1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mascot & Magic: Revival

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Royal_Sword13, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Threadmarks: Prologue: Howl and Bite!
    Royal_Sword13

Royal_Sword13 I Am A Sword. A MAGIC Sword!

[X] Check out the Ember in the alleyways.

You decided to go for the Ember in the alleyways, and flew towards where your senses would lead you to them. You could sense the Ember flickering, dimming and brightening chaotically. Embers were usually far more stable, and for one to be acting like that, meant that something bad was happening. You tracked down the fluctuating Ember into an alleyway in the southeastern part of the city, a half dozen blocks away from the hospital you landed at after crossing through the Gate of Infinity. Looking around, your silver eyes fell upon a girl in somewhat ragged clothing stumbling as she ran from something. Suddenly, a chill ran up your spine along with a surge of pure HATE as caught the scent of ash and shadow. It took only a few seconds for a beast, some twisted mockery of what had been some kind of bird, came barreling out of the darkness from further down the alley. You acted without even thinking, your form igniting in celestial flame as you crashed down like a meteor into the thousand damned servant of the Accursed, howling with rage and hate. Your golden fur changed into a window into the cosmos with stars, planets, nebulae, and galaxies dancing to the unheard symphony of the firmament. Your eyes became twin Suns of silver flame, with more eyes like them appearing on your wings, which had doubled in number. Your fangs and claws grew sharp and deadly like spears and swords, ready to pierce and rend the putrid flesh of the Dreg that dared to show itself before you, and you would be all too glad to sunder from the face of existence!

Do-Gi’s Attack: 94 (Roll) + 10 (Surprise Attack) + 10 (???)=114
    Vs
    Dreg Beast’s Defense: 58 (Roll) - 10 (Hyper Focused)=48

Do-Gi Wins

The spawn of the Accursed was too focused on the girl to notice you until you were already tearing into its fucking throat with your fangs after slamming onto its spine, it’s shrieks of pain and the sound of its breaking spine only served to fuel to battle frenzy that had taken over your mind. The Dreg Beast tried to fight you off, flailing its corrupted wings and talons to try and strike you.

Dreg Beast’s Attack: 12 (Roll) -10 (Pinned)=2
    vs
    Do-Gi’s Defense: 16 (Roll) +10 (???)=26

Do-Gi Wins

It’s attempts to remove you were futile, it’s limbs barely having the strength to reach you as your jaws put more force on its neck, slowly crushing it as you could feel the life force of the blighted shade born of your hated foe drained away as your fangs pierced deeper and deeper, a sense of vengeful satisfaction filling your heart as you pushed just a bit more…

Do-Gi’s Attack: 50 (Roll) +10 (???)=60
    Vs
    Dreg Beast’s Defense: 24 (Roll) - 10 (Pinned)= 14

Do-Gi Wins

CRUNCH

You pulled your jaw away from the crushed and broken neck of the Dreg Beast, and watched as it began to disintegrate into black smoke that quickly dispersed until all that was left was a small crow, looking around in confusion before seeing your combat form and getting spooked into flying off. Part of you felt good, better than you ever felt before after killing the Dreg Beast, but part of you also felt your mind becoming clearer as you realized that something was wrong. You might have hated the Accursed and their minions, everyone in Sanctum did, but it was never so… vividly felt before. In fact, while part of you felt satisfied by killing the Dreg, it also felt partially like you were disappointed you couldn’t make it suffer more.

That was… mildly concerning, though you had to admit, getting the first Dreg kill yourself instead of having it be a Champion was going to be something you’d probably take pride in for awhile…wait…

You almost completely forgot about the girl!

Looking around, you spotted her hiding behind a dumpster with one of your wing eyes (so those are functional) staring at you with a wide pair of grey eyes. You meanwhile looked deeper and found her Ember was still fluctuating but was starting to settle down into the brighter range. If she was fleeing from a Dreg, there was a chance that it had tried to possess her or tried to use some dark Magic on her, or something else you didn’t know about. You knew that trying to interact with her in your current state would probably not work all that great, so you pulled the mental trigger to turn back into your ‘cute’ form, instead of the cosmic wolf with four eye-studded wings. It felt strange, like you were putting on a suit that was two sizes two small and your body was compressing itself to accommodate the suit instead of the suit being stretched or torn.

Blinking and checking your wings to make sure you didn’t have any extra eyes, you walked over to the stunned girl. “Sorry about that violent display, but I think we both can agree it would be better than letting you be caught by that beast.” You spoke in a calm voice and tried to sound soothing. The grey eyed girl looked at you for a few seconds before blinking once and then blinking again a second time after another few seconds, before she reached out and… poked your nose.

“Oh…” She said, as though coming to the realization that you were not some kind of hallucination. “… are you going to eat me?”

“What!? No, why would you even think that!?” You asked, being thrown off your plan for how to interact with her as she asked you that question. “That would be extremely counterproductive and morally wrong to eat another sapient being! And I don’t even need to eat anyway.”

The girl seemed to take your outburst rather well, simply nodding before looking off into the distance. “… What now?” She asked after staring off into nothing with a blank gaze for a moment. Well, that’s mildly concerning.

