• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

One Rabid Fox changes the Succession Wars [A Battletech Isekai]

Huh I forgot to make a MML sphinx didn't I?

I suppose that the whole it's a tank they get less priority and often get less techs and the like to maintain them would work as a in universe explanation. Out of universe not so much. Something to do tommorow.

As for no wanting to restart highlander production that's a star corps question. Mostly probably comes down to lost infrastructure and lost tech required for a highlander that isn't the engine.

The emperor honestly is a bigger question for me since it had a widely produced introtech variant which unlike the highlander isn't nearly as full of complex tech that's not directly in the tabletop stats

Looking at the EMP-5A I think it looks a bit like a rifleman.2 AC 5s. 2 Large Lasers. not enough heatsinks... It did however up he armor to a respectable degree. the Jump jets though... I'd probably swap them out for heat sinks. I get the fun factor of a jumping assault but as is the heat curve kills the damage of this mech's sustained fire.

Looking at the EMP-5A I think it looks a bit like a rifleman.2 AC 5s. 2 Large Lasers. not enough heatsinks... It did however up he armor to a respectable degree. the Jump jets though... I'd probably swap them out for heat sinks. I get the fun factor of a jumping assault but as is the heat curve kills the damage of this mech's sustained fire.
Witih the quirks factored in ìt has enough heatsinks for its long range weapons assuming a large laser is cycled out every few turns when moving around

A MML Sphinx. Strangely has BV go down by 20 compared to the introtech variant despite more armor. Costs increases are very minor only twenty eight thousand give or take a few hundred C-bills.
Half tempted to make a MML-3 variant to see what that gives in terms of BV. Maybe at a later time.
MML Sphinx Tank
Base Tech Level: Standard (IS)

Level

Era

Experimental

-

Advanced

-

Standard

3145+
Tech Rating: E/X-X-X-D

Weight: 40 tons
BV: 760
Cost: 1,268,633 C-bills

Movement: 4/6 (Tracked)
Engine: 160 Fusion

Internal: 20
Armor: 168

Internal

Armor

Front

Right

Left

Rear

Turret

Weapons

Loc

Heat

Large Laser

TU

MML 5

TU

MML 5

TU

Ammo

Loc

Shots

MML 5 LRM Ammo

BD

MML 5 SRM Ammo

BD

New Avalon 3.4
New Avalon 3.4
The tournament would be round robin, eight schools, two competitors each, giving all participants the chance to show their talents and thus avoiding eliminating a promising pilot by mere bad luck. "One for Sakhara," Hanse remarked as the displays changed. The match had been over more quickly than he had expected, but that was possible with just two mechs on a field, "They have an Orion competing as well."

The Royal Booth wasn't crowded though the presence of security was impossible to miss. The DMI had a significant presence today, some of which Ian suspected was the almost visceral instinctual distrust his aunt had for the Duke of New Syrtis, "It was a great daring do," He remarked politely, reframing from rubbing Michael's face in the matter too much. "The standard production mounts a lighter gun?"

"It shares cross platform with the Rifleman," Yvonne remarked having dropped the honorifics for the confines of the box, "a pair of Imperator-A series medium auto cannons. Mister Allard had them and the missile pod stripped out to make room for it."

"That seems to have worked well for him." Ian remarked, angling rather obvious, and hinting about the matter in a way that couldn't be missed.

Yvonne made a reluctant show of the matter of shuffling papers, mostly theater, "My understanding is a standard model cataphract has been brought up for both New Valencia based Blackwell, in addition to the Shogun for the Dragoon talks, and also for rather obviously licensure to Kallon."

"Good, we need to expand production." Ian replied, "I'll make time in my schedule to see all of them regarding the machine." It wasn't a suggestion.

Yvonne didn't protest so much as gently point out, "There is the matter of General Kerston, and his audience with your highness." She remarked

Ian felt his lip twitch, and nodded.

For a moment Yvonne was almost worried that Ian would impetuously decide to just invite the soon to be Duke of Bristol and his friends along to that, but Ian Davion, Duke of New Avalon, and reigning First Prince conceded that yes that was business that needed to be seen too. It just meant she needed to have a conversation regarding proof... and hoping that rumors regarding the dragoons within the AFFS's high command from discussions within the DMI and the Staff hadn't reached or been taken too seriously by the Brevet General of the Eridani Light Horse... but that was the problem with this part of the year, with the season's cheer... loose lips and all.
--
After about an hour of meandering they retired to the private viewing box with their refreshments with still enough time to enjoy them, and to make small talk... well not so small talk given the meat and potatoes the conversation turned into.

The commitment in funding, and the exchange of engineers had already occurred, made possible by the now permanent command circuits that existed from Robinson to New Avalon... and of course those weekly traverses would also insure that they could expand the trade between the capital of the March, and the Capital of the Federated Suns as well as as a b y product between the marches; draconis and crucis from those hubs.

Admittedly while Henry expected those factors, they probably weren't so clear to anyone else, because again for most people the command circuits were such a new feature, and also most people likewise assumed that scarcity of Star Lord JumpShips would continue to be an issue of cargo capacity of internal trade.

