• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Trying to kill Mareinette is an exercise in stupidity. She's fought off entire armies, entire Edge name attack groups, etc. And reminder Mareinette is Heart 6 will into just coming back from burned to dust level survial ablity.
it MIGHT be possible with all three alicorns on our side (they're basically Name+ tier), plus our other Names. They can also summon Edge influences for themselves with the ritual, as they get a massive alicorn-based bonus to it.

But yeah, nothing is ever guaranteed when you're trying to kill A Ligeian.

Our best bet would be the Elements of Harmony, and even those are a question mark on what they'd do.

I think I remember sisters using elements of harmony on their own, 3 elements per sister or something along those lines. I can be mistaken , but I think they stopped Discord with them. If Luna fully restored herself she should be able to do it.
the implication in canon was that Celestia using the elements against Luna "broke" their connection to them. That's why the elements became stones (and magic outright disappeared), and it took Twilight to awaken them again.

It is usually assumed in canon that at this point only the Main 6 can use them, and Celestia and Luna would not be able to... though to be fair it has NEVER been explicitly stated, nor were they ever shown to try.

There's also some implication of the "young 6" eventually becoming sort of the next generation of the element bearers (even without actual elements of their own), and the comic-only season 10 actually had them share that kind of power I think, but we're talking less clear stuff that's mostly irrelevant and non-canon to the quest.

The reason I think this is that in universe (I'm talking SH here not the quest) there has never been mention of an Alukite being struck down, Hours, Names and Long yes but never an Alukite. It'd take the direct intervention of an Hour to do so and I really don't want to burn another RA.
Hokobald (Forge-Long) is both implied to be an alukite and to have been killed by the Exile in one of the possible endings. He's not a Name-alukite, but he is (probably) an alukite.

Also, if you're using the lack of direct mention as evidence that they can't be killed, as opposed to "it's just never been directly mentioned", then saying that killing an alukite requires the direct intervention of an Hour is a big stretch considering that's never even implied afaik, it's just something you're coming up with because you're convinced that the alukites are literally invincible for some reason.

Edit: Also to get ahead of any "well they didn't actually say Hokobald died" whoever was getting transcribed knew enough about the Mansus and the Principles to know who King Crucible is and what labhites and skaptodons are, and yet found it plausible enough to mention Hokobald's probable-death as a point in the Exile's favor as a monster killer, instead of going "yeah they supposedly killed Hokobald but he's an alukite so that's impossible".

Edit 2: He may also have been more directly confirmed as alukite in The Lady Afterwards, but I don't own it so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:
it MIGHT be possible with all three alicorns on our side (they're basically Name+ tier), plus our other Names. They can also summon Edge influences for themselves with the ritual, as they get a massive alicorn-based bonus to it.
If Mareinette could not deal with such a minor force of power she would have been killed already. That the minimum amount of force an Hour could deploy.

Also people keep mentioning Wrong Key's, I will point out Wrong Key's should do nothing to Mareinette, they work on Summons. Mareinette is not being actively summoned like everything else to manifest in the Wake, she was summoned entirely. She is not an extension of a larger being, but fully here. Wrong Key's attack the portal the summon is poking their head thou, not the entity themselves.

Last edited:
the implication in canon was that Celestia using the elements against Luna "broke" their connection to them. That's why the elements became stones (and magic outright disappeared), and it took Twilight to awaken them again.

It is usually assumed in canon that at this point only the Main 6 can use them, and Celestia and Luna would not be able to... though to be fair it has NEVER been explicitly stated, nor were they ever shown to try.

There's also some implication of the "young 6" eventually becoming sort of the next generation of the element bearers (even without actual elements of their own), and the comic-only season 10 actually had them share that kind of power I think, but we're talking less clear stuff that's mostly irrelevant and non-canon to the quest.
Or they broke because Celestia tried to brute force 6 elements at once and did not have means to restore them without her sister. Now it more or less depend on if elements have user locks on them or not.

Also found elements distribution. Supposedly it is

Luna: Honesty, Loyalty, Laughter.

Celestia: Magic, Generosity, Kindness.

Granted Celestia current Kindenss is issue but it just means that restoring it is a matter for national security. Which is our prerogative. We should start on friendship lessons immediately!

