• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

Okay, was thinking a bit more, and updated my outline a bit

Followers (9 AP)

- Detectives: Threats from outside
- Constables: Changeling follow up
- Commissioner: Increase Bureau loyalty

- Summon DoA

1) Selene: Learn her abilities & privileges
2) Mareinette: Get us more bits (without murder, abduction, or bringing suspicion on us)
3) Guard our home -> Change to "Fluttershy: Ask Comet Feet to guard our home"
4) Reflection of the Tapestry (Frangiclave) (Most likely: Baldomare)
5) Reflection of the Tapestry (manuscripts & other evidence) (Most likely: Jade)
6) Beneath the Royal Castle, Part 2. Apply gift to cost if DoA leads (Most likely: DoA)
7) Prepare Jade's house (again) -> Change to "Destroy the evidence found by RotT" (Most likely: Selene)
8 & 9) Cover your bases (Most likely: Rarity + Servants)

This may be me being paranoid, but I would rather the evidence is destroyed as soon as possible, with the constables going around investigating the changelings as a kidnapping ring. And you know who's been kidnapping people? Copper. And possibly also Windy, we don't exactly know what he's been up to.

Velvet (4 + 1 - 1 AP)

- AotL: Outsider search
- Forge: SH3
- Social: Filthy Rich -> Change to "Level up Jade"
1) Read books (Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book)
2) Calling of Influence; sacrifice SH3 reagent
3) Outsider search
4) SH Sacrament

Estimated Bits:
  • Start of Turn: 16 + 160 (income) + ~40 (Rarity) = ~216
  • Costs:
    • -45 (SH3 reagent)
    • -30 (CoI)
    • -60 (RotT x2)
    • -20 (BtRC, DoA leading, gift applied)
    • Total: -155
  • End of Turn: 216 - 155 = 61
  • Est. Start of Turn 20: 61 + 160 (income) + ~40 (Rarity) = ~261 (~361 + ? if we use her commission on T20)

As much as I would like to social Filthy Rich, I do want to make sure that Jade has enough Lantern to punch through any potential wards Copper might have.

Alternatively, if we decide we don't want to spend the bits on the CoI, but still want to focus on progressing toward long-term goals:

(Edit: Remembered that Mareinette can do social actions for us)

Followers (9 AP)

- Summon DoA

2) Mareinette: Get us more bits (without murder, abduction, or bringing suspicion on us) -> Filthy Rich social in our stead
3) Guard our home -> Change to "Fluttershy: Ask Comet Feet to guard our home"
5) Reflection of the Tapestry (manuscripts & other evidence) (Most likely: Jade)
6) Beneath the Royal Castle, Part 2. Apply gift to cost if DoA leads (Most likely: DoA)
7) Prepare Jade's house (again) -> Change to "Destroy the evidence found by RotT" (Most likely: Selene)

Velvet (4 + 1 - 1 AP)

- Forge: SH3 -> Change to "SH2, to be used on non-Baldomare RotT"
- Social: Filthy Rich -> Change to "Level up Jade"
2) Calling of Influence; sacrifice SH3 reagent -> Change to "Outsider search"
3) Outsider search
4) SH Sacrament -> Change to "Search the Mansus for somewhere to bring Outsider blood"

Estimated Bits:
  • Costs:
    • -20 (SH2 reagent)
    • -60 (RotT x2)
    • Total: -100
  • End of Turn: 216 - 100 = 116
  • Est. Start of Turn 20: 116 + 160 (income) + ~40 (Rarity) = ~316 (~416 + ? if we use her commission on T20)

Anyways what do people think of subbing in the Edge 3 artefact instead making a reagent?

What about selling off the useless stuff we have like low level books, artefacts and reagents?
For the Edge 3 artifact: Not unless we acquire an equal or better leveled one. Once we get Frangiclave, Jade will be able to summon MitLs for us with minimal investment between her native Lantern (probably Lantern 4 at that point) and the Lore bonuses from the Edge 3 artifact and Frangiclave. If Beneath the Royal Castle Part 2 ends up having like, an Edge 4 artifact tucked away somewhere though, then maybe.

I don't think we can sell books, since they don't have an appraised price like the artifacts, but the only appraised artifacts we have are actually useful for us. We might be willing to sell on the Knock 2 artifact, but we don't know what it does (might be useful and we want to keep it) or its appraised price because we haven't studied yet. And I uh, don't know if we can actually sell reagents? Maybe if we found like, an alchemist or something.

