• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

One option that we don't use is theft and such. Another is to use grail or other lores to get high paying job. We would have been fine with other starts, just would have started working on getting more money

And even with that it likely would have taken us much longer to reach income where we are now which is why easy expeditions and free Mansus ones could have filled some of those gaps. I stand by my point you are overestimating our potential return on investment for time spent. If we had acted on this earlier in the game it would be one thing, but I think it'll take longer then you expect to be truly useful at this point.
If you are truly committed to this, it's better to just toss Mareinette at him next turn.

And even with that it likely would have taken us much longer to reach income where we are now which is why easy expeditions and free Mansus ones could have filled some of those gaps. I stand by my point you are overestimating our potential return on investment for time spent. If we had acted on this earlier in the game it would be one thing, but I think it'll take longer then you expect to be truly useful at this point.
If you are truly committed to this, it's better to just toss Mareinette at him next turn.
What if they are morally opposed to tossing Mareinette at people in that fashion, or they'd rather nab some Heart stuff to get closer to All-4?

Speaking of Filthy Rich,

But also, it's been over a year in-universe since we last properly interacted with him, and we weren't particularly close in the first place. I just kind of feel like having Filthy Rich and Velvet's relationship be more professional/business-related going forward would make more sense at this point, since that's what we'll be wanting to do with him anyway, so we might as well be honest about what the basis of the relationship is.

Edit: @OurLadyOfWires Is that something we can do? Have our Friend-Good Friend-Confidant relationship chain be more business-related/pragmatic than our other Confidants so far? Even tho the relationship plot hook we have is regarding his family troubles. But also that plot hook was given over a year ago in-universe :V
@OurLadyOfWires not sure if you just missed this ping or decided not to answer, but yeah.

Actually, speaking of Filthy Rich and his family, I'm kinda curious how things are going with Silky's group of friends in the background like Diamond Tiara. Last I remember they were pretty much just doing business as usual, but the story is also starting to enter the second half of a second year in-universe. How long are they meant to be in school for? When are the Crusaders gonna get their cutie marks, assuming that hasn't been derailed by now?

It's very minor details, but I still wonder sometimes.

Last edited:
What if they are morally opposed to tossing Mareinette at people in that fashion, or they'd rather nab some Heart stuff to get closer to All-4?

Then I think you'll be disappointed by what you get out of it. You personally might not be cause I think I remember you being also interested in befriending the pony's of Ponyville in general, but I think those just focused on the bits will be.

Also, man, the idea that Velvet could end up with a higher Edge Level than Comet soon is absolutely wild to me. Like, his health still means we get nuked in a straight fight unless the Sacrament is total bullshit, especially since he keeps a shitton of AotLs at all times IIRC, but technically speaking, Velvet would be better at Edge.

I guess even the Enforcer will, eventually, lost out to the Loremaster. :V

How long are they meant to be in school for? When are the Crusaders gonna get their cutie marks, assuming that hasn't been derailed by now?
1. They are like pre-teens so a long while. If you meant something like summer break that is harder to tell, there is also the fact the only other school we saw them going to in canon was Twilight's so it is complicated.

2. Season 5 ep 18 was when they got their cutie marks and we are at late season 2 at the moment, at least I think so.

Considering Silky interfered by trying to make the Crusaders and Diamond Tiara(and Silver Spoon) friends and the reason they got their cutie marks in canon was helping Diamond Tiara realize the potential of her cutie mark, the PtN ritual making history change to be divergent from canon and everything else... Probably.

But it was also heavily implied that situation had Harmony playing a part in it due to the simultaneous aquisition of the Crusaders cutie marks and just like the Royal Wedding happened despite everything(and maybe it went even better than canon, considering no one tried to take over Canterlot, kidnap the bride and take her place or use mind control on the groom, that happened before the wedding so it doesn't count) they could still get their cutie marks.

