• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] Freak out: "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!??!" (appropriate you suppose)

Dimensionist said:
Wish there was a 'like' feature on QQ. :(
Look at the top of the post, see the up-arrow (a bit to the left of the quote button). It is the like button. (likes are called respect? What is this?)

So I think this is the winning vote:

[X] Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME ! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on. (fistpump)
-[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness light by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.
-[X] Though once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

If there are no objections I will proceed to write the next part. Now, I promised a modicum of advice and so I will provide it:

-IC Knowledge: Kiba promised to present you to someone who can help with Yuuma after School. School time in this quest if from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, every day but Sunday. Lunch time starts at 12:30 AM and lasts for about 40 minutes.
-You have still 2 BP to use. You can't use Xp to instantly raise something (In-Game reason is Solar Haxx and Bright Shattered Ice fooling around). You can spend BP by accessing your mindscape and let Bright work her magic. Lunch time is the only time you can do it before school ends.
-I am counting School classes as training in Lore and other Abilities.
-You have a very coveted God-murdering weapon and another equally bullshit OCP power. You may want to worry about information control.

I suspect the information control side may have taken a hit when we suddenly turned handsome and let Yuuma go.

Malcolmo said:
I suspect the information control side may have taken a hit when we suddenly turned handsome and let Yuuma go.

Our Boosted Gear looks like a normal Twice Critical so people aren't going to realize its true power until it evolves a bit more.
Yuuma is pretty insignificant and she probably isn't going to report this to Azazel because then she would have to explain why she tried to kill us... Unless fallen angels take notice of her defeat, in which case we are screwed.

Maybe we can explain the holy power with some divine ancestry.

If all goes well, people will think we're just some guy with a bit of power and a common sacred gear, instead of knowing what we really are.

P_D said:
Our Boosted Gear looks like a normal Twice Critical so people aren't going to realize its true power until it evolves a bit more.
Yuuma is pretty insignificant and she probably isn't going to report this to Azazel because then she would have to explain why she tried to kill us... Unless fallen angels take notice of her defeat, in which case we are screwed.

Maybe we can explain the holy power with some divine ancestry.

If all goes well, people will think we're just some guy with a bit of power and a common sacred gear, instead of knowing what we really are.
Thing is, Kiba likely is aware we aren't normal and through him Rias and through her all the major devil players. Yuuma was connected to Freed Selzen and a few other fallen angels, who are likely to ask questions and cause more trouble. Trying to claim all we've got is a bit of power isn't going to work regardless of what we try.

Last edited by a moderator:
Malcolmo said:
Thing is, Kiba likely is aware we aren't normal and through him Rias and through her all the major devil players. Yuuma was connected to Freed Selzen and a few other fallen angels, who are likely to ask questions and cause more trouble. Trying to claim all we've got is a bit of power isn't going to work regardless of what we try.

That means people just know we can hit with holy power. Yuuma is not very powerful in the grand scheme of things and holy powers are really effective against fallen angels so people may just assume we got lucky or have some kind of fighting skills.

At most, they'll think we are some kind of supernatural being at the level of demons and fallen angels which aren't really that unusual and even that's better than them realizing just what kind of a monster we are, not to mention how powerful we can become.

It's not like mortals with appropriate weapons can't fight devils and fallen angels so most major players are hopefully just going to think of us as some small fry not worth their time, at least until we demonstrate some more of our glorious Solar powers.

Whatever the case, we are going to need to make as many allies as we can to have some support when shit hits the fan and our true nature gets revealed. Luckily, Kuoh Academy is full of people with some kind of supernatural capabilities and then there's Asia, who will be invaluable because healing, and Xenovia and Irina who are holy sword wielders, which makes them really good against fallen angels and devils.