To that end he still had made sure the booth was swept and secured against electronic eavesdropping by his householder retainers as a precaution, "I only expect to construct one Star Lord this year, and once that ship launches the next step will be operating at a standard production rate."

"Two to three ships a year,"

"Most likely two ships a year," He reiterated, "Some years Sakhara will probably be able to produce three but that will depend on factors of supply, and also on an experienced work force." They had had this conversation before, but last time, the shipyard hadn't been complete... and the prospect had seemed imminently more theoretical just a month or so ago. Now though, well now was different the ball was rolling on plenty of other industrial projects as well. Such information was limited, and had been limited to a very small circle of participants.

Aaron Sandoval as Duke of Robinson was a direct industrial partner since Robinson was the sight of one of those BattleMech lines, since larger model fusion engines were being exported to Robinson from Sakhara. Yvonne Davion, who wasn't present, was also aware and of course now Hanse Davion knew in addition to his older brother the reigning first prince, but for the moment there was no, or at least limited with the Pratt & Whitney acquisition, movement on the industrial front here on New Avalon even if the first deliveries of mechs for evaluation had coincided with their last visit to the capital. "And you'll do the same at Bristol?" The wheel chair bound duke asked, as if the planet was already Henry's, which was a tell of conversations at higher authorities within the Federated Suns.

"Eventually yes, but my understanding is Yvonne had convinced Ian that its strategically imperative to expand what the Federated Suns already have." He shrugged, "So I'll be posting to Kathil, that'll probably be late next year," Probably after the first Star Lord was launched, "And of course that will probably take time, and even if I left for Bristol tomorrow any shipyard construction there," Since he certainly wasn't going to overtly demonstrate with no doubt a far larger audience watching what he was doing, "will take on estimate until FY," Fiscal Year, "3018 to be complete, and thats off of the assumption the parts we have already are used... and those parts will probably be used on repairing the James McKenna yards... so really I would expect... some time next decade, 3021 ish before all the parts are back in inventory since the McKenna yards will probably take a lot of overhaul."

What of course that actually meant was the essence would be producing parts on Sakhara to in part publicly ship to Bristol. Justin ignorant of that, moved on to the typical succession wars question, "What will that meant for manufacturing battlemechs?"

"Not much, even the fusion drives are completely different production sites," It was true of course that the very basic electronics and just most basic construction components had some overlap, "But with BattleMechs and ASF and tank production all of that will be ground side," Until they managed to begin industrial production of endo-steel, but that was LosTech, "Construction of that on Bristol will be completely divorced from the Shipyard construction."

There was a pause in the end of the statement as he mulled that Alexandria exploited, "Will there be ASF production on Bristol?"

"Originally the plan was for there to be given the Shipyard," He replied, "Given the pressure for heavier mech production, most of 240 engine production on Bristol will probably go to BattleMechs for the Crucis March..." he paused, "We will produce slantbacks, but probably not as significantly as the original industrial plan called for." There were other ASF but the truth was tank designs from Jolassa's subterranean spaces would be 320 powered Gauss Rifle Fury tanks... and of course later eighty ton assault mechs to run off of those engines. That would be be in the future after they were established and in control of the planet, "I don't know whether I'll have the personnel if I have to see about Kathil to do anything about DropShip production I will probably have to speak with Federated Boeing about cargo dropship construction just to move tens of thousands of tons of industrial tooling, and spare parts next year," Which all sounded perfectly reasonable except that it was all a smoke screen, but Henry did plan to approach the federated Boeing people about such construction it just wasn't as important as he made it sound just now.

... that didn't make it not important, but it was preparing the industrial ground work for Federated Boeing to expand production... they needed more cargo ships if more carrying capacity, JumpShips, increased... because that was what would secure the Federated Suns victory against the combine. The logistics to support an expeditionary war. Achernar, Corean, Kallon and never mind manufacture of less flashy weapons and equipment of war would all be approached about that sort of thing, about expanding production if they hadn't already.

For now though, the conversation naturally died off as the crowds settled back into their seat as New Avalon Military Academy the less prestigious of the two big schools of the capital, relative to Albion prepared to face the first of the two pilots from Northwind academy in the second match of the day.

--

soon....kathil and the mothballed nightstar plant will be mentioned. evil laughter.

also 80 ton mechs from bristol. are those 3/5 mechs using 240s or 4/6 using 320s? Might be a failure of reading comprehension on my part but not sure which you meant.

Last edited:
I'm suprised the Davions don't simply ask him to 'smile and take their money'.

"Eventually yes, but my understanding is Yvonne had convinced Ian that its strategically imperative to expand what the Federated Suns already have." He shrugged, "So I'll be posting to Kathil, that'll probably be late next year," Probably after the first Star Lord was launched,
He's very understanding here. No one would blame him if he prioritize Bristol first, unless he got 10-20% of Kathil.

Jumpship yards will have a multiplicative impact on their entire GDP and political arena. Whomever controls one, controls Fedsun's shipping.