“Ah, right.” You composed yourself as you mentally went over how to pitch the idea to her. “Well, you see there are more creatures like the one I just took care of and saved you from, and they have masters who are coming to this very city in search of a set of very powerful and dangerous relics of a time long forgotten and lost to history.” You started off with a basic summary of why you were here. “This is not the first time a crisis has occurred, and beings like myself are sent to the world of humanity in order to rally together and recruit a group of Champions to help fight the threats to the world and save the day.”

“You looked like you could handle yourself.” The girl pointed out, and you puffed out your chest and flared your wings.

“I am an exception to the norm.” You said, before getting serious again. “However, I am but one being. In conflict, quantity and quality of both sides have to both be considered. By myself, I cannot hope to achieve victory, but with a team of Champions working together alongside me, I have confidence that there isn’t a foe that couldn’t be toppled.” You tried to sound inspiring at the end there, though it was hard to tell with the mostly blank expression you were getting from the girl.

“Why help me then?” She asked, and you smiled as you reached towards her. Suddenly, a small mote of light and flame emerged from her chest, the Ember of Magic within her. You studied it while she looked at it with wide eyes. The Ember had continued to stabilize and was now solidly burning bright, with a monochrome gradient coloration of white, grey, and black. It was also quiet, so much in fact that you could only ‘hear’ total silence from it. While your senses weren’t keen enough to predict what kind of Magic she would have, it wasn’t going to be anything that would be weak.

“Because you, my dear, have an Ember of Magic.” You said as you began the explanation. “The spark of potential that can be kindled into a flame of greatness, the thing that would allow you to become a Champion.” She seemed almost mesmerized as she stared into her Ember. “And that's where I come in, I can kindle that Ember into a proper flame and make you into a Champion. I think you also call them…Magical Girls, in your case.”

“… Okay, do it.”

“Now, this is a very important decision so I understand if you feel hesitant-, wait what?” You blinked as her words registered to you after a second. “Just like that, no thinking about it at all?”

The girl nodded. “Yes, I’ll become a magical girl.” She said, and you were left kind of stumped.

“… Any particular reason you’re so okay with just going along with this?” You asked, curious.

“No where else to go.” She said, and you were surprised.

“What about family?” You asked, and she shook her head.

“Dead.” She said, rather bluntly to your shock. “People I was staying with didn’t want me either, weren’t good at it. Then they died too because of the bird monster.”

… Oh, she’s in shock isn’t she? Her brain hasn’t actually processed everything yet.

Right, how do you handle this situation?

[ ] Kindle the Ember: Hey, she’s already agreed to it, even if it’s not in the best state of mind…
    [ ] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.

Either way, you would also have to address another issue… neither of you had a place to stay. And it wasn’t like you could just Magic up a house out of nothing, so you’d need to find a place for the girl to stay at… speaking of which, you actually don’t know her name.

“My true name is a bit too majestic for mortals to understand, and is physically impossible for you to actually pronounce anyway, so you can call me Do-Gi.” You introduced yourself properly. “What is your name?”

“Kuuhaku Chinmoku, though just Kuuhaku is fine.” Kuuhaku said, and you blinked as your innate translation ability rearranged the naming conventions to match your own.

Well then… you should see what you could do for shelter.

[ ] Look for Abandoned buildings, there’s got to be one somewhere right?
    [ ] Did the Dreg damage the apartment? You could use that, you just have to do some… clean up.
    [ ] This was an important mission, maybe you could call for some assistance?
    [ ] Some Other Ideas? (Write-In)

Discovered “???”: +10 to Combat when fighting Dregs and Accursed, ???

2. SeerKing

SeerKing Versed in the lewd.

[X] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.

[X] Did the Dreg damage the apartment? You could use that, you just have to do some… clean up.

3. SpacePaladin

SpacePaladin Versed in the lewd.

[X] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.

[X] This was an important mission, maybe you could call for some assistance?

Maybe we should get some mortal agents to help out with looking after our traumatized orphans.

sportoner likes this.
  4. NaanContributor

NaanContributor Provider of delicious flatbread, and nothing else

[X] Did the Dreg damage the apartment? You could use that, you just have to do some… clean up.

If her guardians got violently murdered by a monster, the authorities are probably at the scene by this point. Not sure which is better between her just disappearing versus returning where they can ask her what happened and try to resettle her afterwards, but I’ll go with this for now.

5. MediumBane

MediumBane Experienced.

At least she's not abandoned in a box for once. On the other hand, using the battle form makes the mascot edgier, so careful.

[X] This was an important mission, maybe you could call for some assistance?

Better not go back to the place where she saw her adoptive parents die so soon, and I'm not sure how would Doge clean the scene.
    On the plus side, the number of dead relatives is equal to your power level in shone-style stories, so that girl will get a massive buff, totes!

sportoner and Royal_Sword13 like this.
  6. shanagan

shanagan Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan "Begone Death, oh relentless buzzard! Today these adoptive parents shall LIVE!"
    -[X] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.
    -[X] (Write-in) If her adoptive parents were recently slain... perhaps you can use your Flames of the Phoenix to bring them back to life?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
  7. sportoner

sportoner I trust you know where the happy button is?

[] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.
    [] This was an important mission, maybe you could call for some assistance?

Let's break the tradition of deceiving traumatized girls into accepting unimaginable cosmic powers.

[X] Plan "Begone Death, oh relentless buzzard! Today these adoptive parents shall LIVE!"

