• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
Let's think about the resources we have at our disposal first before we start on an acting career or something crazy like that.

1) We can always ask Rias if the peerage would be willing to help out with advertising the shrine. More advertising means more payout in fertility charms so she'll probably jump at this.

2) We can also get in touch with the Japanese pantheon. The fact that we're trying to rebuild a Japanese god's power would probably gain us a fair bit of good will.

3) We can dip into Lore charms and pick up the First Lore Excellency, God-Mind Algorithms, and Firewall-Defying Method. Then we go on a rampage across the internet and hack the accounts of terrorist cells and other groups who could use a good bankrupting and who will be helpless to defend against a Solar hacker.

Fair enough. What about infusing some of the girls with Irresistible Salesman Spirit. Wouldn't be a good way to magnify their effects?

megrisvernin said:
Fair enough. What about infusing some of the girls with Irresistible Salesman Spirit. Wouldn't be a good way to magnify their effects?
What, with Transfer? We can't do that, that ability only creates a general-purpose excellency. Asia and Mittelt would need to invest in Performance for it to have the best effect anyways.

The shrine needs more believers! How do you think this could be accomplished?
[X] Teach Michi and Rin Geomancy, so they can use the Blessed Temple Foundation and the Blessing of Fertility.
I realize it might take a while, but this would probably help out a lot, in the long-term.

Money makes the world move. You're not exception!
[X] Find a way to make money.
-[X] A car wash, with yourself, Asia, Mittelt, Ruby, Yang, Michi, and Rin. If they accept, of course.

Manse: so mysterious! But also expensive!
[X] Try to determine how long modifying Tomofuri's shrine will take.

Smuthunter said:
What, with Transfer? We can't do that, that ability only creates a general-purpose excellency. Asia and Mittelt would need to invest in Performance for it to have the best effect anyways.

So what does

Gifted Excellency - Essence Domination

This Charm is a combination of all three basic Solar Excellencies. Only one of them can be selected and used at each activation, and they are not stackable in the same action. The target can use this Charm for any relevant roll that include an Ability in which he has at least one dot.

Let us give them as far as charms? Are there certain charm trees it unlocks or basic charms it lets us use. I'm afraid I'm having trouble understanding it.

Smuthunter said:
Let's think about the resources we have at our disposal first before we start on an acting career or something crazy like that.

1) We can always ask Rias if the peerage would be willing to help out with advertising the shrine. More advertising means more payout in fertility charms so she'll probably jump at this.

2) We can also get in touch with the Japanese pantheon. The fact that we're trying to rebuild a Japanese god's power would probably gain us a fair bit of good will.

3) We can dip into Lore charms and pick up the First Lore Excellency, God-Mind Algorithms, and Firewall-Defying Method. Then we go on a rampage across the internet and hack the accounts of terrorist cells and other groups who could use a good bankrupting and who will be helpless to defend against a Solar hacker.

I like these ideas.Where's option all of the above at?

Afterall if we're trying to help out the shrine might as well go all the way in. Plus the money, connections to the Japanese pantheonon, and getting closer to the OCC will only help us out in the future.

megrisvernin said:
So what does

Let us give them as far as charms? Are there certain charm trees it unlocks or basic charms it lets us use. I'm afraid I'm having trouble understanding it.
It gives them the three excellencies for every ability for as long as their mote pool lasts. Excellencies are basic charms that alter the way you throw dice when you use an ability. They are prerequisites for many charms in most charm trees but the Transfer ability doesn't give them the ability to buy Solar charms.

The First Excellency of any given ability allows you to throw more dice, usually one die per mote. This makes your effects more powerful and is useful for things like attack rolls where you want as many successes as possible. The Second Excellency allows you to add successes to your die rolls at a cost of 2 motes for one success. This is useful for abilities where lots of dice don't make the success bigger -- either you succeed or you fail.* The Third Excellency just allows you to reroll a failed roll, and is generally considered not useful for reasons I'm not clear on.

*Lore would actually benefit more from this charm than from the First Excellency, now that I think of it.