Last edited:
I am a little worried about our own odds of raising Filthy to Good Friend (as opposed to Mareienette's). We haven't actually talked to him in a year, I'm not sure the single AP from us will do it. I'd much prefer Mareinette who is a social monster (in multiple senses of the word) because I think that guarantees getting him to Good Friend.
It's not like we're spending AP on it just the free social. If we can't do it we'll just use the turn 20 one too.
We're at 93% with an Edge 4 reagent (83% with Edge 3) and the Knock 2 artefact! That's pretty damn good!

Biedde can guard amazingly well (and I wonder if he might do so for free). We can also just… send him to attack Copper if we want.

Names are very good to have.
They are but do we need to have him this turn. If not we can just summon in turn 20 when we'll have bits for it because currently with only the two RotTs, influence call and reagent creation on the docket we don't.
Hahahaha I was wondering about this. It is nice to have the get out of jail free card, and it's a big boost to our followers to have a good artefact in each area… but 45 bits is non-trivial.
Now this may just be famous last words but…I honestly don't think we'll need it.

If we're attacked at home then Velvet will not retreat I believe Bird made that quite clear, we can't be attacked at work and neither is it possible to do so in transit.

That only really leaves the Mansus or an expedition and we're either bringing Names or only sending Names to the latter.

1 – Stormchaser's "Away/At Home" mechanic is no longer in effect.

Explanation: This just didn't feel interesting mechanically, and would require too many narrative loops to be interesting as a story. So, it's getting canned. Velvet lives and dies by attacks against either her person, a combat in an expedition, or an attack against her household where she will always be present. No need to separate your defenses, unless it is specifically noted that a certain character will be alone/exposed and needs individualized protection.
nice. it was indeed a bit of a headache mechanically.

I mean, it also feels a bit unrealistic. It's not like when he's at home he's ALWAYS at home. same for Velvet. she could be at work during an attack for example.

At that point just go for simplicity if you can't get enough realism.

From now on, you will be able to ask your followers to "Cover your bases" (better puns involving the word "Covers" are welcome). This is a generic action with the following effect:
They can "Cover" for Velvet. Simple and Clean pun :V

As you can see, the price starts at two followers, and increases by one per extra action.
do the servants count as followers here too? Because yeah, something like Servant + Fluttershy for a cheap action is nice.

Rarity and Jade actually have actions worth doing on their own, though at times "sacrificing" their actions too would be worth considering.

Can we also use the summons' actions for this as well? Obviously a Windigo or Risen would not make much sense, but a Mare in the Light might.

Could we trade in theory 2 Luna actions for a Velvet action this way? Well, probably not now that she's training, but potentially later.

Here, I would be "forced" to assign Rarity to the action you chose (since it is an "exclusive" action). But as I look at the other options, I would assign Baldomare to search for books, and the "less useful" Fluttershy and Servants to giving you an extra action.
I like it. simpler.

Right now we probably want Axe to happen first though, and add an Axe action to this planning phase assuming she gets summoned?

Because although Selene just, uh… changed (and you should decide on a term to refer to that), she has not turned your entire life upside down. To your very great surprise, mind you.
she "grew up".

… it is just so weird to think of your adorable daughter giving you "royal tasks"…
We need to become a GOD before she becomes our boss, so we can still claim AUTHORITY :V

During this turn, the following Fleeting Opportunities will arise, that will require a quick reaction from Velvet:
-"Confront Comet Feet about his... service to the Master, involving Shining Armor."

I'm leaning yes. I want things to be clear between us, and ESPECIALLY to know if there's any other traps lying in wait.

And yeah, make it clear to Comet that we betrayed the Master, and maybe tell him that to the best of our knowledge she's dead for real now.

Non-contested summoning: Would you like to summon the Daughter-of-Axes before this turn begins?

-[] Axe, yes! (Costs one VELVET action)
-[] Axe? No.

(QM will assume you will succeed on your summoning, due to your current bonus. One Wrong Key, one Gift, and your latest Reagent will be used. Due to the nature of the sacrifices used, this will not cost any bits.)

Obviously yes!

