• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Smuthunter said:
I don't think the difference actually matters. The first vote is vague on how we want Rias and the peerage to help us, the second one just says what we should ask for. They may as well just be rolled together.
We're going to Sona rather than Rias in the new plan. Then again, small difference I guess.

[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.
-[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

Money makes the world move. You're not exception!
[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

Manse: so mysterious! But also expensive!
[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

The shrine needs more believers! How do you think this could be accomplished?
[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.
-[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

Surprised my vote had success I'll prepare a vote count...

Preparing a more coherent manual count. I note Drakebane voted for two plans. I'd appreciate him indicating which is his current vote. I'd like it if Megaolix cut put a strikethrough his incomplete votes. Since he indicated he was edited his earlier vote to include I think I got his correctly but I'd prefer to be sure.

Vote Count: 11
Supporters: Silversun17, Gnarker, Melfician, Prince Charon, megrisvernin, Megaolix, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Brandark, ZipLopz, Diller

[X] Get in touch with the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Seek advice and aid in expanding Tomofuri's influence.
-[X] Get in touch with Rias and inform her of your activities. Convince her and the peerage to help out, either as a personal favor which you will repay (and with Raiser coming up we can probably guess how she'll call it in) or in the interest of forging closer ties with the Japanese pantheon.
Vote Count: 9
Supporters: iamnuff, Deathwings, Walkir, Odysseus2099, ZipLopz, Fellgar, shadowward, noahgab1133, Drakebane, Diller

[X] Go out and talk with people on the street about the shrine and hand out some flyers.
-[X] Maybe you can convince some of the girls to put on sexy miko outfits and have them help you?
-[X] Once we have it bankrupt every terrorist organization you can.
[X] Try to determine how long modifying Tomofuri's shrine will take.
Vote Count: 3
Supporters: Drakebane, staplesdex2, Eler0

[X] Teach Michi and Rin Geomancy, so they can use the Blessed Temple Foundation and the Blessing of Fertility.
I realize it might take a while, but this would probably help out a lot, in the long-term.
[X] Find a way to make money.
-[X] A car wash, with yourself, Asia, Mittelt, Ruby, Yang, Michi, and Rin. If they accept, of course.
[X] Try to determine how long modifying Tomofuri's shrine will take.
Vote Count: 1
Supporters: Selias

Last edited by a moderator:

I know that this is off topic, but you guys need to see this...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-19/yen-press-adds-a-certain-magical-index-light-novels

I don't know what to think!

Anyway, I guess I'll change my vote, too.

New vote-

Winning Vote by 1

Vote Count: 10
Supporters: Silversun17, Gnarker, Melfician, Prince Charon, megrisvernin, Megaolix, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Brandark, ZipLopz

ZipLopz said:
I know that this is off topic, but you guys need to see this...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-19/yen-press-adds-a-certain-magical-index-light-novels

I don't know what to think!
A resounding "meh". That series could never hold my attention, and its main character has about 1/10th of Issei's character.

Smuthunter said:
A resounding "meh". That series could never hold my attention, and its main character has about 1/10th of Issei's character.

The first two episode are quite strong in my opinion after that it declines in quality. Railgun though, is a lot better.

Damn and I was about to read all the LNs too.

Oh yeah changing vote. Quick question how do I do that thing that crosses out text?

Diller said:
Damn and I was about to read all the LNs too.

Oh yeah changing vote. Quick question how do I do that thing that crosses out text?

Edit & highlight the text you want a strikethrough through than click on the button fourth from the left with an S with a line through it.

so which vote is winning now?

noahgab1133 said:
so which vote is winning now?

This by 2 votes.

Vote Count: 11
Supporters: Silversun17, Gnarker, Melfician, Prince Charon, megrisvernin, Megaolix, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Brandark, ZipLopz, Diller

Smuthunter said:

Not ... really? They both have more or less the same levels of characterization.

Then again, I never quite got the appeal people felt for Issei.

EDIT: Whoops. Kinda off-topic. Oh well, ignore this post please.

I'll roughly agree with that Dimensionist, mostly because of the odd amnesia thing they did to Touma midway through his first story arc.

Also I would really like a scene with Sona for three reasons.

