• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Esquestria: The House of the Sun - A pony cultist experience

No, no. Send Axe to rob the gangs, hitting their storehouses and stuff. We send Biedde to mug the asshole nobles causing problems. :V
No, see, Biedde's not for something as simple as mugging nobles, his Lores are for breaking and entering! So clearly he should just steal all their jewelry and other valuables while Mareinette sells them on the black market :V

Last edited:
Baldomare to find the goods, Biedde and DoA to get them and Marinette to fence. I mean that could work, it could work very well. Wonder how much cash we could get for 4 Names doing illegal stuff.

…would we need to hide it? Like would it come up in an audit or something if we start spending this kind of money.

No, see, Biedde's not for something as simple as mugging nobles, his Lores are for breaking and entering! So clearly he should just steal all their jewelry and other valuables while Mareinette sells them on the black market :V
Eh, Edge is better for direct confrontations than breaking and entering. Moth does help for the latter, but really you want Knock. And if both DoA and Biedde are breaking and entering, I'd rather send Axe after the nobles and Biedde after the criminals, since the former probably has better locks and stuff, while the latter are more likely to end in a fight.
Baldomare to find the goods, Biedde and DoA to get them and Marinette to fence. I mean that could work, it could work very well. Wonder how much cash we could get for 4 Names doing illegal stuff.

…would we need to hide it? Like would it come up in an audit or something if we start spending this kind of money.
I mean, most of it is going towards ritual stuff or expeditions, which Velvet probably buys with cash anyways. At worst some servants might get suspicious if she's getting their help with acquisition and they notice she has more on hand than usual.

Also who really has the authority to audit the Commisioner of the Lunar Bureau?

Actually no, better idea. Find an appropriate criminal organization, then send DoA to raid their warehouses while Biedde breaks into the VIPs' houses and steals all their stuff. Two for the price of one!

Last edited:
> find a wealthy criminal organization

I mean.

:V
And it all circles back around to "just rob Copper blind" huh? With the side benefit of "can't do shit against us if you have no bits" :V

Edit: Do you think we could give Copper Dread by having Biedde just move her furniture around every night?

Last edited:
And it all circles back around to "just rob Copper blind" huh? With the side benefit of "can't do shit against us if you have no bits" :V
Not to mention, if they're hitting the homes of VIPs, why not just grab Copper and/or Neighnia? Maybe kill the likely much more heinous individuals who weren't restrained by a Master focused on staying undetected or the much more peaceful and generally nicer town that is Ponyville.
Edit: Do you think we could give Copper Dread by having Biedde just move her furniture around every night?
Probably not. Whenever we find Windy on the other hand… :V

Last edited:
Not to mention, if they're hitting the homes of VIPs, why not just grab Copper and/or Neighnia?
Tbh I kind of want to keep Copper alive until we decide what we're doing w/ our Lantern Sacrament. Since, if we're planning on eventually killing her anyway, why not get a Sacrament out of the deal while we're at it?

Tbh I kind of want to keep Copper alive until we decide what we're doing w/ our Lantern Sacrament. Since, if we're planning on eventually killing her anyway, why not get a Sacrament out of the deal while we're at it?
Personally I have zero interest in the personal Lantern Sacrament, but sure. Just make sure to build a prison under Jade's house if you want to keep her alive.

Personally I have zero interest in the personal Lantern Sacrament, but sure. Just make sure to build a prison under Jade's house if you want to keep her alive.
I don't really have strong opinions on which Lantern Sacrament we take, tbh. If we decide we want to do Baldomare's Sacrament instead, I'm fine w/ Biedde just assassinating her in her sleep or something. Just pointing out Copper as a potential way to get our personal Sacrament if we want to get it without killing someone we weren't already planning on killing.

Not to mention, if they're hitting the homes of VIPs, why not just grab Copper and/or Neighnia?

Given that Neighnia is literally a painting, It would honestly be hilarious to send someone off to just steal her outright. In all realism though she's probably not that helpless and would likely object very strongly to the attempt. Still be funny though.

Speaking of Neighnia though, I wonder if Copper dies if she would take command of the cult? She might be more amenable to a "you leave me alone, I leave you alone" kind of deal, since it's not like she has any kind of personal vendetta against us (unlike Copper).

Edit: "Hey Neighnia, if, hypothetically, your summoner suddenly died of knife to the neck, would you be totally cool with our factions mutually ignoring each other so we can actually make progress on what matters, i.e. stopping the Worms and reaching Glory?"

