• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

iamnuff said:
i think that we should at some point, try to "casually" mention that we never really considered Monogamy to be "for us"

there aren't many ways to drop it in a conversation without seeming strange, so we might need social bullshit to smooth over ruffled feathers, but we should really get that out there, just so the girls don't get the wrong idea.

Probably best not to mention a harem, we did just learn the concept of subtlety from Yami, so...

something like "I don't really know why, but it never really struck me as something that fit me, i guess it's in the nature of dragons (and solar godlings) to be greedy huh?"

If akeno can make her S&M fetish perfectly clear without a huge fuss, then we should be able to mention it once or so.

don't make it sound like you have plans or anything. just "well, I sorta feel like this, and I don't know why, maybe it's a dragon thing?"

Edit:
also, were the hell are we having the fight? did we both just pull of magic bullshit out and start brawling in the middle of a cafe?

as for the Free Hit stunt. looks like a bad idea.

deliberately getting hit so our shirt gets ripped, sure, but saying "you can hit me once" seems like bragging.

just wait for her to attack and then stunt our perfect to protect us but not our clothes, not explictly mention that we let her hit us. it seems condescending.
Why would we want to not seems strange? Let's scream at the top of our lungs that we want to become a harem king.

iamnuff said:
Edit:
also, were the hell are we having the fight? did we both just pull of magic bullshit out and start brawling in the middle of a cafe?
Alexander said:
You relocated in a open and secluded location. This leave you liberty when doing Stunts.

Selias said:
Why would we want to not seems strange? Let's scream at the top of our lungs that we want to become a harem king.

because that's literally the exact reason that Isse got something like five books in before he even got a kiss (IIRC?)

And that's with totally uninhibited devil girls like Rias.

our own little gothloli might go for that, but Asia, Ruby and Yami are probably a little more... traditional.

"Keeping it cool" is a good thing, "Screaming about how we want to stick our dick in everything and everyone, and generally acting like a retard" is a bad thing.

surely we can agree on atleast this?

as for the "we in a cafe?" thing, i edited that into a suggestion to add a line about us leaving. to clear up the confusion.

[X] Join Battle!
-[X] Stunt (if she starts attacking first): Remain evasive, like the fleeting wind. Let her come close to hitting us, but always keep out of striking range. As she comes in for the big crescendo of her attempted combo, backflip in an angle that the sun's rays will show only your silhouette and block her vision. You land gracefully with nary a sound, getting into a ready battle stance. You motion your hand in a challenging 'come hither' gesture, giving Yang a lopsided smile.

Is that something stunt-worthy? Mind you, this is if she starts attacking first.

Also, you guys can have it so the attacks come so close to hitting us that the gauntlets catch onto our shirt and tear it off as we keep dodging.

[X] You hop a few steps, a ferocious grin on your face. She smiles back, bouncing in more ways than one, and both of you move. Fist meet fist, metal meets metal, wind and sound fills the clearing. A second one, her left and you spin just so, that her gauntlets brush your shirt.

Your right hand, still outretched, twists in a knife strike, and your left left fist blurs forward, your entire body becoming a hammer of centrifugal force coated in wind.

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, the only sound at the clearing is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your shirt in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat's button falls from one of the spikes of rour gauntlet.

"Erm, ops?"

She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your shirt.[X]

Clothing damage FTW!!!

Mu-Sensei said:
[X] You hop a few steps, a ferocious grin on your face. She smiles back, bouncing in more ways than one, and both of you move. Fist meet fist, metal meets metal, wind and sound fills the clearing. A second one, her left and you spin just so, that her gauntlets brush your shirt.

Your right hand, still outretched, twists in a knife strike, and your left left fist blurs forward, your entire body becoming a hammer of centrifugal force coated in wind.

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, the only sound at the clearing is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your shirt in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat's button falls from one of the spikes of rour gauntlet.

"Erm, ops?"