Smuthunter said:

Hmm. Codify your suggestion on our resources into a vote & I'll support it.

Smuthunter said:
Not what I meant! Really really not what I meant! We don't gain any benefits from socialize and it's not something we'll have use for in the near future unless we go into politics or something. That was supposed to be Intimacy-building time. :(
Eh. isn't Socialize the ability for social manuevering, social, nicities, and understanding social cues and systems?

Something that is marvelously relevant to managing relationships with a large amount of opiniated women or being the face of your own band.

It's very disingenuous to say it holds no benifit.

And I know the Lore is the Skill for programming but don't you need to learn the language? Like the multiple disciplines you need in crafting?

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.
-[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

Larekko12 said:
And I know the Lore is the Skill for programming but don't you need to learn the language? Like the multiple disciplines you need in crafting?
There are no rules covering programming languages in Shards so far as I can see. The only place languages are mentioned in the Lore charms is in Solar Parser Technique, and that one allows you to program anything so long as the code is written in a spoken language you understand, meaning Japanese or English rather than Java or C++.

[X] Get in touch with the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Seek advice and aid in expanding Tomofuri's influence.
-[X] Get in touch with Rias and inform her of your activities. Convince her and the peerage to help out, either as a personal favor which you will repay (and with Raiser coming up we can probably guess how she'll call it in) or in the interest of forging closer ties with the Japanese pantheon.

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.
-[X] Once we have it bankrupt every terrorist organization you can.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers."

I don't think buying a charm just for making money is worth the xp.

[X] Go out and talk with people on the street about the shrine and hand out some flyers.
-[X] Maybe you can convince some of the girls to put on sexy miko outfits and have them help you?

Eler0 said:
[X] Male Modeling & Acting.
-[X] While you're willing to work in advertising try to see if there are any organizations promoting important causes that would be willing to hire you(Poverty Assistance, Food Aid, Awareness of Sexual Assault Abuse, Adoption Agencies, etc)

We have Appearance 5, let's use it
We don't have time to spend on a career. We have too little as it is without also spending hours and hours working a mundane job. The time needed to make a hacking roll is measured in minutes.

Smuthunter said:
We don't have time to spend on a career. We have too little as it is without also spending hours and hours working a mundane job. The time needed to make a hacking roll is measured in minutes.
And the time needed to learn and invent new charms and get the xp for them is measured in days.

Smuthunter said:

"Then we go on a rampage across the internet and hack the accounts of terrorist cells and other groups who could use a good bankrupting and who will be helpless to defend against a Solar hacker"

So not only would we be rolling in the dough but we make the world a better place by bankrupting the likes of terrorist cells and other assholes. Sounds like a win-win to me.

[X] Get in touch with the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Seek advice and aid in expanding Tomofuri's influence.
-[X] Get in touch with Rias and inform her of your activities. Convince her and the peerage to help out, either as a personal favor which you will repay (and with Raiser coming up we can probably guess how she'll call it in) or in the interest of forging closer ties with the Japanese pantheon.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

Eler0 said:
And the time needed to learn and invent new charms and get the xp for them is measured in days.
Days which will be well worth the effort. A modelling career would be far too much of an investment and get us too little in resources to be worth our time, and as soon as we need to spend that time on something else our cash flow dies instantly. But investing in hacking powers allows us to max out our resources score whenever we need it. It's still an investment, but it's an investment which will keep us filthy stinking rich for as long as we want.

Also those days of effort can be spent at our convenience. A modelling career is a 40 to 50 hour work week at minimum, and you don't get to pick your own hours or just quit whenever you want, not if you want to get hired again. Besides which, I'm pretty sure we're too young to be holding down a job in the first place.

Somalia will be in chaos, and then we will head there to bring down all pirates, thus earning reputation.

Issei's Empire Reign shall begin, in the name of the Sun!

We could use our lore dots and buy an excellency in order to make a cell phone app to sell online. That would be a fairly low investment way of making money.