Last edited:
Edit: "Hey Neighnia, if, hypothetically, your summoner suddenly died of knife to the neck, would you be totally cool with our factions mutually ignoring each other so we can actually make progress on what matters, i.e. stopping the Worms and reaching Glory?"

Honestly, as the last Name of The Elegiast she might not even want the Glory anyway. From what I recall she has her own agenda that almost certainly wouldn't intersect with ours at all save for Copper's insistence. Come to think of it, I wonder what The Elegiast is up to at the moment anyway, if any of the Hours were still around it would be him, it's in his nature to remain and record and remember.

Last edited:
Btw Ro, are you selecting text color as "black" after doing Lore coloring instead of default (the eraser)? Because your text after you have a Lore-colored word shows up as a very dark gray on dark mode which makes it a bit difficult to read.

I was doing that thing, seems I've lernt something new today. I'll go ahead and fix it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Amusingly, this also applies with the order of information provided! For example, when we were deciding follower actions, look back over the example choices. While there were a good many options given, sure, the ones that people spoke and argued about? Well, they were ones all focused around how we spent the Bureau Actions... because they were the first actions listed. The first thing we found, so the rest of it? Sure, you might have a strong opinion on say what Rarity might do. But the Bureau actions? Oh, those were the important ones! Because... those were first.

I'm not sure I agree.

I recognize the anchoring effect, sure, but I think we gave a good amount of focus to everything worth discussing, really.

It's just that some things were more obvious to pick then others. No point in arguing much about Baldomare's actions when she basically HAS to scry for Frangiclave (or, as the only other real alternative, give us an SH Influence IF we're willing to go the Sacrament way this turn).

Mostly there were only two or so alternatives worth considering for any category, really.

Changeling or +1AP
Changeling or foreign threat/Expedition site.
Baldomare scrying for Frangiclave, or SH Influence to work on sacraments.
Scrying for lvl 5/6 book or for manuscripts leading to us.
Summon Biedde or Summon Mare in the Light

In most cases we had a "this or that" choice, really, with clear rival options.

As for things feeling like it is stale? Well, we aren't discovering new facets of the world. If you want to think of the style of it... the first bit of the story was an Exploration story. Everything was new, fresh and exciting! Because, well, it was discovering new things! Or, if not new, new to Velvet, and presented with flair and drama enough that it was exciting!
Now? If you want to keep that same sort of style comparison, it has become more of an Investigation story! Sure, we are still exploring things, and trying to find new things... but it's much more directed. Aimed even! Towards Glory one would even say! So if you are more looking for the fascinating and fantastical? Well, it's less likely to crop up, because we are looking inside more bounded horizons. Looking for something, not just... looking.
This is definitely true. We started knowing NOTHING, now we're more of mid-game and at least KNOW where we're going, if only partly so.

We have clear short term objectives: Sacraments, Names, Summons.

We have a clear mid-term objective: assist Luna with Daybreaker

And We have a clear long term main objective (Outsider), with a couple secondary long term objectives that are less important but still worth pursuing (Memory Of Light path, Tower of Moon path), to keep our options open and hopefully find more tools and sources of power if something goes wrong with main path

(Also, you know, I still think that once we get through the Tricuspid it's not over. Mostly because I'm assuming that Forge and Sun might still be there, OR that it won't quite make us an Hour, as in the game it kinda seemed to me that the Tricuspid it's NOT the closest point to Glory, as Name Ascensions got even closer by crossing the Mansus doors using keys.

...uh. Now I'm wondering if AFTER crossing the Tricuspid, if we still have Mareinette on our side, there will be some kind of follow-up quest about the Key of Days...

I wonder if we'll get to see murder grandpa give our good boy a pat on the head? :V

Though speaking of murder grandpa, I do wonder what he'll think of Velvet, especially with how quickly we're moving. She only found him in turn 18, is now summoning him almost immediately, and might even go straight for an Edge Sacrament in turn 20. Given how he's said to move slowly and carefully, it might be interesting. Also with Velvet being a Scarred mare, there's some interesting connotations there.

I also really want to see how he interacts with the other Names as well. They're all really old monsters, of course, but a lot of them act really differently. The DoA is like a bratty teen, and with them both having Edge I'm kinda expecting a Name level Boomer vs Zoomer conflict. Baldomare will probably get along with him as the two "old people", even she pokes fun at his actions because Lanter and Moth interactions. Marinette… I kind of expect her to try to seduce him—of course—while he just barely restrains himself from murdering her on the spot. Which only makes it spicier for her.

