• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
Oh Alexander if you're still on.

Excluding Glorious Solar Bullshit How much of a concentration of power does Issei gathering together 3 other Sacred Gears(Asia, Yang, Ruby) represent to his enemies? In other words if a third faction were to only know that the Bearer of the Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlet(Issie's Sacred Gear) Had gathered three other Sacred-Gears to him(assume they know the name of Yang & Ruby's Sacred Gears) how powerful would they rate him?

Exclude Issei's other accomplishments for the moment, I'm just trying to get a sense on how different Fallen Angel, Angel & Devil Groups would evaluate him since I don't seem to have a big grasp on how powerful or rare Sacred Gears are.

Would we(along with Asia, Yang & Ruby sorry to exclude Mittelt) be rated as strong as Rias's Faction for instance? Or perhaps Sona's?
No, like BFldyq said "very weak but with potential". The Sacred Gears have potential since they're famous ones, but compared to Rias and Sona, who have entire clans and great wealth behind their backs, Issei's ghroup isn't a threat.

What you need is reputation and accomplishments.

If the battle against Raiser wasn`t so close, I'd pick Fire Immunity for the sheer power pervertion potential with Yang. We'd be able to say were Fired up in the most literal sense. :D

Since we're approaching battle, though...

[X] Dragon Scales.
[X] Gift works by giving a motepool of essence to the target, or boosting their attributes directly (by using said motepool). Gifted motes however are still considered celestial, even if they are 'Attuned' to the user, and if not spent, waste away slowly until their maximum cap is reached. Our powerful essence may or may not induce an addrenaline high on the target.

This way we can get them used to essence faster, and we may get them the same charms we have. Addiction shenanigans can also induce fun harem dinamics.

kinglugia said:
The reason why I haven't put a measure on Issei's hora is because it's better having Aika measure it.

We don't even need charms...

Aika: Grabs Issei's Hora in the middle of the class. "Nice, but not that impressive." Handwave gesture.
Issei: "Hey!"
Draig: I will not let you badmouth a dragon, little girl! BOOOST!
Aika: Blinks. "Okay it does get bigger if you rub it..." her Glasses catch the light. "FUFUFU, oh the ideas!"

[X] Dragon Scales.
[X] Gift works by giving a motepool of essence to the target, or boosting their attributes directly (by using said motepool). Gifted motes however are still considered celestial, even if they are 'Attuned' to the user, and if not spent, waste away slowly until their maximum cap is reached. Our powerful essence may or may not induce an addrenaline high on the target.

Mu-Sensei said:
If the battle against Raiser wasn`t so close, I'd pick Fire Immunity for the sheer power pervertion potential with Yang. We'd be able to say were Fired up in the most literal sense. :D

Since we're approaching battle, though...

[X] Dragon Scales.

This way we can get them used to essence faster, and we may get them the same charms we have. Addiction shenanigans can also induce un harem dinamics.
Addiction? Really? That's just messed up man.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] I decide it myself.
[X] Whirlwind Sprint.

This is which one to learn first. And I think speed is currently more pressing.

Mu-Sensei said:
Gifted motes however are still considered celestial, even if they are 'Attuned' to the user, and if not spent, waste away slowly until their maximum cap is reached.
I need more information about this part. How fast they dissipate, like how many motes every [insert measure of time]? Also, the maximum cap of what?

nightblade said:
Addiction? Really? That's just messed up man.

Not addiction like drugs. More like I feel good when he does this and I want to feel it again. Because one of our girls asking for our essence in public (Asia, because of the language barrier, or Mittelt, because she's likely to overlook or plain don't care) would be boud to get us funny looks...

Alexander said:
I need more information about this part. How fast they dissipate, like how many motes every [insert measure of time]? Also, the maximum cap of what?

Maximum Cap is similar to our [Essence + Stamina]*10 + 10 Motes of Essence. How fast... like one each 15 minutes.

Also, one funny use is to boost Aika's Appearance attribute, so she can feel Airbrushed like we did when we awakened our Exaltation. :D (this might or might not have other girl of our class flocking to have us fix their looks, but hey, thats a bonus!)

megrisvernin said:
Hmm.

Side issue. Assuming we can't complete our equivalent of the Demon pawns in the near future are there any worthwhile skills we could teach to the other two members of the Perverted Trio or Aika to make them somewhat combat effective?
Truth be told, even in canon, Matsuda and Motohama are terrible friends. They spread horrible rumors about Ise just because they are jealous.

i was thinking about the "dragon sleeping on a mountain of gold" thing that i mentioned before, and i remembered that someone brought up our three golden haired ladies as a joke, and i was thinking ruby would be left out.