Excuse me? There very much was brainwashing of the groom.
That is very much a thing that happened.
Oh, I know(and I'm still angry about that) that is why I said:
that happened before the wedding so it doesn't count
Velvet merely "pulled" on Shining Armor's Leash to make him propose so the wedding technically didn't have mind control, the proposal definitely did but the wedding itself did not(or we wouldn't have gotten the "A Royal Wedding, filled with Love and untainted by any evil" thing).

How nice to see regrettable actions that aren't extremely tempting for once, we might actually survive!

Now, all this about Filthy. Why?

Bits, sure. But why? He is not the only way to 'em, and (personally) it's a dead end for interesting story.

Even if the others had no benefits at all, I'd much rather have us social literally anyone except maybe the Mayor.
And it increasingly feels like whoever gets to posting first dictates which way the vote swings. And the conversation around the options runs in circles.

I'll admit that I'm far more interested in the narrative than the gameplay here, but it feels a bit... Stale? Compared to earlier.

Bits, sure. But why? He is not the only way to 'em, and (personally) it's a dead end for interesting story.

Well if I had to hypothesize, one of our biggest ongoing expenses is all of these reagents we keep making to help our (frankly ridiculous) solo rituals along. Getting up to Good Friend or better with Filthy could possibly get us a "friends and family discount" on general bulk goods purchases and the like. So not only is it bits, but it's bits in a very specific way that, Applejack for example, couldn't do as well.

As to things staying interesting, I'm confident in Bird's ability to turn straw into gold.

Here's a tally. apparently "Betterer Biedde" has a decent lead (11 votes vs 7 of second place), with us actually creating THREE Reagents, summoning Biedde with two of those (and having a cheap SH 1 one for Jade's scrying... couldn't we have made an SH 2 at that point?), and exploring the Red Church.

We obviously don't know for certain what we'll have Biedde do, but an Edge influence is a real possibility, ESPECIALLY if the Edge Sacrament Biedde offers is something we could feasibly do right after reaching the Edge Cap (which takes us exactly the 2 scraps an influence would give).

Yes, as mentioned before, there's a non-zero chance we could get two sacraments next turn, if we went for it. Technically speaking, there's even a small chance of THREE.

1) Baldomare Influence + 2 SH Sacrament actions could unlock SH.
2) Biedde influence brings us at Edge Cap, and we MIGHT ideally get lucky there
3) We're one scrap away from Knock cap.

And while we're not there yet in terms of scraps, we know how to get Lantern from Baldomare (reach lantern cap, then use a Baldomare action AND give her 2 Mares in The Light for a short expedition), and Personal Winter (90 bits, 3 actions, 3 random deaths, and we can start it even before reaching the winter cap)

...We might very well get a Sacrament per turn if we focus on it. Though admittedly the Frangiclave expedition, with it likely taking 3 of Velvet's actions, makes that less likely. I suppose we could send Selene and Axe instead, and leave Velvet behind? But I kinda wanted to make it a family expedition with all three of them, or at least both Axe and Covers...)

Vote Tally : Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience | Page 69 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 2124-2346]
##### NetTally 5.0.6

Task: 【NONE】
— Voters: 25

[X] Plan Betterer Biedde
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3, Knock 2 Edge 1, SH 1
—[X] Gift used on Knock 2 Edge 1 retroactively
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[X] (Social) Level up Jade
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Knock 2 Edge 1 reagents
--[X] To be performed on an inconspicuous place, located by Baldomare
-[X] Fleeting Opportunity: Comet Feet
-[X] Study: Forge 3, Forge 3, Mystery Book
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes
--[X] Explore the depths of the Ruined Church
No. of Votes: 11

[X] Plan Mapping the Wastes
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about any rumors and general perceptions of us, Fair Trial, and our respective institutions, among both nobles and the commonfolk.
-[X] (Forge) SH2, for Jade's RotT
-[X] Summon a Mare-in-the-Light
-[X] Explore the Mansus (x2)
--[X] Find a new location in the Ashen Wastes (3x)
--[X] Any overflow from exploring the Ashen Wastes should go to finding a new location in the Shattered Stairways
No. of Votes: 7