-Velvet Covers MAY "plant evidence" in advance, in an already-explored expedition site or somewhere you direct the Bureau to go. Consult with QM for details, to write-in a Velvet action aimed at that.
not yet, but something to consider AFTER we've done the Canterlot Expedition.

-[] [DETECTIVES] Despite their friendly nature, ponies are capable of crimes just like any other intelligent creature. Have them investigate crimes at large, in the several cities of Equestria. (Less impactful in the grand scheme of things. But helps the Bureau keep a good image, and decreases the "tension" of the population at large, as the world becomes a worse place)
-[] [DETECTIVES] (FOLLOW UP) There are still changelings out there. Hunt them. Look for them, and for the ponies who colluded with them. (One of the chief expectations of the Bureau. Avert a future Catastrophe)
-[] [DETECTIVES] The dangers in the dark come from outside of Ponykind as well. Listen to the rumors. Study the myths. Look for the threats from without. (Search for Expedition Sites for your later consideration. Additionally, keep an ear on the ground for other "foreign" threats)
-[] [DETECTIVES] Nudge them in the… "correct" direction. Put them on the trail of one of your Opponents. (WRITE IN which Opponent. Sets the Bureau to investigate a pony you have a personal problem with)

Former constables, ex-Guards, defenders, one and all. They are not perfectly suited for investigations, but the Bureau needs muscles. And these ponies provide.

-[] [CONSTABLES] It is less paperwork for you if they just help with the investigations. (NO ACTION from the Constables. GAIN one VELVET action for the next phase)
-[] [CONSTABLES] (FOLLOW UP) Your detectives need to start breaking some very tough doors before they can start asking some very tough questions. Have your constables do what needs to be done.
-[] [CONSTABLES] Plan and execute a raid. Within Equestria, or anywhere else that is needed. (WRITE IN an Expedition, OR an Opponent the Bureau has investigated. The Bureau will attempt to perform the Expedition, or will assault an Opponent)
-[] [CONSTABLES] The Commissioner is just too important to leave unattended. Run security. (Adds two 3/3 health, "+15 Personal Combat" ponies as bodyguards, to GUARD your home during this turn.)

Of course, now that you have a better handle of this, you can find the time to pursue other endeavors while in Canterlot.

-[] [COMMISSIONER] Some of the ponies in the Bureau are figureheads. Get to know them better.
--[] Shining Armor, your Deputy.
--[] Beyond Reproach, your finest detective.
--[] Spend time with somepony else. (Discover, and talk to, another key figure)
-[] [COMMISSIONER] The Bureau is more than an institution, it is a gathering of dedicated ponies working towards a unified goal. Ingrain yourself with them. (Establish, increase, or salvage the loyalty of the Bureau towards you personally.)
-[] [COMMISSIONER] The Lunar Bureau is not the only recently-minted institution in Equestria. Try to contact the others.
--[] The Solar Court, and Fair Trial.
--[] Eclipse(?), and Midday Dew.
-[] [COMMISSIONER] Get your hoofs dirty. (Participate in the "Investigators" actions. And join the "Constables" in a raid/Expedition, if they are ordered to do a raid/Expedition)

For Detectives... should we in fact be worried about foreign threats? The Crystal Empire should be back soon and Celestia is in no shape to deal with it. Also the Storm King from the movie should be active and conquering right about now, and he WILL go for Equestria at some point (though probably late enough to not be relevant now).

There's also the Dragons. They should have the Gauntlet of Fire at some point, and there's no Spike to prevent a BAD dragon from winning and starting problems. and this ignores all other unknowns.

for Constables, we PROBABLY want to go with extra action. We just need it too much. As for security, it helps we have a Secret Luna on our side now, presumably she'd help. We're also about to resummon Baldomare, so she's there too probably.

For Commissioner action... we could try checking in on Shining, see if we can get him enough on our side to Reveal Luna to both him and Cadance and gain some very valuable allies. He's also using an horn prosthetic, so in theory we could heal his horn and as long as he doesn't use magic in public nobody would notice.

Alternatively I'm tempted to try and approach Eclipse/Midday Dew, and see if/what he's doing and maybe if he's met with Celestia recently.

I'm leaning Shining or extra action. Probably extra action, and we get to Shining through Cadance instead.

I'm thinking COMMISSION for Rarity.

Jade likely a scrying for the book, or potentially Memory of Light.

