• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Dead

[X] Go out and try to find some bees.

*edit- and it was such a good write-in too...

Last edited:
Does booze do anything besides get us drunk? Does it refill our magic or give us berserker strength or something?

Silly question, but I know in fantasy a lot of times alcohol is like a magic potion, at least to those who master it.
Taylor's been possessed by thousands of linked magical entities (the Avatar of Varies). The ONLY way Taylor can regain some sense of self, and not be completely consumed by the voices, is to get drunk. When drunk she regains conscious control of her body, and self-identity (to the same state as her dream self, so still a fae and crazy and such from eating that apple).

The previous incarnation of the Avatar of Varies was cursed so reality itself would bend to prevent the Avatar from obtaining alcohol. Three things are needed to break the curse.

-Tears of a Dragon (OBTAINED when we blew up Lung's dick).
-Flesh of a Fallen Star (Not obtained. Best guess is a Cauldron vial. In Shadowrun it's a peice of Lucifer).
-Bones of a Nightmare (Not obtained. I could be wrong about the bones part, but it was definitely from a Nightmare. My best guess is a one of Night's -- the E88 Cape -- bones, or a piece of Ziz).

-Flesh of a Fallen Star (Not obtained. Best guess is a Cauldron vial. In Shadowrun it's a peice of Lucifer).
Purity, it's a fitting end considering she built a career of judging other people by their Skin color.
-Bones of a Nightmare (Not obtained. I could be wrong about the bones part, but it was definitely from a Nightmare. My best guess is a one of Night's -- the E88 Cape -- bones, or a piece of Ziz).
The Bones of Grayboy.

For the Flesh of a Fallen Star it should suffice to bury our face in Canary's breasts. For the Bones of a nightmare any S9 Member should suffice, if one survived. If not, then get one of Nilbog's pets.

Um Lisa and Brian refused to work for you. So you are asking Rachel and Alec to do this. Just FYI.
Well crap.:oops:

Funny thing is, if Brian met Danny, he'd probably join, because Danny would ensure the money coming in was through legal channels. NO ONE gets paid under the table when a union man's around!:D

We should probably take care of the bees, before sending them out. You know, so they don't die.

[X] Ask about the bees

Im getting paranoid.
Im thinking we should kill the bee quickly so it doesnt alert the other but maybe they have a hive link and killing it will aggro the whole hive.
On the other hand, maybe we can get a better picture if we chase it but that runs into the problem of ambush.
Decision. Decisions.

[X] Kill it! Kill it Now!

Get some measure of how easy they are to kill before we find a whole swarm of them, and stop it from getting that swarm here before we've had time to think about things. It's not like we'll fail to encounter them later.

Im getting paranoid.
Im thinking we should kill the bee quickly so it doesnt alert the other but maybe they have a hive link and killing it will aggro the whole hive.
On the other hand, maybe we can get a better picture if we chase it but that runs into the problem of ambush.
Decision. Decisions.
This seems like a good time to ask what Taylor knows on the topic.
Flabbs, what does Taylor expect them to have, instantaneous-communications-wise? Hive mind, telepathy, anything of the sort?

She does in fact know that they have a hive mind that links the shaman with all of their insects allowing to talk to each other telepathically and allow the shaman to use the insects senses.

Is this automatic or something that requires concentration and the shaman has to focus on the link if they know get an alert from said insect?

This is important because it is the difference between Zerg style 'one of them saw you, the entire hivemind saw you in realtime' and a simple 'kill it instantly in a single blow and hope it hasn't had a reason to send out the signal because it saw a single snooping person'

She does in fact know that they have a hive mind that links the shaman with all of their insects allowing to talk to each other telepathically and allow the shaman to use the insects senses.
Does this mean that the Shaman can track us down by our aura, the same way we can track people down (to kill out escaped enemies in their sleep!)? Well... When we're not in our Lodge...

The following write-in assumes that the answer to this in 'no.' I'll change my vote if the answer is yes.

[X] Other! - Retreat and return to the Necropolis. It's seen us, so the Shaman knows about us already, but it doesn't know our capabilities. Attacking now would give them more info on us. We need a plan and we need it NOW, the infestation can't be allowed to spread! Also, they may be evil, but they're still the local law, we need to warn the PRT about this, maybe they have ways to contain them...

[X] Immediately (as in before it gets to the wall) summon a spirit to bind the bee, don't let it escape!

Last edited:
I'm tempted to go for "chase that bee," in hopes of it leading us to the shaman. However, that sounds like a good way to lead us into a huge swarm, with the shaman not even there.

Do we have some kind of way to trace the magic link, either on the move or if we were to capture it?

Vote changed to:

[X] Immediately (as in before it gets to the wall) summon a spirit to bind the bee, don't let it escape!

Works for me.

Heh, I just had an amusing thought. Usually going brain-to-brain(s) with a hivemind is the height of stupidity....except that said hivemind is composed of 99% of a similar mindset all working together, while we on the other hand are a mashup of wildly different minds, some scarily synergistic while others are intensely contrary towards each other.

We might very well be able to disable the entire swarm by accident if we simply hook ourselves into the hivemind and they get a full blast of what our brain-space is like at any given moment.

Not sure this is a good plan because it might open up yet another avenue of escape for some of our tenants but that's a little bit of deep thinking that I'm not sure I could accept Necros thinking of IC in the heat of the moment.

Could Necros create a magic equivalent of corrupting the bee and turning it into a trogen horse virus to mess with the swarm?

Last edited:

This is gonna be good.

Could Necros create a magic equivalent of corrupting the bee and turning it into a Trojan horse virus to mess with the swarm's hivemind like a computer?

No. Could she create something like that with experimentation and time, maybe. But that could take weeks to even try to come up with a spell that powerful, and she knows that she doesn't have weeks.
What about spyware? or spaming the swarm with useless information to slow it down.

Last edited:
[X] Try and convince the bee shaman to let you kill them.

Oh, I want to hear how this goes.

[] Try and seduce the bee shaman to not kill you.
Changed my vote

Last edited:
[X] This chick must be one of my past conquests. Shes mad because I didnt write afterwards. Gotta run damage control.
--[X] "Im sorry baby, I seem to have been hit with a memory Spell. Theres no other way I would forget you. How about if we get to know each other again?"

i know the write in sucks. Someone can make it better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back