[X] Plan Sacrament
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) SH3, for The calling of an influence
-[X] (Steppes) ask what's the general opinion about you and the Bureau among nobles and common ponies alike.
-[X] "The proper things, in the proper manner, in the proper order. God help us all." (Perform a Ritual)
--[X] "The calling of Influence" (Secret Histories)
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Explore the Red Church
--[X][MANSUS] Tarrying in the Wastes is always a poor idea… but there is no other way to discover what this place holds. (Search for a new area)
-[X] These are the skills that allow you to climb the Mansus. (Actions towards your possible Sacraments)
--[X] Attempt, even if foolishly, to untangle the webs of the Secret Histories
---[X] Investigate your current skills. To try to understand them, if nothing else. (Current progress 1/3) (THIS IS A DANGEROUS ACTION)
No. of Votes: 7

[X] Plan Betterer Biedde (no hubris)
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3, Knock 2 Edge 1, SH 1
—[X] Gift used on Knock 2 Edge 1 retroactively
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Knock 2 Edge 1 reagents
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Find a new location in the Shattered Stairways
No. of Votes: 5

[X] Plan A Cheaper Beckoning of Biedde
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about Manehattan, what he encountered there, its neighborhoods, anywhere we should avoid if we were to visit!
—[X] (A little bit of direction if we were to send someone there)
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Wrong Key
-[X] Explore the Mansus
-[X] Social Filthy Rich
No. of Votes: 4

[X] Plan A Cheaper Beckoning of Biedde (no hubris)
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about Manehattan, what he encountered there, its neighborhoods, anywhere we should avoid if we were to visit!
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Wrong Key
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Find a new location in the Shattered Stairwells
-[X] Social Filthy Rich
No. of Votes: 4

[X] Plan Business and Light without Comet
-[X] (AotL) Grail
-[X] (Leash) Filthy Rich
-[X][LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one
-[X] Talk to Filthy Rich
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.
No. of Votes: 2

[X] Plan Wake and Dream
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] Search Canterlot for the Outsider (Progress: 0/200)
-[X] Explore the Mansus
No. of Votes: 2

[X] Plan A Better Beckoning of Biedde
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 3, Edge 2 (-1 AP)
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 3 and Edge 2 reagents
-[X] Explore the Mansus
No. of Votes: 1

[X] Plan A Costly summoning of Biedde
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] (Forge) Edge 4
-[X] (Leash) Filthy Rich
-[X] Summon Biedde
--[X] Sacrifice Edge 4 and Wrong Key
-[X] Explore the Mansus
-[X] Social Filthy Rich (RotT for lvl 6 book search instead if Jade fails her action)

[X] Plan Bright Mare Hired
-[X] (AotL) Edge(Comet Feet)
-[X] (Steppes) Ask about our reputation and how to make a more positive impression aka how to make sure ponies don't think we are a monster again(but not with those words)
-[X][LEARN] "Unknown Ritual – A Memory of Light" Step one
-[X] Explore the Mansus
--[X] Explore the Red Church
--[X] The place where the Mansus was struck. You must explore it.

[X] Plan Business and Opportunities with Edge
-[X] (AotL) Edge
-[X] Social Filthy Rich
-[X] Explore the Mansus

[X] Plan Plan Betterer Biedde

[X] Plan the most Charming Mare.
-[X] (AotL) Heart
-[X] (Steppes) ask what's the general opinion about you and the Bureau among nobles and common ponies alike.
-[X] Summon Biedde
-[X] Summon A Mare in the Light
-[X] Explore the Mansus
-[X] Social Filthy Rich
-[X] Leash Filthy Rich.

Total No. of Voters: 25

There's also the possibility of the Moth sacrament — we're one scrap away. We sorta need a new confidant for that, and Filthy seems more useful than Cheerilee…
And it increasingly feels like whoever gets to posting first dictates which way the vote swings. And the conversation around the options runs in circles
I dunno this really doesn't feel accurate? There have been discussions about Velvet's plan all week, a few different options bandied around, the interest in Biedde only settling recently.

