• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

General chat thread

This is gonna sound awfully fucking conceited

But I'm looking at the rush of Original Quests that are appearing on SV and I'm comparing it to the shit I'm finally gonna start writing up proper tomorrow

And I just can't help but think to myself that even as some of the writers are technically better than me in skill level, in terms of the story I'm coming up with this original setting of mine just blows them all the fuck away.

Like...there's such a huge amount of depth to it. This is even more engrossing than all the times I've done worldbuilding notes for Standing Proud. It still feels Chuuni as fuck, but it's just incredibly engrossing to me, doing something as simple as putting together the barest concepts and foundations of plot together.

Is this how Araki felt when he first created Stands all those years ago???

This is gonna sound awfully fucking conceited

But I'm looking at the rush of Original Quests that are appearing on SV and I'm comparing it to the shit I'm finally gonna start writing up proper tomorrow

And I just can't help but think to myself that even as some of the writers are technically better than me in skill level, in terms of the story I'm coming up with this original setting of mine just blows them all the fuck away.

Like...there's such a huge amount of depth to it. This is even more engrossing than all the times I've done worldbuilding notes for Standing Proud. It still feels Chuuni as fuck, but it's just incredibly engrossing to me, doing something as simple as putting together the barest concepts and foundations of plot together.

Is this how Araki felt when he first created Stands all those years ago???
What is this for?

And that is the thing- do you know what happens when humans are humiliated?

It's called Nazi Germany.

Humans get pissed and get more radical, militarised and get ready for round two.

This isn't human wank btw, it's basic human mob mentality. I just have trouble believing one war is enough to curb humanities general insanity.
Umm... at the risk of starting A Thing, there was a lot more going on in the development of Nazi Germany than the loss of the first World War, and none of those things seem to be present here.
I always thought it was the humiliation of defeat, the crippling reparations Germany was forced to pay, and fear of overpopulation that lex Germany to start WWII. That and, Hitler was there to stoke the flames.

I feel like at least two of those things could be present given that humanity had just lost it's only colony, and I wouldn't put it past the human race for a demagogue to spring up and take advantage of the situation.

Thing is I don't think humanity has enough industry to wage an interstellar war. To say nothing of our apparently low tech level.
Basically:

- Humiliation from the First World War, not just from losing but from the severe terms the French rammed down their throats.
- Economic collapse, partially due to said terms, partially due to the Great Depression and partially from mismanagement (inflation went to several trillion percent; people needed wheelbarrows full of cash to buy anything)
- Eugenics being a popular idea at that time. Let me quote Winston Churchill in 1910:
The unnatural and increasingly rapid growth of the feeble-minded and insane classes, coupled as it is with steady restriction among all the thrifty, energetic and superior stocks constitutes a national and race danger which is impossible to exaggerate. I feel that the source from which the stream of madness is fed should be cut off and sealed before another year has passed.
- Anti-Semitism already being rife to levels it's difficult to imagine today.
- Democracy not yet being ingrained in the German populace.
- Hitler.

Basically:

- Humiliation from the First World War, not just from losing but from the severe terms the French rammed down their throats.
- Economic collapse, partially due to said terms, partially due to the Great Depression and partially from mismanagement (inflation went to several trillion percent; people needed wheelbarrows full of cash to buy anything)
- Eugenics being a popular idea at that time. Let me quote Winston Churchill in 1910:

- Anti-Semitism already being rife to levels it's difficult to imagine today.
- Democracy not yet being ingrained in the German populace.
- Hitler.
Well, we have the the 'Anti-semetism' in the widespread xenophobia that lost star has said is a thing. Economic collapse like I said is a maybe, considering that all the governments of earth would have been spending a ridiculouse amount of money on the war, which we lost. So the humiliation is there too.

And like I said humanity producing a person like Hitler to leverage the situation is far from unlikely.

Just a bit of personal reflection:

Have I been "chosen by destiny"?

I was born into a somewhat poor immigrant (as in my mother was a first-generation immigrant) working class family. When I was little, I had no friends and in kindergarten, my hat would be constantly be used to play piggy-in-the-middle by other kids. It would turn out I am autistic. Either way, throughout primary school, I was vulnerable and isolated, although at times I really did stand out from the crowd.

I managed to enter selective secondary school, regardless of these obstacles. Yet in doing so, I was outshined by others. Combined with a large workload and anxiety about my own potential, I developed major depressive disorder and an anxiety disorder.

Yet here I am, in university, having managed to pass my high school exams such that I can study law and ICT.

Throughout my life-struggle, even as I faltered inside, I constantly held onto one single dream, the dream to make the world a utopia, through all means necessary.

Is it because of my own pain and impotent rage that I seek to fulfill this dream? Is it that this dream is what has saved me, time and time again as the obstacles bore down on me, preventing them from utterly crushing my spirit? Is it because I have no meaning in my life, no contentment with my conditions, that I have this dream as a means to cope with the abject coldness of my conditions?

Why is it that I so hate the idea of marrying and having a family and enjoying a content family life?

Why do I want to achieve such dreams? Why do I have such dreams in the first place?

Is it just a fluke that I am in university or is it that the dream of utopia truly possible and that I am on the path to it?

It would all make for an interesting autobiography time loop quest.

But the question lingers in my head: why do I have such dreams and why does it seem like I am on the path to achieving it, despite my life being a constant struggle of fear and doubt?

I'd say you learn to keep your feet on the ground. Fly too high and for too long and you'll end up like Icarus.

