• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

[X] Show her some REAL Lightning.
[X] Interesting, I'd be willing to see where this goes.

[x] Show her some REAL Lightning.
[x] Interesting, I'd be willing to see where this goes.

Abomination Quest

The sharp ringing of the alarm clock pierce through the murk of sleep, and I'm awake.

"Five more minutes…" Is what I say as I hit snooze.

Sadly, as the I of the past know the me of the future, I had altered the clock. And as I hit the button a surge of energy flows through my body, forcing me fully awake.

"Damn you, past me." Is what I say as I write down the event in my notebook. 27, with this it is the 27th time it happened. The plan to make me a morning person isn't working. And while it doesn't hurt, it is uncomfortable.

I put on the uniform – it's Tuesday, a school day – and go upstairs to prepare breakfast.

Dad's not awake yet, but I boil a pair of eggs to him that I leave with a note. 'Here's breakfast, don't stay up so late.'

And off I go.

School is only a ten minutes walk, so I can take my time and enjoy the scenery.

"Hm…" Looking down in a flower bed halfway to school I can see a gathering of spirit. A shade might be born there soon…

"Ugh!" Is all I can say as someone clings to me from behind.

"Hello, Kobayashi-san~" I feel my eyebrow twitch.

"Yamada, what have I told you about this?" I question, keeping the annoyance I feel from my voice.

He lets go of me and takes a classical thinking pose. "Hm… Clinging to Kobayashi-san. Don't do it?" Why am I friends with him? Ah, right. He won't leave me alone.

I start moving towards school again. "And if you shouldn't do it, why did you?" He follows.

"Ahah!" He points at me with a triumphant expression. "'Cause it's fun!"

Yep, an Anima reaction. Yamada Kazuki, be proud. You can make even a disciplined half-breed feel aggravation at your antics. Now, find someone else to bother!

Name:
[] Akiko (female)
[] Natsumi (female)
[] Ryou (male)
[] Kaoru (male)
[] Write in:

You are:
[] Distant
[] Passionate
[] Hostile
[] Friendly
[] Write in:

Heritage:
[] Darkness
[] Misfortune
[] Sin
[] Love

Name:
[X] Ryou (male)

You are:
[X] Passionate

Heritage:
[X] Love

[X] Natsumi (female)
[X] Passionate
[X] Misfortune

Juniper's Root
[Juniper's Knot][Quest]​

You dream of fire, and the scent of cracking flesh and bone. It's a restless night's sleep, with that- But at the same time, with the fire so near you can't help but feel it's warmth.

Then you wake, and gaze into eyes like polished gold.

Yesterday, when you had woken up, the lady had been cold and angry- You're still not sure why. But it seems like her good temper from the previous evening had held true through the night- She doesn't quite dance as you move along, but she constantly seems like she is about to.

As she leans over and sniffs a flower, you admit it privately to yourself- You really don't get fiends.

That thought stops you cold. You'd almost forgotten about it, having been with her overnight- But the lady is a fiend. She's got horns and pointed ears, even- Although the quick double check you can't stop yourself from making does reveal a complete lack of cloven hooves. Still, how are you going to explain this to your mother? Days late from a trip to the market, and you coming home with a demon instead of that idiot horse and the spices you'd been sent for.

Urgh... You're such a fool.

[] Wait, the lady had said something about filing her horns off before- But then, what of the ears? She can't exactly cover them with hair so short.
[] There's an abandoned barn near the edge of town. Maybe you can hide her there? Eurgh, you have no idea how she'd respond to that though...
[] Think think think, there must be a way to solve this... [Write in option!]
___

[] Stahp. Vindictus, STAHP!
[] What is this I don't even
[] Huh, yeah, sure. Go ahead.

[X] Wait, the lady had said something about filing her horns off before- But then, what of the ears? She can't exactly cover them with hair so short.

[X] Huh, yeah, sure. Go ahead.

Magical Planeswalker Lyrical Nanoha [MGLN/M:tG]

"Nanoha!" The scream still echoes in your head. Your body hurts all over, and your head aches terribly. You feel like throwing up even as you try to stand up.

You don't recognize this place. The panic makes you feel even worse, but you struggle to keep calm, to think on what happened?

You were visiting Suzuka-chan, and then there was an earthquake. And a falling bookcase.

You blink in confusion. You should have been crushed beneath the heavy furniture. And while you feel bad, you're not actually hurt from what you can see.

Then, what happened? Did you die? Is this heaven?

This place… No, you're not sure of what took place, but you won't accept that you are dead. You can't leave your family and friends like that!

Determination gathered, you start exploring this place.

[] An island surrounded only by water
[] A church in the middle of a golden plain
[] A ruined tower
[] A cave at a mountain
[] A lush forest with ancient trees
[] Write in:

[X] A ruined landscape with metal trees and grass rising out of the ground. Gouts of fire exploding from what looks like infernal forges in the lord of the rings movies.

