• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Cosmos Quest (Naruto/Lupin III)

[X] Hire a bunch of genin out of your B-rank pay.

Just recently read the whole quest up to this point so sorry for saying things I may have missed.

I agree with splitting the cost for paying for genin but we need to check who's all going to end up rooming in the first place. We haven't talked to Ami or Shika about this yet. We should also talk to Kiba about this as well just to give him an option to include him even if he doesn't like Sasuke.

We should search the compound to check for traps and valuables that might be there over the years. Also keeping an eye out for any hints on the Cat Summoning if there's any information on that as well.

[X] Propose the roommate plan with Ami, Shika, and Kiba
->[X] Split the cost for a bunch of genin between yourself, Sasuke, and anyone else that agrees.

Thank you for making your first post on the fora in one of my quests. :3 I never get tired of seeing people do that; makes me feel all gooey and talented and shit.

[X] Propose the roommate plan with Ami, Shika, and Kiba
->[X] Split the cost for a bunch of genin between yourself, Sasuke, and anyone else that agrees.

It seems like the right thing for them to split it between themselves.

I don't recall Kiba being on the list of people to recruit for this, at least not when Ino proposed it. I have no problem with him joining in if he's interested, but the guy does still have a big family and sounds like he spends a fair bit of time working there as it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Make it rain (aw, crap, someone stick a pot under that hole in the roof)!

Dad is initially alarmed at his princess' desire to move in with her male friend, but relaxes a bit when he hears Ami and Shika are invited as well.

You feel a little insulted, to be honest. "You trust Ami around Sasuke but not me?"

"I trust Ami not to let anything or anyone get between her and her property," Dad says sardonically.

"... and you aren't worried about what Shika-chan and I might get up to?" you ask wickedly.

"I've let you play with him with your door closed for years," he answers, shrugging. "I don't see any point in worrying about it now."

You fall out of your chair.

o_O ... well. That's certainly one way to preserve an alliance...

=

"YES OF COURSE ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"Air...!" you squeak, smacking Ami on the back weakly. "Need air...!"

=

:( "I'm sorry, Ino-chan, but I have so much training to do with Father I couldn't possibly move out. Thank you for thinking of me, though."

=

"Are you nuts?" Kiba asks, laughing uproariously as the pair of you enjoy a lunch break in the middle of your training. "What would make you think I'd ever want to live with Sasuke of all people?"

"The fact that you can bring chicks back to your room without your mom and sister immediately killing the mood," you reply promptly.

"... wh-what're you talking about?" Kiba asks, looking slightly shifty. "Why would I wanna bring girls over? They're, uhhh," he casts around desperately for a moment, before seizing on the first thing that comes to mind: "... they have cooties, yuck! No offence," he adds quickly.

You snicker, and pat him on the back. "You aren't talkin' to Ami, Kiba, c'mon. Besides, you haven't seen this place." You gesture expansively. "It's huge. It's not as big as Hinata's house, but there's no reason you'd have to get within ten feet of Sasuke if you didn't want to. And there're all these old parks in the District for you and Akamaru to scrap in whenever you want, without anyone around to tell you to knock it off."

Kiba looks tempted, but finally shakes his head. "It sounds great to visit, but there's no reason to live there. I still don't get why you're even moving in - wouldn't it be more convenient just to toss Ami at the guy and run like hell?"

"I've been talking about moving out ever since I made genin, and Sasuke owns most of the District, so we won't even have to pay rent," you say, wondering how long and how well you can explain your reasoning without flat-out saying 'he's lonely'.

"... well, if you have a housewarming party or something, I'll help ya cook for it," he says grudgingly, "but Sasuke and I have a good thing goin' here; he avoids me, and I avoid him, and everybody's happy."

=

"Are you inviting Chouji?"

You hesitate. "D'ya really think he'd want to be stuck with me all the time?" You laugh, and if it sounds a bit nervous, well...

"I think the two of you have been a pain in my neck long enough and you need to sort things out properly, once and for all," Shikamaru says flatly.