How nice to see regrettable actions that aren't extremely tempting for once, we might actually survive!

Even if the others had no benefits at all, I'd much rather have us social literally anyone except maybe the Mayor.
And it increasingly feels like whoever gets to posting first dictates which way the vote swings. And the conversation around the options runs in circles.

I'll admit that I'm far more interested in the narrative than the gameplay here, but it feels a bit... Stale? Compared to earlier.

Three reasons.

First, some of the questers feel we should have socialed Filthy long ago and this debate about socialing Filthy comes up every time we start discussing bits. All of the supposed rewards are speculative but he is the richest pony in Ponyville. Though I would laugh if we brought him in and his troubles involve his wife spending all his money keeping up appearances leading to him being cash poor.

Second, half the plans posted involve socialing Filthy, though I don't think the leading plans actually have that as an option.

Finally, with summoning Biedde likely to win we have spent all of our money again, leading back to point one.

The interest in Filthy Rich is that he is a business pony in a town that is undergoing rapid growth and development, who probably knows about all sorts of prospects. Legal prospects to boot! And maybe some (such as I), just want to see what Bird can do with the character.

Plus it's just good to have friends. I like seeing them in scenes, and they don't seem to be even mentioned in the narrative until they get higher up in the friendship rankings.

I agree with spiderhellion and in fairness the votes to social Filthy Rich haven't gained a lot of traction. I get how it seems like people are arguing over minor details, but in fairness this turn is relatively tame. There's no major immediate threats as of yet, there's a list of stuff that needs to get done in the next few turns, and we're mostly arguing about what order to go in until something big comes up.
I honestly think to an extent Velvet has outgrown Ponyville. Doesn't mean the ponies there can't be useful or narratively interesting, but I don't know that we'll get the same benefits we would have if we had done so earlier in quest.

-[The Benefits of the Mother]: "Give me their scent, Mother. Tell me your will. The ashes will consume them until only the flavor of their bones remains."
[TO BE LEARNED AT THE BEGINNING OF TURN 19]
I just want to remind everyone that this goody and/or consequence is coming soon :V!

Howdy! While it has been a few years since I took my psych courses, I can still offer a bit of insight.
Wait, the mechanics and actual progress of the story at the moment? Pfft, nah. That's how it's gonna be and how it is. I'm talking insight on the feels for stuff.

The easier one to address is the "first post dictates the swing" feeling. Which, has credence! Specifically, it's called the Anchoring Effect! It's when people tend to give more credence and weight to the first bit of information they become exposed to. Namely, as it's part of a shortcut in the brain to change your focus. Combine that with some good old Decision Paralysis, and bam! Gold. Because, if you are presented with a dozen dozen options, like on planning turns, your brain kinda freaks out. It has to make a lot of decisions and weigh a lot of options around quickly, so it looks for something to latch onto. So, when someone goes "Well, here's an idea" the brain latches onto that pretty fast and goes "oh thank goodness, a framework I can work off of."

Amusingly, this also applies with the order of information provided! For example, when we were deciding follower actions, look back over the example choices. While there were a good many options given, sure, the ones that people spoke and argued about? Well, they were ones all focused around how we spent the Bureau Actions... because they were the first actions listed. The first thing we found, so the rest of it? Sure, you might have a strong opinion on say what Rarity might do. But the Bureau actions? Oh, those were the important ones! Because... those were first.
Neat!

As for things feeling like it is stale? Well, we aren't discovering new facets of the world. If you want to think of the style of it... the first bit of the story was an Exploration story. Everything was new, fresh and exciting! Because, well, it was discovering new things! Or, if not new, new to Velvet, and presented with flair and drama enough that it was exciting!
Now? If you want to keep that same sort of style comparison, it has become more of an Investigation story! Sure, we are still exploring things, and trying to find new things... but it's much more directed. Aimed even! Towards Glory one would even say! So if you are more looking for the fascinating and fantastical? Well, it's less likely to crop up, because we are looking inside more bounded horizons. Looking for something, not just... looking.

