• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

XF2 transition feedback

So we going for SB/SV style 'you open the alerts queue, stuff gets auto read' or (what I've seen on some other XF2 sites) 'you open the alerts queue, unless you actually check out the thread the stuff retains a dark colour band until you do'?

Last edited:
Is there a way to Adjust the margin/border width or at least not have it stretch like the previous layout. It weird to read in in a ultra wide screen.

Is there a reason they couldn't have implemented the changing the way everything looks? The old look was neat and tidy, this just seems like it was made to look this way for the sake of being new.
The old software was very old and said to be very insecure, so a backend update was required, and they turned out to be sufficiently incompatible that making the frontend look remotely like the old style would take ages if even theoretically possible at all.
So we going for SB/SV style 'you open the alerts queue, stuff gets auto read' or (what I've seen on some other XF2 sites) 'you open the alerts queue, unless you actually check out the thread the stuff retains a dark colour band until you do'?
If that's any consolation stuff got auto read for me when I opened the alert queue on old QQ too... might have been a user setting (in which case I'm really dumb I guess) but I really didn't like it. Made it more convenient to just avoid alerts and do everything via watched threads and likes received.

Is there any way to get rid of the per page limit of threadmarks when viewing all threadmarks? I hated it when it was introduced to SB/SV and i hate it here. I would love to have the infinite scroll back.
You should be able to select the number of threadmarks per page with a dropdown, up to 400.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the infinite scroll back.

You should be able to select the number of threadmarks per page with a dropdown, up to 400.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to get the infinite scroll back.
I can't seem to find that option.

Edit: oh fuck I have to click to a thread marks popup instead of the immediately available thread marks on the page.

Last edited:
I will say, adding in some of the different styles really helped the visuals. Are there any plans to have the "High Contrast" setting with Purple or Green text instead of Blue?

Hrm.

>Settings by notification category: When someone…

That's a setting in Preferences, and I deselected all the auto-reads.

Quote me real quick so I can test it.

I'm not getting notified when a watched story updates. Anyone else having this issue?

The alerts cannot be deleted. Help. Also this style needs a reroll imho.

Last edited:
No @Fitsdreia, it wasn't just you.

Also, found an odd bug. When I signed back in on the main page and then clicked the link for this thread on the banner at the top of the page it brought me here but logged me out. Anyone else have that happen?

I'm currently looking into being able to set style options as user settings, in order to avoid making two dozen styles in every possible combination.

If that seems too onerous, I'll probably make another couple High Contrast variants.
Light vs Dark
Pick your color accent (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, or just offer an RGB selection?)
High contrast Y/N

and then any themes that are completely different (sepia, etc.)

That would be perfect.

Pointed this out before, yeah.

I can see fewer posts per screen. It's ridiculous.

And I use qq mainly on mobile these days.
Yeah I noted that as well. The size of the threads need to be reduced. The previous Xen1 QQ size was the best. I'm a mobile QQ user as well.

Also, alethiophile, the search button being out of bounds that I knocked you for before is fixed now. Which is great.

Last edited:
@alethiophile Don't know if this works a complaint, everything has improved in the time I went to bed last night

But bits of thread are broken all throughout, seems to be to hosting type sites/there definately seems to be corruption of fancylinks- seems to be to Yoyoado or similar

These are a small sample
Running through those, quoting them seems to reveal the root cause as:
3rd quote in plaintext said:
[spoiler=Making Beauty][URL unfurl="true" media="youtube:sbgpF7gb9ds"][MEDIA=youtube]sbgpF7gb9ds[/MEDIA][/URL][/spoiler][URL unfurl="true" media="youtube:sbgpF7gb9ds"]

[i]"Incendio Maxima!'[/i] With the hiss of an angry dragon, a jet of blue-white flame shot out of the tip of Samuel Krabbe's wand. The wizard deftly played it along the top of the clear glass wave that he had been crafting for the last few hours, causing the glass to melt and flow under the intense heat. Then, he did the same to the belly of the cobalt blue leaping dolphin that he had crafted earlier, and levitated the animal into position atop the wave to complete the [URL='https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1a/9a/06/1a9a06418a8223c6719cf8aa7677cc1b.jpg']sculpture[/URL].
....wonky implementation of the unlisted XF2 bbcode function 'URL Unfurl="true"', which retroactively applies to bare links (in unlocked threads iirc) to transform them into clickable boxes (for example, here). More specifically, it's the addition of a media field between the URL Unfurl square-brackets.

After playing around a bit with it, it seems that Media Embeds are broken by adding base URL Unfurl, which is why the media-field is added to it. Seems it's meant to preserve functionality of the View link under the embed (which disappears if it's a Media Embed, but is present & functional if it's a bare link as below:).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbgpF7gb9ds
...only [Unfurl+Media] doesn't provide a viable view-link in conjunction with Media Embed either. "youtube:sbgpF7gb9ds" in the Unfurl+Media field gives a View deadlink to http://sbgpF7gb9ds, while anything else leads to a broken Media bbcode. Meanwhile, using only the [Unfurl+Media] without the Media Embed but with a manually added [/url] results in it still being embedded - just with a blank View link. Like so:
[URL unfurl="true" media="youtube:sbgpF7gb9ds"][/url]

View:

My best guess is that the XF2 switch broke the View links as above for Media Embeds, and the author's prior practice of adding the View link again outside the Spoiler caused the URL Unfurl to seize upon it without auto-adding the [/url] otherwise required. As I'd never visited the thread and saw what it looked like beforehand though, I can't be anywhere near sure about that.

Why is the forums tab at the top of the page always open?

also when ever I press the number 1 on my mouse or keyboard auto brings me to the home page. number 3 and 4 opens the 'what's new' and 'members' tabs.

Ok so feedback on the new changes to the site.

1. Response time has increased dramatically (almost everything things take much longer to load, if it loads at all)
2. Website is finicky in either it is down one minute and working the next (IDK if that's just a me problem or an everyone problem)
3. I don't like the current dark mode appearance, but it is bearable
4. The mobile version is horrendous ngl
5. Logo looks fucked
6. Assuming things get fixed I don't really have much of a problem with the XF2 transition since I know that its not bad if handled well enough

Last edited:
I found a problem in some of the styles, or at least in Blackened high contrast. In that style, when you click and drag over a section of text, it is near impossible to see which letters and words are actually highlighted to be copied, deleted or anything else.

Currently the most annoying issue I've experiencing is that when directly linked to a comment (eg from the alerts menu) the header navbar is covering the top of a comment when I navigate to it on desktop. It ends up hiding the top 20% of the user icon and the x-minutes ago to the post # line. It just looks off. It's likely caused by the Forums menu being always open, and thus needs to be offset or something. I'm using one of the Blackened themes for reference.

Was perfectly fine on mobile when I checked there, now that there's the proper logo instead of two lines of text.

Only other issue I can think of still being a noticable problem is the Alerts menu having very little to immediately differentiate read and unread alerts, beyond the tiny slightly-thicker line seperating the sections. Still, kudos to the mods for getting so much fixed so quickly.

Edit: also would like an actual snippet of what an email alert is about in the body. Rather important. And for some reason this very comment isn't showing up for me on the "your content" page.

Last edited:
I'm sure this will be eventually fixed by the Mods but my real only complaint is that I'd like the Alert emails to show/be a copy of the post they're tied to like they were in the previous version. It was convenient not having to constantly check if the newest post was an update or not. Plus it was nice to just be able to read the email copy of the post if the site was down for some reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back