You blink. You can't remember the last time Shika straight up told you to do something.

"If Chouji says yes, consider that me saying yes."

The half-wave he throws over his shoulder as he walks away softens the blow. But not by much.

Your talk with Shikamaru gets you thinking. Should you approach Chouji and finally put the awkwardness behind the pair of you? Has it been too long?

[X] Invite Chouji

[X] No sense in opening old wounds

But that makes you wonder if you should offer Sasuke's teammates the chance to get in on this. The whole point of this experiment is to get Sasuke more connected, so why should the people he has to work with be excluded?

You groan at the thought of having Naruto around all the time; potential ally in practical joking aside, he's so awkward and obnoxious. Shino wouldn't be so bad, but the Aburame are a much more formal clan than yours (though less so than the Hyuuga) and he's the heir - he might not be allowed to move out.

[X] Invite Naruto and Shino

[X] Invite Naruto

[X] Invite Shino

[X] Ask Sasuke's jounin-sensei for advice

[X] Ask Sasuke, duh.

[X] Don't invite 'em.

-----
So I just remembered today that the Uchiha don't have a compound. Please bear with me while I go back and edit the archived versions of some updates. -_-;

Uh....is there a reason you give no option to just not invite any of Sasuke's teammates?

Cause seeing as it was hanging out with them that drove Sasuke so close to the edge, I'm not particularly inclined to put him right back in that situation.

To be honest, I'd value asking SASUKE if he wants us to invite them more than any of the options. I mean seriously, he spends a week with them consoling himself with the fact that when it's over he gets away from them and spends time with Lupino, and then just tossing him back in with them? He spends most of his days with them as is, I certainly wouldn't fault him for wanting to get away from them for a while.

I remember getting the advice of not rooming with your best friend back in college, and they ain't even that. They'd be coming up on spending 24/7 with each other.

Not sure on Choji, but for now:

[X] Ask Sasuke, duh.

I'm not sure I'd trust the advice Kakashi would give. He has a blind spot for teammates.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X] Ask Sasuke and his jounin-sensei for advice.

If Sasuke isn't cool with inviting his teammates to join in our awesome new Ninja Frathouse, then we probably shouldn't.

I mean, it is his house and all.

Man, today is my day for not double-checking I've written stuff, apparently. -_-

Do we ask Kakashi? That depends entirely on if he'll keep out name out of it when he starts up the jokes about Sakkun living in sin, and if he needs to borrow Kakashi's Icha Icha, start up.

[X] Of course you're not going to bitch out and not invite Chouji! … Maybe you'll write him a letter. No! If you are a bitch, you must be a magnificent bitch! We have that jutsu we learned from Jiraiya, don't we? It's time to learn a way to write a letter in the sky, or on Hokage mountain or something.

Bonus points if we somehow sound like a repentant adulterous lover asking for her to take us back.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X] Ask Sasuke, duh. And if he isn't firmly against it, try and convince him to at least give them a chance.

We gotta work on regaining our old friendship!
Also Sasuke should decide if he wants to spend even more time with his teamates. I'd have Ino push for him at least giving them a chance.

[X] Ask Sasuke, duh.

also, i don't remember what happened between us and chouji.

I keep meaning to re-read, but I don't have time.

oh wait, was that the shoplifting thing?

It was indeed that. Subsequently you returned to speaking terms when Itachi attacked you.

Hmm. Well, on giving it more thought, Sasuke's team around and getting him used to them, instead of just tolerating them during work and waiting to get back to the people he actually likes, is probably 'best' and DEFINITELY what Kakashi wants.

Problem is....one week, Sasuke damn near went outta his mind. I mean, goddamn. The boy was so miserable and alone he tried proposing marriage. Drunkenly, but still. It sounds like he's currently got the worst of both worlds. Not so aloof and anti-social he can more or less genuinely not give a damn about others and however lonely still be functional and focused on Itachi, but not so social he can enjoy being with anyone except those who have wormed past his defenses. That sucks pretty hard for him actually, since now it's a legit weak spot that can bring him down and he can't deny it.

