• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls Quest [Original Setting]

I'm expecting Eldest Sister Royale is going to be something on scale with the Death Star.

[X] Head for Utopia
- [X] Ask Big Sister where new Little Sisters come from

Probably better off heading to Utopia to use the dry docks there than to sit here installing the special we just took for several turns in the middle of nowhere. Especially when you consider that K'uns fleet may well come looking for us after we beat Shoryuu. Made the subvote both out of curiosity of how an all female race of sentient ships has kids and because I think it would be funny to see Ciara ask ChiChi about it.

Made the subvote both out of curiosity of how an all female race of sentient ships has kids and because I think it would be funny to see Ciara ask ChiChi about it.
Obviously parthenogenesis. Also trying to ascribe gender to such an alien species probably doesn't work quite right. It's like calling the members of an Asexual species female. Accurate in some ways, inaccurate in others.

I'm guessing they do something along the lines of egg laying though, since we grew up on a planet with no others there.

Eh, we are ship. For all we know, they were formed when a pair of ship-girls give away part of their nanomachine on random asteroid or something.

So... we're headed there anyway? Good. What does it cost to use the drydocks?

Yes, you is headed there... as for docks and docking fees... Big Sister will take care of it all... She's a merchant ship. :3

I'm expecting Eldest Sister Royale is going to be something on scale with the Death Star.

Do ho ho ho ho... :3

Probably better off heading to Utopia to use the dry docks there than to sit here installing the special we just took for several turns in the middle of nowhere. Especially when you consider that K'uns fleet may well come looking for us after we beat Shoryuu. Made the subvote both out of curiosity of how an all female race of sentient ships has kids and because I think it would be funny to see Ciara ask ChiChi about it.

"When a Big Sister gets lonely... she finds another Big Sister and do this and that and go PEW PEW PEW at them and loot some stuff from them and goes off to make a baby sister." /JK :3

Obviously parthenogenesis. Also trying to ascribe gender to such an alien species probably doesn't work quite right. It's like calling the members of an Asexual species female. Accurate in some ways, inaccurate in others.

I'm guessing they do something along the lines of egg laying though, since we grew up on a planet with no others there.
Eh, we are ship. For all we know, they were formed when a pair of ship-girls give away part of their nanomachine on random asteroid or something.

Or something.... :3

They ensured that the enemies of the Creators called the Reality Deviants were slain to the last unhatched egg, their servants and armies scattered to the far flung corners of the Galaxy and beyond.

So, Spaceship-Girls are descended from Technocratic Union AI Warships? An Autopolitan design maybe?

[X] Head for Utopia

[X] Head for Utopia

[X] Head for Utopia

[X] Head for Utopia

When one Big Sister and another Big Sister love another Very much...

[X] Head for Utopia

For all the San loss! ... or not!
[dice]2165[/dice]

012 : Journey to Utopia
Big Sister ChiChi, unsurprisingly, liked to take things easy as she meandered in the dark depths of space between star systems.

True, her Aetheric Slipstream drive systems were suitably large... your idle calculations indicated that she could go faster, that she was nowhere near her maximum top speed.

When you asked her about this, she had simply laughed and smiled. "Ciara, what I can do and what I'm known to be able to do are two different thing. True, I could go faster... but everyone knows that I only go at such speed when I'm running away, and thus they assume that I can only go so fast."

You had to nod at that, if their assumptions were off.... then in an emergency, it would be a surprise for everyone involved. Still, her current speed was but a fraction of what she could achieve, theoretically according to your calculations.

The transfer of your repair drones went without issues as they set up nests in your Big Sister's repair facilities. A sight that you and your big sisters watched with fascination now and then, given how different your drones appeared from the ones used by all of your big sisters.

More importantly, the fabrication of more repair drones and specialized replacement parts for your drone fabbers and nest was without issues as raw materials were transferred to your fabbers from Big Sister.

And so, the days slowly passed as you and your big sisters played with each other and familiarized yourselves with each other's bodies and skills. You found yourself unable to imagine a life without your big sisters.