She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your shirt.[X]

Clothing damage FTW!!!

double clothing damage?!?

even better!

this has my [x] vote

Last edited by a moderator:
iamnuff said:
because that's literally the exact reason that Isse got something like five books in before he even got a kiss (IIRC?)
He got one from Rias at the end of book 2, actually.

"Keeping it cool" is a good thing, "Screaming about how we want to stick our dick in everything and everyone, and generally acting like a retard" is a bad thing.

surely we can agree on atleast this?
Keeping it cool is a good idea. Leading the girls on with expectations of monogamy, not so much. We should tell them at some point in the near future that monogamy isn't our thing so they go into any relationships with us with their eyes open. The trick is dropping that bomb in a suitably charismatic way so we don't come across as a creeper.

Hmmm....

"Say, Issei-kun" Yang says, pulling you out of your thoughts, "what exactly do you want to do with all that power?"

You pause, considering your words carefully.

"A harem."

Ruby chokes on her soda. Yang blinks, obviously not having heard whatever she was expecting. "...eh?"

"Yang-chan, have you ever seen a harem anime?" you ask, powering on while you've still got momentum. "One of those really common ones where a lot of girls fall for a guy who doesn't have any really good qualities? Well up until a few weeks ago that was the kind of guy I wanted to be. The random lucky loser who gets girls to lavish him with attention for no real reason."

"If you go to my school and ask around almost everyone you talk to will say I'm a huge pervert who peeps on girls in the showers and stuff, and it's all true. I used to do that stuff all the time, me and two friends of mine. Then I went on a date with Yuuma-chan and everything changed." You finish by jabbing a finger at your forehead where your caste mark appears.

"For the last two weeks I've been working towards something bigger. You see, since I Exalted I've realized just what a small and pitiful person I was. The things I was doing made me barely any better than those creeps who lurk on the subway and take advantage of cute girls, and I don't want to be like them. I want to be better. I can be better."

"I want to be a good and honest person who people can count on for help when they need it. I want to be attractive and charismatic but not macho or sleazy. I want the courage to act on what I know is right and the wisdom to know how to take that action. I want to be the sort of person that girls will fight over, and fight for, a person who is worthy of being surrounded by love and affection, and most of all I want to match the love of those girls with my own and fill their lives with happiness."
Possible way of spinning our goal through the lens of a mind with Compassion 5.

iamnuff said:
double clothing damage?!?

even better!

this has my vote

Thats for those who say the spikes of our boosted gear were useless. ;)

Smuthunter said:

Save the one, for all thats holy. Save that for when the time comes!!!

[Edit:] I'd also add thats reaally sad that only one of those girls get to be with her loved one and all the others have to seek someone else, and you never want to break someone's heart that way.

Smuthunter said:
That... could work. We'ed need some fairly good intimacies before then though I think. Enough that they at least stay interested despite the odd angle of a Harem. We are working up hill with how they're portrayed by the media now-a-days, so maybe spin the harem idea in a good-light in and of itself from our PoV?

Mu-Sensei said:
Thats for those who say the spikes of our boosted gear were useless. ;)

Save the one, for all thats holy. Save that for when the time comes!!!

[Edit:] I'd also add thats reaally sad that only one of those girls get to be with her loved one and all the others have to seek someone else, and you never want to break someone's heart that way.

If you're alright with it, can we combine both of our stunts into one long sequence?

It'd turn out to be something like this:

-[X] Remain evasive, like the fleeting wind. Let her come close to hitting us, but always keep out of striking range. As she comes in for the big crescendo of her attempted combo, backflip in an angle that the sun's rays will show only your silhouette and block her vision. You land gracefully with nary a sound, getting into a ready battle stance. You motion your hand in a challenging 'come hither' gesture.

You hop a few steps, a ferocious grin growing on your face. She smiles back, bouncing in more ways than one, and both of you move. Fist meet fist, metal meets metal, wind and sound fills the clearing. A second one, her left and you spin just so, that her gauntlets brush your shirt.

"Erm, ops?"

