• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Raiser is a okay/decent guy, just like Guiche after his defeat by Saito.

@Alexander

Have you read my suggestion on Skype? The offline chat?

Hm, First Law of Thermodynamics ...

Is Raiser going to be an energy absorber?

I think Raiser mentioned he has control over fire and wind when he visited the Occult Club for the first time . So fire and wind based attacks will probably give him a boost instead of doing damage . On the other hand , if Raiser's total demonic power is constant and is consumed every time he regenerates , then he is limited in the number of times he can come back from death . I expect that number to be quite high , though .

Infinite (Martial Arts) Mastery sounds pretty useful, even if it only gives a max of 3 dice before essence 4.

Does anyone know how much time it is before something more happens? Wondering if it is enough time to train up Essence to 4, think it takes around 270 hours.

Alexander said:
Basically: Raynare was a First Boss, easy unless you massively screw up. Raiser? Mid-Boss that will kick your ass if you aren't careful.Let me explain. You may have notice that Raynare was completely healed despite the aggravated damages? The reason is her reincarnation as a Devil: the body parts with the injuries were removed and replaced with new, Devil parts. This is a way that the DxD world can deal with aggravated.

Likewise, Raiser can removed the cursed parts and regenerate new ones. But well...
I thought that aggravated damage was less a "curse", and more a "damage to the soul/spirit itself" and the reason healing spells don't work is less that the wounds are cursed to resist healing, and more that the soul, and therefore magic, read the damage as being part of the template.

In that case, cutting out the damaged part would just lead to the original damage "healing back". The same with any replacement tissue, it would be rejected as the problem with the body is just a symptom. The problem with aggravated damage is the wounds on the soul.

Or at least that's my understanding of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[X] Smuthunter
[X] Presence Excellency, but not so much that your anima flares.

you know we should look into some way of getting money soon. getting a larger home is going to be a necessity if we recruit more girls from the super natural side. also we are one boss fight away from two girls who would both be good candidates arriving.

[X] Smuthunter
[X] Presence Excellency, but not so much that your anima flares.

Rolling:

Charisma 2 + Presence 4 + Stunt 2 + First Presence Excellency 4
[blockquote]Rolled 12d10 : 8, 9, 8, 3, 9, 5, 9, 1, 3, 6, 5, 2, total 68[/blockquote]

Yang's best MDV is: Dodge MDV 5
Yang's Appearance is: 4
Yang suffers -1 to her MDV

Social Attack: Success!

Essence
Personal: 17/17
Peripheral: 40/40

Writing...

Alexander said:

Essence

:3. Yang's pretty open about her interest. Fairly interested how she'll treat us when she learns what we did in Asia case & after we make a "favorable" appearance.
Writing...

5 successes - good we used the excellency.

Hmm so we needed 5 successes to beat Yang here? Because her effective Dodge MDV 5 is only 4?

Alexander said:

Essence

Writing...
Jeez, we barely passed that one. 5 successes to effectively 4 MDV... I think we need more Charisma. -.-;

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Jeez, we barely passed that one. 5 successes to effectively 4 MDV... I think we need more Charisma. -.-;
We could have brought 2 more dice with the Excellency without making our anima flare if we used our personal pool.

The QM has been dropping hints that the next fights will be a lot tougher, so I'd prefer to get some combat charms and up our MA before we work on getting better at social stuff.
I'd like to buy at least Fists of Iron and Orichalcum Fists of Battle for that sweet +5 to accuracy and damage.

A specialty in seduction would get us a lot more mileage for a much cheaper price than bumping up our charisma would.

Maxing out a Presence (Seduction) specialty would get us three extra dice in 9 weeks of training for 9 exp, and we can probably compress that using training from hell. Pumping up our charisma by three dice would take 48 exp and a year of training time before training compression, and the only meaningful advantage is that charisma also boosts other abilities that we don't use, like Socialize and War and so on.

Eler0 said:
The QM has been dropping hints that the next fights will be a lot tougher, so I'd prefer to get some combat charms and up our MA before we work on getting better at social stuff.
I'd like to buy at least Fists of Iron and Orichalcum Fists of Battle for that sweet +5 to accuracy and damage.
Yeah this. We need to start power-grinding on our combat stuff or we're going to get spanked when we meet people who can shrug off our social-fu.