And the. There's Selene, who isn't a Name, but still a very notable presence in the house. It would be hilarious if she really does adopt him as a sort of grandfather figure, despite the fact that Biedde is almost definitely a mass murderer. She actually gets along with the monsters surprisingly well, and they both understand the threat of the Worms more than most.
Selene would indeed understand the importance of Biedde's role, considering he's keeping guard over a group of Worms. That's worthy of respect no matter anything else he might have done or still does.

And yeah, Selene is kind of Name-tier, really. Well, Name SUMMON tier, not real Name.

Name's general bonuses seem to go +30, with a specialty at +50, Except Mareinette which is FULLY here and has instead +40 and +60.

Selene has, once trained, a +30 general bonus, which is explicitly superhuman (superpony?)

Names seem to go One Lore at 6, and another one at either 6 or 3.

Selene has Four lores at 4, and we could potentially have Axe and Biedde raise her Knock and Edge to 5 later on, and MAYBE Winter too if we get Neighnia on our side. She also has mysterious dream/night powers which I think will become more impressive later on.

mh... I wonder. Biedde is only Moth-3, but it's kind of implied that Names are "holding back", seeing how the Master was actually at Moth 7 all 5 when not holding back.

So, is there any chance that, maybe after getting Edge Sacrament, we might ask him if he knows of a way for us to achieve Moth Sacrament (without going for our personal Moth)?

I suspect another possibility for Moth Sacrament might still be in the Ashen Wastes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it now was... regrettable

• The Comet Feet Fleeting Opportunity I felt strongly about including, but all the leading plans include it, so there is no need for me to vote based on this. I was hoping it would have an option to get him on our side (by telling him we're not with the Master), but the QM seems to have a more confrontational read on it. Still, I'd regret not engaging with him while we have the chance.
We've been explicitly told that the "HOW" we're approaching him, and what we're saying, comes later.

Right now we're just deciding IF we're talking to him at all, or just ignoring the problem and leaving things as they stand.

Admittedly the Edge AotL (and possibly influence) would make things more confrontational... but that's kind of the only language Comet speaks with anyone except MAYBE Fluttershy, so it's not necessarily a bad thing.

To an Edge Cultist, every conversation is a duel of words, a verbal sparring match.

...I'm still wondering if we might eventually offer him sacrament.

• Improving followers is something I also feel we could be neglecting. When I play a game with "capital expenditures"/investments like these, I tend to go all in as soon as possible so as to reap the rewards later. Social on Jade is good, but I half wish there were at least one fringe plan that did two follower training actions (excluding Selene) instead of Social on Filthy Rich, or that Social on Filthy Rich were more popular.
I was seriously considering teaching Rarity too, really. Then again, more Mansus or Biedde also make a LOT of sense, so I'll live.

• Summoning Biedde I feel ambivalent about. A few factors: (1) Since we are presumably far ahead of anypony else in climbing the Mansus, my assumption is that we don't really fear of someone else summoning him first before we get to him, though we can't know for sure. (2) There is really no way to tell if Copper will or won't attack us; all we have is speculation. My gut feeling (which is just a feeling) is that it's best to cautiously assume nothing will happen, and to handle Copper more reactively/focus on our constructive goals. It would be really funny if Copper has been dead for a month already, and we just have no idea. The thread really doesn't like the intel gathering actions, probably because the reward is so uncertain. (Tangent: I've noticed this (understandable) bias against uncertain rewards quite a bit in our decisions. Like, there was no chance of the thread picking the Celestia gift wedding reward because we had no idea what it was at the time. Ugh, I'm actually a little sad about that, despite not regretting the Outsider location reward we got.) (3) I would rather focus on locking down the Names we already have, and keeping some bits in reserve for a rainy day. I haven't run the numbers myself, but I am willing to trust the thread's opinion that it won't bankrupt us.

We're a bit ahead of Copper, but we don't quite know by how much.

Mostly I think we have a turn or two of leeway, but it also depends on if Comet got to meet Mareinette first and thus learn of the dangers of the Church, or if she only visited AFTER Mareinette "left".

as for attack... well

Turn 16: MASTER sends an EiB against us and, presumably, a PtN against Copper.
Turn 17: We fall for it, and send a PtN against Copper just as she sends an EiB against us. Our PtN is very explicitly "not our best work".
Turn 18: nothing.
Turn 19: we KNOW she's not sending a ritual attack. We don't know if she's doing anything else.

I think there's three most likely possibilities now.