1) I want to see her as a student president in action. Issei's request is...pretty mundane as it goes. He can even reveal the connection to the shrine, that he wants to raise their status & attract new people to the shrine without breaking the masquerade. The japanese believe pretty strongly in good luck charms and the like. I want to know if she'll break the masquerade or offer good advice to him.
2) Rias's reaction should be good. She's been trying to recruit Issei for a while & even slept naked near us recently. Issei has been remarkably circumspect about her efforts & she's being blocked a bit by Mittelt. Then along goes Issei speaking to Sona, the head of the major Peerage in rivalry to hers, & she can't even blame us for it because IC she thinks we don't know of her status as a devil & we're going for a pretty mundane request. I sort of want to see Issei play it straight when she finds out about it & how she can't deny the student president is the person to speak about getting permission to plant flowers on campus. Comedic potential is great.
3) I want to see Rias heighten her efforts to seduce Issei. With us having already bedded Mittelt(I'm nearly possible the fallen angel bragged about it to Rias when they were upstairs together) Issei being as spectacular a specimen of a mate as he always is, the recent reveal of how the devil pieces change the genetic relation among her peerage & potentially a meeting with Raiser at the forefront of her mind I expect her to step up her game.

megrisvernin said:
I'll roughly agree with that Dimensionist, mostly because of the odd amnesia thing they did to Touma midway through his first story arc.

Also I would really like a scene with Sona for three reasons.

1) I want to see her as a student president in action. Issei's request is...pretty mundane as it goes. He can even reveal the connection to the shrine, that he wants to raise their status & attract new people to the shrine without breaking the masquerade. The japanese believe pretty strongly in good luck charms and the like. I want to know if she'll break the masquerade or offer good advice to him.
2) Rias's reaction should be good. She's been trying to recruit Issei for a while & even slept naked near us recently. Issei has been remarkably circumspect about her efforts & she's being blocked a bit by Mittelt. Then along goes Issei speaking to Sona, the head of the major Peerage in rivalry to hers, & she can't even blame us for it because IC she thinks we don't know of her status as a devil & we're going for a pretty mundane request. I sort of want to see Issei play it straight when she finds out about it & how she can't deny the student president is the person to speak about getting permission to plant flowers on campus. Comedic potential is great.
3) I want to see Rias heighten her efforts to seduce Issei. With us having already bedded Mittelt(I'm nearly possible the fallen angel bragged about it to Rias when they were upstairs together) Issei being as spectacular a specimen of a mate as he always is, the recent reveal of how the devil pieces change the genetic relation among her peerage & potentially a meeting with Raiser at the forefront of her mind I expect her to step up her game.

All good points , and more or less my reasoning when I picked the Sona option .

But one thing is bugging me a little bit . After that disturbing reveal about the evil chess pieces , is Rias still going to try to recruit Issei by seduction ?

Do Devils even care about incest? I mean, if they're trying to go for 'purity' (as seems to be the case in canon), and if Devils don't suffer the biological problems involved in an incest coupling ...

Dimensionist said:
Do Devils even care about incest? I mean, if they're trying to go for 'purity' (as seems to be the case in canon), and if Devils don't suffer the biological problems involved in an incest coupling ...

Rias is not a normal devil in a lot of ways. She choose to go to the human world so she could be herself & regularly attends a human school with human peers. All of her Peerage except maybe Koneko are former humans themselves. I'd expect a lot of attitude bleedover from that. I tend to agree incest can't be that much of an issue. If it was a real problem, you'd think people would have noticed that mates in the same peerage would have a higher incidence rate of defects & health complications. Considering the low number of devils there are(why the fertility charms matter) this is the kind of thing they'd be watching out for. But it just needs to be an issue in Rias's mind to be a hinderance.

Dimensionist said:
The closest we've seen is a very twisted guy having a very twisted love for his sister. So yeah, I would say they care.

megrisvernin said:
Rias is not a normal devil in a lot of ways. She choose to go to the human world so she could be herself & regularly attends a human school with human peers. All of her Peerage except maybe Koneko are former humans themselves. I'd expect a lot of attitude bleedover from that. I tend to agree incest can't be that much of an issue. If it was a real problem, you'd think people would have noticed that mates in the same peerage would have a higher incidence rate of defects & health complications. Considering the low number of devils there are(why the fertility charms matter) this is the kind of thing they'd be watching out for. But it just needs to be an issue in Rias's mind to be a hinderance.
The chance wouldn't be too bad, actually. And from the fact that members of the peerage don't seem to gain access to any special abilities possessed by their Master, such as Rias's Power of Destruction, I'm guessing that Ajuka put a filter on the thing, filtering out the various families unique traits. Having it also filter out recessive traits would be simple to do.