SpacePaladin likes this.
  8. SpacePaladin

[X]Plan: Don't Exploit the Traumatized Girl... Yet.
    -[X] Hold off: Yeah, maybe you shouldn’t give a heavily traumatized girl magical powers just yet.
    -[X] This was an important mission, maybe you could call for some assistance?

9. Ahuizotl

Ahuizotl I trust you know where the happy button is?

-[X] (Write-in) If her adoptive parents were recently slain... perhaps you can use your Flames of the Phoenix to bring them back to life?

Hmm...

Would it be possible for us to resurrect her guardians? I get that dying does indeed still hurt and leave scars, but it should still be possible. Even if there is some kind of drawback such as"

1. Her adoptive parents are freaked out by these dangerous supernatural monsters and ask us to keep them involved with any monster hunting plans.
    2. They come back as undead and our girl now has adoptive parents who burn up in the sun and hate garlic.
    3. The police showed up first and we have to talk with the authorities
    4. Maybe the forces of evil took their souls and our first mission is to track them down and get them back.
    5. Maybe her adopted parents ended up in heaven and even got the paperwork done before we showed up ready to bring them back to life.
    6. The personification of Death feels cheated out of it's prize and keeps trying to pull Final Destination-esque stuff to kill them again... and angel doggo will have to keep bringing them back and chasing the grim reaper away each time.

Or something else.

Anyway... we've got magical healing and resurrection as one of our main powers, I say we use it to bring our Champion's adoptive parents back and see if that helps her out. If it works, we could probably use their help in the fight against evil! Heck, even if we don't necessarily decide to choose this girl as our champion, her parents could probably help us out.

10. NaanContributor

Oh right, even though this is only two parts, it should still probably be in plan format huh?

[X] Plan "Begone Death, oh relentless buzzard! Today these

11. Royal_Sword13

Kind of surprised no one else thought to ask it yet.

The answer is yes, you can.
    1. Possible, definitely possible.
    2. Nope, no Vampire or Zombies here.
    3. The police are very likely to be there already.
    4. Most Dregs don’t have that power, the Accursed themselves though…
    5. You think there’s PAPERWORK… in HEAVEN?
    6. You don’t need to worry about that one.
    I would really appreciate it, yes.

sportoner and Ahuizotl like this.
  12. SpacePaladin

13. MediumBane

MediumBane Experienced.

Oh right, forgot we're mascot-Jesus.
    BTW, the char sheet's boxes are unreadable, the text is too squeezed.

depends on the incarnation of it and the cynicism of the writer.

sportoner likes this.
  14. Royal_Sword13

Okay, I’ve edited it, does that help?

15. SpacePaladin

Still very squeezed.

16. MediumBane

MediumBane Experienced.

Can't see the difference. Still too squeezed.

17. Royal_Sword13

It might be a formatting thing…

Wait, did you mean Do-Gi’s Character sheet or the Book of Foes stuff?

Edit: If you meant the latter, I’ve fixed it.

18. MediumBane

MediumBane Experienced.

It was the Book of Foes. It looks fine now.

Royal_Sword13 likes this.
  19. Royal_Sword13

Speaking of the Book of Foes, I have fleshed out the Dregs section more. These will be the main enemies you’ll be encountering.

20. BooksRFme

BooksRFme A reader

[X] Plan: A New Life
    -[X] Look for Abandoned buildings, there’s got to be one somewhere right?

I don't think the family she was staying with wanted Kohaku. She implied that they didn't want her, and that was before they were killed by a monster that wanted to kill her. I don't think them coming back to life will result in a happy reunion...
    Even so, living where she watched a violent murder take place isn't my idea of assisting good mental health. So, start a new life in a new place and try to race the Dreg into protecting the candidates before they can kill them.

Ahuizotl likes this.
  21. Index: Vote Closed
    Royal_Sword13

Vote is Closed.

It seems that the winner is the plan "Begone Death, oh relentless buzzard! Today these adoptive parents shall LIVE!" with 6 Votes.

22. Threadmarks: Prologue: End of Night Zero
    Royal_Sword13

-[X] (Write-in) If her adoptive parents were recently slain... perhaps you can use your Flames of the Phoenix to bring them back to life?.

You ended up deciding to not make her a Champion so soon after such a traumatic event, and would let her have some time to process and deal with everything that happened. Speaking of which, you’ve decided to use your other new power to help someone other than you and your champions. Hopefully they’ll be feeling grateful for being given a second chance at life… hopefully the damage to their apartment wasn’t bad enough to cause some issues.

You asked Kuuhaku to lead you back to her apartment, and she agreed without any objection, which was actually more concerning than if she was uncooperative. Perhaps she was dissociating from everything? Was that how it worked? You started to wish that you had done some greater research into human psychology, because you didn’t know as much as you felt you should in this situation. You extended your perception filter over to Kuuhaku so no one would see anything that looked out of the ordinary, just a girl and her dog walking back home. As you approached the destination, you noticed the distinct lack of any sirens or alarms, making you curious about what was going on as Kuuhaku let you into the apartment building and up the stairs towards where she was staying with the foster parents. You knew that something wasn’t right when you saw that the door Kuuhaku had stopped in front of was intact… but left open slightly.