For all that some of seems to be crawling along we are seeing the plot points tick by. It's also putting into perspective how things are changing in the background.
Yeah... I freely admit that Rabid Fox has a pacing issue where the time flow is to me at times a slog.

soon....kathil and the mothballed nightstar plant will be mentioned. evil laughter.

also 80 ton mechs from bristol. are those 3/5 mechs using 240s or 4/6 using 320s? Might be a failure of reading comprehension on my part but not sure which you meant.
Its technically supposed to be both since 240s go into Awesomes, and 320s go into its totally not a Thug, We Swear.

I'm suprised the Davions don't simply ask him to 'smile and take their money'.

He's very understanding here. No one would blame him if he prioritize Bristol first, unless he got 10-20% of Kathil.

Jumpship yards will have a multiplicative impact on their entire GDP and political arena. Whomever controls one, controls Fedsun's shipping.
Part of the issue is that Henry is younger than Justin is, Yvonne is older by far, and Henry is friends with Ian, but still there is that age gap. If Henry were Arascid's age (the protagonist of Aurigan Renaissance) or even if in demeanor he was more like Odin (EWSG) Yvonne would probably be less inclined to try and directly to push him towards this, but this is largely that Yvonne believes she is doing the right thing and Henry hasn't just come out and told her no I m working on my project...

... and yeah when we get to Kathil there is the Nightstar project to come onboard in addition that we haven't actually haven't touched on Ian officially asking Henry to fix the James McKenna yards which will entail federal recognition.

Totally not a thug....well I mean you could pull four of the DHS from the design for 4 medium lasers and still have a darn good heat balance and a lot more nasty up close punch that has a lot of the firepower not being ammo dependent.

Well that and getting a license for the Thug and probably the Wyvern as well from Maltex at this point probably shouldn't be that hard given the company is probably pretty darn poor what with no operational factories and a pittance of licensing fees.

Also probably applies to Stromvanger and at least of their designs including the suns favorite for some weird reason in stock form Javelin plus the striker, Falcon, and Cyclops

Thug THG-11D
Base Tech Level: Standard (IS)
--------------------------------------------------------
Level Era
Experimental -
Advanced 3040-3044
Standard 3045+
Tech Rating: E/X-F-E-D

Weight: 80 tons
BV: 1,795
Cost: 8,658,840 C-bills
Source: TRO 3050 - Star League

Movement: 4/6
Engine: 320 Fusion
Double Heat Sinks: 14 [28]
Gyro: Standard Gyro

Internal: 122 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 247/247
-----------------------------------------------------
Internal Armor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 25 35
Center Torso (rear) 15
Right Torso 17 25
Right Torso (rear) 9
Left Torso 17 25
Left Torso (rear) 9
Right Arm 13 26
Left Arm 13 26
Right Leg 17 34
Left Leg 17 34
---------------------------------------------------
Weapons Loc Heat
PPC RA 10
PPC LA 10
SRM 6 RT 4
SRM 6 LT 4
Medium Laser RT 3
Medium Laser RT 3
Medium Laser LT 3
Medium Laser LT 3
------------------------------------------------
Ammo Loc Shots
SRM 6 Ammo RT 15
SRM 6 Ammo LT 15
-------------------------------------------------
Equipment Loc
CASE RT
CASE LT
What I had readily on hand for that Thug design concept. Put 1 of each of the 2 DHS that don't fit into the engine into a side torso and probably replace the old thug PPCs with Donal models and use the classic martel or chiscomp medium laser models for the 4 medium lasers.

Last edited:
New Avalon 3.4
New Avalon 3.4
The fight was the opposite of how Justin's had turned out... to the point that Henry wouldn't have been surprised if some instructor from one or both institutions hadn't run down to the stables and jumped down their pilot's throats to head any of that off at the pass. Instead both battlemechs cautiously circled and stayed at range where possible.

Henry doubted anyone had expected that to unfold after the first match, but this was probably closer to what had originally been expected, and was less reckless than how the first had played out. The result was a fight that lead to more side conversations, and no doubt from the crowds below a criticism for a lack of aggression.

"You're going to have to go up against both of them." Henry remarked after a moment as the mechs circled around and past one fake building and then darted to the cover of another ply wood Potemkin building.

The round robin factor added another layer to this, "Which means they'll both be aiming for you," Alexandria remarked to her cousin.

"Me?" Justin questioned then shook his head, "Well fine, I'm okay with that." Justin had won his first match, won the first match of the rounds, but he'd also done it in the most direct and flashy way possible and so for the moment he was the guy to beat in this game. A challenge, that as he had just voiced, Justin Allard was all too willing to confront head on. That he was the guy to beat in a 'mech that no one had ever seen before was just well fuel on the competitive fire.

Still Henry bit his tongue. There was nothing lostech about the Cataphract... there were going to be future models where that was true, but the Cataphract was a machine built off of readily available components, and weapons. Justin's refit didn't change that, and it certainly wouldn't do for someone to try and write off Justin's success as the mech being something other than what it was.