1)She went mad and is either recovering her sanity OR no longer an imminent threat
2)She spent last turn building up a "strike force" to hit us with, seeing as how a NAME RITUAL didn't work.

If we're in 1, we're safe.

If we're in 2, I'm expecting her to send some cult thugs AND most likely Windigos, in an "all-in" approach to her Velvet problem. After all, HOW did we survive? WHY haven't we finished her last turn? Are we currently vulnerable after "barely" surviving the EiB? Are we preparing to make her pay?

There's a minor chance she believes we died and have been replaced by a Changeling, but I think it's fairly unlikely.

So, I think there's a decent chance she might attack us this turn. Having Biedde can help with that, either by having him guard us or, EVEN BETTER, Edge influence on us getting us ready for Edge Sacrament while ALSO giving us a +40 in case of combat (and, potentially, helping with Comet).

• The sacrament I don't really see as more important than our other priorities. We have a lot of smaller, more certain wins, when the sacrament is one big task that we might have to keep redoing and whose reward is still uncertain. Yes, Velvet's version of a sacrament is probably more interesting than a Name's, but I kind of wish we did Baldomare's SH sacrament (which isn't as dangerous?) and called it a day, if it would've actually been easier. Do we need to AotL some relevant lore or get an influence for it to be even worth attempting this turn? I might be ok with taking some risks if they are proportionate risks; like, as a vague feeling, my (fudgeable) limit is probably 66% or better chance of success, 33% or less chance of taking damage. Not sure what the actual probabilities would be of a "fast but risky" approach though.

SH Sacrament can't benefit from AotL. We roll "Knowledge" bonus, so there's nothing to boost. Only way we have to improve our odds there is an SH Influence, basically (and having influences or rerolls for the other lores can probably help with getting scrap rewards from those, but that's less important).

So, our best chance is to Get Baldomare's influence (another +40), take one sacrament action, then IF WE HAVEN'T USED THE REROLL try for another sacrament action so we don't have to retake Baldomare influence the following turn.

This is, mathematically speaking, our best course of action.

Oh, technically there IS another way to improve our odds, but it's not really viable: We'd need to find an SH Artifact that's lvl 5 or better. I suppose we could try to scry for one? "The Strongest SH Artifact in Equestria"?

But even an SH 6 artifact would "only" give us a +20, and I don't think we can afford it right now.

...uh, I had a thought. If we get the Frangiclave soon, and in the worst case scenario of "Frangiclave gets destroyed to free Axe" (which might not happen, but it has been a potential cost), We might want to rush the following

1)Study Frangiclave (to be able to use it)
2)Axe Sacrament (Frangiclave presumably can be used to help, giving us a +20)
3)Only THEN sacrifice the Frangiclave for Axe (hopefully it's not necessary).

oh, @Steady Gaze , about acceptable risks for sacrament... well, our current worst case estimate is that the DC goes up by 20 each time, peaking at 150.

We roll...

[SH Sacrament – First Step, cd 110]

[Roll: 61 + 14 (Learning) + 40 (Secret Histories Level 4) = 115]

[Success]

+54 (with reroll).

With Influence, that's +94.

So, at the highest possible DC (150), we need a 56 (and have a reroll).

And if we didn't have a reroll left, we'd likely delay the last sacrament action to the following turn, which means we need another Baldomare influence to assist us.

It is worth at least considering where we could get other supplemental income from besides Filthy, I think. Because for as much as he's one of the richest ponies in Ponyville, our plot thread with him is entirely unrelated to Ponyville's development or investments. Yes we could still use him for Moth Confidant in that case, but we'd still be at square one re: find another major ongoing source of bits. Which, I say that, but my only real thoughts on that is like, maybe an Oriflamme auctioneer or something? Since if we're going to be going on more expeditions, eventually we're going to run across something that is interesting but useless for Lore stuff and/or artifacts who's unique properties aren't worth keeping around when we're short on bits. Maybe an auctioneer confidant could even evaluate artifacts for us the same way that Jade can do some Velvet-specific research actions.

I kind of want to RotT "a new contact that can help us get more (legal) supplemental income" at some point. Mostly just to see what Bird would come up with :V
If we start getting enough stuff from expeditions, we could probably ask Steppes for "I have stuff I want to sell, can you find me a buyer?" and offer him those minor artifacts and reagents and anything we don't need we found.

He IS the "Facilitator" after all. He could probably get us buyers for the Knock 2 artifact, for example. Though we need to find out what it does first.

That said, we're actually not badly put in terms of bits.