Brandark said:
All good points , and more or less my reasoning when I picked the Sona option .

But one thing is bugging me a little bit . After that disturbing reveal about the evil chess pieces , is Rias still going to try to recruit Issei by seduction ?

Well..She's not related to him now is she?

Issei did make a number of lust heavy comments about the female form around Rias & Akeno. They know he has a heavy sex drive. It's almost certain Mittelt told them they were sleeping together. A really good question is if they know he's sleeping with Aika.

This has to be immensely frustrating to Rias on a number of levels. I'm sure as a Devil & the heir to a great family she likes being known on her own merits, but I think she expects to win. Having Issei not responding all that much to her seduction attempts & to be sleeping with two of the last people she'd expect, Aika & Mittelt. The first is at the bottom of the female social hierarchy & someone who even the Idiot Trio were(I think) a little uncomfortable around. Mittelt because Raynore tried to murder Issei & that Mittelt was working with her, if not in full knowledge of her intentions, towards taking the Sacred Gear from Asia. That Issei forgave & welcome her into his circle of friends, & then slept with her!, has to be a little...frustrating. Losing to both another rival species & to someone not even close to the same social status.

Remember that Rias has really done everything she can on the seduction angle she can while being subtle & literally everything she can without outright offering her body to him. She climbed into his bed naked, & only made a nominal complaint when he felt up her chest. Issei was still very calm & didn't even start drooling or rambling like an idiot. Issei isn't biting & she's run out of easy tools to motivate him. She was interrupted by Mittelt who I'm sure implied she's already offering Issei her body. Rias also knows, if only from Mittelt's comments, that Issei has the young impressionable Asia whose life he saved also living with him. She might be aware that he's also sleeping with Aika.

As an affiliate of her Peerage Rias is already obligated to provide much of the support Issei would normally get by joining her peerage. He has her implicit support & reputation & can call on them in battle. What more can she really offer or tempt her with than her body?

That we're going to Sona, even if she thinks we don't know her as a devil, for assistance in the matter with the shrine should tell her that we don't see Rias as our only point of contact or first person to ask for assistance even among girls our age. It's most certainly not going to help that when they were younger Sona had a bad habit of stealing things like her doll out of her bag. In a way our ignorance of her status is the ultimate red flag for Rias in her mind. Sona can ingratiate herself & tempt us without us being aware that we're flirting with a rival faction(if a friendly one) so even our nascent loyalty to her won't even come to the forefront. No I can't imagine Rias is going to take the idea of losing us to Sona well at all.

None of the revelations over the next week are going to help her either. Just imagine when she meets Yang & Ruby. My particular feel when Rias meets them is that she's going to strongly suspect Issei has two preferences in the girls he likes, blonde and/or a young/energetic/naive(cute?) feel to them. Neither of which she falls into. That she learns we have 3 Sacred Gear Users & a reasonably combat capable fallen angel might make her fear that as we build our own power structure we'll have less of a need of even our current relationship with her.

All of this together is going to make her feel a little vulnerable & jealous. The man she's interested might have an interest in other types of women, will almost have as much combat potential on his side then her own Peerage & is meeting with the heir of a Rival Devil Famiy who can provide all of the reputational advantages Rias can offer & doesn't even know it so she can't even assume we'd decline her advanced out of a misplaced sense of loyalty. Add that in that Rias knows she is affianced to Raiser while Sona is free...and it isn't a position that Rias is going to feel comfortable in.

I imagine that there's a strong emotional component to it as well. Rias came to the human world to live on her own merits & if she isn't able to stake a claim soon, she'll have her future for her decided by her father in her marriage with Raiser. Ignoring whether her own family would accept it, or even Sona's opinion she knows she hasn't won us over, that by all signs we seem on the edge of drifting out of her own sphere of influence. If she can't win us over, if she can't seduce us a human then...her own personal reasons & arguments against a relationship with Raiser go away. If she can't win us over, then can she really find an attractive mate on her own? Can she truly carry on her family lineage one way or another?