Last edited:
Or they broke because Celestia tried to brute force 6 elements at once and did not have means to restore them without her sister. Now it more or less depend on if elements have user locks on them or not.
There are a lot of reasons why they might have broken: Luna losing her conection to her Elements by becoming Nightmare Moon, the fight between the two in the first place, the Elements being used for banishment, Celestia using Elements she isn't connected to... The list could go on.

The Elements are currently linked to and also are the Mane 6, having anyone else use them won't work.

If Mareinette could not deal with such a minor force of power she would have been killed already. That the minimum amount of force an Hour could deploy.
The possible difference here is that (in an ideal scenario) the kill squad would be dropping on her immediately after she's ravaged herself by breaking her summoner's chains. And maybe that she is fully in the Wake instead of only partially being in the Wake while the majority of her luxuriates in the Grail Chapel like she would have in more Mansusy times.

Also people keep mentioning Wrong Key's, I will point out Wrong Key's should do nothing to Mareinette, they work on Summons. Mareinette is not being actively summoned like everything else to manifest in the Wake, she was summoned entirely. She is not an extension of a larger being, but fully here. Wrong Key's attack the portal the summon is poking their head thou, not the entity themselves.
Can you provide a WoG for that?

Granted Celestia current Kindenss is issue but it just means that restoring it is a matter for national security. Which is our prerogative. We should start on friendship lessons immediately!
…You know, I find it kinda funny that Velvet spent so much time on the Bearers who share Celestia's elements, and has barely even met one who shares Luna's. Too bad Twilight ended up as poorly as she did, or we would have all three Confidantes that could take Celestia's place. :V

Also found elements distribution. Supposedly it is

Maybe Luna and Celestia can switch an Element or two :V

Hokobald (Forge-Long) is both implied to be an alukite and to have been killed by the Exile in one of the possible endings. He's not a Name-alukite, but he is (probably) an alukite.

Also, if you're using the lack of direct mention as evidence that they can't be killed, as opposed to "it's just never been directly mentioned", then saying that killing an alukite requires the direct intervention of an Hour is a big stretch considering that's never even implied afaik, it's just something you're coming up with because you're convinced that the alukites are literally invincible for some reason.
Hokobald is a confirmed Forge-Long Alukite and to be entirely honest I uh kinda forgot the Exile killed him.

As for my reasoning it was that the killing of an Alukite would be a big enough thing that it'd be mentioned somewhere even if it was indirectly. And I didn't think them invincible so much as I thought there were special rules involved like how a Winter Long may only die on their appointed time or how only the Dyad partners may kill each other or how Heart Long will not cease because the Hours promised it so. The requirement of an Hour isn't about power so much as it is about a higher authority.

The possible difference here is that (in an ideal scenario) the kill squad would be dropping on her immediately after she's ravaged herself by breaking her summoner's chains. And maybe that she is fully in the Wake instead of only partially being in the Wake while the majority of her luxuriates in the Grail Chapel like she would have in more Mansusy times.
She was not allowed in the Mansus at all, the fact she got in is itself a sign how bad things got. Ligeian very much where not allowed anywhere near the Mansus, Ligeian's being in the wake away from the power of the Mansus is where they are supposed to be.

Can you provide a WoG for that?
It was a long time ago, but I definitely remember that Wrong Keys work by destroying the binding of the Summon, which is what is keeping them in the Wake.

Same reason Ax would not heal from her injuries, that is not her real body, it like a reflection on the Wake. It why getting a Name's friendship is such a big deal, they invest enough to themselves into their summoning to be real, not a refection on the Wake from the Mansus.

She was not allowed in the Mansus at all, the fact she got in is itself a sign how bad things got. Ligeian very much where not allowed anywhere near the Mansus, Ligeian's being in the wake away from the power of the Mansus is where they are supposed to be.
side note, going PHYSICALLY from the Wake to the Mansus is supposed to be a BIG deal. I remember in CS there's a knock-route where you basically play a priest and become a Door through which your faithful can pass to reach the Mansus (though... actually does anyone know what they're supposed to DO once they're in the Mansus? Do they become Mansus beings?)