We'd probably give up Fluttershy and Servants for an extra Velvet action. Funny enough, this might write Fluttershy as narratively helping with the Comet talk...

Baldomare should scry for the Frangiclave.

Mareinette... no idea. Maybe a heart lesson, if we don't have anything else.

Axe should go on the Canterlot expedition now, and then we'll do Frangiclave the next.

For Selene, I'm leaning going for all the Realizations first, in the hope that next turn we can bring her to All 4 (which will ALSO give her +1 health and +5 general bonus). Indeed, she might be fully trained by the end of next turn

The only alternative I can think of is if we want to have her assist with a conversation with someone. Maybe organize a dream-meeting between her, Velvet and Cadance. Or see if she can help Twilight by treating her nightmares, or recruiting her on her own? But it's probably better to wait for that, and at least first talk to Cadance.

--[] [GUARD] You would very much like to keep this safe.
(Followers ordered to GUARD will always participate in combat if a foe, or some other faction, tries to attack you during this turn)
(Followers ordered to GUARD will NOT magically teleport to Velvet if she decides to start a combat of her own accord, in another narrative/mechanic situation, and they will not be present during combats that occur during expeditions.)
(If you are not attacked during this turn, any GUARD action taken will have no effect.)

Copper Secateur (possible location suspected)

--[] [COPPER] Send somepony to attack this opponent
--[] [COPPER] Send somepony to locate, or spy on, this opponent
--[] [COPPER] Perform a ritual aimed at this opponent (WRITE IN what ritual)
--[] [COPPER] Attempt to contact this opponent (WRITE IN what to discuss if successful)

I'll just point out that Selene is actually very well suited for both.

She can find Copper by exploring the dreams of people in Manehattan. Copper is a Grail Adept, she'll definitely provoke dreams of her from simps and adepts who have yet to awaken to the lores.

and of course as an Alicorn she's one of the strongest "combat" followers we have. Give her two turns and she'll be better than Comet., and maybe even of Comet with an edge 4 influence (mostly due to more health, raw bonus would be lower).

and now to catch up on the discussion

Right my outlines, hopefully the final ones:

AotL: SH for the Outsider Search
Forge free action to create a SH 3 reagent
Knock free action to explore path up to the White Door
Detectives to further search for changelings
Constables to do Paperwork
Commissioner action used to further Bureau loyalty
Free social to raise SL with Filthy
1 AP to summon DoA
1 AP to Comet Fleeting Opportunity
1 AP to call down Influence, use the SH 3 reagent here
1 AP to the SH sacrament action
1 AP to the Outsider search
Jade to scry for Lore related evidence against Velvet
Fluttershy to ask Comet to guard us
Rarity to take a commission
Letter to Steppes: No topic currently
Servants to repeat previous action
Leash on Filthy Rich
Baldomare to scry for Frangiclave
Marinette to infiltrate Copper's cult with strict rules of conduct
DoA to conduct Canterlot expedition part 2
Luna to train Winter and Edge

1 AP to explore the Mansus: Search the Mansus for a location to bring outsider blood to and visit the Malleary
Leash on Filthy Rich
Luna to spend 1 AP to train Winter and another to summon DoA

1 AP to read the 2 Forge books and the unknown book
Leash on Filthy Rich

Last edited:
I'll just point out that Selene is actually very well suited for both.

She can find Copper by exploring the dreams of people in Manehattan. Copper is a Grail Adept, she'll definitely provoke dreams of her from simps and adepts who have yet to awaken to the lores.
Who needs the Path Through Nightmares when you can just ask your adopted alicorn daughter to beat people up in their dreams directly? :V

Forgive me, but, the Frangiclave?

What is this? And is this something that Velvet would know would exist? I may have simply missed it's mention somewhere.

What is this? And is this something that Velvet would know would exist? I may have simply missed it's mention somewhere.
It's the "key that can only open" that DoA wants. The CS players pretty much immediately pegged it as probably being the Frangiclave, which is the most powerful Knock tool you can get in the game (would be a Knock 6 artifact here), and Bird has more-or-less confirmed it OOC.

Last edited:

DOA requires a "key that only opens" to break her chains. Most people generally assume this is the Frangiclave, the highest level Knock artifact from the base CS game since the description is very similar. There's always the chance it isn't exactly correct, but we've been using it as shorthand for DoA's goal anyways because it's easier to say.

