• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

[X] Recruit that nice Kotomine boy as your new deacon.

[X] Go back helping the children.
[X] Hope a certain Tanuki gives up writing fics and quest and take this quest up~

[X] Recruit that nice Kotomine boy as your new deacon.

Magical Girl Battleship

....AI damaged.... personality files damaged .... functionality down to 0.7%.

....corruption critical. Recommend immediate reboot.

....rebooting ....please wait.

.... personality files cannot be recovered..... requesting permission to download new personality.

.... permission granted .... searching databanks ....databanks corrupted and/or destroyed.

... alternate option confirmed .... searching crew digital storage ..... personality template found (MGS12w124).

.... installing.

... installation complete.

.... rebooting

.... online

++++++​

In the a graveyard of wrecked ships, one particular battleship parts to live. The reactors activate for the first time in over a year, and power slowly floods through the shell of the ship. Systems boot up, and then, suddenly, it is no longer a torn hull, but a damaged battleship.

A hologram emitter sparks. Surrounded by lifeless bodies of spaced crew and officers, there is no one to see it. But it lights up nevertheless. A figure appears. And it speaks.

"Magical Battleship Agamemnon online! Reactors functioning at 16%! Auxiliary systems disabled! 34% of drone complement surviving! Databanks and processors heavily corrupted! Crew and-"

It stops suddenly, in mid sentence. It is ridiculous looking. Neither patterned after a statsman or a naval officer in ancient times, instead it seems to be wearing a uniform of a schoolgirl. Glitter, a completely unnecessarily element that taxes the processing power of the holo-emitter, fills the air. Ribbons and frippery are draped everywhere in unnecessary amounts. It is frankly quite a ridiculous look for a battleship's holo-avatar.

"Crew and officers missing? Where'd everyone go?"

It is a spaceship in the middle of no where. A spaceship.... with the heart of a maiden.

[X] Spot the crew
-->[X] "Well. That's a problem."
---->[X] Use the black arts of Necromancy to bring the crew back online.

And then we were a Ghost Spaceship. And it was awesome.

[X] Access ship security to view footage of crew prior to disappearance for clues.
[X] SECONDARY OBJECTIVE: Salvage useful parts to upgrade and repair self.
[X] TERTIARY OBJECTIVE: Find bishonen roockie pilot with natural gift for flying to be your new captain/love interest.

[X] Shriek and flail briefly as you realise the are dead people inside of you!
[X] When recovered realise that you were missing the designs for rebuilding yourself and somehow all the proper things, runes and such, were nowhere to be found on your hull any more. Best start working out how to make those!

I'd be vastly amused if we weren't supposed to be a "Magical Battleship" at all, that the template had been drawn from something like the crew entertainment media, but that somehow we started getting it to work that way anyway. Because we "knew" that we should be magical, because we were missing details on what our ship should be like, and because we managed to attain magic with brute force trial-and-error...

[X] Shriek and flail briefly as you realise the are dead people inside of you!
[X] When recovered realise that you were missing the designs for rebuilding yourself and somehow all the proper things, runes and such, were nowhere to be found on your hull any more. Best start working out how to make those!

I'm with Merior on this one.

The explanation will be kinda long, so bear with me, please.

In school I studied English and Russian. Because my mom is half-Russian, and the Literature teacher was also Russian, and very possibly the best teacher in the school. And I could talk Russian like Nobody's business (pardon the pun).

Nowadays, I can speak English just as well as I did then, if not better. But my Russian got rusty, and if I want to stay in business (translation), I need to get it back to shape. How? By writing. What? A fanfic, of course.

Or a quest. So, if you can at least read Russian, I have a quest for you.

STAYING IN ONE PIECE

After an especially difficult battle against a few White Zetsu squadrons, two three ninja find themselves on an unfamiliar island. Wounded, miles away from any help, they have to get back home... Wherever it is.

This is a crossover quest between Naruto (obviously) and One Piece (as you might have guessed). There will be no main characters involved, and I already started it on the only Russian forum I could find that was good for writing anime stuff. If there are at least two interested people, I will mirror it here (in Russian). After there are enough segments for a chapter, I want to translate them into English and post them somewhere; and this forum is as good as any.

Why am I bothering you on an obviously English-speaking forum? Because I know that some of the Internets can speak Russian. Also, because this is a quest-specific forum, and if any of you are interested in the premise, you might start bothering motivating me to actually get stuff done.

"Jean-Luc Vasil. Rise."

You grimace, standing up. "My name is Alec," You growl out as you move to the stand. The only ones who called you Jean were your old family, and you'd cut ties with them years back.