--

Hanse watched the machines in the arena circle one another, and listened to the comment, that the admonition to be cautious from their instructors had probably over done it. His older brother, the First Prince, well wasn't quite bored , but the match wasn't holding his attention as the previous. If the duke of New Syrtis hadn't made such an ass of himself the last few months it might not have mattered but the Sakkara cadet had battered the cadet from the Capellan March into submission, which had caused some gnashing of teeth.

That it wasn't fair. It wasn't the first time Michael had complained, he certainly hadn't been happy about the endowment of mechs to Albion. A company worth of heavy battlemechs was a substantial endowment to make to an institution.

Yorinaga Kurita had piloted a Warhammer after all, and the Longsword was in many respects a related design, but one better suited to the succession wars and long campaigns.... given its lack of missiles and other ammunition requirements. That was important, the comparison was important because though they were both seventy tons Henry Clay's Rabid Fox was a sustained campaign fighting mech.

Nonsense spluttering nonsense of the Combine aside, they were both seventy ton mechs. It had not been an exchange where Clay had brought a Star League era Night Star and won that way. At 70 tons the Longsword carried a simplified armament, and suggested consideration that frankly didn't fit Clay's age.. but duty often required more of one than age itself allowed.

It was easy to forget that Clay had been barely a teenager when he'd killed Yorinaga Kurita, and then contributed to the mauling of the man's battalion. Yorinaga who had all but made a fool of his brother on the field despite Ian's atlas having 30 tons on a warhammer. The truth was sending Clay to Sakkara was as much for his own protection as anything else, if he had stayed on New Avalon, or if he had been enrolled in Albion he would have been at the very heart of the Federated Sun's court... whatever distractions that Sakkara's part time instructing took away from the cadet experience it would have been nothing compared to life on the capital... and Albion would have almost made similar demands as Sakkara for the expertise that had felled a Sword of Light.

The privy council now that it was confirmed that the shipyard was operational... was at a loss on what to do. Some of them were already recriminating going back on the decision to push Clay to Sakkara but Hanse still felt that had been the correct decision. If Clay, and for that matter his engineers, had been on New Avalon it would have encouraged the Hawks on the general staff to propose moves that the Federated Suns weren't prepared for.

Clay's return to New Avalon from Sakkara earlier in the year had just stirred things, up but not nearly to the announcement that the Federated Suns now had a new Shipyard. No one had expected that development and thus Ian had vastly more room to maneuver than before it was one thing to ennoble a teenager for battlefield daring... and then of course there was Auntie's report on the aircraft production... which probably hadn't circulated yet, but it meant Sakkara could defend itself. Ian wasn't likely to face too many objections over bequeathing the vacant duchy of Bristol to Clay.. but Yvonne might if Clay were posted somewhere other than the Crucis March... such as this talk about Kathil that she seemed set on.

It would inevitably step on Michael's toes, but the truth was whether or not the duke of New Syrtis wanted to hear it or not the Cappellan March had failed to adequately protect the shipyards against raids by House Liao... but they hadn't sprung that on Michael yet. It was likely unavoidable given that Ian had invited General Motors, and Federated Boeing into talks.

"Mm they're finishing up," Ian remarked. The Northwind pilot had finally managed to bring his former SLDF mech into close range, and it was in that distance he was now racking up the points that looked to be enough to give him the win. "Yes, there it is." The Atlas pilot remarked as his presiding Marshalls' called the match against New Avalon's pilot... still it had been close, far closer than the previous match, "Good," Ian made a point of standing up and clapping until everything was over, and then turned around to face them, "I would say today has been a fine opening to the festivities but there are matters of state to handle," ... that was to say the audience with General Kerston... which of course Michael wouldn't be privy to, but at least was aware was on the schedule.

The talks with Federated Boeing, and GM ... since he was no longer the federal trade minister ... was not something that they had told Michael... and one where he no longer had an official post in the federal government to involve himself with. House Vanlees as the ducal house of the planet might be invited once things solidified but that would only happen after, Hanse was sure, Ian elevated Clay to Duke of Bristol. That would be important.

--
Notes: This is short, and more of Hanse's perspective than originally planned but next time we will pick up with Ian and General Kerston and of course Yvonne handing over the information at the Combine's expense, before we continue further into the Bristol matter.

Hanse watched the machines in the arena circle one another, and listened to the comment, that the admonition to be cautious from their instructors had probably over done it. His older brother, the First Prince, well wasn't quite bored , but the match wasn't holding his attention as the previous. If the duke of New Syrtis hadn't made such an ass of himself the last few months it might not have mattered but the Sakkara cadet had battered the cadet from the Capellan March into submission, which had caused some gnashing of teeth.

That it wasn't fair. It wasn't the first time Michael had complained, he certainly hadn't been happy about the endowment of mechs to Albion. A company worth of heavy battlemechs was a substantial endowment to make to an institution.
I don't think anyone from the Capellan March can complain about Justin's match. Any advantage in tech Justin might have in his mech (which probably just boils down to being a new, unfamiliar design) wasn't as significant in that match as, say, his opponent making the bone-headed decision of playing chicken with a heavier mech toting around an AC-20, and Justin being able to get up faster to re-enact a Rabid Fox mauling.

