sv and sb when I tested it

Last edited:
When you click on creative writing between threads there's a white line that's pretty invisible and it should be a darker color. It looks really off and all the threads blend together. I really dislike it.

List of free themes for the admins to look through.

These two look pretty good, imo. I really like Shades of Blue.
+1 on the Shades of Grey/Blue themes, they look closer to the v1 style based on the few available screenshots. There's also UI.X 2 & the Dark Version which are free, out of the 'modern' themes I could find that are maintained they seem to look pretty decent, not a huge fan of circle avatars or the main page though.

If someone finds something else nicer looking that's paid, I'd be willing to donate the cost since current options are practically user-hostile.

Aside from themes, the multiple like options feels silly, never really liked it on SV. Also if we could get the SB/SV watch options, that'd be pretty awesome, but I think it's a paid add-on.

Does this mean I can turn on likes notification and have the likes lumped into one notification instead of individuals notifications?

I think so, just untick this.

Screenshot-20240507-234755-Firefox-Nightly.jpg

Oh, by the divines. This new site is so UGLY! Every style is BLEGH!

Also the text editor is annoying. Everything is so cramped, and the dropdown menus are dum.

And the profile pics in the "People You Follow" bit on the front page are too smol.

Last edited:
The name of the Old style was Dark Responsive High Contrast (It REALLY helped my eyes)

+1 to this.

Dark Responsive High Contrast was a gorgeous style and we desperately need it back.

Also, a bunch of stuff is shoved into dropdown menus that really don't need to be, on PC. (Spoilers, font styles, code...)

Last edited:
Gonna be honest, yeah. As it is things aren't great. I get that XF1's no longer updated or supported but I think everyone was expecting it to be more of a 'backend' thing with the only real changes being additional features rather than everything getting jumbled such that no one knows shit about fuck, 80% of the bbcode's borked, and none of the actually good themes exist anymore.

I understand that it'll probably be fixed with time, but uh... maybe you guys should've left this bun in the oven for a bit longer?

Tbh, feels half-baked and something that needed to be in the oven for several more months. Information density is way down, everything is maximally spaced when they don't need to be, everything takes multiple button presses to reach content that used to take one, no themes available, 'upgrading' broke practically everything, the toolbar is way too obtrusive, etc. Also, fairly sure the text has blur, or something to that effect. Not to mention obvious shit like the tiny QQ logo. It feels more like a live preliminary test, rather than an update.

It's a pure downgrade on every level.

Old QQ skin when?
Or someone could just Ninja me. That also works!

Ha! I knew keeping old pages open forever on my browser would pay off some day!!!!

This is a snapshot of how my old browsing experience looked, hopefully it'll help?

Tkk-BZbw-Imgur.png

The name of the Old style was Dark Responsive High Contrast (It REALLY helped my eyes)
Finally got it to work.

Oh no I was an idiot and posted in the wrong thread.

But yeah important thing is encountered a weird error while trying to post a status where it'd make like four word editors at once and also white and blue theme returning when :V

I've got a fic that abuses the abbreviation code thing. It did not previously work on mobile, and I just checked and at minimum I cannot figure out how it's supposed to work on mobile. (Still no cursor to hover)

Is this on y'alls end or mine? Do we know yet?

Honestly, it was kind of... incredibly shortsighted to swap over to XF2 *before* adding new themes. Hopefully they add a few (based on the old ones, and most hopefully my baby DarkResponsive(Green) get added quick, though.

Invis does work, though. Same tag as before.

Hey hey hey, my invisitext revealer addon *also* still works, that's great to know.

Do you mean Dark Responsive Green? (Ignore the browser menu)

Screenshot-20240417-141345-Chrome.jpg

God, I hope they add that Style back in. It's literally "the" QQ style for me. When I think QQ, that's the style I see.

Oh, by the divines. This new site is so UGLY! Every style is BLEGH!

Also the text editor is annoying. Everything is so cramped, and the dropdown menus are dum.

And the profile pics in the "People You Follow" bit on the front page are too smol.

Also this, hard agree on dropdowns being dumb as hell.

The old text editor just had everything out there, but took up two lines, and that was absolutely FINE. I don't NEED spacesaving on the text editor, damn it! Just put all the options out there! Let me see and click without needing to navigate a dropdown menu! I'm on a PC, not a cellphone! I've got the space to spare!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back