• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

[X] You don't know
- "That sounds awesome, but I still feel like a normal kid when I'm not doing all this kung-fu stuff. If I'm some kind of dragon king then I'm a really stupid king who only knows how to punch things and throw fireballs."
[X] Just knock out all of them

[X]Are on the right path but forgetting something.
-[X]"Pride Cometh before the fall and power corrupts." This power this feeling it allowed me to enact justice but is this not what lead that trash to abuse the innocent and was it not in the foolish rush of his own power he was lain low by that which he veiwed as his inferior? Would I not have never known to strike them weren't for their own arrogance? Would I have ever found my gear or my exaltation if had not someone with power abused it over me? The tyrant calls that hero and I've no desire to need to be toppled.

Last edited by a moderator:
-[X]"Pride Cometh before the fall and power corrupts." This power this feeling it allowed me to enact justice but is this not what lead that trash to abuse the innocent and was it not in the foolish rush of his own power he was lain low by that which he veiwed as his inferior? Would I not have never known to strike them weren't for their own arrogance? Would I have ever found my gear or my exaltation if had not someone with power abused it over me? The tyrant calls that hero and I've no desire to need to be toppled.

cyberswordsmen said:
In the end it wasn't the great curse that made the Solars a menace it was a lifespan measuring 5000+ years, no challenges, no one who could tell them no, and a culture that taught them that nothing matters other than their personal interest.
True.

And when you have one of those First Age Solars and a God-like Dragon who used to wreak nations and kill millions as a side-effect of his battles against his destined rival, with neither remembering why they fought in the first place but they keep going at it because "why not", the temptation is strong.

They're great, true, but they aren't good role models for a human.

Alexander said:
True.

And when you have one of those First Age Solars and a God-like Dragon who used to wreak nations and kill millions as a side-effect of his battles against his destined rival, with neither remembering why they fought in the first place but they keep going at it because "why not", the temptation is strong.

I'm tempted to vote that way at the moment. I'm a bit nihilistic after reading the most recent Alchemical Quest update on SB.

megrisvernin said:
I'm tempted to vote that way at the moment. I'm a bit nihilistic after reading the most recent Alchemical Quest update on SB.

Stop letting other Quests influence your decision in other Quests. That's just bad gaming.

[X] You don't know
- "That sounds awesome, but I still feel like a normal kid when I'm not doing all this kung-fu stuff. If I'm some kind of dragon king then I'm a really stupid king who only knows how to punch things and throw fireballs."

So is there a complete index somewhere? The one on page 1 is missing a lot of parts, and jumps around a lot.

Peanuckle said:
So is there a complete index somewhere? The one on page 1 is missing a lot of parts, and jumps around a lot.
Why? Didn't it work as it is now?

Currently I am confused by something:
Fist of the Daystar Form
Cost: 4m;
Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2;
Type: Simple (Speed 3, DV -1)
Keywords: Form-type, Obvious, Hero
Duration: Scene
Prerequisites: Sledgehammer Fist Punch, Dragon Coil Technique

The pugilist suffuses her body with the Essence of the Sun. She becomes a paragon of strength and skill, radiant with the power of a legendary hero returned. She may reflexively spend 1 mote in Step 7 to count bonus successes on her unarmed Martial Arts attack rolls twice for the purposes of damage.
What count as bonus successes? And why many Charms of this style increase the damage of attacks, but there isn't even one which increase the chances to hit?

Alexander said:
Currently I am confused by something:What count as bonus successes? And why many Charms of this style increase the damage of attacks, but there isn't even one which increase the chances to hit?

Bonus successes are the extra successes you get beating a DV that are added to damage.

Say I roll 8 successes over a DV of 5. That's more than I needed and the extra successes are added to the damage roll.

Also, the reason there aren't any Charms in Fist of the Daystar to improve your chance to hit is because it is assumed you'll have already picked up a Martial Arts Excellency and be using that to improve hit chance while using the Fist of the Daystar Charms to increase damage.

[X] Are right
[X] Just knock out all of them.

Malcolmo said:
[X] Are right
Why the hell are people still voting for the "we are a superior being who is totally not going to go mad with power in the near-to-distant future" option?

[X] You don't know

Smuthunter said:
Why the hell are people still voting for the "we are a superior being who is totally not going to go mad with power in the near-to-distant future" option?
Do I need a reason?
Regardless, as far as reasons go there's the fact I'd find the results of this choice, however they go (and quite frankly I highly doubt we'll ever manage to go mad with power but anyway) more entertaining then the alternatives.

