• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

Anyone up for House on the Hill, we have three people so far and will be starting soon-ish.

board game where people play around collecting buff until a traitor is randomly stumbled upon. The Traitor (+buff) will then try to kill everyone else, and everyone else will try to complete the objective (typically kill the Traitor)
Well...that sounds interesting...but, why is he asking on a forum, it's not like I can just go over to his house and get together for a game.

Well...that sounds interesting...but, why is he asking on a forum, it's not like I can just go over to his house and get together for a game.
Yes he can, you must BELIEVE!

Or he could use Vassal
emot-v.gif

(Yeah, I was also surprised when I found out that something like that exists).

Yes he can, you must BELIEVE!

Or he could use Vassal
emot-v.gif

(Yeah, I was also surprised when I found out that something like that exists).
Huh...that looks like fun...

I've heard of some of this before but never looked into it.

Now I feel like playing board games.

But my computer is shit.

I don't think Vassal takes that much, does it?
Well, eh. Topic change.
Anyone here seen Hatoful Boyfriend?
I actually just tried it now, your right, actually fine.
I just have low expectations for what my laptop can do...

And yes, and, I won't contribute more to the conversation.

Also, now that I have vassal...what, games do I play? And, how do I play with other people with it?

So...anybody recommending a potential game I should play...or, how to use this Vassal thing? No?

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to thread, we just finished our last game. There was some talk of Talisman earlier on SV and we might be able to get a crowd together for that.
I think I have an account still there...I'll join, but depends on when exactly.

..And, how I can get this vassal to work in the first place.
...And if I can understand the game in the first place.

First you download it from here, then you download modules like the one I linked and open them with the program. From there you put your username in place of your real name and select "look for games online".

Vassal is a weird program, but it shouldn't be too problematic to use.

Talisman... Talisman might take you some time to read through the rules in order to understand how to play (The game itself is also quite long).

So, eh... Just know what you're getting into (sorry, but I don't know all that much about Vassal and Risk to be helpful :V and it's also really late...)

Talisman isn't that hard.
Just roll for movement, roll for events on the square you land, and you're good.
End goal is getting strong enough to get to the center.

First you download it from here, then you download modules like the one I linked and open them with the program. From there you put your username in place of your real name and select "look for games online".
That simple huh? Alright then, just need to read rules and I should be good.

I don't think Vassal takes that much, does it?
Well, eh. Topic change.
Anyone here seen Hatoful Boyfriend?
Heard of it, mostly through Manpy Guys Doing Manly Things.

Sorry, wasn't paying attention to thread, we just finished our last game. There was some talk of Talisman earlier on SV and we might be able to get a crowd together for that.
Now there's a board game that has me sore tempte to actually get around to installing Vassal.

Shadows Over Camelot has rulebooks here (plugin doesn't include the expansion). Betrayal at House on the Hill is here and includes rulebooks. Currently up for playing either, don't feel like Talisman right now though.

Has some issues, especially with zooming in and out to actually read the board. Found the missing rule books here (the module is third edition). There appears to be another module that was briefly up that I can't find easily going through archives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back