Alexander said:
If there are no objections I will proceed to write the next part. Now, I promised a modicum of advice and so I will provide it:

-IC Knowledge: Kiba promised to present you to someone who can help with Yuuma after School. School time in this quest if from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, every day but Sunday. Lunch time starts at 12:30 AM and lasts for about 40 minutes.
That's something we should probably plan for then.
-You have still 2 BP to use. You can't use Xp to instantly raise something (In-Game reason is Solar Haxx and Bright Shattered Ice fooling around). You can spend BP by accessing your mindscape and let Bright work her magic. Lunch time is the only time you can do it before school ends.
Wait, Solar Haxx is the reason we can't raise something instantly?
That seems weird, especially since training times for abilties are listed as instant on the front page.
-I am counting School classes as training in Lore and other Abilities.
Unless even favoured Abilities do in fact have training time and the front page needs adjusting this also seems weird.
Did you maybe mean Intelligence and other attributes or are you adding additional ways to raise the Abilties than the XP spending list on the front page?
Anyways, I'm assuming regular school lessons won't con't as training for the higher dots though.
Thinking about it though, maybe this just refers to gaining that first dot, which still has a training time.
-You have a very coveted God-murdering weapon and another equally bullshit OCP power. You may want to worry about information control.
Might want to stop people from getting too close a look then.

New Popularity - Part 3
You've been airbrushed.

Now you understand everyone's, from Kiryu-san to your parents to the random person walking by, reactions to you.

You've been airbrushed. A lot. Like, almost inhumanely so.

Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on!

You silently raise your hand and do a fistpump, much to the confusion of those watching.

You should be freaking out right now, but honestly: you've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of light by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all too real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.

Though once you get some breathing room those damn voices are going to get an earful. Because how dare they fuck with your body just like that! (Even if the results are nice)

But now you need to explain the sudden change to your classmates without mentioning the 'supernatural' part of it. A bit difficult since the change does appear supernatural.

Let's try bullshitting it.

"My dear friends, it's quite simple." You return the mirror with a polite thanks and walk to the desk. "Sensei, may have a moment?"

Wordlessly he nods and steps back. You stand in front of the desk and address your classmates. You cough to clear your throat and begin with a simple phrase: "Yesterday I got dumped."

Silence. Of course.

"My first girlfriend. Strange, isn't it? She was a real, popular beauty and I was just a pervert and the local clown, the one person everyone liked to despise for I was like a beast in heat. The same to my friends here." You gesture to Matsuda and Motohama. They make a scandalized face that you ignore.

"And yet she asked me out. Me. I was so happy. Yet I couldn't help but suspect: what if it was a prank? What if it was the result of a penalty game and her friends were looking at us from elsewhere?"

You make a sober but sad face. "Sadly I was right. We had a date and she kept up the act until the very end, when she revealed the truth and laughed at me and my naivety. 'Like playing with a child': those were her words before leaving."

The females bristle in indignation. The males shear tears of solidarity.

"But that was when, while drowning alone in my despair, I have a Revelation!" You raise a hand and point a finger to the sky. "Amidst the darkness I saw the Light! And the light revealed to me the truth! I am a pervert, I admit it without shame. But it isn't wrong. What was wrong was the way I deal with it, how I spent my time in a fictional world while trying to apply the same rules on the real world."

You look them in the eyes. "I didn't need to change the world. What I needed to change was myself. To be not Issei the pervert, but Issei the man capable of making his dreams a reality."

You make a grandiose gesture and assume a pose. "Yesterday I died and was reborn!" Literally. "That's why I look different. It's quite simple really: once you change inside, the outside will change accordantly. So once again I say: my name is Issei Hyodo. Nice to meet you: please take care of me."

Then you bow, avoiding the flying kick of Matsuda. "Don't joke with me you bastard!! Confess: how the hell did you undergo a facial surgery and come out of it in only one day?!!"

And just like that all is right in the world again.

----

Apart from your classmates' stares and the occasional question school proceeds as always.

Almost: you were never very bright, but as the lessons continues you find yourself understanding better the subjects, making previously unseen connections and recalling forgotten knowledge.

School (Intelligence): 1/30 days, 0/2 months
----

When lunchtime arrive you excuse yourself and make a beeline for the rooftop. Once you're sure you are alone you close the door and shout in your head: 'Ddraig!'

[Uhuh...Yes partner?]

'Don't uhuh me! My new aspect. Explain. NOW.'

[Ah, but that wasn't me: it was the winged gal's doing.]

'Then I will ask her too! How do I access that place, the flying city again?'

[Meditate like I taught you and imagine yourself there.]

You suddenly hear Bright talking. Following her advice you kneel down, close your eyes and concentrate.

----

When you feel the wind on your face you open your eyes and find yourself at the top of the city again. Ddraig is there, looking extremely amused, while Bright is to the side, sitting on...

How the hell did she bring here a throne of all things?!

"Did you want to talk with me worm?"