Eler0 said:

Point! Regardless of whether it was close we did succeed.

On a side note. It's my impression that people can be swayed towards most forms of action with a successful social attack as long as it doesn't contradict their motivation. If we manage a similar success like our last social attack which dazzled Asia & Mittelt to our side, could we persuade Raiser to either postpone or not force Rias into their marriage? Basically him agreeing to try & woo her the traditional means instead of through a peerage game? I get the feeling he wants Rias as a wife but the exact method he uses to obtain that might be flexible.

Last edited by a moderator:
megrisvernin said:
Point! Regardless of whether it was close we did succeed.

On a side note. It's my impression that people can be swayed towards most forms of action with a successful social attack as long as it doesn't contradict their motivation. If we manage a similar success like our last social attack which dazzled Asia & Mittelt to our side, could we persuade Raiser to either postpone or not force Rias into their marriage? Basically him agreeing to try & woo her the traditional means instead of through a peerage game? I get the feeling he wants Rias as a wife but the exact method he uses to obtain that might be flexible.
Raiser supposedly genuinely loves Rias and is just really terrible at expressing it. Discovering this for ourselves would probably require a successful Investigation (Read Motive) check, otherwise he'll just come across as a douchebag who needs to spend time as a punching bag.

Smuthunter said:
Raiser supposedly genuinely loves Rias and is just really terrible at expressing it. Discovering this for ourselves would probably require a successful Investigation (Read Motive) check, otherwise he'll just come across as a douchebag who needs to spend time as a punching bag.

Huh point...If we do figure that out we actually have a good argument that saving damsels in distress & commit chivalrous acts are what truly moves women's hearts. All he has to to is look at us & our good relations with three beautiful Sacred Gear Holders to see our point has merit.

Smuthunter said:

At this point in the timeline Raiser is kind of a douchebag . Anybody who is not a high class devil or really strong is less than trash in his eyes , not to mention he hates humans and their world . Also , he was totally fine with killing Rias' entire peerage to make the marriage happen . Before we can reason with him , he needs to be taken down a peg or two .

Brandark said:
At this point in the timeline Raiser is kind of a douchebag . Anybody who is not a high class devil or really strong is less than trash in his eyes , not to mention he hates humans and their world . Also , he was totally fine with killing Rias' entire peerage to make the marriage happen . Before we can reason with him , he needs to be taken down a peg or two .

I'll go with a couple dozen or so. Fucking prick.

Ah, forgot about that part. Still, that gives us a lot of leverage to apply to him with social-fu. Let us count the ways:

1) Regeneration is a sucky gimmick.
2) How many of your girls did you get with politics and how many did you get by virtue of your own actions?
3) Rias cares more for her peerage than for anything else in the world. Killing them is a really great way to make her a lifelong enemy.

Smuthunter said:
Ah, forgot about that part. Still, that gives us a lot of leverage to apply to him with social-fu. Let us count the ways:

1) Regeneration is a sucky gimmick.
2) How many of your girls did you get with politics and how many did you get by virtue of your own actions?
3) Rias cares more for her peerage than for anything else in the world. Killing them is a really great way to make her a lifelong enemy.

I like these points , but the criteria for success will be extremely high I think , considering Raiser's extreme pride and the fact Issei is a human , and thus much lower than Low-Class Devils in his eyes . Still , if it succeeds then that's that , if not , Raiser will be highly pissed off . Hilarity will ensue from either outcome.

By the way , is the first point inspired by the epic verbal bitch-slap Issei delivered to Raiser in Gabriel Blessing's Lofty Goals ?

Brandark said:
I like these points , but the criteria for success will be extremely high I think , considering Raiser's extreme pride and the fact Issei is a human , and thus much lower than Low-Class Devils in his eyes . Still , if it succeeds then that's that , if not , Raiser will be highly pissed off . Hilarity will ensue from either outcome.

By the way , is the first point inspired by the epic verbal bitch-slap Issei delivered to Raiser in Gabriel Blessing's Lofty Goals ?
Directly lifted from it in fact. I have every intention to squeeze "boasting about being able to fail whenever you want" into the conversation if at all possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back