Dunno if any of this matters or is useful in anyway, but! It's something I felt someone might like to know.

I just want to remind everyone that this goody and/or consequence is coming soon :V!
I wonder if we'll get to see murder grandpa give our good boy a pat on the head? :V

Though speaking of murder grandpa, I do wonder what he'll think of Velvet, especially with how quickly we're moving. She only found him in turn 18, is now summoning him almost immediately, and might even go straight for an Edge Sacrament in turn 20. Given how he's said to move slowly and carefully, it might be interesting. Also with Velvet being a Scarred mare, there's some interesting connotations there.

I also really want to see how he interacts with the other Names as well. They're all really old monsters, of course, but a lot of them act really differently. The DoA is like a bratty teen, and with them both having Edge I'm kinda expecting a Name level Boomer vs Zoomer conflict. Baldomare will probably get along with him as the two "old people", even she pokes fun at his actions because Lanter and Moth interactions. Marinette… I kind of expect her to try to seduce him—of course—while he just barely restrains himself from murdering her on the spot. Which only makes it spicier for her.

And the. There's Selene, who isn't a Name, but still a very notable presence in the house. It would be hilarious if she really does adopt him as a sort of grandfather figure, despite the fact that Biedde is almost definitely a mass murderer. She actually gets along with the monsters surprisingly well, and they both understand the threat of the Worms more than most.

I was debating abstaining from this vote, because I really don't have a strong preference for one plan over the others. Thinking aloud:
  • The Comet Feet Fleeting Opportunity I felt strongly about including, but all the leading plans include it, so there is no need for me to vote based on this. I was hoping it would have an option to get him on our side (by telling him we're not with the Master), but the QM seems to have a more confrontational read on it. Still, I'd regret not engaging with him while we have the chance.
  • Improving followers is something I also feel we could be neglecting. When I play a game with "capital expenditures"/investments like these, I tend to go all in as soon as possible so as to reap the rewards later. Social on Jade is good, but I half wish there were at least one fringe plan that did two follower training actions (excluding Selene) instead of Social on Filthy Rich, or that Social on Filthy Rich were more popular.
  • Summoning Biedde I feel ambivalent about. A few factors: (1) Since we are presumably far ahead of anypony else in climbing the Mansus, my assumption is that we don't really fear someone else summoning him first before we get to him, though we can't know for sure. (2) There is really no way to tell if Copper will or won't attack us; all we have is speculation. My gut feeling (which is just a feeling) is that it's best to cautiously assume nothing will happen, and to handle Copper more reactively/focus on our constructive goals. It would be really funny if Copper has been dead for a month already, and we just have no idea. The thread really doesn't like the intel gathering actions, probably because the reward is so uncertain. (Tangent: I've noticed this (understandable) bias against uncertain rewards quite a bit in our decisions. Like, there was no chance of the thread picking the Celestia gift wedding reward because we had no idea what it was at the time. Ugh, I'm actually a little sad about that, despite not regretting the Outsider location reward we got.) (3) I would rather focus on locking down the Names we already have, and keeping some bits in reserve for a rainy day. I haven't run the numbers myself, but I am willing to trust the thread's opinion that it won't bankrupt us.
  • The sacrament I don't really see as more important than our other priorities. We have a lot of smaller, more certain wins, when the sacrament is one big task that we might have to keep redoing and whose reward is still uncertain. Yes, Velvet's version of a sacrament is probably more interesting than a Name's, but I kind of wish we did Baldomare's SH sacrament (which isn't as dangerous?) and called it a day, if it would've actually been easier. Do we need to AotL some relevant lore or get an influence for it to be even worth attempting this turn? I might be ok with taking some risks if they are proportionate risks; like, as a vague feeling, my (fudgeable) limit is probably 66% or better chance of success, 33% or less chance of taking damage. Not sure what the actual probabilities would be of a "fast but risky" approach though.
this turn is relatively tame. There's no major immediate threats as of yet, there's a list of stuff that needs to get done in the next few turns, and we're mostly arguing about what order to go in until something big comes up.
I am thankful that we have a chance to breathe. There's been less mention of "AP hell" recently. Selene's +2 follower actions (which we'll make full use of after training is done in a couple turns) is a nice boon.

