• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

Absolutely need a better dark mode theme. The current grey-on-grey is only readable if you turn up the brightness - which defeats most of the *point* of the dark theme. Needs to be an option where the text is *white*.
Alert Emails should go back to including the full contents, though I know that might bd more difficult to implement.
Reader mode as 30 vs 10 is annoying for me mid-story, but not a huge deal. It would however be a lot better if the theme emphasized the threadmark forward and back buttons, the way the old Dark mode did.

Checked out the front page to compare the themes and see if there were differences, got distracted
Why exactly is a forum statistics needed at the right side on the front page, when it already exists in the footer?
Again with the social media sharing

Why not have a basic 2 column (or rows) grid and fill out the blank space in the middle instead of having a long scrollbar for this stuff in the side???

... Am I just going crazy?
I don't think the old page had such huge empty gaps of nothing
On forum statistics: it was always on the right side of the front page - the bloated footer is the new edition.
Enlarge the zoom enough, and it indeed does drop into a grid-pattern. Of course that fucks with the text size, though.

You're right, there wasn't this much blank space on the front page. A lot of that's on the Recent Posts/Profile Posts, which have been severely enlarged. Compare SB & SV, where they compensate for that by condensing the hell out of Members Online and various other sections.
It's still proving impossible to insert a link to a post elsewhere in the same thread. Which kinda sucks for those of us who like to make index posts of their fiction, among other things.
Hm. Testing...
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/threads/xf2-transition-feedback.27085/post-8359703
Link, using the 'Copy to Clipboard' permalink provided by hovering over the Share icon on the post-header.
https://forum.questionablequesting.com/posts/8359703
Link, using the formula I've spent the last near-decade using in my index posts, both on SB and here.

Both seem to work, from where I'm sitting. It's only the old permalinks previously provided by clicking the page# that look broken.

Check something really quick for me, I can't see my own signature: can you see a spoiler in it?
I can't see your signature either. Eaten?

Another thing that might have been brought up but absolutely don't have time to check, but liking things only leads to the thumb icon being "lit up" instead of saying unlike so if I want to relike Fic I'm re-reading to show continued interest it's not easy to tell I've already liked a post. It's definitely a minor issue, but noticeable once you see it.

Both seem to work, from where I'm sitting. It's only the old permalinks previously provided by clicking the page# that look broken.
Neither of those work for me. I hit the share button on a link in my snippets thread, then use that link copied to update one of my index page links, and shit don't happen.

The post in question with all the broken links:

The external to thread ones mostly work, the internal to thread ones just won't update even manually.

(add) ... and now they're starting to update successfully. Intermittently. God, I HATE intermittent faults! Worst kind to troubleshoot!

(add) I think I figured it out. If you try to use the 'update in place' function in the text editor on a broken legacy link, shit don't happen. If you delete the hyperlink and re-insert one from scratch, shit happens.

Last edited:
Can we get a "see discussion" at the bottom of chapters in reader mode, there doesn't seem to be an option to get out of it without having to lose my place and scroll all the way back up to the top of the page

Can we get a "see discussion" at the bottom of chapters in reader mode, there doesn't seem to be an option to get out of it without having to lose my place and scroll all the way back up to the top of the page
Building on this, can we also make it like a dropdown so we don't have to exit reader mode when we want to read the comments for a specific threadmark?

An issue I am having is when I open the alert menu it marks everything as read, which is annoying, since I have to mark everything that I didn't read as unread.

Edit: I might have found an option to fix this.

Screenshot-20240508-114950-Firefox-Nightly.jpg

Last edited:
An issue I am having is when I open the alert menu it marks everything as read, which is annoying, since I have to mark everything that I didn't read as unread.

Edit: I might have found an option to fix this.
Well I have not

image.png

PS: Where's the goddamn spoiler button

I just noticed that their is no more QQ diceroller their used to be a little button in the bottom right corner of our own messages right next to the replay button to roll dice. Plus I tried to go to qq website diceroller to see the BBcode but it just says "Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found."
Im posting this on mobile

Does anybody else have a problem with the new way the like button works? It's a bit more difficult to tell if I've already liked a post when the only difference is the color of the thumb. If it switched to unlike again I think it would be better.

They should make it say "Liked" when it has been liked.

... replying to a thread now automatically makes you watch it
nice default setting (sarcasm btw)

I hate how the default for watching a thread is stuck at "watch and recieve emails" instrad of the previous "watch without receiving Emails".
Same with the auto watch of a thread you posted in.
And I also wish the old darkmode that was Black and White was back.

Was it the default though? because that is just... annoying?

Can't remember if that was default because it was too long ago though

I know that if it existed before, I had it turned off... and now with site transition it was turned on
I'm fairly sure it was the default, yeah
EDIT: double confirmation on stealth edit existing

Did a quick css tweak to make the dark theme slightly more dark, also made threads less wide and centered and moved the user name and stuff on top. It's probably missing a ton of stuff, I only changed what I use the most...

Gist in case anyone wants it.
Just install it using your favorite userstyle manager (e.g. stylus)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back