• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

Interest Check & Idea Thread

The world... was small.

Mankind was the dominant species, and there was nothing resembling a contender for that title.

And every day, it got smaller. Borders pushed ever more tightly against each, the light of science pierces the fabric of reality, and you couldn't help but be bored by your daily life.

That's not to say your prospects were bad or anything.

You were fed, clothed, well paid, and generally didn't want for anything.

But, life felt empty.

Your friends just said it was a lack of companionship, or something like that, but you've never really met a woman you could call more than a friend.

You lick your lips.

The liquid copper from your nose has stopped flowing, but it doesn't change the fact that your arm's probably broken.

To be honest, you're not sure what happened. One minute, you're just walking home, the next-

A glorious ivory woman looks down on you, one hand cupping a circle of runes.

She happened.

Along with a bunch of other stuff, sure. Monsters, magic, the whole nine yards.

It was so cool!

Hideously destructive, and highly dangerous too, but god damn.

Your mind keeps going back to that cold, arrogant look she gave you. Like you were so far beneath her, that she wasn't seeing a person but a disgusting bug.

A grin draws itself across your face. You have little to no idea what happened, but you do know a couple of things. First, is that the world is much larger than it seems. Second, Mankind might not occupy that seat of 'Dominant Species'.

Third, is you are going to make that woman eat shit.

How fortunate you have a little something to help along the way.

[ ] The Familiar.
[ ] The Grimoire.
[ ] The Contact.

[ ] Show that Bitch up.
[ ] Dude, you got other projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
[x] The Grimoire.

[x] Show that Bitch up.

Well, this Looks quite interesting. Does it Play in present time or in the future with sci-fi Level Technology?

[X] Show that Bitch up.

This sounds fun.
Not sure about the choice, mainly because I have no idea what the options really mean.
If it's a sentient Familiar, I'd go with that. Otherwise, no idea.

[X] The Grimoire.
[X] Show that Bitch up.

[X] The Grimoire.

[X] Dude, you got other projects.

Welp, I finally caved under my own sloth and came full circle. After many years of consumption of many and varied fiction creations with much of the fan made variety taking prominence, I have started my own little quest. It's a Bleach quest that will hopefully follow a newborn hollow long enough to outlive the quests name. I introduce to you-

Scrub Quest

Your name is Sato Hiroshi and you are in hell.

Ever since you died in that car accident, you haven't been able to move on, not after seeing the pain your family was going through. You had to stay and watch over them, even if you weren't able to interact you had no idea what else you could do. Your wife spent every day crying at your shrine and your son never left his room.

But time numbs all that ails the hearts of the living, and so time passed and your family picked themselves up and continued on with their lives.

You find you didn't mind as everyday they would leave offerings and prayers to show you still mattered to them and you were content to exist, even fantasizing yourself as guardian spirit, left alone on the earth to watch over them.

But now, your wife, your beautiful wife, is seeing some lowlife and acting like some whore! And your son! Where did you go so wrong that he would turn into such a fat and useless otaku! Wasting all that money you had saved up for his future on worthless and disgusting toys, not nearly enough time spent studying!

They barely even offer a prayer to you once a week or even longer! They're forgetting about you! That's not allowed! Never! They can't forget, and become a slut and her depraved lard of an offspring! He probably wasn't even your kid, no way with how much of a slut your wife is, sleeping around behind your back!

And then the pain came, constant and overwhelming. Consuming all thoughts with hatred and agony! It's all their fault, only them! You would have been so much better off without that fatass retard posing as your son! Lived a life of luxury and had as many women as you could desire without that whore draining your finances dry to pay to her pimp and all the other worthless pieces of shit she would give it up to at the slightest opportunity!

Writhing in pain worse than any other you had ever felt, you very heart burning it's way out of your chest from the sheer rage they inspired, you can only let out one final echoing scream.

And then everything went white.

------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations! Your Ghost has evolved into a Hollow!

Please choose a defining characteristic of your newborn Hollow. Remember he's a newborn and as such may have only one weak special attribute and is consumed by both rage and hunger so anything too complicated for a write-in focus or plan/strategy will be ignored or dumbed down.

First up, what is this Hollows best attribute?

[ ] Strength : Raw power and monstrous durability
[ ] Agility : Speed and dexterity
[ ] Soul : Overwhelming presence and energy manipulations

Second will be the form to be based around, don't worry about choosing seemingly conflicted attribute and form, they influence each other.

[ ] Crab
[ ] Horse
[ ] Big Cat
[ ] Bird
[ ] Other

Already got it up on SB if you feel like it should keep going, come on over, I welcome all into this travesty in the making.

[X] Soul : Overwhelming presence and energy manipulations
[X] Wolf

Biigoh said:
[X] Soul : Overwhelming presence and energy manipulations
[X] Wolf

Lucky you, against the odds, your vote won.