Eh, I still think baby steps is best for his psyche and developing people skills. He's got enough on his plate with chunin exams and moving back into a home of nightmares plus getting used to the cons of roommates. Yay, you're not alone Sasuke!

Now you're not alone and have to deal with your roommates. Hey, there's ups and downs.

Course, then you have to decide what's more important, his team synergy or his personal happiness/social growth.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X] Ask Sasuke, duh. And if he isn't firmly against it, try and convince him to at least give them a chance.

Actually, you know what? Screw asking Kakashi entirely.

Ask Asuma.

Better odds of giving it to us straight, better people skills, might even help beyond dispensation of advice (and not deliberately troll or screw us over in the process). Even if he's not Sasuke's sensei he's still probably better for figuring this shit out. Kakashi is the one who's seen the group in action but Kakashi is a dick no matter how awesome he can be, and is liable to have blindspots where teammates are concerned besides.

Having Asuma riding shotgun to make sure this goes smooth would be fantastically helpful. If we do talk to Kakashi, having Asuma chipping in would be nice indeed. If we can convince him to help instead of watching to see how we handle this.

Now here's a question. How big is this house? I know it supported Sasuke's family but that was two adults and two kids. We're going to be putting a lot more people in here and I'm not certain there are enough bedrooms. So If we can we should probably have two houses occupied. That way we can dodge the whole Sasuke's lonely thing and still get people nearby. Neighbors are almost as good as roommates.

I'd approach Chouji about this and talk to Sasuke and Kakashi about it. I don't think we're on good enough speaking terms with the rest of Sasuke's team to bring up this subject without consulting those two.

Edit: Clarified so vote adjusted.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X] Ask Kakashi then ask Sasuke. And if he isn't firmly against it, try and convince him to see if they're even interested.

Unclouded said:
Now here's a question. How big is this house? I know it supported Sasuke's family but that was two adults and two kids. We're going to be putting a lot more people in here and I'm not certain there are enough bedrooms. So If we can we should probably have two houses occupied. That way we can dodge the whole Sasuke's lonely thing and still get people nearby. Neighbors are almost as good as roommates.

I'd approach Chouji about this and talk to Sasuke and Kakashi about it. I don't think we're on good enough speaking terms with the rest of Sasuke's team to bring up this subject without consulting those two.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X] Ask Kakashi then ask Sasuke. And if he isn't firmly against it, try and convince him to at least give them a nearby house if they're even interested.
Fanon, at least, has the entire Uchiha district default to Sasuke's name as the Last (loyal) Uchiha. Not sure how Furiko will play it.

Guile said:
Fanon, at least, has the entire Uchiha district default to Sasuke's name as the Last (loyal) Uchiha. Not sure how Furiko will play it.
The Clan Head owns the main house, a lot of the commercial buildings in the district, and controlling interest in at least a dozen now-defunct businesses. Most of the houses in the area were owned by the people that lived there, and all of those have been seized by the Office of the Hokage under eminent domain, so the whole 'neighbours' thing might not work out so great; you've got your hands full just renovating one place, anyway.

Luckily, like Ino said, the place is huge. Sasuke's family is an anomaly in clan history - Fugaku had half a dozen brothers and sisters growing up, and most of the bedrooms are big enough for two people to share.

[X] Invite Chouji
[X]Might as well ask Asuma for a idea for all that.
[X] Ask Sasuke, duh

why would we ask anyone but sasuke?

its his freaking house.

[X] ask sasuke, don't invite anyone he doesn't want to deal with.

being roommates is a big deal

FurikoMaru said:
The Clan Head owns the main house, a lot of the commercial buildings in the district, and controlling interest in at least a dozen now-defunct businesses. Most of the houses in the area were owned by the people that lived there, and all of those have been seized by the Office of the Hokage under eminent domain, so the whole 'neighbours' thing might not work out so great; you've got your hands full just renovating one place, anyway.

Luckily, like Ino said, the place is huge. Sasuke's family is an anomaly in clan history - Fugaku had half a dozen brothers and sisters growing up, and most of the bedrooms are big enough for two people to share.
Interesting.