(though... actually does anyone know what they're supposed to DO once they're in the Mansus? Do they become Mansus beings?)
I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the kind of thing where what they expected and what they get was probably very different things. :V

Mostly just because I'm trying to imagine a bunch of mortals showing up in the Mansus not by their own merits, and wondering why they wouldn't be immediately very dead when things that did earn their way take offense at their presence. It's not like most things in the Mansus aren't highly competitive and extremely dangerous.

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like the kind of thing where what they expected and what they get was probably very different things. :V

Mostly just because I'm trying to imagine a bunch of mortals showing up in the Mansus not by their own merits, and wondering why they wouldn't be immediately very dead when things that did earn their way take offense at their presence. It's not like most things in the Mansus aren't highly competitive and extremely dangerous.

yeah, I didn't think much of it at the time, but in hindsight... we know there's plenty of dangerous things even in the very safest parts of the mansus.

In fact, the weirdest and least believable thing in Cultist Simulator is how you basically are not allowed to get in any real danger in the Woods I think. Closest to it would be you can get moth 2 influence, which degrades to restlessness, which degrades to Dread.

And yet we KNOW that some Hours reside in the woods, and sometimes Hours from Nowhere visit too. And then there's probably other creatures there as well.

THat said, AT LEAST when you visit the Woods in game it's just your "dream-self". There's an argument to be made that you're safe-ish because you can always just wake up.

But if suddenly a group of unequipped humans ended up there... They better pray they end up in the Orchard of Light, because ANYWHERE ELSE and they're fucked.

Just imagine if they somehow ended up near the Ascent of Knives or the Red Church (no idea if that's even possible as they'd be bypassing more than one door that way)...

Now that I have woken up enough to decompress for a moment, and to read through this lot... here is a few questions! Or, thoughts? Revelations? Things I think should be remembered.

Princess Luna. Not Luna, not Selene... is in Velvet's house. She is there. Visibly. Physically. Others can see them. I don't quite know how deep the trust is with the maids and so on in the manor, but it is a tall order to have them all say silent on that fact. What with Celestia being... how she is being right now.

Add to that that now that Princess Luna is... you know... there... any even passing attempt at scrying, or searching, or hunting via any of the magics mundane and otherwise, actually have someone to track onto? Well, she will be found quickly.

So while there are many many inevitable questions and concerns and ideas and thoughts and so on about her...
She can no more hide. And I don't think she would want to? Less certain on the second half, more certain on the first.

Either way, good morning.

The Hours probably hang out in the deepest parts of the Woods that are, if not actively protected somehow, probably still harder to get to than casual effort can manage. like, going higher in the Mansus requires high levels of Lore, but those levels tend to be in a very different Lore from the Principles of the Woods. Presumably you need high Moth or Heart specifically to get in deep in the Woods specifically.

Princess Luna. Not Luna, not Selene... is in Velvet's house. She is there. Visibly. Physically. Others can see them. I don't quite know how deep the trust is with the maids and so on in the manor, but it is a tall order to have them all say silent on that fact. What with Celestia being... how she is being right now.
I'm going to assume Velvet gave most of her staff a day off or something, because that's an easy problem to predict.

Otherwise SOMEONE would have already seen Luna, and we'd have had the moment ruined.

but yes, Luna is now back, which means we need to decide quickly what the next move is, be it reveal the selene-to-Luna thing, having Luna call Celestia here, have Luna go to Celestia instead, having that meeting be the sisters alone or Velvet at her back...

and we have no idea how much we're going to reveal. Hopefully Luna has a good plan and EVEN MORE IMPORTANT a good read on her sister's likely reaction

Honestly, I'm kinda curious how she's gonna get to Celestia in the first place. Like, is she just gonna show up to the Palace gates and let her Alicorn parts speak for themselves? Will she just fly in to Celestia's quarters and say hi? Maybe she'll make a dramatic showing out of raising the sun while in Canterlot's town square and let Celestia come to her. Or maybe they have some form of magical communication from when they were kids.

There's gotta be some way to make it clear she's back, right?

I don't think we will be able to tell her how to talk with Celestia, it feels like our job is just to choose what to tell her and then she uses the information by herself.