Honestly a good way to shut up Michael would be to send mixed company or 2 of fusilers and sentries to all non Albion Academies once they start rolling off the lines. Also maybe some to the training battalions as well.
If nothing else given the sentries quirks it's a ideal training mech and the fusiler is designed to work with it from both a tactical and operational/logistics level since they share so many parts.
I'd say send some centurions as well but it's likely they and for sure the longswords, cataphracts and most of the mech design lineup have probably been called dibs on by Frontline units for at least the first few production runs.

Maybe could send some sphinxes for the tankers to train with though.

Last edited:
Huh, I hadn't even considered that the sent Clay to Sakhara half to get him away from the politics on New Avalon, half to 'let him cook' on the engineering projects he brought up.

I will be fair to the capellan March unlike Hansea and thus nore that and defending kathil and its yards from capellans raid is really hard without a lot of aerospace forces there full time given its location near the border. And that New Sytris's yards rarely get hit in the modern era if at all.
Well that and most of the damage done to the yards was during the 1st and 2nd Succession Wars where we also had El Dorado outright lose its massive jumpship yards and places like panpour, galax, layover and Delevan where being hit extensively and in the case of the later 2 occupied by the dracs albeit briefly for delevan but over a decade for layover. Also probably had firgrove and williowick being attacked as well in that time period along with God knows how many unnamed yards in suns space that bit the dust or got battered to the point they where salvaged to repair fixable ones.

Last edited:
New Avalon 3.5
New Avalon 3.5
They had been waiting for some of the day visitors to clear out, there were just too many people for the first rounds of the tournament to make it easy to get around the campus so they had chosen to stay put rather than moving to the apartments set aside for them. It presumably had made it easy for the Duchess of Victoria to find them. He'd given Yvonne the data she had asked for, been asking for when she'd made her appearance at the booth as they had waited for an opportunity to leave once the crowds were more manageable.

"What was that about?"

"History," He replied to Justin's question with a shrug, "I get the feeling she has someone she wants to show it to, but I don't personally think it changes things..." Not on an operational level anyway, "on the other hand as has been pointed out to me the combine really doesn't seem to understand that they're the bad guys... and Takashi the current coordinator is what passes for a moderate over there... and that's horrifying. To me at least." He muttered the last more to himself.

"Oh?" Lord Aaron had perked up, "Does this have something to do with the Dragoons?"

"Yeah, and on that front I admit ... I don't expect them to react well to the news," He shrugged, "And I expect that if Jaime does sign on to an agreement for manufacturing some of his... quirkier designs I'm going to want help, more locations but maybe we can get them to come back to New Valencia and stay there." New Valencia was a jump from Blandisville and that was one jump to Robinson, and New Valencia of course held Blackwell industries.

"Interesting news," Lord Aaron remarked as they continued to move forward now that the throngs of people had thinned and they could move easier around Albion's palatial campus, "There was something else I had hoped to discuss, it was something I had begun to discuss with Northwind of late regarding conditions in the March and how we could expand educational opportunities."
--
An audience with the First Prince of the Federated Suns entailed a certain amount of pomp best demonstrated by the procession and the men outside of the chamber. Kerston was used to it by this point. The Eridani were one of the, if not the highest prestige non house units in the company of the Federated Suns... but today felt different. He had learned to trust his instincts there was something going on that he wasn't aware of.

Ian Davion sat down and then gestured for him to do the same, which he did. Upon which the monarch leaned back, made himself comfortable and steeped his fingers, before choosing to speak "Two years ago, I nearly died. Yorinaga Kurita had me quite dead to rights." He shrugged, "The realm would have been fine in my brother's hand, Hanse is up to the job... but I didn't die. A friend came to my rescue, and as much as it pained me to do so I had to have him shipped away from New Avalon to another post after. That friend of mine, his family aren't that unique many of my nobles, many of my closest confidants can trace their lines back to the Star League, and the SLDF. Henry Clay, the Count of Sakhara commands as part of his household guard the descendants of 19th​ Striker Regiment of the Star League Defense Force," The Prince held up his hand to staunch the outburst of questions that Kerston felt well up, "I've seen the proof ... you see I have seen the proof of House Kurita collaboration with Stefan Amaris... and I have it on supremely good authority that the 19th​ were ambushed because Kurita's ISF handed over their movements to the Rim World, where in they were ambushed and the unit destroyed."

The holographic images that took shape were ... in a sense made sense. In that the pieces fell into place with new context.

Kerston had seen them before, but he'd never had reason to question them. For two centuries there had been an empty chair to represent a lost regiment, and of course House Kurita had attempted to hold the dependents of the Eridani hostage during the early years of the succession wars.

"I assume there is something more than this?"