Then I remembered that a Ruby is a Gemstone.

we have a hoard of treasure!

[X] Dragon Scales.
Though WS is good too.
FR is useless for what we would want to use it for.

John At DAwn said:
Truth be told, even in canon, Matsuda and Motohama are terrible friends. They spread horrible rumors about Ise just because they are jealous.
Just because?

Because, let's be honest here, I can perfectly understand why one would be incredibly goddamn jealous if, suddenly, your equally unpopular friend suddenly attract school idols without doing anything that you could see.

Megaolix said:
Just because?

Because, let's be honest here, I can perfectly understand why one would be incredibly goddamn jealous if, suddenly, your equally unpopular friend suddenly attract school idols without doing anything that you could see.
And that justifies spreading rumors that he sexually assaults those school idols?

Well yeah, Ise is kind of a dick to other guys except Kiba, Gasper, and Saji. Still, spreading those kinds of rumors is something different.

John At DAwn said:
Well yeah, Ise is kind of a dick to other guys except Kiba, Gasper, and Saji. Still, spreading those kinds of rumors is something different.
Issei is a dick to the perverts, the perverts are a dick to him. I'd say they aren't really friends, just social outcasts who hang out together because nobody else wants to associate with them (aside from Aika, who may have the same problem except worse because even the perverts are unnerved by her). The only thing they have in common is their perversion.

Smuthunter said:
Issei is a dick to the perverts, the perverts are a dick to him. I'd say they aren't really friends, just social outcasts who hang out together because nobody else wants to associate with them (aside from Aika, who may have the same problem except worse because even the perverts are unnerved by her). The only thing they have in common is their perversion.
actually Aika is better off socially in canon. she's noted as being Asia's best friend outside of Rias's peerage.

Brandark said:
Typical Japanese double standard , I guess .

I'd say more like Asia being too oblivious to perverseness, considering her role model on the subject of Normal is Issei, seeing that Aika doesn't seem to have other friends.

IF(ISSEI=NORMAL) THEN AIKA=QUIRKY

Silversun17 said:
actually Aika is better off socially in canon. she's noted as being Asia's best friend outside of Rias's peerage.
Kuoh is a school with a big prevalence of female students over male ones. Aika, being a girl and attracted by guys, has less occasions to show possible creepy behavior to others.

At least, this is my interpretation.

[X] Dragon Scales
EternityChaos, Brandark, Mu-Sensei, kinglugia, MHLord
[X] Whirlwind Sprint
Eler0, Silversun17, Smuthunter, Malcolmo, megrisvernin, Larekko12, nightblade, ZipLopz, Drakebane, BFldyq, John At DAwn
[X] Fire Resistance
iamnuff

Votes are still open.

----

Since the majority want me to work my lazy brain, here what I have:

-The "Transfer" will take motes from the pool of "Welsh Boost Overdrive" and give them to a living being or an object. Motes from Issei's normal pools don't work.
-When the motes are given to a living being, Issei can choose between two options:
--Creating a temporary motepool with the donated motes. Gifted motes are still considered Solar Celestial, even if they are 'Attuned' to the target, and if not spent waste away slowly (one every 15 minutes).
--living beings can receive a number of motes as a motepool up to Issei's (Essence)*10
--For 10 motes per dot Issei can add up to the his [Essence + Stamina] temporary dots to the target's Physical Attributes in total and up to Issei's [Essence + Stamina]/3 rounded up to any single one. These temporary dots last until the third DV refresh at which point they are lost, a fatigue penalty equal to (the amount of temporary dots added) -1 is gained (it's the target that gained the penalty, not Issei).
-When the motes are given to an object (Sacred Gears counts as such), the motes can be used to increase its characteristics. Those increases last until the third DV refresh. A characteristic may be increased multiple times. More than one characteristic can be increased at once. It follows this scheme:
--10 motes can be spent to decrease Speed of a weapon of -1 to a minimum of 1.
--10 motes can be spent to increase Rate of a weapon of +1 to a maximum of 4.
--10 motes can be spent to double the value of Accuracy, Damage, Defense or Range.
--10 motes can be spent to double the value of Soak or Hardness of an armor or object.
--If a weapon, armor or another type of object has a special power, or determined effect, 10 motes can be spent to double their effects (at discretion of the GM)
--objects can receive a number of motes up to their (Rating)*10. Normal objects, unless specifically stated, have a Rating of 1. Surpassing this limits will cause them to be damaged or broken.
--Once reached the cap the user must wait until the Boosts fade before he can transfer them again to the same target.
-The user can't choose himself or Boosted Gear as target.