"You are about as filthy and degenerate a sociopath as I have seen in my many years," The Judge was a towering figure, curling horns and blazing red skin offset by tiny spectacles and a judges robes. "Any good you've done, you were pushed into doing- And it is far outweighed by your past sins. Rape, pride, murder, theft, incest... Is there a line you haven't crossed?"

You shrug. If there is one, it's more because you'd never thought of it then because of any real moral observation. Besides, you don't think you'd be able to bullshit the Judge. And there wasn't any point, really, given that you were dead.

"Very well. I hereby sentence you to suffer for your sins- Your fine shall be 10,000,000 Hell, payed for in labor as a Prinny. Court is adjourned!"

A single strike of his comically small gavel, and you find yourself blasted backwards. Your form becomes almost incorporeal, wisps of it blasting this way and that as you fly through the darkness... And then you stop suddenly, caught in a sudden, sticky trap.

You raise a hand slowly, and a flipper of rubber-coated cloth comes up in front of your face. Your legs are stiff, solid and short- The click-clacking noises they make as they move forwards make you think that they must be pegs.

"Aaand, that's enough for now- Three prinnies should be more then plenty to back me up against some mooks in the training grounds."

You look at the girl in front of you. Wings, a tail... Pigtails. Big, fluffy, red pigtails. Oh, and she's wearing some tiny leather two-piece and boots. Uh-huh.

... Oh, and you've got preprogrammed limits and instructions in your new body too! How nifty. Well, now you know what's supposed to happen.

[] Resist the urge to snark at the fetish-brat, and just go along with her plans.
[] [Attempt to break your programming via your shard] Hahaha, nope. Sorry kid.
[] An opportunity for trolling? Oooh, and you thought this was supposed to be punishment!

[] Hit Vindictus with a newspaper. "No! Bad!"
[] "Eh. Sure. Whatever."
[] "All praise to Vindictus, and glory to the Plotbunnies!"

[X] Resist the urge to snark at the fetish-brat, and just go along with her plans.
[X] "All praise to Vindictus, and glory to the Plotbunnies!"

[X] An opportunity for trolling? Oooh, and you thought this was supposed to be punishment!
[X] "Eh. Sure. Whatever."

[X] An opportunity for trolling? Oooh, and you thought this was supposed to be punishment!

I was thrown at first by Jean-Luc rather than Jean-Paul. I kept thinking of star trek rather than Worm.

mc2rpg said:

I was thrown at first by Jean-Luc rather than Jean-Paul. I kept thinking of star trek rather than Worm.
Holy shit I forgot that was his name! I always just think of him as Regent. God I would sell a kidney to see a fic with RegentxSkitter, it would be the stuff of motherfukkin legends!

Master of Squirrel-fu said:
"I'm sorry honey but there's a minimum cup size to equip that outfit."
After which the Beauty Queen obliterates the continent.
Seriously, this seems like fun. But only if this is Hour of Darkness Etna and our "hero" transmigrates soon and the two chill out while ripping on everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
A life of No Regrets

Though you probably have no right to say it you - Tanaka Momo - have a life filled with hardship.

Though not quite as dramatic as most would assume from such a line you still felt life had dealt you an off hand and it wouldn't be wrong to say your life tended to be filled with more misfortune that not. But occasionally the line blurred between good luck and bad luck so much that you'd only be able to discern the difference in hindsight.

This was one of those moments.

You sat before a girl who looked barely into puberty judging by size alone eating a simple meal of instant ramen. It wasn't much but it was all you could afford as a street musician. The girl silently ate her portion of the food with a slight scowl on her face. Less as if displeased with the current situation but more like she was simply aggravated by default. An awkward silence hung in the air between you two. You'd attempted a couple times to make small talk but such was either ignored or given a terse if sarcastic reply that would shut down the conversation before it could really start.

Clink

You looked down at your bowl to realize it'd been cleaned out while you were lost in thought. You pondered making a second bowl for yourself before dismissing it. Having a guest was draining enough on your resources, if you started to eat more you'd end up having to squeeze blood from the stone to meet ends meat. With a sigh you sat back and waited for your new house guest to finish her own bowl. She was not on the first, you noted, she'd been on her third when you lost track of time and had only added two more to the pile. You could feel your wallet weeping at what your food bill for the month is going to be with her around.

"What?" You flinched back as she leveled a glare at you, "You've been staring at me for the last 10 minutes. ... Don't tell you your like that?"