All that being said, my vote will be an approval vote that mainly expresses the preference to defer pursuing Velvet's sacrament.

[X] Plan Betterer Biedde
[X] Plan Mapping the Wastes
[X] Plan Betterer Biedde (no hubris)
[X] Plan A Cheaper Beckoning of Biedde
[X] Plan A Cheaper Beckoning of Biedde (no hubris)

Last edited:
It is worth at least considering where we could get other supplemental income from besides Filthy, I think. Because for as much as he's one of the richest ponies in Ponyville, our plot thread with him is entirely unrelated to Ponyville's development or investments. Yes we could still use him for Moth Confidant in that case, but we'd still be at square one re: find another major ongoing source of bits. Which, I say that, but my only real thoughts on that is like, maybe an Oriflamme auctioneer or something? Since if we're going to be going on more expeditions, eventually we're going to run across something that is interesting but useless for Lore stuff and/or artifacts who's unique properties aren't worth keeping around when we're short on bits. Maybe an auctioneer confidant could even evaluate artifacts for us the same way that Jade can do some Velvet-specific research actions.

I kind of want to RotT "a new contact that can help us get more (legal) supplemental income" at some point. Mostly just to see what Bird would come up with :V

It is worth at least considering where we could get other supplemental income from besides Filthy, I think.
Legal is definitely the big constraint here. Legal moneymakers take time and drawn out effort, which Velvet doesn't have a ton to spare.

I sorta wish we could get in on all the Ponyville growth but I have no idea what that looks like.

Are we currently able to sell things? We are right? I have no clue how that works.

(And no matter what, we're never going to not be bit constrained. If we wanted that, we should have taken 500 bits last turn… though it wouldn't have lasted forever either.)

Last edited:
You know, I vaguely remember there being an idea at some point—before leaving the cult IIRC—to basically send DoA out to find and loot a bunch of criminals in Manehatten or something purely for bit acquisition. Can't remember how viable it was, but maybe we could revisit a similar plan now that we've got more Names.

Hell, we could probably let Marinette loose on criminal activities as long as we stipulate acceptable targets.

You know, I vaguely remember there being an idea at some point—before leaving the cult IIRC—to basically send DoA out to find and loot a bunch of criminals in Manehatten or something purely for bit acquisition. Can't remember how viable it was, but maybe we could revisit a similar plan now that we've got more Names.

Hell, we could probably let Marinette loose on criminal activities as long as we stipulate acceptable targets.
Equestria probably has like, gambling right? Even if it's not legal. I'm not sure how good Mareinette would be at cheating at games of chance, but she probably has enough Grail to convince everyone else not to worry about it.

Or find some asshole noble who she can scam bits out of.

Last edited:
Equestria probably has like, gambling right? Even if it's not legal. I'm not sure how good Mareinette would be at cheating at games of chance, but she probably has enough Grail to convince everyone else not to worry about it.
Games of chance… hmm. Honestly that feels more like an SH or Moth check. Maybe Edge if there's strategic leanings to the game. On the other hand something like poker or blackjack where card counting is possible would totally be a Lantern thing.

Grail is probably better for things like grifting, scams, and being a high class escort, if that's even illegal in Equestria. I could see it being used for bluffing in a game or just talking someone into surrendering or something.

Games of chance… hmm. Honestly that feels more like an SH or Moth check. Maybe Edge if there's strategic leanings to the game. On the other hand something like poker or blackjack where card counting is possible would totally be a Lantern thing.
So we should send Baldomare to cheat at cards and Biedde to rob the gangs, got it :V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back