What did the Hokage office do with the real estate it seized? Low income housing for immigrants who don't remember the Uchiha? Storage? Or just letting it lie vacant like Sasuke is? I can't imagine most residents of Konoha would be comfortable living there.

[X] Ask Sasuke and Asuma about it.

[X] I guess my race is run

"No."

"You didn't even let me finish!" you protest.

Between Menka's aging and your own increased training load, your morning constitutionals are much less about exercise these days and more about seeing your non-teammate friends on a regular basis. At present you, Menka, Sasuke and Hinata are all sitting around enjoying the fresh fruit you snagged from the market earlier.

"I didn't have to," Sasuke says, "I know you. You think just because people don't bear you ill will they're your friends."

You frown, stung. "I'm not stupid, Sakkun, I just think it's important to get along well with your teammates."

"You and everyone else," Sasuke gripes. "How am I supposed to get along with them better if I have to live with them? You and Ami are one thing, and at least with Shikamaru and Chouji around I won't be outnumbered by girls, but Shino can turn any room into a damn prison cell just by walking in."

Hinata does a spittake, then looks completely mortified that she did so.

"... Shino?" you ask, eyes bugging. "Shino is more irritating than the guy who put makeup on you while you were sleeping?"

Sasuke scowls. "Naruto is an idiot, but at least he's not full of shit. When he's mad he's like you; everyone hears about it until someone shuts him up."

"Remind me again why we're friends?" you ask grumpily.

"When Shino is mad," he goes on, unrepentant, "or frightened, or anything, it's impossible to tell. More than half his face is covered and the rest always has the exact same expression. He just makes little comments that could be taken one way or another, like I'm supposed to just guess his mood, and if I guess wrong he treats me like I'm a moron. It drives me nuts."

You and Hinata share a look.

=

My dear Chouji,

I've been a fool. Can you ever forgive me? I can't live without you any longer!

Ino the Fifth

"There's no way-"

"Sasuke-kun will be so heartbroken! That little sl-"

"- but they're children -"

"-chaser; who knew?"

"- probably didn't think about how it sounded before she-"

You smile and light up a congratulatory smoke as a grumbling genin team yell for everyone to clear the area so they can pop the balloon and bring it down.

It's only half an hour before Chouji runs in Sasuke's front door, his cheeks as red as ripe tomatoes.

"Akimichi Chouji," you announce to the genin working on re-tiling the roof, descending onto one knee and holding up a plate of chocolate chip cookies, "would you do me the honour of becoming my roommate?"

He takes the top cookie off the pile, breaks it in half, and holds it out for you to eat.

"I missed you," he says, munching his half.

=

You're in the middle of a sparring match when someone you haven't seen in years shows up.

<"Menka, Ino!">

<"Shirotama?"> You duck under Kiba's arm and head off the training ground. <"What're you-?">

<"Nii-sama is badly hurt, you've got to come quickly!">

You're off like a shot, yelling over your shoulder, "Kiba, I've gotta go, it's an emergency."

Yuji-sensei...

This time it's a medical tent set up in the lot by the river, and inside it are more injured cats than you ever thought you'd see in one place.

The stench of viscera and disinfectant permeates the air, and cat medics stalk the tent on their hind legs, seemingly working on multiple patients at once. They snarl orders at equally-busy assistants, who rush around carrying sterilized bandages and bags of morphine.

Cats of all shapes and sizes lie haphazardly on white sheets. Some of them wail and twitch in pain; one of them is completely silent and apparently unhurt, but trembling uncontrollably from tip to tail.

<"Menka...">

The voice is so faint you almost miss it entirely, but as soon as you realize what was said you whip 'round, only to gasp in horror at what you see.

Yuji's wounds are soaking through his makeshift bandages, and one of his ears has been completely torn off.

<"Medic!"> you snap. <"We need fresh bandages over here-">

<"No, Ino-dono..."> your old teacher says weakly, <"... there are too many... to be bothering with an old... like me...">

<"Brother...?"> Menka sounds as young as the day you met, and looks more frightened than you've ever seen him.