We earn 160 per turn from our job, and a bit above 50 from Rarity. That's around 210 bits per turn.

THEN there's Rarity's commission, which is likely going to be a MINIMUM of 100 bits every 3 turns, and if we really need it we'll likely occasionally risk 2 commissions in a 3-turns timeframe.

Finally, the most expensive actions for us are Reagents and Name summoning. Baldomare and Axe are hopefully going to become "permanent" soon (well, Baldomare extended through books from expeditions, which close enough), so the resummon-costs should go down a bit.

As we get more artifacts, we can use them to help in rituals and have those rituals done by our Followers, and we can afford using fewer reagents in general.

And last, If we start doing more expeditions we'll get more than we pay for in loot, and as mentioned before we could eventually try and sell this loot through Steppes. HE Knows of the auction, after all, it was in the nat100 SH roll event! Didn't he actually buy us the Lantern 6 book there?

Just the Knock 2 Artifact should be worth 100 bits, actually, once studied. and if we find "useless" reagents, those can also be sold (and we don't really know their market value, we only know our production costs, which is not quite the same)

(And no matter what, we're never going to not be bit constrained. If we wanted that, we should have taken 500 bits last turn… though it wouldn't have lasted forever either.)
I still like Rarity pick more. She's happier, and 500 bits is basically 4 commissions worth of bits (maybe less if we teach her again and consider the raise to her normal income as well).

You know, I vaguely remember there being an idea at some point—before leaving the cult IIRC—to basically send DoA out to find and loot a bunch of criminals in Manehatten or something purely for bit acquisition. Can't remember how viable it was, but maybe we could revisit a similar plan now that we've got more Names.

Hell, we could probably let Marinette loose on criminal activities as long as we stipulate acceptable targets.
Biedde and Axe could definitely get us a lot of loot, yeah. Funny enough we might risk acting against Our Uncle this way though.

Or Copper's cult.

There's also a small chance of the Bureau ending up involved, but we can probably nudge her to look another way.

> find a wealthy criminal organization

I mean.

:V
Imagine her reaction if she found out we acted against her NOT because we considered her a threat, NOT because she's dangerous and "evil" and has to be stopped...

but because we needed a guilt-free source of money

Velvet might be Copper's sworn enemy and "True Rival". but I don't think Velvet looks at it the same way :V

eh, Lantern Sacrament is easy, just go for Baldomare.

the cost is basically 2 Mares in the Light and 1 Baldomare action (and we might even get the Mares back if we're lucky, AND still get their action on the turn we give them to Baldomare).

If I had to guess for Sacrament Powers, Velvet's would be an evolution of her touch-reading, possibly being able to apply it to people to "read their past".

Baldomare mentions that "I'll teach you every language", so... no longer need to roll for deciphering any book? That admittedly saves a lot of time and effort on book research/study.

Okay so I re-watched "The Cutie Map" and had a rush of memories related to the Tree of Harmony, the Elements, Twilight's castle and of course the Map itself, that kinda make me realize something obvious: Harmony may not exactly be in Equestria yet.

No, no. Hear me out first. The first confirmed sign of Harmony we have is the Tree, it was planted by the Pillars and a while after their disappearance Celestia and Luna found the Elements in their first forms and used them to defeat Discord.

When Celestia sealed Nightmare Moon the Elements became inert, while the battle against the Pony of Shadows gives an explanation(the Elements being used to banish instead of purifying) I think it may be a little deeper than that, after all an Alicorn got corrupted and removed from the planet, that could have blocked Harmony from interacting with the world properly since Luna(who was connected to half of the Elements) was out of the game. While that may be reaching a bit, most if not all of Harmony's feats were done by those connected to the Elements and since they only work when used together it would be impossible for them to be of any use, so Harmony decided that for the next 1000 years it would work on something else.

That is when the Mane 6 appear, they were the new bearers(and also incarnations) of the Elements and coincidentally meet as a group the very same day Nightmare Moon breaks out of her prison.

Go forward a little till Twilight finds out about the Tree of Harmony and the Chest is opened, giving them enough strength to overpower Tirek(who had the magic of 4 Alicorns and most, if not all, of Equestria). That is the moment I believe Harmony arrived in Equestria, because what else could contest that much power?

The Map is another proof of Harmony being present in the world in a different way since it now guides the Elements directly by calling them to solve problems across Equestria and it expanding to cover places outside Equestria and calling other ponies and even Spike makes it seem like it is closer than it was in the past.

