1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

favorite quotes or quotes you created yourself

Discussion in 'General' started by luca65, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BastOfTheXV

BastOfTheXV Ave Imperator! Remember Prospero!

"If it bites you it's biology, if it explodes it's chemistry, if it doesn't make sense it's physics."- Unknown.

Rivan9000 likes this.
  2. EnderLord10

EnderLord10 Doesn't Have Enough Piranhas

I've been collecting funny or interesting quotes in a google doc for years, here are some choice favorites.

"We just need to learn to use our newly acquired powers for good, instead of stupid."

"In the beginning the universe was created, this has been widely regarded as a bad decision and looked down upon."-Douglas Adams

"It's not over until the fat lady makes her mixtape"

“Two stupids don’t make a smart.”
    “Three lefts make a right, so we were halfway there at least.”

"I took a calculated risk, but man. I am bad at math."

3. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

"Crustless gang, rise up! Rise up, crustless gang! Gentlemen, I have a dream. Where you will not be judged for your preference of food, but for your love of cuisine. I. Have. A. Dream! Where one day the crustless gang, and the crust gang, and maybe even the only crust gang, can sit at the same table, in peace. Thank you very much. Crustless gang rise up."
    -Garnt "Gigguk" Manteeapho

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  4. UnknownGIND

UnknownGIND Actual plot and World-building enthusiast

"I want to laze around, but I'm lazy"

The original quotes from Tahilalats: "Gue pengen males-malesan, tapi gw males."

5. MadGreenSon

MadGreenSon Verified Devil Tiger, The Childish Yandere

"All of her villain behavior only counts as villain behavior if you believe Kazuya Kinoshita deserves to be happy, and I absolutely, categorically do not."
    -part of Geoff's explanation as to why Mami Nanami is the best character in Rent-A-Girlfriend

Last edited: Apr 6, 2023
  6. Vallan.Mandrake

Vallan.Mandrake Know what you're doing yet?

Wizards's first Rule: "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool"

Rules for Rulers: Rule 0: "Without power, you can affect nothing."
    The whole video is full nicely quoted stuff.

I really hate the whole "absolute power corrupts absolutely" quote, because it's wrongly applied to fantasy powers - why power corrupts is explained in Rules for Rulers (essentially: to keep (real world) power you have to make concessions to your powerbase, thus corrupting you), but that doesn't apply to fantasy powers. Saitama has absolute power, but there is no corruptive influence, because he can keep power without concessions.

MTG: Doomed Necromancer: "His sacrifice shall not be forgotten. Now toss his body over there with the others.” —Phage the Untouchable

NightmareWarden and Tanor like this.
  7. EnderLord10

The worst pickup lines I've ever seen (I don't know where its from i just have a massive google doc with them in it)

Wanna go halfsies on a baby?

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven? because you have significant facial trauma.

8. Lazybee67

Lazybee67 Making the rounds.

"The more you procrastinate, The more you feel empty inside"

Original

UnknownGIND likes this.
  9. Beetlebrox

Beetlebrox Versed in the lewd.

The quote "absolute power corrupts absolutely" refers to when you for whatever reason do not need to make concessions to your powerbase, so nobody can hold you back when you want to do something wrong. Also, the rest of the quote is "power corrupts" and goes on to say merely being part of the powerbase is enough to corrupt.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    Lyxi likes this.
  10. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

"Pathetic. Always pathetic."

- me

:V

11. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Just came across this one while watching an Idiocracy reaction-

"Being dead is like being stupid: it's only painful for everyone else." - Ricky Gervais

I feel it intensely.

Longtimelurker likes this.
  12. Anonnermus

Anonnermus UnDedicated Lurker

13. Chessmen

Chessmen Getting some practice in, huh?

“Today—the Golems of Wistram will know me. I have walked a thousand thousand wars! I have broken [Archmages] and [Heroes] who stood before me! I have championed every right, fought every foe in this world! I do not run from children!
    -Teriarch, The Dragonlord of Flame, Starfire Dragon of IItanus, High Eminence Teriarch, Ward-Regent of Voltail, etcetera

Last edited: Apr 14, 2023
  14. Chessmen

Chessmen Getting some practice in, huh?

As Erin switched her pants and wiped away the mess, she wondered what cruel twist of fate had dumped her in this fantasy world—yet still gave her the miracle of life every month.

“I’ve never heard of video game characters dealing with this! How do you expect Lara Croft to climb mountains with a giant frickin’ diaper in her pants? I’d love to see Leia fighting stormtroopers on her cycle!”

15. EnderLord10

"Quitting! It's like trying, only easier."
    “My neck’s barely managing to keep my ego upright. Stop making its job harder.”
    "Its all fun and gore till you’re knee deep in bodies."

16. Feather Wind 22

Feather Wind 22 Know what you're doing yet?

"The Best thing you can do in an emergency situation is the right thing. the Second Best thing you can do in an emergency is the wrong thing the worst thing you can do in an emergency is nothing at all," Teddy Roosevelt.

17. Longtimelurker

Longtimelurker I trust you know where the happy button is?

Did they hire you straight out of clown college, or are you just like this naturally? -myself

18. Feather Wind 22

"He who lives without honor will end without honor," Master Yoshi.

19. anarchoMando

anarchoMando Not too sore, are you?

The poor marries for love, and or stability. So to the working class. The wealthy married their pocketbooks first

Power marries for power, but true wealth marries for gold

Both myself

NightmareWarden likes this.
  20. Feather Wind 22

"THE TRUE MIND CAN WEATHER ALL THE LIES AND ILLUSIONS WITHOUT BEING LOST. THE TRUE HEART CAN TOUGH THE POISON OF HATRED WITHOUT BEING HARMED. SINCE BEGINNINGLESS TIME, DARKNESS THRIVES IN THE VOID, BUT ALWAYS YIELDS TO PURIFYING LIGHT" lion turtle Avatar.

21. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Ask not for whom the baja blasts; it blasts for thee.

Sigmeister Admiral likes this.
  22. Longtimelurker

On a genre-fiction writer: "He is certainly in no danger of having to pull an all-nighter to write his acceptance speech for the Nobel prize in literature"

As an insult "he loves nature in spite of what it did to him" - Forrest Tucker

23. Feather Wind 22

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing," Edmund Burk

24. Feather Wind 22

"The Way of the Gamer is to be a gamer," Feather Wind 22

25. Longtimelurker

"Being Offensive requires no art, being slightly offensive requires art because you need to know where to draw the line in a fun way"

26. Potates

Potates Degenerate Spud

"There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory." -Optimus Prime

27. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

Ur mom -me

28. AscendantMouse

AscendantMouse Femboy Connisieur

"I've fought babys stronger than you!! And i've dought alot of babys!!"

29. Feather Wind 22

"There is a difference between helping and deciding for you," Sensei Kanoi Watanabe Power Rangers Ninja Storm

30. Longtimelurker

… so it is less a question about transcendent moral principles and more a question about who’s ox is being gored -Longtimelurker on <historical figures>

People are never so honest about themselves as when they talk about others/People are never so honest about what motivates them as when they speculate about what motivates others.