• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

megrisvernin said:
Anyone know anything abut school gardens, garden clubs, certain school officials liking flowers...etc
Well, that's an idea to meet Sona early while staying IC, I guess. She would know all of that for sure.

How would flowers bring in people again?

Megaolix said:
Well, that's an idea to meet Sona early while staying IC, I guess. She would know all of that for sure.

How would flowers bring in people again?

People need a reason to believe that the shrine has power, effects. Playing up the "kami of life" is an easier sell then fertility. Not that many high schoolers want to get pregnant. If they believe that the Shrine can add vigor & health to plants & animals, they may bring sick relatives or pray for those they love to get better.

Plus Japan as a culture, from what I observe, has a certain appreciation for nature. Having the plants in full bloom & having a vibrant energetic environment should go over well. If nothing else the gender ratio might make a lot of guys want the school to look beatiful(as well as gardens & parks) so their dating prospects improve.

I'd prefer to bless a gardening club, since that'll gurantee at least a few followers if it's successful.

megrisvernin said:
People need a reason to believe that the shrine has power, effects. Playing up the "kami of life" is an easier sell then fertility. Not that many high schoolers want to get pregnant. If they believe that the Shrine can add vigor & health to plants & animals, they may bring sick relatives or pray for those they love to get better.

Plus Japan as a culture, from what I observe, has a certain appreciation for nature. Having the plants in full bloom & having a vibrant energetic environment should go over well. If nothing else the gender ratio might make a lot of guys want the school to look beatiful(as well as gardens & parks) so their dating prospects improve.

I'd prefer to bless a gardening club, since that'll gurantee at least a few followers if it's successful.
Something you may want to speak to the two girls outside about then. They probably won't mind helping here and they'll do better than us talking about the shrine at any rate.

Megaolix said:
Something you may want to speak to the two girls outside about then. They probably won't mind helping here and they'll do better than us talking about the shrine at any rate.
Hmm. I suppose they might be able to help.

Maybe we could head to a fertility clinic and advertise the shrine?

hmmm, I would think expectant mothers would be a good target as well, after all a good pregnancy would be within To-kun's perview ya?

Hey guys, instead of a vote on acting now... Why not just seek advice? I suggest this:

[X] Seek advice on the matter. Rias may have an idea for you to act on.

Rias is interested in seeing this work too. And since something to locate 'greed' to put fliers for summoning is a thing... Why not a tweak to seek those who want a child and put a flier for the shrine instead?

This is something long term after all. Instant solutions that will solve the matter immediately should not be expected.

First, to the person asking about flowers and gardens and such, here's a map of the school:

Hs_ep10-02.jpg

This is what the school looks like from the front and back. The back is considerably more barren because it's a dirt lot used for sports practice.

Kuoh_Academy_new.JPG

Kuoh_academy.PNG

I only see one or two options for putting charms up around the school, and that's on the front walk. We could probably get permission from Sona (via Rias) to plant a garden around that fountain and put some charms there. If the flowers spring up in an unnaturally short time we could spread rumors about the charms and how they came from Tomofuri's shrine.

As for the shrine itself, we could place a bunch of charms around the shrine and made it flowery and beautiful, like a park. People would come just for the flowers and the atmosphere rather than to worship, but then we have the shrine maidens pointing out how the fertility charms are all over the place.

Smuthunter said:
I only see one or two options for putting charms up around the school, and that's on the front walk. We could probably get permission from Sona (via Rias) to plant a garden around that fountain and put some charms there. If the flowers spring up in an unnaturally short time we could spread rumors about the charms and how they came from Tomofuri's shrine.

As for the shrine itself, we could place a bunch of charms around the shrine and made it flowery and beautiful, like a park. People would come just for the flowers and the atmosphere rather than to worship, but then we have the shrine maidens pointing out how the fertility charms are all over the place.
Seems like a plan with more substance than the idea of contacting others gods anyway. Should we write the idea into a vote?

Actually, here we go.

[X] See Rias about having a garden around the fountain with some charms from the shrine helping the birth of flowers. Should it catch enough attention, could it have students visiting the shrine and give more faith, if you spread rumors about a blessing from the shrine?
-[X] Flowers around the shrine may also attract more visitors...

At the very least, Rias would probably like the image even if she doesn't think it would work and shot it down.

Editing my vote for that plan.

Megaolix said:
Seems like a plan with more substance than the idea of contacting others gods anyway. Should we write the idea into a vote?
I wouldn't mind adding it to the vote but I'm adamant on meeting with the Japanese gods or their priests at some point. It doesn't matter if we're a Solar or not, we're going to make waves and get noticed by them at some point so we may as well feel them out now. At the very least we'll learn how they fit into the setting and maybe what their agenda is and other information like that.