That hits quite close to home.

However, didn't Icarus do a service to humanity by showing how not to fly?

If I fail, others can look on my example and find the right path to it.

Without Icarus, there would've been no Wrights.

>Without Icarus there wouldn't be the Wright.

Perhaps, but that's not what I really meant.

There's no such thing as the "chosen one". Maybe you have some things in which you're good at, and as much as things on which others are better. Accepting what you can do and what you probably need help at, and trying to improve overall, that's what you can do. By one letting their own light shine, you also permit the others to do the same.

What you say is instead going delusional and trust me, you don't want that. It will hurt you more on the get go.

EDIT: One thing I must improve: Learn2type well on a phone while on a bus. Dammit!

Last edited:
Just a bit of personal reflection:

I was born into a somewhat poor immigrant (as in my mother was a first-generation immigrant) working class family. When I was little, I had no friends and in kindergarten, my hat would be constantly be used to play piggy-in-the-middle by other kids. It would turn out I am autistic. Either way, throughout primary school, I was vulnerable and isolated, although at times I really did stand out from the crowd.

I managed to enter selective secondary school, regardless of these obstacles. Yet in doing so, I was outshined by others. Combined with a large workload and anxiety about my own potential, I developed major depressive disorder and an anxiety disorder.

Yet here I am, in university, having managed to pass my high school exams such that I can study law and ICT.

Throughout my life-struggle, even as I faltered inside, I constantly held onto one single dream, the dream to make the world a utopia, through all means necessary.

Is it because of my own pain and impotent rage that I seek to fulfill this dream? Is it that this dream is what has saved me, time and time again as the obstacles bore down on me, preventing them from utterly crushing my spirit? Is it because I have no meaning in my life, no contentment with my conditions, that I have this dream as a means to cope with the abject coldness of my conditions?

Why is it that I so hate the idea of marrying and having a family and enjoying a content family life?

Why do I want to achieve such dreams? Why do I have such dreams in the first place?

Is it just a fluke that I am in university or is it that the dream of utopia truly possible and that I am on the path to it?

It would all make for an interesting autobiography time loop quest.

But the question lingers in my head: why do I have such dreams and why does it seem like I am on the path to achieving it, despite my life being a constant struggle of fear and doubt?

...Ow.

No offense to you personally but... That is like knowing your a cliche fest and rolling in it.

I would say that you need to come back down to earth a bit. The future, and life, is not that simple. There is no such thing as a "Chosen One". Destiny? Throw that out the fucking window.

Life is the sum of our choices until our death. Focus more on the present while acknowledging your goals is all the advice I can give you. And hey, if you do somehow beat the odds and create a utopia (Highly unlikely that you do though), know that it was because of you that it came into being, not some mumbo jumbo bullshit like destiny.

Hope that you have not.

The fates are not kind, as much as they look like kindly old women.

Desiring to bring about a utopia is nothing new, and clinging to your dreams is a fairly common response to adversity. (not universal, but common enough.)

Although I must caution you that if ever you get a chance to bring about a "Utopia" by "any means necessary", you should gather all available evidence, and triple-check the calculus of how good an approximation of a utopia you can bring about vs the human cost.

All previous attempts at such to date have resulted in the exact opposite of a utopia. Tread with caution.

Without Icarus, there would've been no Wrights.
Now that is utter bollocks.

People had and have been trying to build flying machines long before and long after Icarus failed to read the user manual on Daedalus' wings, and frankly Icarus' example was really not a huge insight. "Listen to an engineer when he tells you how to not die when using his equipment."

My good sir, may I inquire as to how you are capable of seeing and breathing; much less seeing or typing at this moment?

Because I must say, having one's head shoved so far up one's rectum as you have is blatantly unhealthy; not to mention a major hinderance to a great many of life's necessities.

Last edited:
I had another thought.

What if Biigoh is actually a real estate scammer who goes into towns, extorts the populace and kills people and stuffs their clothes into bins at night?

Kh4DpuL.png

I had another thought.

What if Biigoh is actually a real estate scammer who goes into towns, extorts the populace and kills people and stuffs their clothes into bins at night?

Kh4DpuL.png
LfEjCT9.png

You know, it might be some clever reference or joke which I'm simply not getting. But as someone who doesn't get it, I must say that this kind of thing is both unsettling and annoying.

You should really stop making this kind of posts, for your own sake.

LfEjCT9.png

You know, it might be some clever reference or joke which I'm simply not getting. But as someone who doesn't get it, I must say that this kind of thing is both unsettling and annoying.

You should really stop making this kind of posts, for your own sake.

have you not read his title.

In case any of the Old Guard of the wthread miss it elsewhere, wdango just started a new quest for the first time in forever over on SV.

Re: Pokemon is a pokemon quest with elements Re: Monster.

I was unable to convince hm to add the tags: "Ungodly abomination", "Your mother was a test tube", and "I can't believe it's not Tuberculosis", but I think they are relevant.

In case any of the Old Guard of the wthread miss it elsewhere, wdango just started a new quest for the first time in forever over on SV.

I was unable to convince hm to add the tags: "Ungodly abomination", "Your mother was a test tube", and "I can't believe it's not Tuberculosis", but I think they are relevant.
Never seen Re: Monster. Explain?

Yeah, he told me about it over on Skype

I'll join in once my suspension is up. He seemed interested in PtP himself so that's something else to look forward to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back