Entering through the door, you take in the scene. There was an open window that you could detect the scent of the Dreg you had killed, yet the room looked… eerily pristine. There was also a faint hint of magical energy in the air, like someone had cast a few spells. Which didn’t make much sense, unless the Dreg had some kind of weird clean up or stealth ability? You looked over at Kuuhaku and she seemed equally confused, looking around as though nothing looked real. She took you to the bedroom where the foster parents slept and opened the door to find them in the bed. At a glance, you would think they were just asleep, but you examined closer to find they weren’t breathing. Removing the covers, you blinked as you discovered holes in the chest of both bodies, right over where the heart was.

Suddenly, you heard and felt a cracking sound as the apartment seemed to shift and there was now more blood everywhere. You rushed back into the living room to find it trashed, with claw marks and smashed furniture, along with a busted in window and wrecked balcony. “An illusion?” You wondered out loud. “But.. the Dreg Beast couldn’t have done this, could it? Did I just get lucky and get the drop on it…?”

“It wasn’t alone.” Kuuhaku said. “There was a tall man with it, they looked like they were made of mirrors…” She looked around. “I don't think we can live here.”

“Well, I wouldn’t be so sure about that…” You said, looking around. An alarm hadn't gone off and you didn’t hear any sirens, so there was the chance you could call in some of the cleaners to fix up the place… though usually they were usually only brought in when the masquerade needed some patching up after a battle got too public. “I can contact some people to fix up the place, but first… follow me.” You went back into the bedroom with the bodies, with Kuuhaku following you close behind. She didn’t really react to the bodies, but did look interested as golden embers gathered over them. You focused the power of Phoenix Fire over the bodies, which ignited and were consumed as the embers became a flame. The bed and covers, which were now no longer bloody, were left untouched by the flames. The ashes of the two corpses rose up and swirled, reconstructing into healthy and whole bodies that were thankfully clothed. The flames then flowed like water into the two bodies through their mouths. The two bodies shone with an aura of gold for a few seconds before the light dimmed.

Then the pair woke up gasping for air and shot up into sitting position, hands reaching to where there were once holes in their chest. “W-What the Hell, d-did just happen!?” The man questioned, sounding confused and terrified.

“I’m alive?” The woman asked herself, then looked over to see her partner. “You’re alive? B-But I saw you…”

“Hello, and welcome back to the living world!” You announced, drawing the attention of both freshly resurrected humans.

“… Did that dog just talk… and have wings?” The woman asked, looking baffled.

“What, I d-don’t understand…” the man said, staring at you with the look of someone who didn’t know what was real or not.

“Well, allow me to explain then.” You said as you flapped your wings, which made the two humans lean back in surprise. “My full name is impossible to actually pronounce for humans, so for the sake of convenience you may call me Do-Gi. You both were the unfortunate victims of an evil monster born from a dark spirit possessing an animal, in this case a fork of crow or raven I believe, and died. I rescued your charge, who the monster was chasing down an alleyway, and killed said monster. Then I had young Kuuhaku lead me back here, where I used my powers to resurrect you.” You finished your quick exposition of events and watched the two for their reactions.

They promptly fainted.

“Well…in hindsight I should have expected that sort of reaction.” You remarked, giving the unconscious pair of adults a look before turning to Kuuhaku. “Is your room intact?” You asked her, to which she nodded. “Alright, while I contact my colleagues, you should try to get some sleep.” She was bound to have nightmares, but you couldn’t do anything about that. You can fight, heal, and resurrect, you couldn’t make some kind of dream catcher or some other anti-nightmare item. Kuuhaku slowly nodded and left for her room. You meanwhile went into the nearest bathroom and breathed in the mirror. On the fog that was made, you quickly drew a magic circle you and your siblings were taught in case you were ever chosen as you were and needed to deal with a mess.

The surface of the mirror rippled like water before settling into displaying an image of an insect winged fairy.

[​IMG]

“You’re the newly deployed Mascot, aren’t you?” The purple haired Fae asked you, to which you nodded. “Has the situation already gotten out of hand? Do you need extraction?”

“No, that won’t be necessary. Besides that, you know the Starborn don’t really run.” You said, to which she nodded. “However, I do need the services of the Cleaners. The current home of my first Champion Candidate was attacked by a Dreg Beast that was likely assisted by a Dreg Golem or possibly a Dreg Demon with illusionary powers. The damage is extensive and I don’t really have many options for places to stay.”

“Understood, please standby as we mobilize a team of Cleaners to your location.” The Fae said as she reached up and messed with a sort of holographic runic keyboard. “Would you like for a sealing vessel to be delivered as well?”

“I would appreciate it if you could arrange that, I can store it in my inventory.” You said, while glancing in a ‘not’ direction and looked into your empty pocket space. “That should be all, thank you.”

“Understood, good luck with your mission.” The faerie said, before cutting the communication line. Sure enough, the Cleaners arrived and started to magically repair the apartment and remove any evidence of the attack from the systems in the apartment building that might have existed. You were also handed a large metal Pithos with depictions of demonic creatures being chained and fed into the maw of a giant skull. This was a Pandoran Vessel, which would seal away an Accursed and allow them to be contained long enough to enact the ritual needed to destroy them.

You would need to consider how to handle things when morning came, it would be very important to start things off right.

