• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

So I'm now on the second episode of Gamera: Rebirth on Netflix and every now and then it cuts away to these JSDF guys. Specifically a tank commander and his 2IC, the commander seems to be pretty stoned and his 2IC keeps informing him of how they keep being told to stand by. He takes this information and then just... keeps staring off into space.

I find this seriously hilarious.

I'm turning off the show and going to bed now.

Late at night while I'm having lunch at work, I'll usually turn the break room TV on one of a few channels playing old shows. One in particular plays old detective shows back to back at that time of night- Mannix or Cannon are the ones I usually catch.

Had an interesting idea for a final episode of one of those types of shows. The lone wolf cowboy detective gets forced to work with some new guy. Quiet and respectful despite the main character's obvious distaste. Tends to repeat what they just said quite often, annoying them more.

Goes on until someone they know joins them in the police station, the new guy grimacing... As they ask the sheriff when their remains will be released. The 'new guy' is the Grim Reaper, grateful for all their work, helping them solve one last case- and trying to keep them from finding out and being distracted or discouraged.

It'd be an interesting way to end it, anyway. Those guys have multiple brushes with death every episode anyway :p

Do you have to turn something on in your settings to see tags now? Ever since the forum changes I haven't been able to see the tags of any thread, though the option is still available if you create a new one.

Do you have to turn something on in your settings to see tags now? Ever since the forum changes I haven't been able to see the tags of any thread, though the option is still available if you create a new one.

Might be theme related.

I usually use UI.X Dark and tags don't show up in that theme, so I have to switch to something else (like Flex Dark) to see them.

Might be theme related.

I usually use UI.X Dark and tags don't show up in that theme, so I have to switch to something else (like Flex Dark) to see them.
That seemed to have fixed it, though I wish you could change individual things as the blue on black is a little hard to read.

Ah well.

So, I don't know if this is the place for it, or where I should ask, but Is there a place on this site to look for fanfic collaborators I can talk to and maybe invite for a bit of fun? I use discord a lot to look for people, but I'm not on a lot of servers, and some servers are actively hostile to people who ask about it even once.

I just wanna grab some people who wanna have fun being creative and just kinda write.

I have a few people I write with currently, but some of them are going through a rough patch atm, and are rarely online because of irl stuff going on, so I want to find more people to write with to fill my days with writing.

I might not be the best writer out there -- in fact I think I suck -- but I enjoy it and I have fun with it.

I might not see the responses unless I get notified, because the notifications seem to be wonky rn for me, but if I don't respond to replies in a few days, feel free to just message me so I can get back to you.

So, I don't know if this is the place for it, or where I should ask, but Is there a place on this site to look for fanfic collaborators I can talk to and maybe invite for a bit of fun? I use discord a lot to look for people, but I'm not on a lot of servers, and some servers are actively hostile to people who ask about it even once.

I just wanna grab some people who wanna have fun being creative and just kinda write.

I have a few people I write with currently, but some of them are going through a rough patch atm, and are rarely online because of irl stuff going on, so I want to find more people to write with to fill my days with writing.

I might not be the best writer out there -- in fact I think I suck -- but I enjoy it and I have fun with it.

I might not see the responses unless I get notified, because the notifications seem to be wonky rn for me, but if I don't respond to replies in a few days, feel free to just message me so I can get back to you.
What settings are you looking for a fan fiction collaborator for?

Edit: Here's a link to the Interest Check and Ideas Thread. It's probably a better place to look for collaborators than here.

Last edited:
What settings are you looking for a fan fiction collaborator for?

Edit: Here's a link to the Interest Check and Ideas Thread. It's probably a better place to look for collaborators than here.

Thanks! I mostly don't have a set setting I go for. I do like the settings of DXD, Harry Potter, Fate, Final Fantasy series, Marvel in general, Worm, most Isekai, or even Original works! I even have a few ideas for Bear x4, lol. I'm pretty open to discuss what series to go into, as long as I can find enough about it and enjoy the concepts within.

Is it wrong to hate people for shipping reasons?

Hating someone for a harmless opinion? Probably wrong.

Hating someone for writing a horrible ship which just won't die? Uncertain.

Hating someone for bringing up their horrible ship in places where it doesn't belong, constantly and unceasingly to draw attention to their thing? Probably correct.

Well am I a stupid/terrible person for supporting a ship that I ship or having supported in the past?

Last edited:
Is it wrong to hate people for shipping reasons?
Hating someone for a harmless opinion? Probably wrong.

Hating someone for writing a horrible ship which just won't die? Uncertain.

Hating someone for bringing up their horrible ship in places where it doesn't belong, constantly and unceasingly to draw attention to their thing? Probably correct.
Shipping preferences are like opinions and preferences in general; it's fine if other people have different ones from yours, but if they are deliberately going out of their way to put theirs in your face, they are at fault. And for that, you can hate them.

Or at least think of them as annoying jackasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back