But yeah Luna is gonna need a lot of luck dealing with Rage Sunhorse.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm kinda curious how she's gonna get to Celestia in the first place. Like, is she just gonna show up to the Palace gates and let her Alicorn parts speak for themselves? Will she just fly in to Celestia's quarters and say hi? Maybe she'll make a dramatic showing out of raising the sun while in Canterlot's town square and let Celestia come to her. Or maybe they have some form of magical communication from when they were kids.

she can just, you know, lower the moon.

I'm pretty sure Celestia will notice.

Or maybe she can just teleport inside the palace.

Getting Celestia's attention will definitely not be the hard part. Not even convincing her she's the real Luna, I think Celestia will just know.

The difficult part will be after, depending on what the conversation is going to be like.

I had a thought.

With Copper and other threats looming about, we want to keep our family safe and under guard. Biedde can likely do that once he's summoned, but we might also want to ask the Name to undergo other actions such as expeditions. Unless Luna can do something, we'll likely be using Fluttershy's action to ask for Comet's help. However, if we plan to use Comet as a guard often in the future, taking an action to talk to him next turn might be important for the long run.

Honestly, is there any point in arguing over power levels of all things? We're not playing a realtime board game here, we can't try to preordain the perfect situation where we might be able to take on one of the highest beings currently alive.

Lets move on to other topics.

Personally, this isn't a scenario that I expect nor want to see, but i find it funny imagining how this will be explained to the general public.

"No trust us, this is definitely the real Luna this time. How do we know it's not another changeling? It's not. Why won't we let you question Celestia on the topic? she doesn't want to be interrupted. Yes, again. Listen, are you really so sick of having kneecaps-"

So, you go down the stairs. A curious glance towards the windows of the entrance hall reveals that the sun is about to rise. But still, you have more than enough time for this.
I sort of think as soon as the Sun rises, Celestia will know that her other Half has returned. But we'll see!

A dramatic eclipse of the sun!

You are the daughter, and you…

… you actually do not know what that means.

Did you exist before, or did you just come into being?

Are you asleep right now, or did you just wake up?

Did you… did you just die? Or is this the first time you have been alive in oh so long?
I'm rereading the Daughter's part again. Fourth time.

I admit it took me until the second time to actually realize that, since the very beginning, we're seeing the discussion between Selene and the "old" Luna from the point of view of the Daughter/dreamer that's about to wake up.

... I'll reread this again and then go to sleep. I really can't wait for the next update.

We Got confirmation everything went well, and that's great... but I'm now so impatient and anxious to see what our plan with Celestia is, and what Luna's opinions are!

...I'm not even sure how much I want to tell her.

Part of me wants to go "absolutely everything" Another part would rather we didn't.

We probably want to tell her of the cult, of the Master, and of how he's now dead. But then there's the question of how to explain our killing such a dangerous being without explaining the WOLF.

We kinda HAVE to explain Axe and Baldomare I think, Selene knew them and Luna will understand they're more than they look. Worse, we might need to explain Mareinette.

then there's putting what she knows of the Worms in perspective... Deciding if and what we want to share of what we know of Harmony (not much) and Glory (a fair bit more)...

Do we even want to tell her we plan to kill Discord? I'm pretty sure Luna hated him at this time, so she likely wouldn't be against it per se, but there's the problem of "would she trust Velvet with the power we'd gain from reaching the Glory?

...honestly, likely yes. Daughters tend to trust their mothers with power. But she's grown up, now, and grown up sons and daughters understand that their parents are not perfect.

CELESTIA certainly wouldn't trust us with the Glory if she understood that... but then again, Even if we revealed those magics to the Bureau, to Luna, to Cadance... that does not mean we have to teach Celestia, or that Celestia would be interested in them.

...so many questions... we'll see what options we have soon, and it can never be soon enough.

But what if I tell you it is about to be posted?
...I'd be conflicted between asking you to hurry up and just shutting down my PC and going to bed.

I kinda have to work in the morning... but now I won't be able to go to sleep :eek:

...Can you give me an idea of how long it should take? if it's less than an hour I can just wait, if not I really REALLY should go to sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Back