She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your shirt. [X]

Is that acceptable? If not, then I'll cast my vote in for Mu-Sensei's Stunt.

As for that harem passage, I've got it saved for a later prompt. How much later, I don't know...

Smuthunter said:
He got one from Rias at the end of book 2, actually.
Keeping it cool is a good idea. Leading the girls on with expectations of monogamy, not so much.

which is why I first brought it up.

not just because it's cruel to whoever thinks she "won" the race for us, but to all the others who think they didn't.

Dragons are greedy, so a little Godlings.

we are both.

also, explicitly mentioning the word Harem is a little blunt for me.

i'd prefer to mention something like "I'm not sure why, but I never seriously considered settling down with one person, maybe it's a dragon thing? Like the urge to find a big pile of gold to sleep on?"

(wow, just realized that shines a whole new light on our love of blondes, ahahaha!)

Saying something like
barely any better than those creeps who lurk on the subway and take advantage of cute girls

there is Humble, and there is "admitted that you were basically a sexual predator"

The "I can be better" part is nice, but the whole "dragging our image through the mud" really isn't.

lets not do that.

Mentioning harem anime is probably a bad idea too.

using a form of media that objectifies women as an example to try and sell them on the idea of a harem isn't a great idea.

I much prefer the "Greedy dragon" or "classic godling, surrounded by women" image, myself.

ZipLopz said:

This, on the other hand, i have no problems with.

Might work, but I think being passive or just taking it will endear us less to Yang then matching her blow for blow. (and piece for piece of discarded clothing :)) )

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, the only sound at the clearing is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your shirt in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat's button falls from one of the spikes of your gauntlet.

"Erm, ops?"

She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your shirt.

Mu-Sensei said:
Might work, but I think being passive or just taking it will endear us less to Yang then matching her blow for blow. (and piece for piece of discarded clothing :)) )

Point, but the dodging stunt would probably give a few more motes to use and some time to get some Boosts in as well.

Out of curiosity, is Ddraig still silencing the Boost! since the fight with Raynare or has the Boosted Gear defaulted back to sounding it out?

Okay, version 2:

"Say, Issei-kun" Yang says, pulling you out of your thoughts, "do you have a girlfriend?"

Ruby nearly chokes on her soda but you wave your hand dismissively.

"No, Raynare would have been my first if she hadn't tried to kill me and rip out a piece of my soul. And thinking on it, one girlfriend isn't really for me."

You realize too late that that came out really wrong as Yang's eyes narrow slightly. "A-ha, so Issei-kun wants to be a playboy, does he?"

"It's not like that," you say, tripping the First Presence Excellency. "A few weeks ago I was just some random loser who would be lucky to get one girlfriend, forget about several. And I think that was the reason; I wasn't trying to go for a specific girl, not only because I wasn't very popular but also because I couldn't see myself being faithful to her. Maybe it's a dragon thing? Like the urge to find a big pile of gold to sleep on."

You shake your head. "But, being a playboy? I could never lead a girl on like that. It would hurt too much to break her heart and I would never forgive myself. Girls are best when they're happy, don't you think? So I guess what I want is to make lots of girls happy."

"And you think you can do that, Issei-kun?" Ruby asks shyly.

You shake your head. "Not yet. I'm not that kind of man yet. But that's the kind of man I'd like to be -- someone who has so many positive qualities that girls can't help but fight over him. I want to be a good and honest person who girls can count on for help when they need it. I want to be attractive and charismatic but not macho or sleazy. I want the courage to act on what I know is right and the wisdom to know how to take that action. I want to be a person who is worthy of being surrounded by love and affection, and most of all I want to match the love of those girls with my own and fill their lives with happiness."

You clench a fist somewhat melodramatically. "I'm not there yet. But I'm a lot closer now that I have my Exaltation. If I keep walking the road I'm on now, one day I'll get there for sure."

