• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

If I'm being annoying then maybe I shouldn't post on this forum ever again.

If I'm being annoying then maybe I shouldn't post on this forum ever again.
Nah, you haven't yet reached Treble levels of annoying.

Though I do suggest you talk to a therapist. You... don't come across as the most 'stable' individual, and that's something that should be examined and addressed, if only for your own sake.

Nah, you haven't yet reached Treble levels of annoying.

Though I do suggest you talk to a therapist. You... don't come across as the most 'stable' individual, and that's something that should be examined and addressed, if only for your own sake.
I have SVS so that's a no. And besides that would cut in to my writing time and I have been been trying to be more consistent with my writing.

Random idea for children's clothing - a baby dressed as Jack Sparrow with the caption "Where's the Mum gone!?"

It amuses me, anyway.

Adulthood is when you stop drooling over the girls in your favorite shows and start drooling over their mothers.

I mean I already technically one I see once every couple of month that supplies me with my ADHD medication. I've talked to him a couple of times about my anxiety in the past over rule 8 things. I don't feel comfortable talking to him about something stupid like cartoon characters getting together and feeling conflicted about it.

Edit: My anxiety has also more to do about my own writing and my recent bouts about a certain pairing was wether I can still be on board for it or even write for despite a certain character in that pairing not being the shining moral paragon I thought she was.

Last edited:
I don't feel comfortable talking to him about something stupid like cartoon characters getting together and feeling conflicted about it.
I was more thinking about talking about how you snap at people for no good reason, then backpedal a few minutes later. That... well, at least you're aware it's a problem enough to apologize later...

I assure you, any half competent shrink will dig past the whole 'shipping' thing to find the actual problem, anyway. Or at least, he's gonna try. Knowing what to do is different than succeeding.

Because the overwhelming majority of the time, snapping over little shit... that is not the actual problem. The elephant you're cheerfully ignoring is the problem. And that's what a competent mental health professional is looking for.

And then it's a matter of puzzling out how much is personal issues, and how much chemical

Last edited:
I think that's a problem with me not being good at socializing. Also what I do on this sight is none of anyone's business in IRL.

I was reading my Eclipse Phase book on the can earlier and after giving it a lot of thought, my feelings about it have sorta coalesced.

There are a lot of things I like about the setting, but the inflamed pustule that aggravates me is the magic AI bullshit. Like, the central assumption of the setting, that the players are gonna be fighting a hopeless battle against the magic AI gods who have totally already won.

I like Earth being a no-go place that got fucking wrecked in a war and is not safe anymore. I like most of the factions, except the Jovians who seem to exist just for the writers to take shots at people they don't like IRL, the tech is fun, even the inexplicable gates to the galaxy are neat.

But man, fuck the TITANs and that whole fucking metaplot.

I was reading my Eclipse Phase book on the can earlier and after giving it a lot of thought, my feelings about it have sorta coalesced.

There are a lot of things I like about the setting, but the inflamed pustule that aggravates me is the magic AI bullshit. Like, the central assumption of the setting, that the players are gonna be fighting a hopeless battle against the magic AI gods who have totally already won.

I like Earth being a no-go place that got fucking wrecked in a war and is not safe anymore. I like most of the factions, except the Jovians who seem to exist just for the writers to take shots at people they don't like IRL, the tech is fun, even the inexplicable gates to the galaxy are neat.

But man, fuck the TITANs and that whole fucking metaplot.
I was under the impression it's not even a fight; whatever the heck the TITAN AIs do, everyone else in the setting just has to live with it. They are inscrutable, not even because they are evil, but because they are simply beyond anything even the total power of the setting other than them can muster.

They are simply a name put to the plot devices underlying the setting's backstory. The Sci-Fi version of old gods. The sort of beings that, for the scale of the setting, "Stats are irrelevant".

Of course they are bullshit.

I was under the impression it's not even a fight; whatever the heck the TITAN AIs do, everyone else in the setting just has to live with it. They are inscrutable, not even because they are evil, but because they are simply beyond anything even the total power of the setting other than them can muster.

They are simply a name put to the plot devices underlying the setting's backstory. The Sci-Fi version of old gods. The sort of beings that, for the scale of the setting, "Stats are irrelevant".

Of course they are bullshit.
There's also the fact that the idea of AI magically becoming gods just because has always been a pet peeve of mine. Plus, the metaplot of Eclipse Phase tends towards a level of bleak that makes the cosmic sociology of The Three Body Problem look like Mr Rogers Neighborhood.

There's also the fact that the idea of AI magically becoming gods just because has always been a pet peeve of mine. Plus, the metaplot of Eclipse Phase tends towards a level of bleak that makes the cosmic sociology of The Three Body Problem look like Mr Rogers Neighborhood.

IIRC there are some spoilers in the DM section...

If I recall correctly, the TITANS were corrupted by beings which boil down to Space Cthulhu.

Space Cthulhu left traps on various stellar bodies for nascent starfarers and the TITANS were unlucky enough to ingest one of them, which corrupted them into Space Cthulhu's horrid tainted pawns.

Now there's a countdown for Space Cthulhu to send a fixer to finish the job, or perhaps he's just going to show up himself.

"Extinction is coming. Fight it."

IMHO the setting would work better without that doomsday clock, but it's hinted at right in the taglines on the cover.

It's a horror setting.

True, but all the horror elements annoy the piss out of me.

I didn't use them in the few Eclipse Phase games which I've been able to wrangle.

IMHO it feels like a cop-out given all the good stuff we get in the rest of the book, and given how many campaigns can come out of the very interesting political stances that exist in various parts of the solar system.

I didn't use them in the few Eclipse Phase games which I've been able to wrangle.

IMHO it feels like a cop-out given all the good stuff we get in the rest of the book, and given how many campaigns can come out of the very interesting political stances that exist in various parts of the solar system.
Yeah, there's more than enough grist for the story mill in the setting without any mention of the horror bullshit.

Also, need a better evil Jupiter faction than a caricature of late 20th century Republicans. Maybe give that spot to a group of Extropians or something?

...I'm baffled. Cats, man.

So I was playing Beat Saber. Both feet on my playmat (multicolor puzzle pieces that used to be part of my nephews' guest room) which is not attached to the floor. Still, my full weight on it. Somehow, the cats managed to turn it about 20 degrees with me standing on it with my full weight. I was bouncing a bit (Bella Belle is a bop) but that only put weight on it, didn't take it off. No movement I made should've had any chance of turning it, since I wasn't playing a turning map.

GTA7 is going to be set in Ohio featuring Eldritch space abominations

Users who are viewing this thread

Back