• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

The neon text on a black background themes give me a headache so I stick with light responsive.

The neon text on a black background themes give me a headache so I stick with light responsive.

Dark Responsive (Green) has much more muted colors than the other dark themes - why I use it. Even the text is grey instead of pure white, and the links aren't so oversaturated blue.

...Got an ad on a game earlier...

...So, Twerk Race 3D is apparently a thing.

... Internet's over everybody, go home.

I remember that at higher levels in cultivation stories, objects such as rocks can gain sentience, like animals do when they turn into spirit beasts, so is there any story that involves a literal "jade beauty"?

I remember that at higher levels in cultivation stories, objects such as rocks can gain sentience, like animals do when they turn into spirit beasts, so is there any story that involves a literal "jade beauty"?
Shintoism, where everything including inanimate objects and phenomena have souls, allows for such things. Plus, see the old myth of Pygmalion.

I once ran a TTRPG campaign in a skewed Shinto-like setting. There was a minor recurring character that was literally married to his hat. The players were even at his wedding, if not intentionally.

Shintoism, where everything including inanimate objects and phenomena have souls, allows for such things. Plus, see the old myth of Pygmalion.

I once ran a TTRPG campaign in a skewed Shinto-like setting. There was a minor recurring character that was literally married to his hat. The players were even at his wedding, if not intentionally.

... You meet the king after a baffling trip through the castle and kingdom, only to find out it's Sir Quentin Trembly III, Esq.

Maybe half your players get it.

This is a hypothetical / moral question,

Say I were to repost a fanfic here

I am not the original author..
(However there are some stipulations Before You accuse me In This hypothetical scenario of plagiarism)

Say this fan fic that I found was one that I remembered nearly a and once red decade ago but fell off the Earth(and it was deleted off of its original site holder)
I really liked it and I want to share it and preserve it.

And I successfully I found the one place where in the corner of the internet it was salvaged,(almost miraculously)

I cannot find the author(I have his name and I would name him as the true author.) But on the other hand I think the story conceptually stands on its own two feet.

Would this scenario be allowed.
Would I be able to post it here so that the denizens of this Hall of smut and villainy can read it

(Moderated, of course, I don't want to be accused of a plagiarist, I love this story I wanted to be preserved. And I thought it was almost lost for good.)

Not what I was looking for but I guess Pygmalion is kinda close

This is a hypothetical / moral question,

Say I were to repost a fanfic here

I am not the original author..
(However there are some stipulations Before You accuse me In This hypothetical scenario of plagiarism)

Say this fan fic that I found was one that I remembered nearly a and once red decade ago but fell off the Earth(and it was deleted off of its original site holder)
I really liked it and I want to share it and preserve it.

And I successfully I found the one place where in the corner of the internet it was salvaged,(almost miraculously)

I cannot find the author(I have his name and I would name him as the true author.) But on the other hand I think the story conceptually stands on its own two feet.

Would this scenario be allowed.
Would I be able to post it here so that the denizens of this Hall of smut and villainy can read it

(Moderated, of course, I don't want to be accused of a plagiarist, I love this story I wanted to be preserved. And I thought it was almost lost for good.)
I think it's probably okay, but you should probably PM a mod this question instead of just asking in general chat.

There's something deeply distressing about meeting a fellow countryman with an accent so atrocious that we may as well be speaking different languages.

Yeah, it's a good thing New Jersey doesn't actually exist.
a11ddfc50fc972057b41386bfb1c3c50.gif

There's something deeply distressing about meeting a fellow countryman with an accent so atrocious that we may as well be speaking different languages.
British imperialist when meeting a Scotsman, or or an Irishman or a Welsh man. Or a Cockney bastard.

(It's also goes for the French, modern French is actually very recent and mostly a post World War 1 product with so many regional accents that were decimated by the war)

Let regional accents be what they are. Linguistic drift happens for a reason and the only reason we don't have more of it is because of total genocide, colonialism and imperialism.

Nationalism is stupid yo.

Linguistic drift happens for a reason and the only reason we don't have more of it is because of total genocide, colonialism and imperialism.
Not really. If anything, imperialism and colonialism increases linguistic drift, not reduces it. Imperialism in particular drags in loan words until you end up turning two languages into four or five. It's a big reason why languages like English and Japanese are as crazy as they are.

Mass media is a much, much greater killer of regional dialect.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not a fan of this stuff. Far as I'm concerned, language should be standardised.

It makes no sense to be divided by a common language.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of this stuff. Far as I'm concerned, language should be standardised.

That would be cool if we were all robots
But we are not we are filthy sapient meat droids who piss shit and have sex everywhere diversityl of language is a bug and a feature you got to accept it

That would be cool if we were all robots
But we are not we are filthy sapient meat droids who piss shit and have sex everywhere diversityl of language is a bug and a feature you got to accept it
No, I don't. The French, Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese all standardised their languages. Why can't we?

British imperialist when meeting a Scotsman, or or an Irishman or a Welsh man. Or a Cockney bastard.

(It's also goes for the French, modern French is actually very recent and mostly a post World War 1 product with so many regional accents that were decimated by the war)

Let regional accents be what they are. Linguistic drift happens for a reason and the only reason we don't have more of it is because of total genocide, colonialism and imperialism.

Nationalism is stupid yo.
No, no its not, WW1 certainly contributed but France had since the first republican been trying to standardize on parisian french as the national language and while the first world war did inflict significant casualties and demographic damage to those groups by far it was French policy in the second empire, as well as subsequently during the 3rd, 4th and indeed into the modern 5th Republic as a plank of French national identity

If your argument is 'recent = 19th century' yes, but most certainly not 'mostly a post world war 1' thing

Also: I found the filthy frenchman.

No, I don't. The French, Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese all standardised their languages. Why can't we?
Good, you'll speak American English, and be a good little cog in the American Empire.

modern Japanese language standards are based on the Edo dialect as implemented during the meiji reforms. Modern Mandarin is predominantly a northern chinese dialect based on vernacular simplified characters its probably the most important thing the communists have ever done because it is a huge boon to literacy (but even that originates from arguments in early 20th century, and baihua as a language topic is very odd duck) Korea... korean nationalism is also the root of that and a not insubstantial part of that was Park, like it started before him (just as it was a topic in Chinese) but Park's education reforms as dictator are a big reason korean is a uniform as it is.

Hell, Lao and Thai are so similar that a speaker can understand each other, reading each other was another story iirc.

I have a new found respect for the rapier after using it properly as the witch hunter in vermintide 2. I was literally going on a killing spree like I was the chad Dr. Livesey.

It's a surprise no one has made animation of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back