Smuthunter said:

That could work and is likely to come up too. Though if this happens right after the fight we could also probably slip in the irresistable salesman since our anima would already be flaring. So there would be no noticeable effects giving it away.

"Hoho Asia & Mittelt both live with you Issei? Not satisfied with just one girl?," Yang joked.

To Yang's surprise Issei didn't give her a cheeky grin or even sputter trying to deny it, just turned to gaze at her eyes a serious expression on his face.

"I told you once before didn't I, Yang? That I would face anything, do anything than betray a girl's feelings? Sometimes that means fighting wannabe-murderous fallen angels or brutal gangs. Other times it involves challenging social conventions...not all them pleasant ones.

Issei's attention waved & despite not moving his eyes he wasn't truly looking at Yang anymore. "I'm sure Asia's hair color doesn't mean much in the West. Heck it's a color you yourself see every morning in the mirror after all. But here in Japan it marks her as a gaijin, a foreigner. Being a girl & well, adorable, people don't see her as threatening or dangerous per say, at least not the in the physical sense. But her being kicked out of her church? Her being abandoned? That mean's she's tainted, corrupted. Something to be avoided, to be kept at a distance less her disgrace somehow spreads to you." Venom began to creep into Issei's voice his distaste almost palpable.

"Talk to her sure, give her directions so she's somewhere else? No problem. Accept her into your family, into your home? Never. That kind of thinking is something which fades slowly from people's minds, if it does at all.

I let Asia live with me because I knew even if she could find shelter elsewhere, she would never truly be accepted. Would always be separated & isolated," Issei's teeth began to clench as he bit out the next series of words, "After everything she's already gone through, that's something I'm never going to let her feel again if I have any say in it...& I made a decision then."

Yang could only listen breathless as she saw the passion burning in Issei's eyes. "When I see someone in pain I'm going to step in. When someone cries out I'll answer them. & if there's something I can do to make them happy I'll do it. Anyone who objects, sneering housewives, judgmental neighbors & society as a whole can go to hell."

Issei paused as if realizing something, but his fiery gaze kept Yang entranced at the edge of her seat. "No I suppose that's giving Hell a bad name. After all I know some perfectly polite & friendly devils."

His chuckle seemed to snap him out of his reverie & the fire in his eyes dimmed. Yang shifted for the first time in what felt like hours, taking deep breaths not realizing she really had been literally holding her breath.

Issei rubbed the back of his head sheepishly & his face softened, but his expression remained serious.
"Sorry about that, but I guess I still didn't really answer your question did I? Well ...if a girl likes me, well I'll return her feelings. And if another one likes me too? Then I'll do the same for her too. It's going be difficult, complicated & messy...but that's life isn't it? And if society doesn't offer you a solution to a dilemma...well....you make your own."

I realized there's actually a very easy way for Issei to justify this. Japan isn't known for its easy acceptance of foreigners. When bad things happen to people, even or especially when it's not something they've done it often marks them as tainted & corrupt. Something to be avoided. For an easy example children whose parents have committed violent crimes especially murder are ostracized & isolated.

Having been an outcast Issei could have known how difficult that would be for Asia to bear, doubly so given her status as a foreigner & someone without a support network. So he decides to let Asia live with him not because he has lustful intentions(or not only anyways) but because he knows that it might be the only way for her to live in an environment in Japan where she's accepted. Damn social custom & rumors. And when he decided to dismiss one social custom, well why not throw out anymore any that might make people unhappy. That might keep them from those they love. And when the decision came down to making a girl who loves him happy...and another who also cares about them, well he'll find a way to make it work. Anyone who has a problem with it can take a hike.

It also shifts the emphasis from a selfish desire to one borne out of love & compassion for others. Issei has a harem not because he's a lecherous male who wants their bodies but because he's a moral crusader. Someone who will go the distance to help a girl in trouble & make them happy, damn whatever social consensus or custom demands. And if a girl loves him, he'll lover her right back. And if another does he'll lover her too. He'll make anyone who cares about him happy, how hard or difficult it'll be. To do any less...would be a betrayal of the ideals he holds dear.

