• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

No but really though

Willy's being stubborn aside I was totally laughing my ass off at how you ignored the very suspicious data card that you won as a prize for rolling a natural 20 on your random encounter
emot-v.gif

...I was going to look at it at the end of the day. For some reason I had the feeling that I needed to hurry the fuck up all the time.

Yeah, cool.

So...man, I honestly don't know what to say now that I'm actually put on the spot.

Hm...alright, recently I rolled some dice in my quest and one of the guys on it said that the dizce were 'tsuntsun'.

I know what it means, but I wondered if it was a common description for dice that hit high and low frequently.

Yeah, cool.

So...man, I honestly don't know what to say now that I'm actually put on the spot.

Hm...alright, recently I rolled some dice in my quest and one of the guys on it said that the dizce were 'tsuntsun'.

I know what it means, but I wondered if it was a common description for dice that hit high and low frequently.
Pretty much, yeah.

I envy people who roll high. I never seem to do anything but roll low.

Hmm, there were those times in my previous quest I rolled low, and I rolled low and really wanted it to win, so I, say, nudged it up a little.

Course that was another reason why I gave it up, needed a fresh start and take failures and successes as they come.

In my RL group we use a homebrew system where we use d100 for everything and low rolls are better...

I have such terrible rolls. I kept writing down my rolls and my average was around 60 :confused:

There was also the time where the party doctor had to treat a leg gunshot wound my character suffered and got a nat 100. It wasn't technically my roll, but I think that it's a good example to the kind of luck I have in this kind of games (my character lost his leg ~_~)

In my RL group we use a homebrew system where we use d100 for everything and low rolls are better...

I have such terrible rolls. I kept writing down my rolls and my average was around 60 :confused:

There was also the time where the party doctor had to treat a leg gunshot wound my character suffered and got a nat 100. It wasn't technically my roll, but I think that it's a good example to the kind of luck I have in this kind of games (my character lost his leg ~_~)
I dunno. Peg legs are awesome. You can hide cannons in those.

Yes. I have seen a player do that in DnD.

Heh, that's how life works, don't think of it a game, but a natural progression to the journey.

Lose a leg? BUILD A CYBORG METAL LEG THAT HAS ROCKETS.

Every bad thing is simply a bump on the road.

Oh, are we talking about dice rolls? Normally my luck is good or terrible (See Scrub Modern Archer almost beating Greek Berserker. Let's see if QQ agrees. :V
[dice]4353[/dice]

That's why 'Checks' exist, that way there is no average, but instead you lose or fail.

I dunno. Peg legs are awesome. You can hide cannons in those.

Yes. I have seen a player do that in DnD.

Heh, that's how life works, don't think of it a game, but a natural progression to the journey.

Lose a leg? BUILD A CYBORG METAL LEG THAT HAS ROCKETS.

Every bad thing is simply a bump on the road.

I'M GONNA BUILD MY OWN LEG, WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS um I mean what he said.
If only...

The setting has no magic and the technology is not advanced enough for something like this, and I have to be thankful that the wound didn't get infected.

So now my character has been reduced to the roll of the cart driver :V

(Each player has several characters so I still have a semi-combat character, but it still sucks somewhat).

If only...

The setting has no magic and the technology is not advanced enough for something like this, and I have to be thankful that the wound didn't get infected.

So now my character has been reduced to the roll of the cart driver :V

(Each player has several characters so I still have a semi-combat character, but it still sucks somewhat).
Well, do with what you've got, getting over the disability, working it to your advantage, and technology doesn't have to be advanced to make the peg leg useful...

A hidden blade, crossbow, prototype gun if it's that far along, anything for a quick surprise attack.

Well, do with what you've got, getting over the disability, working it to your advantage, and technology doesn't have to be advanced to make the peg leg useful...

A hidden blade, crossbow, prototype gun if it's that far along, anything for a quick surprise attack.
These certainly are valid options, though I'd rather not risk my crippled character like that. He already took over being the guy who manages the supplies of the group, which I managed to turn into an interesting job.

People keep coming to me and beg for money :D

Which basically means that my character is useful, and thus won't be the first one to be kicked out of the group the moment things begin getting too rough (Yeah, it's that kind of setting, which is partly why each player had more than a single character).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back