How will you handle the guardians?
    [ ] Insurance: You brought them back, they owe you life debt in the most literal way. Use the fact you can heal and resurrect them in order to get them to cooperate with you.
    [ ] Exposition: Explain to them the entire situation and what you needed from them in order to do your job. Surely if you helped them understand, they would be willing to help.
    [ ] Something Else: Maybe you should look at it from a different angle… (Write-In)

What will you do with Kuuhaku?
    [ ] Double Check: Ask her if she is really certain about becoming a Champion. If she still wants to, awaken her Ember of Magic. If not, you’ll come up with something…
    [ ] When You're Ready: You will wait for her to come to you when she feels like she’s ready to become a Champion, give her time to think things through and process things.
    [ ] Already Agreed: Even if she wasn’t in the best head space, she did agree to become a Champion already…She probably won’t change her mind.
    [ ] Something Else: Wait, maybe you could do this instead. (Write-In.)

What do you do with yourself?
    [ ] Self-Reflection: You practically went berserk when you detected and saw that Dreg Beast, but that was not how you normally were. Mediate and inspect your True Essence to see if there was something different.
    [ ] Vessel Checking: The Pandoran Vessel was the key to stopping the Accursed, so making sure it would actually work was very important. You’ll just triple check to see if there were any issues.
    [ ] Sleep: Normally, you didn’t need to sleep and so you didn’t. The closest you’ve done is fall into meditative trances. You wonder what sleep is like?
    [ ] Scout: You’ll spend the rest of the night doing some recon in the area around the apartment building.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
  23. SeerKing

SeerKing Versed in the lewd.

[X] Insurance: You brought them back, they owe you life debt in the most literal way. Use the fact you can heal and resurrect them in order to get them to cooperate with you.
    - [X] Be subtle about it and don't beat them over the head about it unless they really dig their heels in about it.

[X] Double Check: Ask her if she is really certain about becoming a Champion. If she still wants to, awaken her Ember of Magic. If not, you’ll come up with something…

[X] Self-Reflection: You practically went berserk when you detected and saw that Dreg Beast, but that was not how you normally were. Mediate and inspect your True Essence to see if there was something different.

24. SpacePaladin

[X]Plan Informed Consent + Blackmail
    -[X] Insurance: You brought them back, they owe you life debt in the most literal way. Use the fact you can heal and resurrect them in order to get them to cooperate with you.
    -- [X] Be subtle about it and don't beat them over the head about it unless they really dig their heels in about it.
    -[X] Double Check: Ask her if she is really certain about becoming a Champion. If she still wants to, awaken her Ember of Magic. If not, you’ll come up with something…
    -[X] Vessel Checking: The Pandoran Vessel was the key to stopping the Accursed, so making sure it would actually work was very important. You’ll just triple check to see if there were any issues.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  25. Wardragon50

Wardragon50 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Insurance: You brought them back, they owe you life debt in the most literal way. Use the fact you can heal and resurrect them in order to get them to cooperate with you.
    - [X] Be subtle about it and don't beat them over the head about it unless they really dig their heels in about it.

[X] Double Check: Ask her if she is really certain about becoming a Champion. If she still wants to, awaken her Ember of Magic. If not, you’ll come up with something…

[X] Self-Reflection: You practically went berserk when you detected and saw that Dreg Beast, but that was not how you normally were. Mediate and inspect your True Essence to see if there was something different.

26. BooksRFme

BooksRFme A reader

[X]Plan Informed Consent + Blackmail
    -[X] Insurance: You brought them back, they owe you life debt in the most literal way. Use the fact you can heal and resurrect them in order to get them to cooperate with you.
    -- [X] Be subtle about it and don't beat them over the head about it unless they really dig their heels in about it.
    -[X] Double Check: Ask her if she is really certain about becoming a Champion. If she still wants to, awaken her Ember of Magic. If not, you’ll come up with something…
    -[X] Vessel Checking: The Pandoran Vessel was the key to stopping the Accursed, so making sure it would actually work was very important. You’ll just triple check to see if there were any issues.

Yeah, seems good. Though I worry that the guardians might not be able to handle the mental strain...

27. NaanContributor

[X] Informed Consent + Self-Reflection

-[X] Self-Reflection: You practically went berserk when you detected and saw that Dreg Beast, but that was not how you normally were. Mediate and inspect your True Essence to see if there was something different.

28. MediumBane

MediumBane Experienced.

29. Royal_Sword13

Okay, so..

I have stated I would like voted that have multiple parts to be made into a plan format for the sake of simplicity, however, since your votes are practically identical to Plan Informed Consent + Self-Reflection , I will be counting it towards that plan this time.

I will be closing the Vote now, and the update will be out soon. Get ready for it.

30. Threadmarks: Prologue END: IGNITE!
    Royal_Sword13

-[X] Self-Reflection: You practically went berserk when you detected and saw that Dreg Beast, but that was not how you normally were. Mediate and inspect your True Essence to see if there was something different.

