• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Amelia, Worm AU [Complete]

"Where's my restitution?!"
*points at dead endbringer*
"Right, carry on."

That is very nice for humanity, sure, but it has absolutely nothing to do with making up for prior harm committed. And I was thinking voluntary efforts, not court-demands because they're so powerful they only have to pay the merest lip-service to the law.

In all fairness, Riley probably is the only one with victims that are A. Alive and B. Wouldn't care that she's gone hero. And odds are some of them would forgive if they knew A. Why she joined the nine, and B. What she's done since she left.

Lisa definitely harmed more than a few people who are alive. Same with Victoria and Taylor, if we're counting them as responsible for what the originals did. Arianna annihilated a building, almost certainly destroyed a lot of valued possessions, possibly killed multiple pets, might have rendered several people effectively homeless, or worse, at least temporarily...

Dude. That was covered, like, a hundred and fifty chapters ago. I get that you might not have noticed it. But you are *really* slow on the uptake.

.... no, no it was NOT. Unless you referred to it exclusively via terms I didn't search for, the closest you came was Emma noting that she was going to make things up to Taylor and them noting that Riley might have done more net-good than net-harm over her life so far around the 100 chapter mark. No notes about compensating the specific people they have harmed in their lives.

"Ignore the past and just keep doing good things" is certainly an acceptable way of going about things, but it is NOT making restitution.

As you MIGHT recall, most people don't possess eidetic memory, and your story will have to wait quite a while before it's next in line for a second read-through by me.

So, are you going to continue with the personal attacks or learn some politeness or friendliness?

Correction: Almost a HUNDRED chapters ago. First mention, Chapter 17. Later mentioned... eh, I don't remember, the next press conference chapter. In fact, MOST of the early press chapters at least brush on it... the Parian interlude around chapter 40ish? That touches it as well. My memory's a little fuzzy that far back. The chapter where Parian finds out about Riley concludes a lot of what was only implied in that chapter...

If someone's running a pool, I want $50 on "personal attacks".
Ah, if only I believed you'd pay up, I'd be... p... p... polite... just once...

So, are you going to continue with the personal attacks or learn some politeness or friendliness?
Sorry. My friendliness is directly proportional to the intelligence of the person I'm talking to. Also... holy fuck you over react...

Last edited:
Talking of Canadians, there are what, 5 named Canadian characters in Worm? Regent, Heartbreaker, Dragon, Narwhal, and Cherish.

So of the cast, Canada has a Nudist, an AI, a megalomaniac NTR abuser, a sociopathic dick and a manipulating bitch.

And I thought Canadians were supposed to be normal forgiving folk.

Last edited:
Sorry. My friendliness is directly proportional to the intelligence of the person I'm talking to. Also... holy fuck you over react...

It's interesting how you interpreted what I said as an over-reaction. Not quite sure HOW you've interpreted it, either, in order to reach that conclusion. Overreacting would probably be more along the lines of unliking every single post you've ever made that I had previously liked, or something.

Also, what you've basically said: "No, they will never make restitution to the people they've harmed. They will do plenty of good elsewhere, but in general will not expend any effort to help the people they personally harmed."

So, TanaNari, question. If someone makes an Omake with an OC you could use, what would the blank odds be for you using that character in-story?

I know one has already been done and you've elected not to use it due most likely it's connection with the Heartbroken and Rapture who are now out of story. So how would you treat say, a Case 53 who seeks out Pantheon due to want for acceptance/a new life?

Cuz I has a plot bunny.

Also, what you've basically said: "No, they will never make restitution to the people they've harmed. They will do plenty of good elsewhere, but in general will not expend any effort to help the people they personally harmed."
I'd love to hear who you think they've harmed that they haven't gone out of their way to make amends toward. Because Taylor did that already. Using the moneys she got from killing S9 members, amongst other things. Riley really hasn't, due to the flat *impossibility* of it, but Amelia has healed most, if not all, of the people she surgically altered to look like S9 members... so that'll have to do...

They brought Victoria back to life. Fairly nice gesture, hopefully makes up for what Amelia did to her.

Who's really left? That didn't deserve it. They didn't make amends with Coil's driver and guards after kicking their asses. Didn't really make amends with Armsmaster. They may or may not have made amends with Coi- Director Calvert. Depending on who you ask.

Seriously. Stop acting so damn obtuse. It's been mentioned, albeit in passing, in multiple parts of the story. Chapter 17. Chapter 39. Chapter whatever the first one with Vickory was. Chapter whatever the one with the boat graveyard being eaten was. You just have to learn to read the nuances instead of needing to be told outright.