Yeppp. Rias is going to have a lot of pressure, from just about every point in her mind to finally openly flirt & seduce us. To make her romantic interest in us plain take the initiative and "shock of shocks" ask us to go on a date with her. And frankly all I can say is about time.

*sees above*

I...

Is it wrong that I want to make a meme pic with the caption, 'Being Rias is Suffering'?

ZipLopz said:
*sees above*

I...

Is it wrong that I want to make a meme pic with the caption, 'Being Rias is Suffering'?

it's not suffering! She can fix all of this. All she needs to stop doing is doing the absolutely irritating Japanese dating custom of requiring the male to initiate things in dating. She's a devil for goodness sake. Heir to a Great Family & We've done everything to make us an attractive mate.

She doesn't have any excuse & shouldn't have any inclination to not just straight ask us out. I'm convinced that this is the equivalent of one of those Japanese tropes, like that virginity is something to "save for someone", that causes a lot of people heartache for no reason. She should ask us! If Rias can't do that, if she can't swallow a little of her pride to openly state her interest in us as a mate. My interest in her as one of the girls in Issei's life goes down immensely.

megrisvernin said:

Yes , that works .

In fact , now that I think about it , the timing of the Raiser Arc is perfect for this situation . It gives her a reason to compete for our heart other than to include us in our peerage .

It also provides her with the final push to become honest and open about her feelings for us .

Brandark said:
Yes , that works .

In fact , now that I think about it , the timing of the Raiser Arc is perfect for this situation . It gives her a reason to compete for our heart other than to include us in our peerage .

It also provides her with the final push to become honest and open about her feelings for us .

Exactly. Issei as we've characterized him won't betray the feelings a girl has in him. From his perspective Rias is tempting him with her body, but he's already Mittelt's lover & has a friends with benefits setup with Aika. That in itself is complicated enough & he knows it might bring them heartache if he adds her just out of his own lustful desires. So he won't, not unless she makes it clear she likes him. Then he'll make it work. Not until she does it, & I want to see her step down off a pedestal, especially since she left the Devil world precisely because she didn't want to be treated based on her family name. I only want her to treat Issei how she wants to be treated & approach him as one girl interested in a guy not as the heir of a great Devil Family expecting a mate to dance to her tune.

She either is her own person, or the heir of a great family. She doesn't get to pick between them merely when it's convenient for her.

*Read last posts*

Oh dear, Mes's post makes a lot of sense.

And while I more of less predicted emotional baggage...not on this level. But's it's logical. But I don't know if I can write it well.

Advices? I don't want to write it bad.

She may need Akeno to point this out to her, she seems like she has a good grip on things, and has been spending alot of time with Issei what with teaching him magic and all, and for her first priority is looking out for Rias, and I wouldn't be surprised if her and Issei have talked about this sort of thing off camera as it where, I can see it as something Akeno would needle Issei over just like Yang did, and note that Issei did seem like he already had his answer when Yang brought it up

ymmv of course but thats my take on things, I could very easily see Akeno taking Rias aside, particularly if she knows how little Issei reacted to finding her naked in his bed and the whole Mittelt thing and giving her some advice.

Alexander said:
*Read last posts*

Oh dear, Mes's post makes a lot of sense.

And while I more of less predicted emotional baggage...not on this level. But's it's logical. But I don't know if I can write it well.

Advices? I don't want to write it bad.

For the snippets that deal with the romantic parts , you can write them in Rashomon style , perhaps ? Once from Issei's p.o.v , and the other from the p.o.v of the girl concerned , including what they are thinking about at that point of time .

It will give us a handle on what she is feeling , her motivations , her emotional baggages etc. and add depth to her character, without dragging the plot on for too long .

I should point out that this is my read of Rias comes , from some wiki walks a few fanfics but for the most part her characterization in this quest. I'm not familiar with her depiction in the Light Novels, manga or Anime. strongly invite other questers to indicate where I am wrong or alternative arguments why my interpretation of her is off base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back