"Yes, there is. I am going to ask Henry that when his production allows it if that 19th​ can be reborn, recreated. I expect that should take some time, I am aware that he has a number of other things which need doing, and that I have a number of other matters I must ask him to see to... but also that I must make requests of you general. However that is not without reciprocity, I will be speaking with General Motors regarding what can be done to strengthen units of the old SLDF that are operating under AFFS directive... because I quite assure what we can now prove regarding House Kurita's collaboration with Amaris is nothing short of explosive." He paused, "There is one other thing... the Wolfs Dragoons are descendants of Kerensky Exodus, my understanding such that I'm told is that other descendants of that exodus came to join Clay because there is an Amaris pretender afoot and that he's enough of a threat that Clay has felt the need to take precautions." He allowed the comment to hang there... but the truth was Kerston didn't have a response to that.

He did understand ... to a degree... and as the pieces fit together perhaps not quite right the nightmare came together... and the words found him, spilling from his lips "Some fragment of the Amaris Empire escaped into the deep periphery then... and means to enter the inner sphere with force?"

Ian paused, "We don't think its quite that bad, we think they're more pirates, but well there was that unpleasantness with Black Jack McGirk on the Lyran side of things... and given the metal they had," Black Jack McGirk had been an emphasis pirate rampaging on the fringe of the Lyran and Draconis borders and by some reports had a nearly a regiment of heavy battlemechs... and he had just disappeared one day with his band to no real explanation, "We don't know for sure other than that there pockets of Rim World supporters, worlds that we've been made aware of, and I don't think Henry something like that if there wasn't some threat."
--
Night had fallen on New Avalon, bathing the city in the lights of winter decorations celebrating the hols and stretching far into the distance from the window. While he planned to build VLAR 300 engines, probably here on New Avalon using Pratt and Whitney tooling... Aaron Sandoval had brought up inadvertently a good point. The Dragon was so ubiquitous to the combine that there were a lot of them in Fed Sun ranks recovered from the battlefield.. and those could be worked from especially since the base model used an Imperator A auto cannon.

That would be largely a program of rearm and refit kits ... maybe something with the MML later was those increased in production, but fundamentally something he envisioned as a comparative line offering to the Shadow Hawk refit package that should start shipping in the new year.

What Lord Aaron had really wanted to talk about circled around how quickly they could potentially start fielding cadets in classes with machines that had the same mechs, and expanding armor schools. He wasn't talking about just for Sakkara but also RBA, and Northwind.

It was an idea, not even a serious proposal at this stage, but it did bring up a point. Northwind was on the other end of the line, within striking distance of the Combine border. Even though Cosara only did refit work now... it was there too... that was actually how they had ended upon the discussion of the 300 engines by accident. His plans hadn't changed on that regard, putting complex manufacturing on Northwind before he had Bristol in order was out of the question... but he could probably make up the difference to ship some testing and evaluation models to the highlanders.

That would of course have to wait until next year, after he had returned to Sakkara... but there were a lot of things he wanted to do... and there were a lot of Federated Suns industries that he wanted to to discuss with the prospect of licensing designs for wider scale production given the number of designs proliferating... and if they weren't going to cooperate then the next best option would be to snatch up firms with names but limited manufacturing capacity and sink money in them to bring lines back online. He didn't want to resort to that because it would take time and money away from expanding stellar capacity... which was the conversation he expected to have any day now with Ian about Bristol at least.

That was his priority.

The First Prince wasn't so much thinking about that so much as laying out a grand coalition, a gathering of regiments that traced to the SLDF and plans to rearm them as mechs became available for a grand campaign... and also to shore up his other weaker front... and to secure peace with the Lyrans. Ian's plans were to build off previous talks with the Archon and while he didn't expect an overnight transformation it would force the Combine ideally to divide their attention, and stymie any further issues on the Capellan front.

Last edited:
I just want him to get Bristol already so he can go ham. Everybody gets a Gauss.

anyways any design niches needing to filled Imperator Pax?

Also kicks self for not having any of my older designs actually being from the Bofors company. Since they could legit be around in BT

Last edited:
anyways any design niches needing to filled Imperator Pax?

Also kicks self for not having any of my older designs actually being from the Bofors company. Since they could legit be around in BT
There was something I meant to ask you for earlier today before I actually went to my battletech table top game but I have completely blanked on it

Next up on the slow mech design list a peer of my bastion and rampart designs but with a King Crab flair the terminator.
Terminator TRM-3E
Mass:
100 tons
Chassis: GM Terminator
Power Plant: General Motors 200
Cruising Speed: 21.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 32.4 kph
Armor: Valiant Lamellor
Armament:
2 Defiance Mech Hunter AC/20s
1 ExoStar LRM 15
1 Magna Hellstar PPC
2 Magna Mk II Medium Lasers
1 Zippo Flamer

Manufacturer: General Motors
Primary Factory: Talcott
Communication System: Dalban Micronics
Targeting & Tracking System: Dalban HiRez
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 8,282,667 C-bills

Type: Terminator
Role: Juggernaut
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 100
Battle Value: 1,737

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo
Location Critical Tonnage
Heat Sink LL 1 1
2 Medium Laser CT 2 2
3 Heat Sink RT 3 3
AC/20 Ammo (10) RT 2 2
AC/20 RT 10 14
PPC RT 3 7
3 Heat Sink LT 3 3
LRM 15 LT 3 7
AC/20 Ammo (10) LT 2 2
LRM 15 Ammo (16) LT 2 2
AC/20 LT 10 14
Heat Sink RL 1 1
Flamer HD 1 1
Quirks:
Protected Actuators
Fast to Reload
Easy to Maintain
Designers note the head flamer is able to be swapped out with a medium laser if wanted.
Also I need to post the rampart design once I get the fluff done.