[X] The great and glorious city of the Mob, the Arena, and the Games: Estark.

A MGT crossover, are you looking for a crossover, with an established plane ,or just anywhere.

Another crossover would work, if I know the cross. Or just some other M:tG plane. Sadly, I've never read any of the M:tG books, so places from there won't work.

I get feeling the Jade Empire verse would be good for this for some reason.

[x]A sprawling cityscape that stretches beyond your eyes into eternity.

Hate.

It's a funny word.

Most people can go their entire lives, and never truly mean it when they hate something.

The may dislike something. They may find it annoying. They may indulge in petty revenge against it.

But they won't truly hate it.

And that's a good thing.

Hate is irrational. Hate is something that will stop you from being happy.

To Hate, is to obsess.

It consumes you. No matter where you are, no matter what you're doing, there's a part of you caught in an endless loop dedicated to how much you hate it.

It can sit in your belly, stewing for years. A little piece of your mind that grows like a cancer, until it's all you can think about.

Until you're willing to hurt yourself to hurt them.

Until you no longer matter.

Until there is only Them.

They who will pay.

This hatred of mine... where did it come from?

It was forced on me. Or maybe the reason was taken from me.

It's difficult to tell, with how sudden it began.

I woke up one day, and knew it.

The sun rises in the east, I have five fingers on each hand, and Annabelle Briggs was going to die by my hand.

And I had no idea who she was.

[ ] At first, I tried to pretend nothing had happened.
[ ] I googled the name, trying to find out why.

[ ] This could be interesting.
[ ] Dude, don't even. Just don't.

[X]I googled the name, trying to find out why
[X]This could be interesting/

[X] A lush forest with ancient trees

Yay for MGLN! I considered a crossover in this theme once, but never worked up a good plot beyond the basics and the confidence to start actually writing it. It'd be nice to see any MTG thing, much less one crossed with something has fun as MGLN.

----------------------​

And here's a random idea I've been pondering off and on for the past year or so.

It's called Space Wizards.

You see, in science's endless poking at the universe they found... Well, you can basically sum it up by understanding that sometime last month someone marched out of CERN wearing their labcoat over a wizard's robe and announced that it turns out magic is real.

Not only that, but it seems they also just posted the basics they found on how to use the stuff up on the internet, open source, and here's the address.

This caused some chaos of course, but you? You have a bigger dream. You dream.. of space. And you've taken a look at this 'how to do magic' stuff, and it makes sense to you. In fact, you could well say that you're a wizard. Or at least as close as anyone else is to being that right now. And being a wizard, you intend on using the magic to achieve your dream. And that's why you just registered yourself as a Space Agency...

Or, in other words, each player is leading a magical space agency for hire. Magic system would be somewhat open, as one of the points is to see what fun ideas people come up with, but random bullshit for the sake of bullshit is not invited. (And I do have an actual basic framework in mind. Feel free to try to figure it out in game..) Invent oxen powered space elevators, teleporting crystal spheres with magic lasers, sailing ships that ride the solar wind armed with homing fireball launching cannons, or perhaps breed psionic space whales to ride on...

Different countries will, of course, have their own interests and offer contracts in exchange for stuff, so you get to decide who to buddy up to and who to annoy by giving their rivals the death rays and Mars colony stations. Of course, perhaps you don't want to give the EU a half dozen super battlecruisers when they've been making noise about policing you all and actually having someone with authority up in space. And in the long run, how bound to earth do you have to be? I'm sure there's at least one person around who will be planning a new Martian Empire, complete with Tripods...

Anyone interested?

@Happery

You have my attention.

And my yes.

There's no need to worry though, I don't plan on building colony ships just to set up a tin pot dictatorship on Mars.

Not when the Moon is so much closer.

Why it's so close, you could exchange death ray fire with the Earth from it.

Well, why not post some random idea.

I thought, Mad Scientist Quest could be interesting. Most of the things here seem fantasy or such, so playing something like that could be interesting.

You are [Insert Name] a student of a school in [Insert (Possibly Main) Setting] and you are a genius. In physics and sciences, nobody could challenge you. You had already created miniature robots when you were ten and your skills in mathematics were without equal. Though you somehow had never really made anything big, but now that would change. People have disrespected you for years now and nobody takes you serious. It is almost like the universe is programmed to make fun of you for some reason. Like some higher power is planning to make you despair.

Well, whatever. You have managed to get enough money together from part-time jobs and some minor patents (You programmed the current programs that the school computers were running on) to rent space for a lab. Now you could change the world and nobody would stop you.

Though you would have to be careful with your money and make sure to get materials.

Edit: Another interesting Thing to see would be an Dead Apostle Quest, where you Play a freshly developed Dead Apostle that has gotten his freedom from his creator. Either because the latter was killed by him, or maybe by someone else. It isn't like they aren't always in danger of being killed by someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back