"You betcha!" You point a finger at yourself. "Was it you who airbrushed me?!"

"If with 'airbrushed' you mean improve your pitiful looks then yes, it was me. Why? Are you complaining?"

"Of course not! That's the best thing that happened to me forever!" You make a goofy grin before turning serious again. "But this doesn't excuse the fact you modified my body without my permission! How did you do that anyway?"

"Irrelevant." And just like that your opinion is completely brushed aside. "And about how, didn't I tell you? There was some potential left from your Exaltation: I simply used it to correct your most glaring lacunae."

"My looks?"

"Yes. I could have used it to make you stronger, more knowledgeable or teach you how to destroy a mountain with a single punch-" You almost choke on your spit. "-But a Solar first and foremost must be a person of unparalleled beauty. This is even more true for the host of my power."

Both your eyebrows twitch. Ddraig is trembling, trying to keep himself from laughing. "So it's better for me to be weak but beautiful than strong but ugly?"

"Correct."

"YOU ARE MESSED UP IN THE HEAD YOU BIT-"

Sling!

Cruel Wisdom, meets Brain again. Brain, meet excruciating pain again.

After writing on the floor for a very long minute you dislodge the sword and toss it at the bitch, who sadly catch the blade in one graceful motion. "Stop trying to kill me!"

"When you stop being a worthless worm."

"Grrr..." You gnash your teeth. "Let me ask you: now that you oh-so-generously wasted this 'potential', can you tell me what should I do if someone more powerful than Raynare come to kill me? Look pretty? I need power, strength, special abilities!"

"Easy: just gain more potential."

"And don't forget-Wait, what?" You blink. "You mean there is a way to replenish it?"

"Something like that." She stands up and starts walking around you. "Solar Exalted are exceptional individuals, Heroes. Normal training isn't enough, they need to grow under adversity and obtain victory to gain the necessary experience to reach new heights. They need conflicts and to do deeds befitting Heroes. Just like last night, when you defeat the pathetic wretch and those lowlives, rescuing the girl in the process."

You brain quickly catch up. "Then..."

She nods. "You already gained a bit of 'experience', as some of my circle-mates liked to call it. But, you can't use it until you finish to use the initial potential. It's not much, but it's something."

Good. Maybe you can still salvage something from this mess. "When we can do it?"

"Now."

Decision time!
You have: 2 BP
What you can do with them?
Rising an Ability by one dot costs 2 Points (1 if a Favored or Caste Ability)
You can choose between (the ones with "-" are Favored/Caste):
Archery
Martial Arts
Melee
Thrown
War
Integrity
Performance
-Presence
-Resistance
Survival
-Craft
-Investigation
-Lore
-Medicine
-Occult
-Athletics
-Awareness
-Dodge
Larceny
Stealth
Bureaucracy
Linguistics
Ride
Sail
Socialize
----

Please choose wisely. This will be keep open a lot if necessary. I will also tell you if you are going to put your foot in the mouth.

Pipeman said:
That's something we should probably plan for then.Wait, Solar Haxx is the reason we can't raise something instantly?
That seems weird, especially since training times for abilties are listed as instant on the front page.
Typo. What I mean is:

You can't use Xp to instantly raise something (In-Game reason is Solar Haxx and Bright Shattered Ice fooling around) unless stated otherwise. For details refers to the front Sheet.

Unless even favoured Abilities do in fact have training time and the front page needs adjusting this also seems weird.
Did you maybe mean Intelligence and other attributes or are you adding additional ways to raise the Abilties than the XP spending list on the front page?
Anyways, I'm assuming regular school lessons won't con't as training for the higher dots though.
Thinking about it though, maybe this just refers to gaining that first dot, which still has a training time.
You're right of course. Silly me. Yes, I mean: new dot in something and Attributes. No, regular lessons won't count as training for the higher dots. For now they work however so don't worry.

Hm. I'm undecided between Dodge, Occult and Socialize. Dodge, because it synergizes well with Ddraig's ability - keep dodging until the charge builds up where you can overpower your opponent. Occult, because Devil/Angel Magic, and/or Exalted Sorcery, and Socialize, because it helps us draw powerful allies to help us.

Spending our last 2 BP on an ability that's at rank 1 would be a waste, because we could get the same effect instantly by just spending 4XP. I think we should spend our BP to either max out Resistance, Craft or Awareness and then use 8 XP to get Dodge and Presence to 3.
We could also spend our last two BP on getting a point in Martial Arts to bypass the training time.

