• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Be cool with that: "Wow, I look good today!" (you don't think you can pull it out though)

[X] Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME ! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on. (fistpump)
-[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.
-[X] Tough once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

[X] Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME ! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on. (fistpump)
-[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.
-[X] Tough once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

[X] Run away, find a desert place and ask the voices in your head just what the fuck is going on! (it's their fault. It's definitely their fault)

Eler0 said:
Well, at least the Appearance was worth it.

Vote is good, but I am been advised against mentioning the chain of events before multiple times. So this time is good, but this will be the last time I wrote about it. This is done in your interest, since it ruins the story if abused.

[X] Freak out: "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!??!" (appropriate you suppose)

Alexander said:
Vote is good, but I am been advised against mentioning the chain of events before multiple times. So this time is good, but this will be the last time I wrote about it. This is done in your interest, since it ruins the story if abused.
Ah, sorry, I though that just going "after yesterday, THIS IS NOTHING" was too short to really count as a stunt. First time I actually write up my own stunt.

Changing my vote to this

[X] Be cool with that: "Wow, I look good today!" (you don't think you can pull it out though)

No matter how much easier things might be if we had speced differently. This update has made it worth it. Heh.

THE APOCALYPSE IS COMING

How much exp do we get for knocking out people with our looks?

protoss16 said:
How much exp do we get for knocking out people with our looks?

.... technically it would be considered social combat... huh.... >:D

Last edited by a moderator:

[X] " I've been airbrushed. I don't know how to feel."

dash931 said:
Pretty much what Protoss said. I prefer Rihaku style, because it means headache-inducingly stupid plans don't win even if they somehow get a significant portion of the votes. And making debate valuable beyond trying to convince the other players means more people will discuss things, which leads to better tactics and decisions as well.

That's part of playing in quests, though. Stupid plans can also be entertaining in their effects, because winning every single time is just wish fulfillment and kinda boring.

-[X] Though once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

Dimensionist said:
That's part of playing in quests, though. Stupid plans can also be entertaining in their effects, because winning every single time is just wish fulfillment and kinda boring.
You're in a DxD quest thread and yet you're turning up your nose at wish fulfillment? ???

Smuthunter said:
You're in a DxD quest thread and yet you're turning up your nose at wish fulfillment? ???

It's the kinda boring part that gets me. ;)

-[X] Though once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

[X] "I've been airbrushed... I feel violated. And not in a good way."

Yes if you do recognize this i'm fairly sure it came from one of the Worm/Exalted stories, no idea which one. ... wait a minute, something about a Lightbulb/show or something I think, written by that author with a picture of SM's Artemis for an avatar, I think?

ShadowAngelBeta said:

Yes if you do recognize this i'm fairly sure it came from one of the Worm/Exalted stories, no idea which one. ... wait a minute, something about a Lightbulb/show or something I think, written by that author with a picture of SM's Artemis for an avatar, I think?
Memoirs of a Human Flashlight, by Golden Lark.

ShadowAngelBeta said:

Memoirs of a Human Flashlight by Golden Lark, featuring Taylor as a Twilight caste Solar with the cape name of Lightshow.

Dimensionist said:
I'm not objecting to the occasional bad idea or mistake, because those are things. They're even more things when playing a civilian rather than a super-competent badass.

I am objecting to openly out-of-character votes going through without even a word, like 'Let's chop down trees in the forest of the Fae we've been befriending for a long time now', and votes that the character has the skills, knowledge, and experience to know as foolish.

There's a balance to these things, as ever.

dash931 said:
I'm not objecting to the occasional bad idea or mistake, because those are things. They're even more things when playing a civilian rather than a super-competent badass.

I am objecting to openly out-of-character votes going through without even a word, like 'Let's chop down trees in the forest of the Fae we've been befriending for a long time now', and votes that the character has the skills, knowledge, and experience to know as foolish.

There's a balance to these things, as ever.

I'll throw in my two cents on this subject.

First off, that's not really part of Rihaku's system though. His system is one in which he makes the decisions and players have to convince him to go with their plan instead of convincing the other players, which is why the best plan wins most of the time.
It's less GMing and more assisted story writing, as votes are meaningless and the writer may decide to take the option with the least amount of votes just because he wants to.

The GM should tell the players what the PC knows about possible consequences of an action but ultimately it should be about the players making the final call on whether or not to do something, instead of the GM doing so. Of course, GM always has the right to veto something awfully out of character, like suddenly punching a friend in the face with aggravated damage without any reason to do so.
On the other hand, using your example, if the players really need wood for something, chopping down some trees in the forest of the Fae would be one way to go about obtaining it but GM should also point out that you know it will probably end up pissing the Fae off, which is something Alexander has been doing all along.

The stupid votes win because nobody goes 'Wait a minute, this may be a bad idea because X, maybe we should do Y instead', not because of the GM is not doing his job right or because the system is flawed but because we, as players, have overlooked something or have intentionally picked a choice that may have negative consequences.

P_D said:
I'll throw in my two cents on this subject.

First off, that's not really part of Rihaku's system though. His system is one in which he makes the decisions and players have to convince him to go with their plan instead of convincing the other players, which is why the best plan wins most of the time.
It's less GMing and more assisted story writing, as votes are meaningless and the writer may decide to take the option with the least amount of votes just because he wants to.

The GM should tell the players what the PC knows about possible consequences of an action but ultimately it should be about the players making the final call on whether or not to do something, instead of the GM doing so. Of course, GM always has the right to veto something awfully out of character, like suddenly punching a friend in the face with aggravated damage without any reason to do so.
On the other hand, using your example, if the players really need wood for something, chopping down some trees in the forest of the Fae would be one way to go about obtaining it but GM should also point out that you know it will probably end up pissing the Fae off, which is something Alexander has been doing all along.

The stupid votes win because nobody goes 'Wait a minute, this may be a bad idea because X, maybe we should do Y instead', not because of the GM is not doing his job right or because the system is flawed but because we, as players, have overlooked something or have intentionally picked a choice that may have negative consequences.

Wish there was a 'like' feature on QQ. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back