Thoughts?

ShadowAngelBeta said:
*Theme Song Begins*

Issei & Yang: Hey! My Theme Song... *Blinks* *Looks at the other* Wait, What?

That happening in story would be hilarious.

@smuthunter and megrisvernin: stripping the last paragraph of megris, put something like "you're making some lucky girl very happy someday. Anyone in mind as of now?" as the question instead of smuthunter's "you have a girlfriend" and both can be used at once.

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, the only sound at the clearing is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your shirt in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat's button falls from one of the spikes of your gauntlet.

"Erm, ops?"

She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your shirt.

Mu-Sensei said:
That happening in story would be hilarious.
Dude, we're a Solar. We can make that happen in the story. Stunts are awesome like that, and I'm pretty sure we already did something similar when Ruby spotted us training on the rooftop oh-so-long ago

ShadowAngelBeta said:
Dude, we're a Solar. We can make that happen in the story. Stunts are awesome like that, and I'm pretty sure we already did something similar when Ruby spotted us training on the rooftop oh-so-long ago
There is a charm for exactly this purpose. If we sank a few points into Performance, we could totally pick up Phantom-Conjuring Performance and then play the Final Fantasy victory theme every time we win a fight.

Smuthunter said:
There is a charm for exactly this purpose. If we sank a few points into Performance, we could totally pick up Phantom-Conjuring Performance and then play the Final Fantasy victory theme every time we win a fight.
I didn't even know that and I expected it. Like we say "Bullshit!"

The clothing rip is okay as a default but does anyone have any ideas how we can dazzle Yang. Are there any impressive techniques or charms we can use?

Shouldn't we for starters fully invoke our anima banner for starters?

megrisvernin said:
The clothing rip is okay as a default but does anyone have any ideas how we can dazzle Yang. Are there any impressive techniques or charms we can use?

Shouldn't we for starters fully invoke our anima banner for starters?

we could use the combo that impressed Ruby for one.

I'm for letting Yang go first. I just realized that she's probably going to be devilishly hard to hit, probably using explosions to propel her & evade our attacks. Instead let's open this up by flaring our anima banner & tanking her fire attacks.

[X] Let Yang attack first. Don't attempt to dodge or evade. Instead let your Anima Barrier flare & use Adamant Skin Technique to absorb her blow without taking damage.

I'd appreciate if someone could write a stunt for this.

Fellgar said:
Okay guys how are we going to impress the ladies in this fight. Summon up some barriers? Maybe use this as a teaching example for everyone by pulling out esoteric abilities like said barrier? Perhaps summon a bind on Yang mid-stride so she topples over or goes shooting past us into a wall?
Show them your martial arts' prowess? Semplicity sometimes is best.
ZipLopz said:
Out of curiosity, is Ddraig still silencing the Boost! since the fight with Raynare or has the Boosted Gear defaulted back to sounding it out?
It's back to sounding it out. Sorry, next time I will make it clear.

"Hoho Asia & Mittelt both live with you Issei? Not satisfied with just one girl?," Yang joked.

To Yang's surprise Issei didn't give her a cheeky grin or even sputter trying to deny it, just turned to gaze at her eyes a serious expression on his face.

"I told you once before didn't I, Yang? That I would face anything, do anything than betray a girl's feelings? Sometimes that means fighting wannabe-murderous fallen angels or brutal gangs. Other times it involves challenging social conventions...not all them pleasant ones.

Issei's attention waved & despite not moving his eyes he wasn't truly looking at Yang anymore. "I'm sure Asia's hair color doesn't mean much in the West. Heck it's a color you yourself see every morning in the mirror after all. But here in Japan it marks her as a gaijin, a foreigner. Being a girl & well, adorable, people don't see her as threatening or dangerous per say, at least not the in the physical sense. But her being kicked out of her church? Her being abandoned? That mean's she's tainted, corrupted. Something to be avoided, to be kept at a distance less her disgrace somehow spreads to you." Venom began to creep into Issei's voice his distaste almost palpable.