Ah, thank you both for that info. I've not played the game, so I'm only aware of it as "The Key that only Opens"

In that case.... @Greymere I agree mostly with your plan. However, if we Cover our bases with Fluttershy and Servants, we can have Rarity accept a commission to get bits more effectively thane Mareinerte could (also isn't a write in action, so is more likely to be picked up by others). And, I would put finding the Frangiclave above finding our old manuscripts, as gaining loyalty with Ax is a resource we gain, rather than removing a problem that may or may not be found.

If we still want to guard the home, then Mareinette has her action free and is frankly a more terrifying guard than Comet. And I do feel we should use Selene to summon Ax rather than use our own action, as we can get more mileage from it.

Last edited:
And I do feel we should use Selene to summon Ax rather than use our own action, as we can get more mileage from it
Luna only has a 74% chance of success, unfortunately. That's a bigger risk then I'd like when the Cult is also likely to try summoning, and when we promised our brother she'd be back.

-snip

-Change the "Non-Contested summoning" vote. I just realized that Luna can summon DoA with very little risk (+20 general bonus, +30 on all relevant Lores, plus +50 for Knock due to Reagent + Wrong Key). And she is willing to surrender the bindings immediately (Confidante). So, add option of "Have Luna do it instead", which is preferable because it does NOT cost a precious Velvet action.

Were it not for word of QM, I would agree. But given the above? I do not feel it is a reasonable risk, especially since it is mentioned as uncontested summoning.
If, that however is sticking point, I will move on it.

Were it not for word of QM, I would agree. But given the above? I do not feel it is a reasonable risk, especially since it is mentioned as uncontested summoning.
If, that however is sticking point, I will move on it.
If Bird is willing to say Luna would be guaranteed to get the summon, then yeah for sure let's go for it. But practically speaking, 1 in 4 odds of failure isn't great compared to Velvet's guarantee.

(Luna has big bonuses, but not having a reroll available makes things a lot more dicey!)

Unless the Wrong Key is doing something funky, it shouldn't be guarunteed, but the Edge roll is, the Winter only needs a roll of 10, and the Knock only needs a roll of 20. We're all paranoid as fuck and like to absolutely minimize risk, but that's actually a really good chance for most people. Hell, Copper has to kill a bunch of her best ponies to even try and get that level of bullshit on a summon attempt. We're basically doing it for free.

If Bird is willing to say Luna would be guaranteed to get the summon, then yeah for sure let's go for it. But practically speaking, 1 in 4 odds of failure isn't great compared to Velvet's guarantee.

(Luna has big bonuses, but not having a reroll available makes things a lot more dicey!)
Agreed.
And given that I don't see anything in the current planning stages as needing that Knock re-roll, I am fairly comfortable with having Velvet do the summon otherwise if we are absolutely paranoid.
If we are comfortable with a smidge of risk, the Selene summon is recommended.

Last edited:
To be fair, a basic question should be asked of what Selene and Velvet would be doing instead, so we can measure that against the lowered chance instead of just a nebulous "moar AP."

Like, forget for a moment the chances of success. Just assume it's fine. Consider your plans for the rest of the turn, and ask yourself, "what one thing from Velvet would I like to add, and can Selene do that instead?" If the latter part is a no, then ask "is it worth a slightly lower chance of success".

Ah, thank you both for that info. I've not played the game, so I'm only aware of it as "The Key that only Opens"

In that case.... @Greymere I agree mostly with your plan. However, if we Cover our bases with Fluttershy and Servants, we can have Rarity accept a commission to get bits more effectively thane Mareinerte could (also isn't a write in action, so is more likely to be picked up by others). And, I would put finding the Frangiclave above finding our old manuscripts, as gaining loyalty with Ax is a resource we gain, rather than removing a problem that may or may not be found.

If we still want to guard the home, then Mareinette has her action free and is frankly a more terrifying guard than Comet. And I do feel we should use Selene to summon Ax rather than use our own action, as we can get more mileage from it.
The thing about the commission is that a) it automatically fails Rarity's career roll for that turn and b) it's very stressful on Rarity. Meaning that if we take a commission, the passive bits we will receive next turn will likely be greatly reduced, and we can't really take two in a row because it would be too stressful on Rarity. Or, to put it another way, we should really only be using the commission option if our planned expenditures for the turn would otherwise put us into the negatives. If we're doing both Frangiclave and summoning Biedde next turn, we'll want as many bits in storage as possible. And if it turns out we didn't need as many bits as expected? Well now we have more spare bits to go on other expeditions or summon lesser spirits (e.g. MitLs).