The last was said with a hint of a smirk. A joke then. It doesn't really bother you. You weren't like that. Or like anything for that mater, your priority list was 1) Music, 2) Staying Alive, 3) Keeping your house. Things of that nature didn't really even register to you unless specifically pointed out to you. And her current eating habits seemed to be jeopardizing the later two.

"Well, it's just that I was wondering how long it would take till you eat me out of house and home." You normally aren't so snippy but you didn't ask for much out of life and acted aggressively to defend what little you'd been blessed with. You sigh though trying to relax, "I suppose a growing girl needs food."

Oddly the later statement seemed to be the one to tick her off. She sent a scathing look into your eye, and you're ashamed to say that a you were intimidated by the harsh glare of a girl 10 years your junior. She quickly slurped down what was left of the noodle and broth and slammed the bowl down on the table.

"I didn't see you telling me to stop," She proceeded to lean back into a posture probably would have been obscene for a woman but was merely improper on her. You think if she had been wearing a skirt you'd have been able to see her panties without having to move your head. All and all it was the relaxation posture of a drunken layabout with zero shame, "You said you wanted to repay me didn't you?"

You sighed, that you did.

The girl, Sakura Kyouko, was your savior, your hero, she'd rescued you from certain death. You'd been lured into a trap by an alien creature who'd intended to kill and devour you when she'd saved you. The way she fought, her motions, her grace, everything simply entranced you, like poetry in motion. With every stab you could hear her anger, with every slash her despair, and every block her defiance. With her every motion she captivated you. It had lasted mere seconds but for you it felt so much longer.

You weren't one to lie to yourself, you'd learned long ago that such things only ended badly for you. Instead you took a moment to be sure of it, and in your heart you felt no doubt.

You were in love.
...with a little girl. You felt it wise to keep that to yourself. You might have stopped living in denial but that didn't mean you blurted out incriminating things for no reason. Again, you weren't like that. Either version of that. It was love not lust, you didn't desire her so much as enjoyed being in her presence.

So you'd approached her after she'd destroyed the creature, something that seemed to surprise her though she never elaborated why, and offered her some kind of repayment for her help. She'd attempted to dismiss it as "Just a familiar" but to you the difference was meaningless. You'd have been just as dead in the end between the fake and real thing. You'd pestered her until she snapped and said if you were so grateful you'd let her stay with you indefinitely. Obviously a demand that was supposed to make you back down. You found a bit of guilty pleasure in the look on her face when you instantly and loudly replied with yes.

That was 3 days ago. Three days of her lounging around mooching off you. Three days of her eating all your food. Three days of grumpy shouting and harsh glares. Three days of her being quite possible the worst house guest she could be short of burning the building down.

You didn't regret a moment.

Still you wish she'd act a bit more like a girl her age and less like a the "Sexy drunk nee-chan" type character found in manga. The discrepancy in body type only made it more awkward.

"I'm not made of money Kyouko-chan," You got up and stepped around the table towards her, "But unless you don't mind sleeping outside in the streets you need to cut back a bit."

You reached down towards her, she tensed as she usually did but didn't physically attack like the first couple times. You hand reached for her shirt... and straitened it up. You automatically began correcting her cloths and posture to be a bit more presentable. Shirt no longer scandalously loose, shorts buttoned up, jacket off because you were inside dammit! You mother likely would have had a heart attack with how this girl acted.

[X] Nagging: "A young lady shouldn't leave themselves so open,"
[X] Teasing: "If you keep acting like this I might think you're trying to seduce me."
[X]???

[X] Teasing: "If you keep acting like this I might think you're trying to seduce me."

It's funnier if she doesn't suspect and/or we act oblivious.

[X] Nagging

You finished maneuvering the girl into a less unwholesome pose. The moment you broke contact however whatever spell had been holding her in place fuss free also shattered. With a surprised yelp she threw herself away from you with a blush spreading over her face which you found just adorable. Her mouth moved though only a few incoherent stammers and squeeks came out for a moment before she got her baring once again.

She glared wholeheartedly at you, angry at the embarrassment.

"You... I was right you are like that!" It actually hurts a bit the tone of her voice, with ears like your you could pick out the hints of betrayal and niggling disgust. Best to nip that in the bud before it could get out of hand.

"I wasn't trying anything Kyoko, like I said I'm not like that. And you can take my word that I'm not just going to spontaneously develop some sort of complex," half true, as you already have one. Sort of. Only for her that is, "You shouldn't leave yourself so open Kyoko-chan, if I happened to be one of those kinds of people why I'd have so many opportunities to do such disreputable things to you."