You decided to do some meditation in order to figure out what was going on with your newly acquired intensified hatred and rage at the Accursed and their servants. Sitting down on the newly repaired coach, you closed your eyes and pulled away from the physical vessel you inhabited and turned inwards, towards your true self. Gone were faint sounds of the city, the smell of freshly clean floors and furniture, the feeling of the couch, and in their place came the sound of the harmonic hum of celestial spheres, the feeling of arcane starlight radiating from within, the everburning flame of purest magical energy that served as your very being. You felt brighter, more radiant, your core burning hotter than ever before. You can see the golden embers of Phoenix fire dancing as miniature stars among your essence, shaping into cosmic patterns and constellations while singing a song of perpetual renewal, of the cycle of life, death, and rebirth made eternal. You felt the might of great warriors and ancient beasts from myth and legend reaching out from your essence towards the vessel that was your physical body, awaiting the time when the call of battle was made once more. You looked deeper, gazing into the very center of your being…

DC: ??. Roll: 76. Pass.

You feel something, a tugging at the edge of your senses. You follow it towards a part of your core and find a metaphysical representation of the stellar heart of the Sanctum Aetherius. But, it was different now. It was an angry dark red coloration, and flares of arcane stellar matter raged across its surface. You could hear… voices, whispering to you with their anger and hate. You got flashes of a disasters, of the earth splitting open like a maw filled with jagged stony fangs spewing forth magma and toxic fumes, the seas riding up as great tidal waves that towered into heavens crashed into the land and wiped it clean, as the sky itself cracked open with a myriad of dimensional rifts that sent down pillars of multicolored lightning that brought forth destruction and blasted holes in the fabric of space-time. You saw the gathering of men and women in robes and several pantheons worth of divine beings and elder elemental beings standing together as part of a great ritual, their physical forms sundered as their souls merged into a single entity that was born with the flash and force of a supernova.

And you heard their voices all rage and curse the ones who brought forth the calamities upon their home, and it was like a thousand thunderclaps going off inside your head at the same time.

“VENGEANCE!”

You were snapped out of your meditation and found yourself falling off the couch and landing on the floor, now nursing a splitting headache that made the room blur and spin. You stayed like that, panting as you tried to use your healing powers to ease the pain, the embers of gold swirling around your body and very slowly you could feel the throbbing and stabbing sensation in your brain start to fade and disappear. You felt something was coming out of your nose, and brought a paw up to check what it was. Pulling your paw away and looking at it, you found blood. You must have had a nose bleed, which suggested the backlash was a lot worse than you thought.

Still… at least you had an idea as to what was happening…

Grudge of Aetherius: +10 to Combat when fighting Dregs and Accursed, -20 when trying to disengage from combat with Dregs and Accursed. Must roll to resist going berserk when detecting hidden Dregs.

You ended up waiting until everyone woke up, the two adults walking into the living room with confused looks on their faces, which quickly turned to shock and a bit of fear when they saw you. “Wait, t-that’s the dog from the n-nightmare.” The woman said, pointing at you while hiding behind the man, who had grown incredibly pale.

“I must say, isn’t it a bit rude to point at others?” You said and that just made the two of them freak out more. “I would suggest calming down, we do have some things to discuss after all.” The two adults looked at each other before the woman spoke.

“W-What do you mean?” She asked, and you sighed as you moved your wings a little as you started to explain.

“Well, if you look around you’ll notice that your apartment is all cleaned up and repaired, and I am sure that you have already found the distinct lack of holes in your chests.” You said while gesturing with your paw at the pair. “You have myself to thank for that, and in the case you don’t remember my introduction before you fainted, you can refer to me as Do-Gi, since my real name is impossible for you to actually say.” You moved closer to the two who stayed frozen in place.

“W-what do you want?” The man asked, tracking you with his eyes while sweating.

“My word, would you two calm down? I didn’t save your lives just to do something horrible to you.” You said and the pair blink and seemed to just realize that yes, you had really brought them back from the dead. “To get right to the case, I’ll offer such gifts in the future along with regular healing for more survivable issues when you need it. In return, you allow me to stay here for the foreseeable future until such time that I no longer require your services. I don’t require food or water, so you needn’t worry about providing such for me. Ah, and I hope you don’t mind, but should Kuuhaku still be interested in the offer I made to her, she may need some help in forming an alibi when needed, and she might be out later than normal.”

“Kuuhaku? The Chinmoku girl?” The woman asked, looking at you with a new glint in her eye that you decided you rather didn’t like. The man had the same look in his eye when they both shared a glance that seemed to be its own conversation of unspoken words. You were about to speak when the woman interrupted you. “If you’re interested, maybe you would like to take her with you once you find your own place? I’m certain that something could be arranged and we would certainly be willing to assist you in whatever you need during your stay.”

“Of course, we can also help persuade her to accept your offer if she was having any second thoughts, completely unreasonable ones I’m sure. No need for any details either, you certainly must be a good samaritan if you would go so far for people you have never met before.” The man said, going along with his partner. “I’m certain your offer isn’t anything objectionable, so no need to explain.”

You searched their expressions for any sign of deception, but found none. They were really completely okay with just… handing Kuuhaku over to you. They didn’t even want to know what the actual offer was! And you had a feeling they wouldn’t care, even if you had some sort of darker motive. You blinked as one of Kuuhaku’s earlier statements ran through your mind. They really were bad at this whole parenting thing!

“I… see.” You said slowly, before your ears perked as you heard a door open. Turning your attention, you saw Kuuhaku walking up from the hallway. “Ah, Kuuhaku. I was going to talk to you regarding my offer-“

“I accept.” She said, her grey eyes giving the barest and quickest glance over to her… you really felt hesitant to call them ‘guardians’ at the moment. “I already agreed before, my answer hasn’t changed.”