Of course everything I said can also be seen as "Harmony got stronger so it became capable of just doing more" but it trying to reach the Wake to fully become a part of it feels like a nice plot point to me and it also explains why the Dreamlands didn't overtake the Mansus. Because if the Mansus and the Wake are one why isn't Harmony a part of the Mansus since it is part of the Wake?

Last edited:
(Also, you know, I still think that once we get through the Tricuspid it's not over. Mostly because I'm assuming that Forge and Sun might still be there, OR that it won't quite make us an Hour, as in the game it kinda seemed to me that the Tricuspid it's NOT the closest point to Glory, as Name Ascensions got even closer by crossing the Mansus doors using keys.

Well there's always my suggestion of a Moth-mantling usurpation of the old Lore paradigm, which would be the most purely Moth thing we could do really. Call it a long-term goal, a Temptation of Harmony, if you will. We have been missing something like that...

The thread really doesn't like the intel gathering actions, probably because the reward is so uncertain.
I did want to summon an MitL this turn and have her RotT evidence for us, hell I still want to use Biedde's action to scout out Copper instead of popping an Influence.
The area past the Tricuspid Gate is the closest to the Glory and it is where the Hours decide the golden band of the Future. To become an Hour/Name requires one physically ('legally' I suppose would be the best approximation) enter into the Mansus. Names do not enter into the Mansus closer to the Glory they just enter it in another way.
I suspect another possibility for Moth Sacrament might still be in the Ashen Wastes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it now was... regrettable
Okay that's a cool effect how'd you do it?

Last edited:
The area past the Tricuspid Gate is the closest to the Glory and it is where the Hours decide the golden band of the Future. To become an Hour/Name requires one physically ('legally' I suppose would be the best approximation) enter into the Mansus. Names do not enter into the Mansus closer to the Glory they just enter it in another way.

Lantern Longs explicitly already live in the Mansus, don't they? They're actually the only Longs I remember from CS that do that, and I think someone somewhere argued they're sort of mini-Names in nature just because of that.

but yeah, I suppose that could be seen as the difference. Entering physically vs only in a dream...

...but now that you mention it, that actually makes it clear what the NEXT step might be!

Once we've reached the Glory with our dream self, we'll need a way to actually visit the mansus for real, with our physical body.

And I'm now wondering how we'd go about it. Knock Sacrament might be able to help with that, or a super-ritual (which is basically what the Major Victories in CS rely upon), or...

...uh. I think I found a potential connection with Harmony Ending.

Could Harmony, or Luna, Or maybe Luna and Celestia reunited, open some kind of physical portal to the Dreamlands, and then through that we reach the Mansus? I'm reminded of how the Tantabus "nearly" escaped into the Real World, and that was supposedly a creation of Luna's.

Okay that's a cool effect how'd you do it?

horizontal gradient, pick two colors, copy-paste the BBcode.

you can do more complex things too... like like for example a more rainbowy effect. Shame there's no option for a 9-colors gradient

Lantern Longs explicitly already live in the Mansus, don't they? They're actually the only Longs I remember from CS that do that, and I think someone somewhere argued they're sort of mini-Names in nature just because of that.
Heart Long too, they become Song and dance their way through the Mansus. And yes there is discussion on the Lantern thing, hell for a while people weren't sure if Teresa was even a Name and not some kind of special immortal/Lantern ascension.
And I'm now wondering how we'd go about it. Knock Sacrament might be able to help with that, or a super-ritual (which is basically what the Major Victories in CS rely upon), or...
Physically entering the Mansus is, well it's not easy but it's easier than becoming a Name. To become a Name you need to be either crafted or elevated into the service of an Hour by doing a great deed that emulates the Hour you wish to serve and then physically enter the Mansus. Technically if we went and grabbed one of the Keys right now we could enter too, it's just that does nothing for us and is a very dangerous action besides.

Well there is another way to become a Name too, piss off a Hour sufficiently that they decide eternal torment is the way to go.
horizontal gradient, pick two colors, copy-paste the BBcode.

you can do more complex things too... like like for example a more rainbowy effect. Shame there's no option for a 9-colors gradient
Thanks

Last edited:
I think the Moth ascension in the game makes it so you stay in the Woods, does that count?

There's also whatever the hell the Balance ending turns you into. Though in that case you stay in the House of the Moon rather than the House of the Sun.
Yeah, what happens in this ending is weird... But it makes sense since The Wheel still turns in the House of the Moon and Heart and Moth were once one Principle that The Wheel ruled over, so balancing both could result in an "artificial" version of that old Principle and the Balance ending is the result of that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back