Also, in regards to the scrying, both Frangiclave and our manuscripts/other evidence would be getting scryed for in my plan/outline. Due to bonuses and optimization and stuff, it's pretty much guaranteed that the Frangiclave scry will go to Baldomare, and the manuscript/evidence scry will go to Jade.

And Selene, while she does have a pretty good chance at summoning DoA, unfortunately does not have rerolls yet. And it would kind of suck to have to try again next turn when we're also going to be trying to squeeze Biedde's summoning in alongside (hopefully) the Frangiclave expedition.

Last edited:
This might not be entirely comprehensive, since I just did a quick search for "plan" or "outline" and nabbed every plan or plan-like thing I found, but here's what's been suggested so far:

We are summoning the DoA. She's just too useful not to. Especially if Copper is prepping a summon push on us, since she can give us keys for bullying such creatures. Assuming she doesn't want to do the bullying herself. This is even more important if Copper's quietness is because she was prepping to summon Axe. I drive much joy from ruining such things, I must admit.

We are gonna have to take a Commission for Rarity, I think. We are pretty bit-starved all things considered, in practically all of our potential plans.

Especially since we should summon Biedde. Because the longer he's not summoned by us, the more likely he is going to be summoned by someone else. That would be really bad.

Marinette should either give us lessons, get us money, or go eat Copper. Unless Ash beat her to it.

Hopefully Ash brings us a useful gift and not an announcement that he got Daybreaker's phone number and that they talk about their mutual love of worldwide arson all day.

Fluttershy and Servants should give us another AP.

Selune should train, and maybe guard us.

Let Baldomare scry, unless we can't afford it. In such a case we should perhaps have her hit us with that sweet SH Influence.

Velvet: DoA, Read books, Biedde (after Forge 4), ??
Free Social: Teach Jade?

Then perhaps things look like...
Baldomare: Scry Frangiclave
Mareinette: Social Filthy Rich
Jade: Scry Level 5 book?
DoA: Keys? Knock Lesson? Canterlot expedition?
Servants/Fluttershy: Cover our Bases, unless we need Comet guarding (see Q3 below)
Rarity: Work/Commission if we need the money (depends on Rarity's roll).
Luna: Study/Maybe cover bases?
Lunar Bureau: Not sure... maybe Detectives + Constables follow-up, Commissioner visit Eclipse/Midday Dew

There's also a SH-heavy plan I can imagine:

Velvet: DoA, Call Influence, SH Sacrament, Search for Outsider, Search for High-Level Books (?)
(Might want to grab +1 AP from constables for another search action/sacrament if we have the reroll still?)

Follower phase(9 AP):
- Summon Axe
- Detectives: Investigate
- Constables: Nothing
- Comissioner: Midday Dew
- Rarity: Comission?
- Jade: A Memory of Light
- Fluttershy: Help with Comet?
- Baldomare: Get ger book
- Mareinette: Infiltrate Coppers Cult to get our manuscripts back?
- DoA: Canterlot expedition?
- Selene: Edge realization? and Guard our home?
- Clean Jade's house again?

Velvet phase(4 + 1 - 1 AP)
- Free Social: Teach Jade
- AotL: Grail for Comet.
- Comet's Fleeting Opportunity
- Read the Forge 3 books and the Edge 1(?)
- Edge 3 reagent

Followers (9 AP)

- Summon DoA

2) Mareinette: Get us more bits (without murder, abduction, or bringing suspicion on us)
3) Fluttershy: Ask Comet Feet to guard our home
7) Destroy the evidence found by RotT (Most likely: Selene)

Velvet (4 + 1 - 1 AP)

- Forge: SH3
- Social: Level up Jade
2) Calling of Influence; sacrifice SH3 reagent
3) Outsider search
4) SH Sacrament