“Ah, good girl! I’m sure mister… Do-Gi greatly appreciates your willingness.” The man said, and you realized something.

“What are your names?” You asked and the two people froze up as they came to the same realization as you.

“Ah, I am Kinu Yuki, and this is my fiancé, Yama Tetsu.” The newly identified Kinu said, giving you a nervous smile trying to be a polite one. The man, Yama, nodded with the same smile.

“… Right, why don’t you two get started on breakfast while I discuss things with Kuuhaku.” You said and the two engaged adults left for the kitchen. You looked back at Kuuhaku, who had closed the distance between you two. “Well, if you really are sure, I recommend sitting down for this.” Kuuhaku nodded at your words and sat down on the floor in a way that you think looks uncomfortable. The one where a person kind of sits on their knees. “Okay then, if you're comfortable…” You walked over to Kuuhaku and placed your paw on her core and drew out her monochrome Ember. “This might feel a bit tingling… or like you're being immolated.”

“Wait, what-?”

You began the kindling process, and time stopped. You stared into the monochrome and ‘silent’ Ember. You drew out the initial potential for Kuuhaku’s Ember in the form of Sparks of starlight. This is what you used to kindle and Ember of Magic into a proper and healthy flame. You counted the Sparks, and found that Kuuhaku had a fairly large amount, around 60 Sparks in total. You checked what form her Core Magic would take. It seemed to take the form of creating a black goop-like substance of some kind of ‘not-matter’ and shaping it into simple tools, weapons, and structures. Things like walls, screwdrivers, hammers, swords, shields, and stuff like that. You could invest these Sparks into enhancing her Magic down certain paths, upgrades. You could also use these Sparks to improve her Champion Form, or even her ‘Civilian’ form. It was a lot of responsibility.

Right, time to get down to business…

This is where I really put my foot down on the whole Plan format thing. This is a BIG one.

As a reminder, you have 60 Sparks to spend however you like. You get basically one shot at this, as you won’t get this many Sparks again in the future, at least for Kuuhaku. You can get more Sparks to buy upgrades later after Kuuhaku gets some kills under her belt, but the First Kindling is where you will get the most Sparks for your Champions.

[ ] Void Vault: Can open portals to void space where items can be placed for safekeeping and drawn out later. Time doesn’t pass within the pocket space, so items do not age or decay. Can store Void Matter constructs indefinitely within the void space. (5 Sparks)

[ ] Void Door: Allows for use of the void space as a means of transport between locations by creating portals that link the locations together. Limited to one pair of portals at a time. Requires Void Vault (10 Sparks)

[ ] Void Recall: Kuuhaku can mark a location as a Recall Point. If in danger, Kuuhaku can attempt to transport herself and her allies back to the marked location. The worse the situation, the greater the chance for success. Requires Void Door (15 Sparks.)

[ ] Infinity Nexus: Kuuhaku can now directly enter the void dimension, and can open as many portals to as many as she desires, so long as she knows the location. She may give multiple portals the same exit point, allowing for people from multiple places to arrive at the same destination. Acts as a Recall Point without needing to mark a location. Requires Void Recall. (20 Sparks)

[ ] Void Conversion: Kuuhaku can temporarily convert Void Matter into non-living Real Matter, allowing them to last longer. After a day, the construct will convert back into Void Matter and dissolve. (10 Sparks)

[ ] Void Realization: Kuuhaku can now permanently convert Void Matter into non-living Real Matter, allowing for items she creates to exist permanently. However, she cannot repair damaged Realized constructs with Void Matter. Requires Void Conversion. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Void Repair: Kuuhaku can now repair non-living Real Matter using Void Matter, the worse the damage the more Void Matter and time it takes. Requires Void Realization. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Ex Nihilo: Kuuhaku can now skip converting Void Matter and create non-living Real Matter items. Very exhausting to use, can only be done 3 times per Day. Requires Void Repair. (25 Sparks.)

[ ] Void Born: Kuuhaku can summon forth small creatures made of Void Matter called Voidlings. Kuuhaku can summon up to 4 Voidlings at a time. Voidlings will dissolve unless given a daily infusion of Void Matter. Individually weak and fragile, but can work as a group. (10 Sparks)

[ ] Void Knight: Kuuhaku can summon a stronger version of Voidling that can fight and withstand multiple blows with its shield and sword arms. Only 2 Voidling Knights can be summoned at a time. Must be fed daily infusion of Void Matter. Requires Void Born. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Void Mystic: Kuuhaku can summon a floating Voidling that can fire bolts of energized void matter and ‘blink’ short distances. Only 2 Void Mystics can be summoned at once. Must be fed daily infusion of Void Matter. Requires Void Born. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Void Juggernaut: Kuuhaku can summon a single powerful Voidling with hammer-like fists that can smash through armor. Only 1 Voidling Juggernaut can be summoned at a time. A Voidling Juggernaut cannot be maintained outside of battle. Requires Void Knight & Void Mystic (20 Sparks)

[ ] Hollow Genesis: Voidlings no longer require infusions of Void Matter. Kuuhaku can summon a full complement of Voidlings in battle. Requires Void Juggernaut. (25 Sparks)

[ ] Void Corrosion: Kuuhaku’s Void Matter can now corrode regular matter, removing physical armor and defenses. Kuuhaku is immune and can make her allies immune. (10 Sparks)

[ ] Void Siphon: Kuuhaku’s Void Matter can now drain energy, both mundane and magical. Magical or Energy based protection is slowly stripped away until fully removed. Requires Void Corrosion. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Void Reduction: Kuuhaku can use her Void Matter constructs to ‘remove’ space between her and a target, bringing them closer. Requires Void Corrosion. (10 Sparks.)