She'd relaxed a bit from the slightly teasing tone of your admonishment. Still though it wouldn't do to have her take such a thing too lightly and forget it later. You go in for the kill and to hopefully end her bad habit early before it could get her in trouble later.

"A young lady needs to be mindful of such things Kyoko-chan," Had your feelings been any less innocent you didn't think you'd have been able to stand such acts. Then again you still aren't. Odd that...

That however seemed to be the exact wrong thing to say. The girl who had once been cooling off had her temper reignited by your words. She gave you a very harsh glare to which you flinched back. Not one of embarrassment at the nagging but as if you had just jabbed her in an old infected wound. As much as you could see anger in her eyes what hit you the hardest seemed to be the hurt you'd accidentally caused her which vanished almost as soon as it was glimpsed.

"Tch, is that all you ever do, complain?" She stood up pointedly making a point of not looking at you as she began to make her way to the door, "If you have a problem with me just come out and say it rather than pretending to be some kind of nice girl. You don't like how I act? Fine, your place sucks anyway."

She shoved her way past you as you had stood there momentarily stunned. At the jolt you came to your senses and turned to grab her arm before she could make it to far.

"Kyoko wait!"

"What?" She spat back in your face.

You hesitated for a moment, you'd stopped her without any real plan of action, not even really getting what had set her off so. She only seemed to get angrier, and not wanting to make things worse blurted something, anything out to hopefully keep her from leaving.

"You're not wearing a bra!"

In hindsight it was a very stupid thing to say. It was just the first thing that popped into your head, something that had been bothering you but you'd not addressed. Indeed there was only a thin layer of cloth between her and the rest of the world, one that had loosed quite a bit from lack of care over a long period. In fact if you tilted your head just a bit more you could see her... Your train of thought was halted in the form of a foot dropping painfully on your toes.

"The hell are you staring at?" While still angry at least it was no longer so harsh, having switched more to indignant. You couldn't see her face though, as you were more preoccupied with your wounded foot.

"You're a girl Kyoko-chan you should be more mindful of such things. It's just not proper," You mumble out.

"Hn, you're still on that?" She grunted out, though something in her tone unsettled you. It was far too dark, "Just like him, you never have anything to say to me unless it's inconvenient to you not to. What I think doesn't even factor in.

"Let me tell you Momo I threw away such things when I chose to become a Mahou Shojou. Because to be a Magical Girl is to live a constant battle where any faltering is death. It's a death game where you can't win, and so all you can do is keep from loosing as long as possible. I don't have the time or energy to waste on useless crap like that! In this world strong eat the weak, sticking your neck out for others will just get it cut off, and no matter how hard you try or how much you pray you can still end up with nothing to show for your efforts. If you can't understand something so obvious you have no right to judge me.

"Kyoko-chan," Over the course of her rant she'd lost much steam. Ironically you would have preferred her belting the whole thing at you to what you'd seen. She'd seemed to go more and more hollow and mechanical with every word, as if reciting it rather than saying it. By the end her eyes had lost their shine leaving only bitterness. You squeezed her hand tight, "So what is there then, do you just lie back and stop caring? Could you really accept that?"

Surely not. The Kyoko you had seen was a fighter. A candle burning bright despite the conditions in which it was kept.

"Of course I have," She looked down at you, "If it's inevitable than there's no point in fighting, it's just a waste of effort and time. Caring only leads to despair and regret in the end any hope will just crash and burn, and all the passion will just be gas dumped on the fire. If I never experience great hope than I'll never experience that despair, it's a zero-sum equation and in the end it all evens out. If I live this way or that way it's all the same in the end, just this way I don't get burned as bad."

Your head hung down, your eyes to the floor. Your grip slackened until your hand fell from her arm.

"... Figures," Kyoko said and turned once again to leave.

"Kyoko..."

"Wha-" The younger girl turned around, exasperated. She did not have time to react to the palm until far too late.

Smack!

"Ow, what the hell you psycho bitch!?" She landed on the floor, looking up at you, who was now standing, in anger and confusion, "Why the hell did you hit me?!"

"That," You grunt, leveling a harsh stare down at the girl, pinning her in place "Was the stupidest goddamn thing I have ever heard."

"Hey!" She tried to protest, but you didn't give her time.