"Talk to her sure, give her directions so she's somewhere else? No problem. Accept her into your family, into your home? Never. That kind of thinking is something which fades slowly from people's minds, if it does at all.

I let Asia live with me because I knew even if she could find shelter elsewhere, she would never truly be accepted. Would always be separated & isolated," Issei's teeth began to clench as he bit out the next series of words, "After everything she's already gone through, that's something I'm never going to let her feel again if I have any say in it...& I made a decision then."

Yang could only listen breathless as she saw the passion burning in Issei's eyes. "When I see someone in pain I'm going to step in. When someone cries out I'll answer them. & if there's something I can do to make them happy I'll do it. Anyone who objects, sneering housewives, judgmental neighbors & society as a whole can go to hell."

Issei paused as if realizing something, but his fiery gaze kept Yang entranced at the edge of her seat. "No I suppose that's giving Hell a bad name. After all I know some perfectly polite & friendly devils."

His chuckle seemed to snap him out of his reverie & the fire in his eyes dimmed. Yang shifted for the first time in what felt like hours, taking deep breaths not realizing she really had been literally holding her breath.

Issei rubbed the back of his head sheepishly & his face softened, but his expression remained serious.
"Sorry about that, but I guess I still didn't really answer your question did I? Well ...if a girl likes me, well I'll return her feelings. And if another one likes me too? Then I'll do the same for her too. It's going be difficult, complicated & messy...but that's life isn't it? And if society doesn't offer you a solution to a dilemma...well....you make your own."

megrisvernin said:
I realized there's actually a very easy way for Issei to justify this. Japan isn't known for its easy acceptance of foreigners. When bad things happen to people, even or especially when it's not something they've done it often marks them as tainted & corrupt. Something to be avoided. For an easy example children whose parents have committed violent crimes especially murder are ostracized & isolated.

Having been an outcast Issei could have known how difficult that would be for Asia to bear, doubly so given her status as a foreigner & someone without a support network. So he decides to let Asia live with him not because he has lustful intentions(or not only anyways) but because he knows that it might be the only way for her to live in an environment in Japan where she's accepted. Damn social custom & rumors. And when he decided to dismiss one social custom, well why not throw out anymore any that might make people unhappy. That might keep them from those they love. And when the decision came down to making a girl who loves him happy...and another who also cares about them, well he'll find a way to make it work. Anyone who has a problem with it can take a hike.

It also shifts the emphasis from a selfish desire to one borne out of love & compassion for others. Issei has a harem not because he's a lecherous male who wants their bodies but because he's a moral crusader. Someone who will go the distance to help a girl in trouble & make them happy, damn whatever social consensus or custom demands. And if a girl loves him, he'll lover her right back. And if another does he'll lover her too. He'll make anyone who cares about him happy, how hard or difficult it'll be. To do any less...would be a betrayal of the ideals he holds dear.

Thoughts?
This. I like this so much I want to like it twice O:) ;D 8)

Do you want an advice? Don't tell people you want a harem. Just spin, spin and spin it again until what was originally the lecherous desire of a perverted, delusional teenager become a moral crusade that would not look out of place in a epic like the Iliad and the Mahābhārata.

This, is the Essence of Exalted (in more ways then one)

Just let the harem...happens. An unintended consequence. As Iseei keeps becoming more and more cool, saving people and making love to beautiful girls; one day he will casually look behind and exclaim:

"Holy Crap! I fulfilled my dream without realizing it! When did that happen?"

Wouldn't that be pretty ironic? >:D

----

Mu-Sensei's Stunt wins. It's a Two-die Stunt.

Rolling...

Issei:
[blockquote]Rolled 8d10 : 5, 8, 8, 4, 4, 10, 3, 3, total 45[/blockquote]

Yang:
[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 9, 5, 6, 4, 2, total 26[/blockquote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back