So, TanaNari, question. If someone makes an Omake with an OC you could use, what would the blank odds be for you using that character in-story?
Blank odds? Fairly low all considered. I won't dismiss it out of hand. But still low.

Case 53s are given the "can give you a human body again, but you'd have to accept your powers will be lost" offer. After that, well, depends on lots of factors. They're more interested in pawning members off to their allies than to keep them for themselves at this point.

Honestly, a lot of it is how well the character "meshes". The more the powers look "meant for" Pantheon, the less I'm likely to take them. It was one of the main problem with Slayer Anderson's idea. Too much synergy equals bad.

Last edited:
Well, my idea was that this is a Case 53 with minor alterations to the body(something like skin pigmentation probably) but his main issue is his amnesia and the fact that his power is just a little bit too dangerous to be considered Heroic.

A localized field(either with a set 360 range around him or a line of sight deal) within which he can break down atomic structures on a subatomic level.

Basically it's a super destruction field, and while he has better than average control, he doesn't have the years worth of physics knowledge to properly apply it safely. And even if he did he lacks a Thinker power good enough to handle the process safely.

The power itself lacks the standard Manton limit, but his own morals and anxiety keep him from utilizing it out of fear.

If this is bad or too op that's fine, I really just wanted an excuse to use the Cape name Shiva.

Edit: looking at your Edit I'm inclined to think that Shiva actually fits well considering most of Pantheon actually clashes with his power instead of Synergising. The only possible combination I see is him and Clotho with her micro-managing and altering how his Destruction field breaks things down.

Let's see... all the customers/workers for the bank that Taylor threatened to murder. Everyone else that Taylor and Lisa traumatized or otherwise harmed, such as by stealing from them. Victoria for all the property damage and excessive force she was responsible for. Arianna for annihilating that building and who knows what else that wasn't protected by Playmate's ability. Everyone other than Taylor that Emma bullied.

Unless I have actually missed whatever is supposedly there, there is NO mention in the text WHATSOEVER about compensating the SPECIFIC people they harmed. Plenty about them helping people in general, but that's it. If they DO help out those specific people, it would be by accident, going based off of what is actually in the story.

Maybe in your head they have been doing it, but it's not in the story. At the very least not in the chapters you claimed it's in.

If this is bad or too op that's fine, I really just wanted an excuse to use the Cape name Shiva.
1- Sounds like someone who would jump at the chance to have his powers removed, and thus wouldn't really stick around much. "YAY, I'm normal now!"

2- Pantheon doesn't use deities of existent religions. So Shiva isn't on the table. I mean, yeah, Hinduism is suddenly missing hundreds of millions of its practitioners, but it still exists.

all the customers/workers for the bank that Taylor threatened to murder.
Mentioned and implied to be making repairations. Just never shown on screen. But read between the fucking lines, LOTS of stuff isn't mentioned on screen. Because it's boring and a waste of words in an already enormous work. Just use the power of critical thinking.

Everyone else that Taylor and Lisa traumatized or otherwise harmed, such as by stealing from them.
At this point, it's mostly just paying back insurance companies. That is what they're there for.

Victoria for all the property damage and excessive force she was responsible for.
Okay, now you're reaching. Smashing the property of nazis falls under the "people who deserve it clause". Besides, Amy already patched them up.

Arianna for annihilating that building and who knows what else that wasn't protected by Playmate's ability.
More property damage. More insurance. Besides, that got blamed on the mafia, whose property seizure would be used to pay for everything. Property that Arianna more or less inherits anyway. So... that kinda takes care of itself.

Everyone other than Taylor that Emma bullied.
So. No one. At least not to an extent that it caused actual harm to person or property.

... Are you Polokun over on spacebattles? You remind me of Polokun.

In all fairness, Riley probably is the only one with victims that are A. Alive and B. Wouldn't care that she's gone hero. And odds are some of them would forgive if they knew A. Why she joined the nine, and B. What she's done since she left.

And as for lawsuits: Path to no paperwork. They are allied with Cauldron, yes?
Are you sure even Contessa can do that I would think the most she could possibly accomplish would be path to someone else doing the paperwork you cant avoid Satans curse upon all organizations.

Last edited:
Let's see... all the customers/workers for the bank that Taylor threatened to murder.

Pretty sure that essentially saving the city they live in qualified. And it's also completely unnecessary to the narrative.

everyone else that Taylor and Lisa traumatized or otherwise harmed, such as by stealing from them.