[ ] Maw of Oblivion: Kuuhaku creates a large sphere of Void Matter in the air that acts as a pseudo-black hole, drawing in enemies, ambient energy, and loose objects into the sphere. Requires Void Siphon and Void Reduction. (20 Sparks)

[ ] Advanced Constructs: Kuuhaku’s constructs can now be more technically advanced, allowing for things like drills, chainsaws, pile bunkers, and jackhammers. (10 Sparks)

[ ] Construct Control: Kuuhaku can now remotely control her constructs with limited telekinesis. She can only control two constructs like this. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Construct Mastery: Kuuhaku can now make constructs of vehicles and advanced weapons such as mini-guns and rocket launchers. She can also remotely control up to 4 constructs. Requires Advanced Constructs and Construct Control. (25 Sparks.)

[ ] Void Body: Kuuhaku gains immunity to disease and poison. She can also use Void Matter to heal herself. (10 Sparks)

[ ] Void Mind: Kuuhaku gains immunity to charm and fear. Kuuhaku is also immune to mind reading. Requires Void Body. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Void Heart: Kuuhaku can transform into a being composed of pure Void Matter, gaining enhanced physical abilities and limited shapeshifting. Immunity to Possession and Resistance to Spiritual Attacks. Requires Void Mind. (20 Sparks)

[ ] Additional Armaments: Most Champions only have one weapon, but by investing some Sparks, additional weapons can be given. Can be picked up to two times. (5 Sparks).
    -[] Melee: A weapon like a sword, a hammer, a spear, or an axe as examples.
    -[] Ranged: A weapon that can fire projectiles at targets from a distance. Weapons such as bows, crossbows, and guns fall under this category.
    -[] Mystic: A weapon meant for channeling the user’s Magic. Staffs, Wands, Talismans, and Emblems all fall under this category.
    -[] FIST!: Not technically a weapon, this rather gifts gauntlets or brass knuckles like items that can enhance the unarmed physical blows of the Champion.

[ ] Reinforced Outfit: While certain outfits have armor on them, not all of them tend to be. So, you can invest some Sparks into boosting the defensive abilities of the Champion’s outfit. Can be taken up to three times. (5 Sparks.)

[ ] Enhanced Masquerade: While Champions possess a minor form of perception filter that protects their identities, but by spending some Sparks, you can make it so that even if they saw the Champion transform in front of them, they wouldn’t be able to form a connection unless outright told by the Champion. (10 Sparks.)

[ ] Environmental Protection: You know what would be nice? If you Champion didn’t have to worry about things like radiation, poison gas, or a literal vacuum. With this, those are worries of the past. (10 Sparks.)

[ ] Impact Change!: Sometimes, you need the bad guys to back off while transforming. With an investment of Sparks, you can make so that any Dregs close to the Champions are blasted away when they transform. The Champion will also find their first attack after transformation will be much stronger. (15 Sparks.)

[ ] Emergency Reserve: With some investment, you can make sure that the Champion will have a backup supply of magical energy to call upon once their main source dries up. (15 Sparks)

[ ] Encore Mode: Sometimes, the first showing isn’t enough. Sometimes, you’re spent and the enemy just won’t go down. Sometimes, you need to go beyond your limits. Encore Mode is what most would call a Super Form. For 4 Turns, the Champion can access Encore Mode, boosting their Magic and physical abilities. Once those 4 Turns are up however, the curtain falls and the Champion reverts to Civilian form and can’t transform again for the rest of that Day. (20 Sparks.)

[ ] Favor of Chance: Games of chance, the roll of a dice, the luck of finding some cash on the sidewalk, or meeting someone who could be important in the future. By investing some Sparks, the Champion is blessed with an odd sort of good luck. (5 Sparks.)

[ ] Favor of Fate: Destiny seems to have taken a liking to the Champion, or maybe it’s the Sparks you’ve used to bribe the cosmos. Either way, you never have to worry about accidents or bad luck inconveniencing your Champion while they work with you. (10 Sparks.)

[ ] Ignition of Friendship: A bit of an odd one, the Champion seems to attract those who could become genuine good friends with them. They’ll come to them instead of just leaving them alone, in the vein of an extrovert basically adopting an introvert if the Champion isn’t the most social person. The Champion still needs to work to maintain those friendships, but it does handle the initial meeting. (15 Sparks.)

[ ] Blessing of Wealth: Well, you were sure that this might be technically illegal, but hey it’s all for the sake of saving the world. The Champion will wake up each day with the equivalent of $100 USD in the local currency, stored in a convenient pocket space. (15 Sparks.)

[ ] Blessing of Sorcery: Normally, a Champion can only access their Magic when transformed, but this will let them use their Core Magic while in Civilian form. (20 Sparks.)

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022