<"Menka,"> Yuji says, his voice gaining a bit more focus, though no volume, <"look after your brother.">

<"What're you saying, sensei?"> Gently, you try to laugh it off. <"Menka doesn't have to look after anyone; you're gonna be just-">

<"Ino-dono,"> Yuji interrupts, pawing lightly at your hand, <"I beg you, continue to look after my brother.">

You fall silent. After a moment, you nod.

<"Ino.">

You turn, and see Miun, flanked by a pink cat you don't know and Indara.

<"When you've said your goodbyes, please come with me.">

Said your goodbyes. It hits you like a gust of cold wind.

Swallowing, you reach out a hand and gently stroke Yuji-sensei's fur.

<"... thank you.">

Then, in accordance with tradition older than the Fortress itself, Shirotama and Menka snuggle in close beside their brother, licking his fur comfortingly, and wait for him to die.

=

<"What happened?"> you demand as soon as you're out of the tent. <"Did Nekomata-?">

<"If the Fortress cats had shown up in force, we would all be wiped out,"> Miun says bluntly. <"This was a joyride by some of their teenagers to stave off boredom while waiting for the Autumnal Equinox.">

You stare at her.

<"Ino,"> Miun says, <"My father is dead, and Grandmother won't last the night. There's something I need to ask you to do before that happens.">

"Tora is dead?" you blurt out in shock. A memory of a warm summer day springs to your mind; the wind whistling in your ears as you tore through the forest on the back of a mighty steed, Chouji clinging to you for dear life. Nothing could touch the three of you...

<"Ino, please,"> she says, the thickness of sorrow threatening to warp her words, <"please don't make me talk about it.">

<"No, of course not!"> you say sympathetically, scratching her behind her ears. She leans into your hand for a moment, licking your palm. Then she brushes you off with a paw.

<"Ino,"> she says, all business once again, <"I want you to Reverse-Summon yourself.">

You blink, confused. <"What...? Why?">

<"Father didn't want to put pressure on you while you were still so young."> Miun reaches into a bag strapped around the pink cat's midsection and pulls out what for all the world looks like an ordinary scroll container.

Save for the seal upon it.

<"He had it drawn up only at Auntie Naru's insistence,"> she continues, opening the lid and tipping out the thick roll of paper. Unwinding it only a few inches, she turns it around so you can confirm it is indeed what you thought it was.

<"I have no gift for prophesy,"> Miun says, <"and I don't claim to believe or not believe that you are a true Speaker, or just a normal girl with a strange talent. But if it is your destiny to hold a Summoning contract, I want to be sure you go to the one Fate has in mind for you. Whichever contract calls you, if it's ours or..."> She tries to hide her distaste, <"the original... now is the time to settle it."> Her dark eyes bore into yours. <"I won't force you to sign the scroll, but the matter of your true relationship to us needs to be resolved. Please." Her eyes shut. "Give my people peace, of one kind or another."

[X] You heard the lady. "Gyaku Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

[X] A Summoning Contract? But... you barely have enough chakra to pull off ordinary C-rank jutsu! If you end up being taken all the way out to the Fortress or who knows where else, how're you supposed to get back? Beg for the matter to be put off until at least after the chuunin exams.

[X] Fate? If Fate wants you to end up with Nekomata's bunch she can go straight to hell and bring them with her! Sign the contract without performing the Reverse Summoning.

Whelp, that's a firm no for Shino and Naruto. I certainly ain't going to push Sasuke when he's that resolute, he's on the road to recovery as is. Let's see if improving his home life unstresses him enough to be more genial.

And oh, the summon contract. Eheheheheh. Not sure what to choose here....

EDIT: And oh yeah.

Tora? TORA?! TOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

But seriously, goddamn, I liked Tora.

[X] Fate? If Fate wants you to end up with Nekomata's bunch she can go straight to hell and bring them with her! Sign the contract without performing the Reverse Summoning.

fate? who gives a shit about that.

we know who our friends are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back