Last edited:
Glad to find this story. A number of new data about Battletech I now know. Looking forward to more please.

Last edited:
As promised my rampart design. Very much meant to work with the bastion and terminator

Rampart RPT-2A
Mass:
100 tons
Chassis: Corean Model R11
Power Plant: Nisan 200 Fusion
Cruising Speed: 21.6 kph
Maximum Speed: 32.4 kph
Armor: Starshield
Armament:
2 Donal PPCs
2 Magna Mk III Large Lasers
7 Photech 806c Medium Lasers

Manufacturer: Corean Enterprises
Primary Factory: New Avalon
Communication System: Corean Transband-J9
Targeting & Tracking System: Corean B-Tech
Introduction Year: 3025
Tech Rating/Availability: D/X-E-D-D
Cost: 7,732,667 C-bills

Type: Rampart
Role: Juggernaut
Technology Base: Inner Sphere (Introductory)
Tonnage: 100
Battle Value: 1,847

Equipment

Mass

Internal Structure

Engine

200 Fusion

Walking MP:

Running MP:

Jumping MP:

Heat Sink:

Gyro:

Cockpit:

Armor Factor:

Internal
Structure

Armor
Value

Head

Center Torso

Center Torso (rear)

R/L Torso

R/L Torso (rear)

R/L Arm

R/L Leg

Right Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand
Left Arm Actuators: Shoulder, Upper, Lower, Hand

Weapons
and Ammo

Critical

Tonnage

2 Heat Sink

LL

2 Medium Laser

CT

8 Heat Sink

RT

Medium Laser

RT

Large Laser

RT

4 Heat Sink

LA

Medium Laser

LA

PPC

LA

8 Heat Sink

LT

Medium Laser

LT

Large Laser

LT

2 Heat Sink

RL

Medium Laser

HD

4 Heat Sink

RA

Medium Laser

RA

PPC

RA

Quirks:
Protected Actuators
Distracting

Had a thought for a easy to produce relatively speaking major force multiplier thats a canon design. The https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Savior. Arguably one of the bigger force multipliers along with better/more engineering vehicles and other support vehicles like MASH trucks and mobile HQs that are rare in their OG condition by this period in the inner Sphere and with at best much reduced production numbers. Albeit to be fair the Savior is a post clan invasion design but it's kin are basically extinct in the inner Sphere. Also helps that it uses a 240 fusion engine as well.

Last edited:
New Avalon 3.6
New Avalon 3.6
[Holding] Too many ducal titles tended to cause discomfort, or discontent for a variety of reasons... and of course with the limits of travel it was impractical and often neglectful for one to hold more than one or two even though some still did. Thereby it was necessary that even the titles had reverted to the crown of New Avalon, the First Prince needed to award them and the choices would have been cadet branches, existing nobles, or prominent members of the civil service... who were often from noble families or establish gentry.

Elevating Henry to Duke thereby allowed him to divest a title he'd been holding in reserve, and it insured the world would be under the tutelage of one of his most prominent supporters. If not Bristol and the interest in it it might have done to wait a few more years ... Ian still expected complaints of favoritism it went with the territory, no pun intended, but elevating Henry to a dukedom would have had obvious political utility.

Clay had broken a Sword of Light regiment after all and saved him from an ignominious death at Yorinaga's hand during the ambush and he could have pressed things to accept his decision to name the teenager a duke then and there... but he had held back. So what if Henry was still a teenager, he had had a little bit of seasoning at Sakkara and more than that had had time to build more than just a reputation as a warrior... they were not the Combine after all. Henry had expressed genuine concern for his working class, and the persons below him in the social hierarchy in a way that Ian considered the combine would have disdained ... certainly some of the nobility of the Federated Suns could have done with a bit more charity.

The more important factor was the Shipyard was complete, that settled it. Whoever would complain would complain but they would largely be isolated voices that Ian was sure he could manage. The aide beside him signaled even though Ian heard the bell ring. Ordinarily protocol was to wait a minute, but Ian was impatient and gestured to his younger brother for the case. Hanse was present, even though he didn't need to be.

Ian wasn't stupid as he had reminded himself, and Kerston at the same time he was all too aware of his own mortality. Hanse was his heir, was heir to House Davion, and to the Federated Suns as a whole, and the they both had an obligation to leave the realm better than just what they had inherited. "Send him in." He ordered. The guardsman at the door nodded perfunctorily and opened the door... it would be the second to last time anyone would refer to Henry Clay as the Count of Sakkara as a primary title in any event.