Ok, aside from the bank I can't remember Taylor stealing from anyone except maybe the Merchants. And do you really expect Lisa to track down every single person who she stole from and apologize? Not only is that completely bad and to unimportant from a narrative point, but it also potentially outs Minerva as a former crook.

Victoria for all the property damage and excessive force she was responsible for.

Excessive force against gangsters and Neo-Nazi's. And Property damage that no one likely cares about because hello S9 and Leviathan happened and beat her out there. Also, again serves only to hinder the narrative.

Arianna for annihilating that building and who knows what else that wasn't protected by Playmate's ability.

SHE LITERALLY JUST GOT THERE! Also, she's going to be 'disappearing' soon anyway. Plus, it doesn't actually add anything to the Story.

Everyone other than Taylor that Emma bullied.

Did she even bully anyone else? Cuz unless you can source that I'm calling Headcanon.

Last edited:
Ah, if only I believed you'd pay up, I'd be... p... p... polite... just once...
You would never be allowed to participate in a betting pool when the subject of betting is your future actions.

But I do greatly appreciate that you took the considerable effort of thinking about maybe being polite just this one time.

A localized field(either with a set 360 range around him or a line of sight deal) within which he can break down atomic structures on a subatomic level.

Basically it's a super destruction field, and while he has better than average control, he doesn't have the years worth of physics knowledge to properly apply it safely. And even if he did he lacks a Thinker power good enough to handle the process safely.
I'm not sure what this is supposed to do.

Is he Faultline plus radiation?

Is he Damsel of Distress but different?

How is "on a subatomic level" relevant?

Basically, it's a breakdown field. He's breaking up matter on a small level on a wide scale. And with that comes alot of collateral Damage.

And the subatomic level bit...Aside from my physics not being perfect, not bad just not that great, it's also about 3 AM where I'm at and I'm a small bit not-sober. Drinking gets my creative juices flowing.

Mentioned and implied to be making repairations. Just never shown on screen. But read between the fucking lines, LOTS of stuff isn't mentioned on screen. Because it's boring and a waste of words in an already enormous work. Just use the power of critical thinking.

Unless it was in a chapter other than the ones you pointed to, it was NEVER mentioned. You claim it happened by WoG, fine. However, it's not in the text that you keep pointing to and claiming that answers it.

At this point, it's mostly just paying back insurance companies. That is what they're there for.

That's nice. Maybe they'll even refrain from raising their insurance premiums.

Okay, now you're reaching. Smashing the property of nazis falls under the "people who deserve it clause". Besides, Amy already patched them up.

I was thinking more along the lines of walls, dumpsters, and essentially everything around where she decides to get into a fight.

More property damage. More insurance. Besides, that got blamed on the mafia, whose property seizure would be used to pay for everything. Property that Arianna more or less inherits anyway. So... that kinda takes care of itself.

I find it unlikely that everyone living there had insurance, and unless you're claiming that the hotel's insurance will cover it that's at least minor losses to various people who are more likely than not to be ill-prepared to afford it.

So. No one. At least not to an extent that it caused actual harm to person or property.

That seems like a rather weird conclusion to reach, especially since Charlotte and almost certainly a lot of other people were terrified of her enough to not dare oppose her during the locker incident.

... Are you Polokun over on spacebattles? You remind me of Polokun.

Nope, though if this "Polokun" is able to piss you off I may well take it as a compliment.

So, anyway, thank you for EVENTUALLY getting to the point and actually saying that "yes, they're making reparations", TanaNari. You write well, but you're a bloody chore to deal with and I look forward to never talking with you again.

So, anyway, thank you for EVENTUALLY getting to the point and actually saying that "yes, they're making reparations", TanaNari.
it is not the duty of the author to explicitly spell out the details just because you missed them. it is nice when they do but it's not something you should expect.
personally, I would suggest making your thanks sound genuine next time someone does something for you.

I realize that being nice to people isn't by any means required of you, but I really wish you wouldn't go straight to insulting people's intelligence when they miss something. I mean shit, it's easy to miss things every now and then when reading, let alone when the topic in question was handled so long ago in the story.

Tanari, please calm down. Sometimes it's better to keep an air of calm indifference to keep away un-needed conflict.

Nope. He's just widely regarded as a moron. It takes better (worse?) than you to get to me.

Polokun is sadly a person with principles who is unable to do self-criticism. I don't think he is a "moron", although I could call him that if I was less charitable.

Polokun is sadly a person with principles who is unable to do self-criticism. I don't think he is a "moron", although I could call him that if I was less charitable.
*snicker* y'know, "less" still implies a positive quantity (at least to me) so you're still being charitable, calling him a moron, you're just not being as charitable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back