Alexander said:
Why? Didn't it work as it is now?

I mean, not all the parts are linked. If you were to just read the linked posts, you'd be missing a lot.

Upon further examination, I see that it's that the parts are linked according to plot grouping, not post date.

That confused me. I think I got it now.

Malcolmo said:
I would say yes but I'm biased because I think your choice is going to send the quest to horrible places and ruin everything forever if it wins. Why don't you try convincing me that it won't?

I do not want to be a dick. I don't want to be a slain dragon. We have a Compassion Primacy. It is not IC to agree with them.

[X] Are right

Solars totally are superior beings.

Larekko12 said:
I do not want to be a dick. I don't want to be a slain dragon. We have a Compassion Primacy. It is not IC to agree with them.
It's considerably less IC to think about it though. I took the "I don't know" option because I don't want Issei to turn into an entitled douchebag with a god complex but I also don't want him to slide into the other extreme of never using his powers for anything besides fighting evil or what have you. Let's be honest, if you were a teenage kid and you had superpowers you would be hard-pressed to never use them just for shits and giggles.

Smuthunter said:
It's considerably less IC to think about it though. I took the "I don't know" option because I don't want Issei to turn into an entitled douchebag with a god complex but I also don't want him to slide into the other extreme of never using his powers for anything besides fighting evil or what have you. Let's be honest, if you were a teenage kid and you had superpowers you would be hard-pressed to never use them just for impressing girls and getting a harem.

Fixed that for you.

Robotninja said:
[X] Are right

Solars totally are superior beings.
Dammit, no! Change these votes before you break everything! You have Alexander's own word telling you this is a bad idea, for the love of god pay attention when he says shit like that!

Smuthunter said:
I would say yes but I'm biased because I think your choice is going to send the quest to horrible places and ruin everything forever if it wins. Why don't you try convincing me that it won't?
Because I'm well aware that my odds of successfully doing so are lower then my odds of farting my way to the moon.

[X] You don't know

Alexander said:
True.

Smuthunter said:
Dammit, no! Change these votes before you break everything! You have Alexander's own word telling you this is a bad idea, for the love of god pay attention when he says shit like that!
The key word you should note there are "for a human". Put bluntly we stopped being able to call ourselves a human around the point when we got revived by an exalt shard with the added bonus of having a dragon in our head. We aren't going to be living a human life, aren't going to be doing things a human should or could do, so why exactly should the role models of humans matter to us?

Malcolmo said:
The key word you should note there are "for a human". Put bluntly we stopped being able to call ourselves a human around the point when we got revived by an exalt shard with the added bonus of having a dragon in our head. We aren't going to be living a human life, aren't going to be doing things a human should or could do, so why exactly should the role models of humans matter to us?
"We have superpowers and nigh-immortality so that gives us a blank check to ignore human morality" is not a line of reasoning that anyone should be following willingly unless you are deliberately trying to turn us into the second coming of Desus.

And for that matter, Bright claiming Solars have no weaknesses is bullshit of the highest order which we really ought to be calling her on given that she's dead from being stabbed in the back by her subordinates.

[X] You don't know
# of votes:1
Emral282

[X] You don't know
# of votes: 8
Fellgar, Smuthunter, overmind, Deathwings, staplesdex2, kinglugia, overmind, Uruloki

[X] Are right
# of votes:6
Drakebane, darklord, noahgab1133, dragondude, Malcolmo, Robotninja

[X] Write-in.
- [X] You like Ddraig's philosophy, but you don't believe Bright, when she says that you have no weaknesses.
# of votes: 1
Selias

# of votes: 2
Larekko12, Walkir

Smuthunter said:
"We have superpowers and nigh-immortality so that gives us a blank check to ignore human morality" is not a line of reasoning that anyone should be following willingly unless you are deliberately trying to turn us into the second coming of Desus.

And for that matter, Bright claiming Solars have no weaknesses is bullshit of the highest order which we really ought to be calling her on given that she's dead from being stabbed in the back by her subordinates.
I highly doubt we'll ever ignore human morality even if the whole quest outright pushed Issei that way. Regardless, ignoring such things as how humans can't even agree on a system of morality for themselves thus making following it rather hard, at last check acknowledging that we really are beyond most humans isn't going to turn Issei into Desus.

And while Bright is somewhat wrong on the not having weaknesses part, I suspect that line had more to do with purging your mortal weaknesses and becoming better then it had to do with being invincible.

[X] You don't know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back