Estimated Bits:
  • Costs:
    • -45 (SH3 reagent)
    • -30 (CoI)
    • -60 (RotT x2)
    • Total: -155
  • End of Turn: 216 - 155 = 61
  • Est. Start of Turn 20: 61 + 160 (income) + ~40 (Rarity) = ~261 (~361 + ? if we use her commission on T20)
Followers (9 AP)

- Summon DoA

2) Mareinette: Filthy Rich social in our stead

Velvet (4 + 1 - 1 AP)

- Forge: SH2, to be used on non-Baldomare RotT
2 + 3) Outsider search (x2)
4) Search the Mansus for somewhere to bring Outsider blood

Estimated Bits:
  • Costs:
    • -20 (SH2 reagent)
    • -60 (RotT x2)
  • Est. Start of Turn 20: 116 + 160 (income) + ~40 (Rarity) = ~316 (~416 + ? if we use her commission on T20)
Followers (9 AP)

- Summon DoA

Velvet (4 + 1 - 1 AP)

- Forge: SH2, to be used on non-Baldomare RotT
2 + 3) Outsider search (x2)
4) Search the Mansus for somewhere to bring Outsider blood

Estimated Bits:
  • Costs:
    • -20 (SH2 reagent)
    • -60 (RotT x2)

1 AP to summon DoA
Leash on Filthy Rich
Luna to train Winter and Edge
1 AP to explore the Mansus: Search the Mansus for a location to bring outsider blood to and visit the Malleary
Leash on Filthy Rich
1 AP to read the 2 Forge books and the unknown book
Leash on Filthy Rich

Last edited:
Twilight? Twilight? Twilight???

It's a tragedy, but any plan that relies on Twilight is not a plan that has much going for it.

I quite agree, but any plan involving using the Elements of Harmony together would require her. so I can see why she is popping up again.

I don't mind revealing that.

But I want to make one thing very clear-
2112047.jpg

Credits: Art by "Radiancebreaker", available publicly, taken from "derpibooru.org"
-the implications of the gift would have been the true impact, rather than the gift itself. And those implications, being the true result of the vote, are something I won't talk about.

Edit: ach, seems this was too elusive, I apologize. This may have been a hyper-specific reference too focused on the pony show.

This is an artifact from an episode called "Between Dark and Dawn". It was given to Twilight by Celestia and Luna, as they went on vacation (this is an episode from the very last season) and it has a very specific purpose.

Given that all the options were explicitly a positive, I'm going to say that this would be a sign that Celestia was gaining the upper hand over her alter ego, even if her solution would seem to be to recuse herself.

Agreed.

We also really need to keep an eye on Twilight because if Celestia's plan is to be sealed by the Elements she can't find out about Twilight's mental state, that definitely would be enough for Daybreaker to win. I know it was said we wouldn't do anything but in this case it might be the only option we have.

You're assuming Celestia doesn't already know. Just leave Twilight alone for now. It would be actively detrimental if Twilight found we were still meddling in her life.

Well, we saved Luna. First mistake is undone! :D
Now to fix the second Mistake.... and save Celestia.
Then fix the Thrid Mistake and save Twilight (and figure out what to do with Spike being dead).

Man, if that becomes a theme I'll laugh- as Velvet might Ascend through fixing her mistakes. lol.

Spike is easily solved. We can just gift Twi a Risen Spike and finish the job of breaking her entirely. 😇

If it ever becomes known that Selene and Princess Luna are one and the same, I think Cherilee and our family in Canterlot might legitimately have an existential crisis.

Edit: Actually, maybe not Velvet Hill. He might explode from the sheer indignity from his all-but-disowned daughter not only being favored by the royal alicorns where he and the rest of the Velvets have not, not only did she get specially selected by Celestia for an incredibly high-ranking government job, but she's also now the adopted mother of the Princess of the Moon (who is technically her boss).

Last edited:
True, also I remember 4 would be filly Celestia(Ainé).
"remember"
Is that a fan theory or confirmed by word of bird?
...do cultist still have a Dream Door? If so, we could have a dream-meeting with Copper.

Just imagine Velvet showing up with Luna "Hey Copper, I recruited Luna like the late Master wanted!" :V
"Also, it seems a certain Mansus creature tried to trick us into fighting. Were the rituals at [] and [] yours?"