Smuthunter said:
I wouldn't mind adding it to the vote but I'm adamant on meeting with the Japanese gods or their priests at some point. It doesn't matter if we're a Solar or not, we're going to make waves and get noticed by them at some point so we may as well feel them out now. At the very least we'll learn how they fit into the setting and maybe what their agenda is and other information like that.

I'm not familiar with DxD is the local Japanese Pantheon powerful in the series? What benefits(besides actually helping getting shrine visitors) could they offer us?

megrisvernin said:
I'm not familiar with DxD is the local Japanese Pantheon powerful in the series? What benefits(besides actually helping getting shrine visitors) could they offer us?
The Japanese pantheon doesn't appear in DxD. The closest we ever get to them is Yasaka, the nine-tailed fox who presides over the youkai in the Kyoto area. She has power on par with an ultimate-class devil (meaning waaaaaaay above us for the time being) and a daughter who is rather remarkable for not joining Issei's harem.

This only makes it more important that we find out about them; there is no existing information on them since they're Alexander's original creations, so they may have any number of reasons to oppose us or aid us and any number of ways to do so.

Smuthunter said:
This only makes it more important that we find out about them; there is no existing information on them since they're Alexander's original creations, so they may have any number of reasons to oppose us or aid us and any number of ways to do so.
Reminder:

"Yes. You see, Tomofuri-sama-" You smile and point to the little Kami perched on your head. "Was part of the Faction of Japanese Kami that declared itself neutral and refused to classify Devils as "Evil Beings"." Tomofuri nods enthusiastically. "So he's more than willing to collaborate with them."
If we're going to try finding more of them, maybe ask Tomofuri who else was part of that group first. We don't want to see a God who decided Devils were evils, do we?

How's this for an updated vote?

The shrine needs more believers! How do you think this could be accomplished?
[] Get in touch with the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps Tomofuri knows a way to contact them? Seek advice and aid in expanding Tomofuri's influence.
-[] See Rias about having a garden around the fountain with some charms from the shrine helping the birth of flowers. Should it catch enough attention, could it have students visiting the shrine and give more faith, if you spread rumors about a blessing from the shrine?
-[] Flowers around the shrine may also attract more visitors...

I almost want to add a line about asking the student president about a plan to promote interest in gardening(renovating & helping improve the plants & flowers on campus) which we're partnering with those maintaining the shrine. Just to see Rias act all flustered about us seeing the other rival devil on campus. That she better up her game or we might end up in the claws of a different peerage all together!

Money makes the world move. You're not exception!
[] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

Manse: so mysterious! But also expensive!
[] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

Megaolix said:
If we're going to try finding more of them, maybe ask Tomofuri who else was part of that group first. We don't want to see a God who decided Devils were evils, do we?

That would be smart. don't need to piss off any gods right now. Loki is going to be enough of a hassle (and god help us if we have to fight Shiva)
Also
Smuthunter said:
a daughter who is rather remarkable for not joining Issei's harem.

"Kunou smiled and called my name, holding Yasaka-san's hand.

"Just calling me Ise is fine."

Hearing my words, Kunou's face went red and shyly asked:

"...Ise. Are, are you still coming back to Kyoto?"

"Ah, yes, definitely."

A series of high pitched noises.

The sound of the train about to leave echoed across the platform. Kunou shouted at me:

"You must come back! Kunou will always wait for you!"

Volume 9 New life.

she definitely has a crush on Ise but isn't officially in the harem.

Megaolix said:
Too bad Issei doesn't know Sona is a Devil yet. She probably would have good advice here.
He knows: Kiyome Abe told him. But Rias and the others don't know that he already knows.
megrisvernin said:
What's the season anyways?
Spring.
megrisvernin said:
Like Smuthunter said, they're my original creation for this quest. I can tell you about them because In-Game Issei knows too thanks to his high Lore and Occult rating:
Shinto Pantheon: the Pantheon of Gods that rule over Japan

As a rule they are territorial and don't like the interference of other mythologies on their territory. Initially neutral during the Great War, they grudgingly took a side when it was clear that the War would escalate so greatly to eventually engulf Japan.

However, they suffered from internal division: Japanese Youkai who lived in the Underworld sided with the Fallen Angels in response to Devils' oppression; many Minor Kami and some Major Kami refused to fight, either because of their convictions or because their purview made them ill-fitted for battle.

The remaining Kami and human followers, such as Onmyouji, sided with the Angels but adopted a defensive policy, keeping Japan clear of enemies while making long-term plans. It's rumored they were making a secret alliance with other Eastern Mythology to present an united front against involvement on the War.

But then the War ended before any of that could become a reality.