Smuthunter said:
Then we go on a rampage across the internet and hack the accounts of terrorist cells and other groups who could use a good bankrupting and who will be helpless to defend against a Solar hacker.
As someone with a family history of people serving in the military, and whose father, step-father, and uncle have all served in Iraq, I am fucking loving this.

"So, Ise-kun, what did you do on your day off?"

"I bankrupted Al Qaeda."

What year is this quest taking place in anyway? Koneko was mentioned having a smartphone before.

Pfft.

Today, we bankrupt criminals.

Tomorrow, we control the world economy! Muahahahahaha!!!

ZipLopz said:
Pfft.

Today, we bankrupt criminals.

Tomorrow, we control the world economy! Muahahahahaha!!!
Patience grasshopper, we need Bureaucracy charms for that. ;)

actually that just gave me an idea. Rias wanting to move in after we deal with phoenix goes to get necessary permits through magic or whatever only to find we control almost all of the local bureaucracy XD

At least Bright will be happy we've already started on the world domination thing if we do go for control of the world economy. After all if Money makes the world spin and we control the money then we control the world. :p

Also if you guys like it then please officially vote for it if only to make the counting easier.

[X] Go out and talk with people on the street about the shrine and hand out some flyers.
-[X] Maybe you can convince some of the girls to put on sexy miko outfits and have them help you?

Maybe don't go too nuts wih the hacking?

Well, Alexander will deal with that as he see fit I guess.

I'm a little confused by the series of events culminating in Rias's peerage game with Raiser.

The trigger seemed to be when Rias tried to have sex with Issei to get out of engagement but was stopped by Grayfia.

Was Rias about to marry Raiser some time in the near future? I.e. if Issei continues to keep Rias at least a certain distance away, is there any reason to suspect Raiser would show up in the next week?

Just to clarify Smuthunter you want us to ask Rias for help because it'll save us time? So we don't have to spend ours, or our girl's, time directly to try & recruit people?

I'm not opposed to that, but it seems like a relevant post given the number of people voting on an alternative plan.

megrisvernin said:
I'm a little confused by the series of events culminating in Rias's peerage game with Raiser.

The trigger seemed to be when Rias tried to have sex with Issei to get out of engagement but was stopped by Grayfia.

Was Rias about to marry Raiser some time in the near future? I.e. if Issei continues to keep Rias at least a certain distance away, is there any reason to suspect Raiser would show up in the next week?

Just to clarify Smuthunter you want us to ask Rias for help because it'll save us time? So we don't have to spend ours, or our girl's, time directly to try & recruit people?

I'm not opposed to that, but it seems like a relevant post given the number of people voting on an alternative plan.
First, Rias's wedding to Raiser has been on the books for a while before the series began. I imagine part of Rias's push to gather powerful pieces was to make a play against Raiser and fight her way out of the marriage. I think what happened was that Raiser decided to pay her a visit and Rias threw herself at Issei just beforehand. Whether Grayfia predicted such a move or not is unknown, but Rias apparently pushed the wedding forward by challenging Raiser and then losing the rating game.

I want to ask Rias to help us out because the peerage gives us a few extra hands that we can count on to help out. I'm not sure how much help the Japanese pantheon will be -- it's possible we haven't made enough of a name for ourselves to meet with anyone important, so I'm covering our bases from several angles to make sure we don't waste a post on an action that gives us minimal progress towards this goal. Also Rias is our employer and it's polite to let her know what's going on when we interact with non-devil factions.

Smuthunter said:
First, Rias's wedding to Raiser has been on the books for a while before the series began. I imagine part of Rias's push to gather powerful pieces was to make a play against Raiser and fight her way out of the marriage. I think what happened was that Raiser decided to pay her a visit and Rias threw herself at Issei just beforehand. Whether Grayfia predicted such a move or not is unknown, but Rias apparently pushed the wedding forward by challenging Raiser and then losing the rating game.
Not exactly. Rias came to Issei because Issei because she remembered it and tried to break out of it that way. Then, what happened was that the wedding was decided to happen earlier. But they offered Rias one last 'chance' to break out of it, by a Rating game. She was expected to lose however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back