Also, can you imagine if next SH sac attempt Velvet walks in on alicorn form Luna?
"Hy mom!" [otherVelvet.exe has stopped working]
There's also the Dragons. They should have the Gauntlet of Fire at some point, and there's no Spike to prevent a BAD dragon from winning and starting problems. and this ignores all other unknowns.
Yeah, in that situation a BAD dragon would be a real pain in the ass.

The thing about the commission is that a) it automatically fails Rarity's career roll for that turn and b) it's very stressful on Rarity. Meaning that if we take a commission, the passive bits we will receive next turn will likely be greatly reduced, and we can't really take two in a row because it would be too stressful on Rarity. Or, to put it another way, we should really only be using the commission option if our planned expenditures for the turn would otherwise put us into the negatives. If we're doing both Frangiclave and summoning Biedde next turn, we'll want as many bits in storage as possible. And if it turns out we didn't need as many bits as expected? Well now we have more spare bits to go on other expeditions or summon lesser spirits (e.g. MitLs).

I agree on needing the spare bits for what is to come. Though, I personally hedge my bets on needing an expedition to try for the Frangiclave, which is why I say the commission. The passive bits we will get next turn will be reduced, but I expect the expenses we accrue to be such that either this turn or the next, we will feel we should take the commission action. Whether the need is for expeditions, Biedde's summoning, or something else, the costs are there. Given that Rarity will, the month after taking a commission, likely be focused on her work, it would make sense to do that on a turn where we already are protected of otherwise planning on reinforcing our position. Like, summoning Biedde.

Or, if you are still uncertain, a different route. Spending Mareinette on acting in Velvets steps to "juice" a commission might work. Velvet is already someone who has been known to be the contact for Dame Rarity. Having "Velvet" speak and use her force of personality to speak to the commissioner .... If you want to supercharge the bit gain, that could work.

But, as for the scrying, I simply missed your previous statement, so no issue there.
And as for the summoning, it seems the fear of failing is high, so I will concede it.

If it ever becomes known that Selene and Princess Luna are one and the same, I think Cherilee and our family in Canterlot might legitimately have an existential crisis.

Edit: Actually, maybe not Velvet Hill. He might explode from the sheer indignity from his all-but-disowned daughter not only being favored by the royal alicorns where he and the rest of the Velvets have not, not only did she get specially selected by Celestia for an incredibly high-ranking government job, but she's also now the adopted mother of the only one of the three remaining alicorns that she didn't receive favor from.
Man, Hills would fucking die. IIRC he didn't even pay attention to her adoption, so the moment he connected the dots would be beautiful to see. Meanwhile, Steppes is off to the side laughing his ass off.
"remember"
Is that a fan theory or confirmed by word of bird?
Uh… there was something on that list that ended with Aine, but it sure as fuck wasn't number 4.

Let me put it this way, we would not have been happy about it.

I agree on needing the spare bits for what is to come. Though, I personally hedge my bets on needing an expedition to try for the Frangiclave, which is why I say the commission. The passive bits we will get next turn will be reduced, but I expect the expenses we accrue to be such that either this turn or the next, we will feel we should take the commission action. Whether the need is for expeditions, Biedde's summoning, or something else, the costs are there. Given that Rarity will, the month after taking a commission, likely be focused on her work, it would make sense to do that on a turn where we already are protected of otherwise planning on reinforcing our position. Like, summoning Biedde.
Imo, there's no real benefit to doing the commission this turn vs. next turn. We get the bits in time for Frangiclave/Biedde either way, and doing it next turn means we have a greater chance of getting Rarity's normal (or better) bit amount for this turn's career roll vs. definitely lower than average.

Uh… there was something on that list that ended with Aine, but it sure as fuck wasn't number 4.

Let me put it this way, we would not have been happy about it.
The Aine thing on the 0 or below result was, iirc, a joke that Bird made.

Last edited:
I invite you to consider Lady Coule's actions, and what might happen from a Solar entity commiting them. How was the Wolf born again?
A dead Celestia and a new demigod(dess) of pain and misery incarnate wreaking havoc across Equestria does not sound like a fillified Celestia to me :V

…Grey. Friend. My pal.

The Wolf wasn't the only result of the Intercalate.
Yeah I know, but like, the Solar Hours existed pre-Intercalate as their own thing, you know? They were Names, not Hours, but they were definitely independent entities. I don't think Celestia secretly has a kid that will ascend to Solar Alicornhood upon her death laying around somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back