Nowadays, reflecting Japan's change, the Shinto pantheon mellowed out and started concentrating on preserving Japan's supernatural culture. They also started having relationships, albeit scarcely, with other Mythologies.

In regard to Devils, those who have a territory in Japan bought them from the Shinto Pantheon in exchange of a territory in the Underworld: it seems like the Shinto Gods use those territories as a safe heaven for supernatural creatures that requires special conditions to prosper.

The Shinto Gods of particular reputation are:
-Amaterasu: Goddess of the Sun and Ruler of the Shinto Pantheon
-Susano-o: God of Storms, brother of Amaterasu
-Tsukiyomi: God of the Moon, brother of Amaterasu and Susano-o
-Izanagi: Forefather of the Gods, God of Creation and Life
-Izanami: Foremother of the Gods, Ruler of Yomi, Goddess of Creation and Death
-Hachiman: God of War and, curiously enough, Agriculture
-Inari: God of Rice and Goddess of Food, among other domains; has two forms, one male and the other female, but only one personality
-Fujin: God of Wind; he is considered the creator of the Oni race (since he looks like one)
-Raijin: Goddess of Lightning; along with Fujin, she is considered the creator of the Oni race (since she looks like one)

-Ryūjin: Sacred Dragon of the Sea; while not a God, he has a reputation on par with the other Gods and work together with them

Threat Level: "You don't want to fuck with them. Ever."

Ryūjin , Sacred Dragon of the Sea , huh? That means his domain is Water.

As a dragon he seems the most suitable candidate for first contact with the Shinto pantheon . On top of that , considering the fact he has water based powers , and we have the Raiser fight coming up , this has the potential to work out very nicely indeed .

My only concern is if we have enough time at our hand or not.

The shrine needs more believers! How do you think this could be accomplished?
[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.
-[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

I want to talk to Sona ourselves for a few reasons. I want to find out how much she knows about us & what business exactly she'll initiate of her own behalf while we meet with her.

By the way is DxD one of those shows with a ridiculously powerful student government? One with a lot of authority over Kuoh Academy?

Alexander said:
He knows: Kiyome Abe told him. But Rias and the others don't know that he already knows.Spring.Like Smuthunter said, they're my original creation for this quest. I can tell you about them because In-Game Issei knows too thanks to his high Lore and Occult rating:
Shouldn't Susano-o be the god of the Sea and Storms?

Selias said:
Shouldn't Susano-o be the god of the Sea and Storms?
Since him and Ryūjin share the same domain, nowadays Susano-o rules the weather above the sea, while Ryūjin rules below the sea, that is the oceanic deeps.

megrisvernin said:
By the way is DxD one of those shows with a ridiculously powerful student government? One with a lot of authority over Kuoh Academy?
Rias has pretty much as much influence, if not more since this is her territory.

Anyway, changed my vote to match yours. Anyone else feel like copying the new vote?

[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.
-[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

megrisvernin said:
Only if by powerful you mean "dangerous combatants". A lot of authority? More then normal, but that's more of a function of who's in it, rather then the position itself.

Megaolix said:
Rias has pretty much as much influence, if not more since this is her territory.
It "worse" then that: the Gremory family are co-owners of the school itself, along with the Sitri family. They appear to have bought it and renovated it when their heirs(Rias and Souna) began their education their. Or Rias and Souna went there because their families own it. It's a bit unclear.

And before wonders why how they can own it: both families own corporations and stock in the human world. They are ridiculously wealthy, to the point that when Issei wanted to bring back a souvenir, a castle was actually considered.

Let me repeat: building a castle for someone is viewed as a suitable souvenir.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Shinto gods exist in canon, they just haven't shown up on screen yet. Wasn't Odin in Japan to talk to them in volume 7?

John At DAwn said:
I'm pretty sure Shinto gods exist in canon, they just haven't shown up on screen yet. Wasn't Odin in Japan to talk to them in volume 7?

Yep

"Geezer, don't you think you came a bit early to visit here? The date of your arrival should have been few days ahead. The reason for your visit this time is so you can talk with the Japanese Gods right? Michael and Sirzechs would be the middleman and I would be sitting with you in the meeting…..right?"

Vol 7 Life 2 part 1

Geh. Just saw how many people voted before this new plan. How are we going to turn the vote for the new plan again?

Megaolix said:
Geh. Just saw how many people voted before this new plan. How are we going to turn the vote for the new plan again?
I don't think the difference actually matters. The first vote is vague on how we want Rias and the peerage to help us, the second one just says what we should ask for. They may as well just be rolled together.

some of us have changed our vote already, anyway, hopefully Alexander will go with what will work best, we do have common sense after all, so fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back