For someone with only one dot in Manipulate, that was pretty good. We must have had quite a lot of success on that roll.

I have no idea what to raise tough. Don't know enough about Exalted.

Dimensionist said:
Hm. I'm undecided between Dodge, Occult and Socialize. Dodge, because it synergizes well with Ddraig's ability - keep dodging until the charge builds up where you can overpower your opponent. Occult, because Devil/Angel Magic, and/or Exalted Sorcery, and Socialize, because it helps us draw powerful allies to help us.
Socialize is absolutely not what we want. That's mass combat stuff for use on large groups ranging from parties to societies -- powerful stuff but it won't help us with individuals, and since we're practically surrounded by potential allies in the Gremory and Sitri peerages we should focus on Presence instead. That will not only bolster the number of dice we have, but it will also unlock Presence charms which are where all the really bullshit strong Solar social magic is. At the same time we can't neglect our combat capabilities, so I think we should split them between

[X] 1 dot of Occult
[X] 1 dot of Presence

you can't? You have to pay 4 XP to get first dot. All we have is the Specialty.

Huh. So we do.

Well then lets'
[X]Buy into Medicine and occult

So that we have dots in all of our favored and and buy them up to comptence.

We still have a week of training to get the very first dot in anything. Medicine and occult are the only two of our favoreds we don't have.

Do we really need Medicine? It should become pretty useless if we can befriend Asia?
Occult would be nice to have, though.

edit: And I just noticed we gained another point of limit, I think.

Larekko12 said:
We still have a week of training to get the very first dot in anything. Medicine and occult are the only two of our favoreds we don't have.
We have Asia waiting in the wings and she'll be better at healing than we can ever be, even with charms. No dots in medicine, we don't need it and we're unoptimized enough as it is.

Medicine is unlikely to be something we'll use very often, if at all, and given that we still have to spend a ton of XP on raising Presence in the near future anyways, having to wait 6 days until Occult is raised will not hurt our progression noticably, especially since even if we do manage to accumulate the XP there is plenty of other stuff we need and can spend XP on as well, like Charms or raising Lore and Dodge.

Raising Lore, Athletics or Dodge now is also out of the question, since it's highly XP inefficient and doesn't even cut down on training time.

We will also likely need some time to set up the essentials we need to really take advantage of Craft anyways, which means we can probably wait with raising that as well.

Martial Arts is unfavoured, so buying that first dot is therefor so incredibly XP inefficient that I'm rather sure just accepting the training time is the better option.

Socialize has the same issues on top of not in fact being used for Social Combat.
It has a few uses but those are rather limited and given the absolute superiority our Excellency and a few Social Charms will give us in Social Combat not necessary at all.

Getting Presence dots with BPs is also horribly inefficient.
The only thing this would do right now is put the fifth dot of Presence in reach, if we blew all of our XP on Presence as well.
Given that the first Presence Charms only need Presence 3 anyways, this does not seem remotely sensible.

I think this leaves us with:

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

This leaves us only with a single dot less for our Social Combat pool and uses our 2 BP on something that would otherwise cost 12 XP and is an unavoidable expense anyways, since raising Resistance to 5 is part of the by far cheapest way to get to a Perfect Defense in a feasable amount of time.

Edit:
I've been looking at the stat sheet and noticed that our Dodge DV is only rated at 2.
Given that it's calculated [Dexterity (3) + Dodge (1) + Essence (3)]/2 rounded up, shouldn't that actually be at 4?

Recasting my vote for

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

I don't know much about exalted, so I guess I'll support this plan.

Also, why are we not tryting to gain martial arts? Wouldn't they be useful?

Can we learn the Fist of the Daystar later on, or is it blocked to us?

alright, pipeman's post convinced me might as well raise our defense first

though can we agree to work on martial arts next? seems like it would be the easiest to get and most useful combat skill for us currently

overmind said:
Also, why are we not tryting to gain martial arts? Wouldn't they be useful?
We may have the opportunity to power level martial arts later on depending on whether we hook up with Rias's peerage or not. Right now though we need to get optimized as quickly as possible, and the best and cheapest way to do that is to focus on our favored abilities since we get discounts on both EXP costs and training times within our specialty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back