Also, is it a good or bad thing that I'm basically fumbling my way into making an RPG system for the game? Spending more time on it the any kind of plans for the future or the setting so far.... Should probably start a bit of World building soon in case they go off the rails somehow.

@Berserkslash
Eh, the only thing I've been told is to keep it simple -_-;
That said, I have some Zanpakutou and Hollow (and Arrancar) designs that I can give you...for a price.
Continuing the thing is the price.
So...wanna contract?

Hmm, not quite yet, if Hiroshi even comes close to a Shinigami with his Shikai he dies, lucky for him, that's unlikely until he gets some notoriety, unluckily he's about to get plenty with his little feast coming up. SB surprises me with picking a High Risk, High Reward option.

Anyone wanna see just how scrubby the little guy is? I can show off my stat rating progression.

Nasu Gilgamesh quest.

No, not that Gilgamesh- This Gilgamesh:
Scan10035.jpg

I'd need some help running it, admittedly, because I have issues with mechanics and do not Nasu, but I think it would be an amusing game to say the least.

Ya got a decent translation of the epic to work from?

Personally it bugs me that Gil gets top billing. Enkidu is way more interesting. Gil is totally his sidekick.

Ehh....all things considered I still gotta give that win to Gilgamesh. Yes, Gilgamesh is close to a Showy Invincible Hero there. On the other hand, the legend ends with his immortality snatched away from him, he goes back to his kingdom, sees the value on it, rules justly for the rest of his natural life, and then he dies.

And that's the end of him.

He did his big epic quest and his only material reward at the end of it all is exactly what he started with.

No. He also got wisdom, contentment, and enlightenment. For the man who had everything that was what he really needed. It's like the poem Ithaka.

FurikoMaru said:
Ya got a decent translation of the epic to work from?

Personally it bugs me that Gil gets top billing. Enkidu is way more interesting. Gil is totally his sidekick.

I have a copy of the transcript I picked up at the college shop... A couple years back, and which I promptly skimmed and have left sitting with my old textbooks and novels in a large, plastic box for quite some time.

Another Reincarnation Quest [Naruto/???]

In red rage, the village, your new home is destroyed. A mighty beast, looking vaguely like a nine-tailed fox is rampaging. The people of the village tries to fight back, and the beast is finally vanquished.

But, now you know that this new life of yours won't be as calm as you had hoped. Rebirth is apparently enough to obtain a calm life.

You were:
[] An orphan before, and now you're an orphan again. You held the legacy of the Faint Smile.
[] Once, you killed what had become of your former comrades. Fooled by desire and wishes. And then the one you swore to protect sacrificed herself, you would not turn into a monster. Now you are born into a clan of fire and madness.
[] You lacked strength to fight. You lacked skill to fight. You didn't lack desire to make a difference. You threw away morals to research depraved subjects. You threw away ethics to gain for a small chance to make a difference. Monsters created from the descendants of dragons. Oh, what did you do? Born into a strict clan with sharp eyes.

One of these is not like the others. One of these does not belong... Well, didn't remember a character that suited what I wanted, so one of the choices is an OC from the same setting as another of the choices.

I'm gusssing the first and and last are both from claymore?

In case it wasn't clear, the second choice isn't from the same setting as the other two.

The second is likely Homura from PMMM.
Possibly as an Uchiha? That sounds like it'd be fun.

Would we replace the respective canon characters?

Nekraa said:
For the Homura vote I hadn't planned on it, the other two, maybe, depending on your votes on the second update.
Desperately searching for a way to survive the massacre sounds like it could be fun and as far as I recall isn't something we've really done before.
Not to mention that, if there's one person who knows how to kill her best friend, it's Homura, which means we can score a rather neat power up, if we really need to.

Honestly not sure about the others.
Mainly, because I can't really see any immediate goals for them to pursue that we haven't done a thousand times in these Naruto Reincarnation quests.
I guess the nationalistic mad scientist character at least could join ROOT, which would be new, but people never choose Danzo and I'm still slightly leery of picking an OC.
Claire on the other hand straight up doesn't seem interesting enough on her own to warrant picking her.

Countless Demon Blades are strewn across the world.

Once one of these blades is drawn from it's sheath, they immediately begin thirsting for blood.

Witness the fates of those who fell prey to their power.

The beautiful heiress, seeking an escape.

The clever thief, hoping to carve a legend for himself.

The ordinary student, bored with life.

Behold their strange, interweaving paths, as an ancient bloody fairy tale comes to life once more.

The Journey begins...

[ ] In the dead of night, where those clad in shadow walk.

[ ] At the empty dawn, before the sun has truly risen.

[ ] During the noon time hour, when it is least expected.

I just beat Kisuke's route in Muramasa. Beautiful game. Wish Kisuke and Torahime got a better ending.

[X] During the noon time hour, when it is least expected.

[X] At the empty dawn, before the sun has truly risen.

How about a Christmas themed Quest? Something like playing the Spirit of Christmas and it is your Job to go to the most unlucky People in fiction and fulfil their wishes.. with MAGIC!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back