Henry looked surprisingly tired, but from what Ian had heard from Hanse that was because of ongoing negotiations with various established firms who didn't quite seem to realize exactly what the count was capable of when left to pursue his own interests. That had succeeded beyond the wildest expectations, he had expected BattleMechs, Tanks, fusion engines, not JumpShips.

... but the prospect of a Star Lord was what had been dangled in front of him. 660 meters, 274k tons displacement, six dropships carried. The Star Lord class was the preferred military carrier for military expeditions. Ian was already had already started putting finances in order to buy a Star Lord as soon as it was ready, but first and foremost, "I'd say you have been very busy but my aunt would chide that were a significant understatement," Ian remarked gesturing for the younger man to hurry up and sit down, they had a lot ot talk about... and regrettably not as much time as he would have liked, but he was First Prince and he had to do quite a lot.
--
Ian had told the Eridani about the ambush on Talitha, which was fine. He had basically accepted that he was gonna to have that conversation as it was... he hadn't per se expected Ian to want to announce that the 19th​ Striker Regiment would be restored.... the First Prince had come to that conclusion on his own and of his own volition without talking to anyone. It was one of the few details that didn't complicate anything.

... even though it did probably meant he was going to have a conversation with Kerston that now he wasn't on prepared ground for. He had kind of planned to blindside Kerston with facts and use it for leverage, but Ian had already disclosed that information. Ian also planned to partner with General Motors to integrate rebuilding the long serving former SLDF mercenary units in the Federated Suns for ... well reasons.

Henry flipped the copy of the small data chip in between his fingers like it was a challenge coin. It was a nervous tick. Ian had taken the data he had given Yvonne and planned to go a step further disclosing that Kurita had already betrayed the Star League before he had attempted to usurp the throne of the Star League... but that was still expected after a fact. He had figured it was coming, but he had been hoping for a bit more time.

The issue for Ian's plans wasn't so much House Marik's internal bloodletting it was that the the Dragoons had already signed up with the League. It seemed likely that they could just convince the Dragoons to swing around... and the Dragoons contract clause gave House Liao breathing room until they could be used, which meant that the FWL would use the dragoons against the Commonwealth... and that would complicate Ian's diplomatic maneuvering.

That probably had fed into going to GM to have them partner with the Eridani for providing the industrial might to rearm them. He understood that... and a part of him was glad that Ian was sending them to GM ... that Ian just hadn't told them hey I need the Eridani rearmed to stamp on the snakes but that was also because the DMM and some other units inside the Crucis March were already on that list.

"You look tired." Justin had left to visit his family while he'd been at the castle, "What's on that?"

"huh, oh," Henry nodded and pushed it into the player and the holographic display illuminated folding light into a recording centuries old. The fat man demanding that his counterpart provide him with the details he wanted was bald up top with handle bar mustache... but in terms of dressed looked really no more ridiculous than the Kuritan in his court finery. Minoru was already in his sixties at the time he had succeeded his centenarian father, and the coordinator conceded that he would provide information on the movements of the SLDF, and other information as requested. "The ISF would pass information to the Rim World for the remainder of the crisis, and like he said there he wouldn't allow the SLDF to base from the combine, which was what the Combine did," at least not willingly the Combine hadn't 'allowed it' but Kerensky had moved to take SLDF bases in the Combine when he had to, and the DCMS has largely put up only token resistance.

... probably because... because Minoru was conserving his forces to go to war once Amaris was beat and there was no sense wasting troops fighting Kerensky... after all Minoru had ordered the nuking of Helm in the Free World's League it wasn't like the man fought fair.

... Helm there was another thing to deal with. He threw up his hands, and ignored Justin's expression, and the lack of color, "So yeah there you go." He muttered but didn't get a response from the older cadet, "Justin it was two and a half centuries ago, I already told you the Combine has done enough in this lifetime to warrant punching them in the face, and then kicking them while they're down. This changes nothing." He growled, and he believed that... but the last part wasn't true, or at least it wouldn't be for the dragoons... it wasn't true for the clans...

... and beyond Justin's head, and even if it hadn't been beyond him the display was invisible to everyone but Henry was the display reminding him of what was on there.

Enemy [House Amaris].

It was funny because he wasn't sure exactly why that was an option and not House Kurita for all the pain in their ass he'd been these last two years... but then again he didn't according to his stats hadn't made an enemy of ComStar... yet.

Last edited:
You mean Hanse was Ian's not the other way round.

As for people being young and holding a noble title...as a side affect of the neo feudalism and a war ongoing that should be unfortunately not too uncommon
Right, and in the titular sense its more that Henry is the founder of the Ducal House. Its not so much his age, so much as he's the first to receive it, on the other hand as Ian monologues neo feudal future being what it is killing Yorinaga and the Sword of Light is the sort of thing tha would justify that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back