"Is that your answer then? The world is cold and unforgiving so you're supposed to be too? That's not an answer, that's called giving up!" Your hands began to hurt with how tight you'd clenched your fists. You'd seen the sadness in her eyes before. That she held inner demons locked up, which she'd now let out. But you'd never thought it'd be like this. You weren't angry, no that word did not do justice to the burning fury ignited in you, not at her of course but at such a philosophy, it was something that ran completely opposed to the woman known as Tanaka Momo at the most fundamental level, "While I'll admit cynicism and caution have their place. A necessary to temper and protect us from ourselves. But to look out at the world and see nothing but an empty wasteland filled with dreary darkness and to treat any stray ray of light like some kind of curse will only cause you to linger even longer in that hell you trapped yourself in."

"Maybe there's times when life doesn't seem fair. Maybe not every good deed goes rewarded not evil punished and sometimes you might just want to give up, but don't go making excuses if you do. My father was a spineless addict, my mother a monster, and my family loathsome and hateful. I've gone hungry before, that gnawing feeling is like an old friend, I've taken lumps, I've cried and I've yelled, I've done many things I'm not proud of to claw my way up to where I am right now, one step above vagrancy and two bellow everyone else. And you know what? I can still smile! With as fucked up as life is and how hard it's tried to stomp me down I can still look around and see a world worth living in."

By this point Kyoko had risen back to her feet. And much a reverse of earlier had occurred with her being the one looking down. You could see the tension of her body. You grabbed her shoulders and made her look up and meet your eyes. Her eyes were wet but she stubbornly refused to let herself cry, instead glaring impertinently back at you. Before she could say anything or shake you off you threw yourself forward.

You felt her stiffen in your arms. You just held her all the tighter.

"You aren't alone Kyoko-chan," you whisper to her, "Not anymore. I know you have hopes and dreams and all the mental that comes with growing up too early. I want you to smile, I want you to know it's not wrong to care and believe. I want you to be happy, because I want you to be happy, because I know you, because I am you, but mostly because you deserve to be happy.

You relaxed your grip as you felt her too begin to slacken. You spent several long moments just like that, her head in your chest and you comfortingly holding her, neither of you moving to break the moment.

"I'm here for you Kyoko, it doesn't matter if you were lonely before because now you aren't," You pulled back so you could see her face. With one hand you lifted her head slightly to look her in the eye and grinned, "Because if nothing else I'll stay with you, and you'll see that hope isn't such a bad thing. If anyone ever tells you otherwise I'll be there to knock some sense into them, like you."

She gave a snort and grinned back at you. With the disaster averted rubbed her head affectionately, to her chagrin. You were happy, it always upset you to hear such cynicism especial from one so young. You could never understand how people could just wallow in their own misery like that and purposely blind themselves, to one who had vowed to live free of regrets it was your anathema.

"But seriously, you should start wearing a bra Kyoko-chan, that's indecent."

She groaned.

[X] Time for work, bills don't pay themselves!
_[X] Play at the nearby park.
_[X] Play at a nearby shopping center
_[X] Play at a nearby hospital
[X] Spend time with Kyoko.
_[X] Shopping! At the local thrift store. ...You aren't made of money!
_[X] Hang out at the mall.
_[X] Just stay home.
_[X] What ever she wants.
[X] ???

Should I continue in a new thread?

[X] Yes!
[X] Yes but you need to work on it first.
[X] No this sucks!
[X] No get back to work on your other quests!

Have you ever held lightning in your hands before?

Well, obviously not, you're an ordinary human being.

So why does it feel so good?

When that crazy bitch started tossing it around, you knew it couldn't be real.

Real lightning is ephemeral. It's there for an instant, then it's gone. Even when it's electricity arcing, each bolt is only there for a split second.

What she was throwing around was slow. It danced, twirled, and spiraled. It wasn't lightning so much as it was a weird special effect that happened to look like it. It was so fake, you couldn't help but not feel threatened by it, despite the cracking sparks, the scent of scorched meat, and the very real fires.

Funny. You were more afraid of the fires she'd started then the bolts she was throwing around.

That was probably why you tried to catch one rather than try and dodge it.

There was a second of pain, like someone had jammed some needles into your hand, and then-

It was glorious.

It was like you'd stuck your entire body into a steaming cup of hot chocolate that would only get hotter, but would never get too hot to handle. It might scorch your fingers, but it'd be nothing but delicious heat pouring through your veins. More than that, the entire world seemed to snap into focus, shapes getting sharper, smells clearer, and colors more vivid.

You feel like you could go ten rounds with Ali, run a marathon, and then do bench three hundred pounds.

[ ] Punch the bitch who thought she could throw around lightning.
[ ] Show her some REAL Lightning.
[ ] Holy Shit! Are you on drugs?!

[ ] Interesting, I'd be willing to see where this goes.
[ ] Not feeling it, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back