• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

So far the only issue I've run into is that the scripting to separate things into tabs doesn't seem to be working anymore. Have the codes/scripts we've to use for them changed?

I dislike that we need to open a drop-down menu by clicking the three dots in the messenger to do things like inserting a spoiler or changing the font. Also seems like the option to add bullet points is gone unless there is a special command that I don't know about.

We also seem to have lost the ability to just direct copypaste images or YouTube links into the messenger with the system automatically converting them.

Can we have some of the old themes? I really liked the dark green one. This one is too monotone dark.

Hope alternatives for the current Dark style come out soon. Its too monochrome grey for my liking.

Moved here from the one thread that I didn't realize wasn't for feedback o_O

Got to thinking about it, is it just me or does anyone else want the laughter reaction back? Sometimes I feel like the "like" response just don't really show how much I enjoyed a post. Some are like-worthy, of course, but every once in a while you get that gem that damn near makes you fall out of your chair laughing at it. I'd like to be able to express that personally. Also there are those ones where it feels like just one "like" isn't enough, because it was just subjectively that good of a post.

Watched threads was accessible from each of the forums. You could go there in 1 click. Now it's hidden behind the Forums menu.

In the watched threads section you used to be able to go to the forum section by clicking it underneath the thread title. Now it inputs a filter into the watched threads instead of going to the forum.

NGL, never would have thought to look under Forums menu for watched threads.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but please add a way to disable the sticky header navbar like SB and SV did. It's a huge eyesore when I'm just trying to read. For that matter, the margins around posts are waaay too big, both on the left side where the username and avatar are and on top of the post. Compare and contrast:

image.png

image.png

For that matter, the margins around posts are waaay too big, both on the left side where the username and avatar are and on top of the post. Compare and contrast:
On the sidebar:

SB and SV both have 140px content and 10px padding on each side. QQ has 140px content and 15px padding on each side. So yes, it's 10px wider than SB/SV.

On the titlebar:

SB and SV inset the content of the titlebar so that it's flush with the top of the user info box. They use the space above the user box/title bar for threadmarks. The inset doesn't actually save any space, but it looks like it does because the avatar is close to the top of the post box, so that likely also has a psychological effect.

They also use less space. QQ has 25px vertical content and 10px padding on both the bottom and the top, plus a 5px top border and 1px bottom border. SB has 16px vertical content and 10px padding on the bottom only, plus a 1px bottom border. SV has 14px vertical content and 3px of padding on the bottom only, plus a 1px bottom border. So total vertical space used is 51px vs 27px vs 18px. Definitely a lot of space that could be saved.

Last edited:
I can't seem to upload images, but on mobile, if you go to page 19, there's no triple dot, the next page is 23. For context, as of now, last page is 23

I can't see any option to add images... I hate it here :(
To your posts, your profile, or a thread of yours?
If it's to your posts, look right between the icon of the two chained links and the smiley face, there's a simple portrait icon that'll drop down a menu with a place to enter a url when you click it.
edit: on the mobile view, the smiley face is hidden in the three verticle dot dropdown menu, the three chain icon is still there.
If it's your profile, click your username on the header bar, it'll drop down another menu and you can just click on the little edit button that is sitting in the middle of where the profile picture will be near the bottom and a pop-up will appear that you can use to select a new image.
For a thread, there's one of the three descending dot icons that you can click on, it has an option that says "edit threadmarks" and you can do pretty much the same process as with the profile picture.

Last edited:
The banner/top bar following scrolling the page needs to go. On small mobile screens it becomes very annoying and in the way when reading by taking up 1/6 of the screen.

I have font size DPI turned up which I need which makes it worse.

Also, this has been said to death, but it feels like I'm in a shittier version of f95. Where is my green and black theme?

Tossing my hat into the new themes pile, some form of alternative Dark mode would be great, my eyes are pretty bad and grey text on grey background is giving me an actual headache trying to read.

If it's to your posts, look right between the icon of the two chained links and the smiley face, there's a simple portrait icon that'll drop down a menu with a place to enter a url when you click it.
First of all, thanks for the help. Second, I meant uploading, or heck, even pasting, an image. I screenshoted and marked the path I wrote but did not manage to post it and I definantly won't go so far as to upload images to somewhere on the internet every time I want to post an image here so I'll have a url.

First of all, thanks for the help. Second, I meant uploading, or heck, even pasting, an image. I screenshoted and marked the path I wrote but did not manage to post it and I definantly won't go so far as to upload images to somewhere on the internet every time I want to post an image here so I'll have a url.
I don't think QQ has ever been able to host images beyond our profile pictures. Everything else has to be pulled from another server as far as I'm aware. A private Discord server that only I could access has been my go-to for that for a while, but apparently there's been issues with that recently.

I really don't like the current appearance in threads. The lack of margins (at least on mobile) is really making the pages feel cluttered. And the borders between posts are insufficient, making each thread page feel conjoined.

And the alerts under the tab. While I do enjoy having a preview of what the alert is. The amount of info there is overloaded and makes the alert annoying to look through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back