What do you think?

It looks pretty weak compared to its canon counterpart.

seems legit.

so, we could double th effectiveness of twilight healing, or double the damage of Crescent rose, in addition to being able to make the people faster, or smarter, or such.

hmm.

so, does this mean we can randomly boost someone's appearance stat for a while.

we would need stat sheets for other characters though, so we know what we can boost and by how much.

putting them on the first page would probably be too big, so maybe a link to their stats page next to their picture in the "list of important people" section?

@fellgar

i guess, in canon, it can double stuff over and over, this can "JUST" double the attack power of something.

i guess ours is really more like "twice critical" with the ability to lend power, rather than boosted gear.

then again, if we could boost Rias's base damage by the power of Greyskull 20 or whatever bullshit issie can do in canon, it would be super fucking broken.

edit: one problem is that the calculation of how much you can boost stuff seems based on THEIR essence + stamina, and currently we are the only person with essence.

Boosted Gear shouldn't rely on it's Transfer targets also being awakened, it's not native to creation or anything.

perhaps stamina + health? (that's single digits in exalted, right?) or willpower or something?

Are the stats set in stone , or are they going to get better as Issei gains more profficiency with the Boosted Gear ?

Also , why do the targets gain fatigue penalty? I don't recall there being any negative side effects of Transfer , unless the power transferred is more than the target's body can handle .

iamnuff said:
seems legit.

so, we could double th effectiveness of twilight healing, or double the damage of Crescent rose, in addition to being able to make the people faster, or smarter, or such.

hmm.

so, does this mean we can randomly boost someone's appearance stat for a while.

we would need stat sheets for other characters though, so we know what we can boost and by how much.

putting them on the first page would probably be too big, so maybe a link to their stats page next to their picture in the "list of important people" section?

@fellgar

i guess, in canon, it can double stuff over and over, this can "JUST" double the attack power of something.

i guess ours is really more like "twice critical" with the ability to lend power, rather than boosted gear.

then again, if we could boost Rias's base damage by the power of Greyskull 20 or whatever bullshit issie can do in canon, it would be super fucking broken.

edit: one problem is that the calculation of how much you can boost stuff seems based on THEIR essence + stamina, and currently we are the only person with essence.

Boosted Gear shouldn't rely on it's Transfer targets also being awakened, it's not native to creation or anything.

perhaps stamina + health? (that's single digits in exalted, right?) or willpower or something?
In order:

-You can boost only Physical Attributes, which are: Strength, Dexterity and Stamina.
-You can use the doubling power on the same thing/characteristic multiple times. The limit is how much Essence the object can receive.
-Good points. Let me change them.
Brandark said:
Are the stats set in stone , or are they going to get better as Issei gains more profficiency with the Boosted Gear ? Also , why do the targets gain fatigue penalty? I don't recall there being any negative side effects of Transfer , unless the power transferred is more than the target's body can handle .
The second one.

It's to maintain equality: Issei received fatigue penalty for increasing his body beyond his limits, so the same is true for others.

I wonder if repeated exposure to [Transfer] will have any side effects, (I want our harem to become dragon girls).

Carrnage said:
I wonder if repeated exposure to [Transfer] will have any side effects, (I want our harem to become dragon girls).
Who knows? I cannot see the future (okay I can but I can't just spread spoilers left and right).
John At DAwn said:
Alex, my vote for whirlwind sprint isn't shown.
Fixed.

iamnuff said:
@fellgar

More like 1000 something. I don't remember the exact number. Frankly I read the Boosted gear transfer descriptions and I can't help but think that Alexander is confusing Boosted gear with Twice Critical. Its just way weaker then i am expecting. Boosted gear is supposed to work off of cubing the base power while from Alex's work I can't help but think he thinks its supposed to be multiplication. They are both designed around increasing sure but one is able to do way more then the other.

This is Boosted Gear. The loginus? designed to abuse the cubed rule of power multiplication. Not being able to pour all that power into something usable by others just doesn't strike me as a related to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back