The route taken by Big Sister ChiChi was circuitous and hardly efficient. But then she wasn't focused on an A to B point to point travel, even if you and your big sisters got into a routine of having a deep scan of any system you emerged outside of, and being ready to fight or run... you had yet to do either.

Rather, she planned her route on resource intake. What resources any given system had, from rare ores to organic material harvested from garden worlds.

More you got to witness a 'merchant' or 'supply tender' ship's method of intake. Massive Matter to Energy to Matter converters efficiently tore apart matter she brought into her ship's maw with tractor beams.

The only drawback was the size of the converters, and the speed that they tore things apart. Those were the reason why you hadn't asked Big Sister ChiChi for a version sized to your ship form.

And so, you got to witness new vista...

Eventually, numerous systems later... you were informed by your Big Sister that all of you would be at Utopia soon, and so all of you were to be on your best behaviour. No stealing from the other cliques, she said with a look at your other big sisters. No fighting, this was said with a look at all of you. No laughing at the pets, even if they were forced to wear amusing outfits. This was neutral ground and she would like to keep it that way.

Jumping into the system, you could scarce believe what you saw...

There was a degenerate star, as stated by your Big Sister... but when she said Royale orbited it, you had imagined a massive ship in a steady orbit around it. Not what your sensor, let alone So's sensors, were telling you.

The star system was devoid of all mass, just the degenerate star and a massive lattice of metal and exotic alloys around it like a cage or perhaps a shattered world of metal, an incomplete sphere that fed on the degenerate star, tearing at it's mass with over-powered tractor beams.

That was Royale, a single look at her and you knew that this was one of the oldest beings in the galaxy if not the universe. The motes that darted around her were your peers, other cliques and lone sisters who had protection by virtue of being near her.

You could only look in awe at the massive bulk and power of this particular Legendary Elder Sister as Big Sister ChiChi drew close to her, before gaining permission to dock.

You and your sisters were given by Big Sister ChiChi a small allowance of alloyed black discs with a single glowing green mote in their center. You had the basic concept of money, you just never expected to be given such.

- - -
Dark Heavens | Space Ship Girls
012 : Journey to Utopia

- - -​

What Do?
[X] Stay with Big Sister ChiChi and hide behind her, you're not used to so many PEOPLE. Also some of their pets are scary.
[X] Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.
[X] Explore on your own! You're a big girl and can handle things on your own.
[X] Write In.

Notes : ChiChi has a FULLY upgraded repair system, and your repair system is back online.

You have a small allowance of 500 Plasma Credits, this is equivalent of 500 dollars in modern day terms, to be spent as you wish while you're docked. If you run out, you're gonna have to explain to Big Sister ChiChi what happened and ask her for more money.

Also, feel free to write in what you want to do...

[X] Explore with your other big sisters... also buy delicious snacks and trinkets.

Safest place to do it and I'd like to foster at least a little independence.

The innuendo is so diffuse and pervasive, I hardly know what to quote ... bravo, Bii!
So is the long range spotter, while Aoi and Aki are the FINE detail scanners... :3
Well, then!

-[X] Stick with So, Aoi and Aki where you can. Spotters make life easy for cruisers!

As much as I like the cuteness of the stay with big sister ChiChi option I want to take a chance to look around and see if we can find anything useful to but with our money. Not likely to get any kind of actual upgrades, but even just things for Ciara to use as a decoration inside her ship body would be nice. For that matter just seeing things should give her ideas on what she can use her repair drones to make inside her ship.

Speaking of which glad to see that our repair systems are back up. Was that because we had a long journey here or is Bii just being nice about it after it? Either way it shows that upgrading ChiChi's repair systems was a good move, now she has an extremely fast self repair too.

I'd also like to know if ChiChi is going to get the carrier systems we took installed, or if she plans to trade it for something else? If she trades it we might find some good deals, I would expect a special system like that to be worth more than say generic armor plating, or a better engine. Still kind of thinking it would be better for Chichi to have the parasite crafts though- even if she has to choose between repairing or rebuilding those every turn with her new repair speed she should be able to fix herself up quickly then make more parasite crafts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back