• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Created at
Index progress
Incomplete
Watchers
Recent readers

Just a place for my stray RWBY Plot bunnies and ideas to go.

- - -

"Pyrrha. We need to...
If Jaune Was Allowed to Notice Pyrrha's Issues

AndrewJTalon

Versed in the lewd.
Just a place for my stray RWBY Plot bunnies and ideas to go.

- - -

"Pyrrha. We need to talk."

It had come out of the blue. Jaune had looked uncharacteristically serious one afternoon after classes. He had taken her aside as they stood out of the way of the other students shuffling out of the classroom.

"We do?" Pyrrha asked quietly.

Jaune nodded.

"We do. Roof. Ten minutes."

It was so surprising, and for that reason it's why Pyrrha found herself on the roof where they trained. Jaune stood there, looking a bit awkward but very serious. He crossed his arms over his chest, looking very serious. Far from the usual goofball he presented himself.

She had to admit, it was very handsome on his usually goofy, handsome face.

"What is it, Jaune?" Pyrrha asked politely.

Jaune took a deep breath and hesitated… But he pushed through that to speak seriously.

"... For days now, you've been acting like you've got the fate of the world on your shoulders. Normally, I'd let it pass... But you're my friend, Pyrrha. My partner. I can tell it's bothering you."

He looked at her gently.

"So... Are you going to tell me what it is?"

Pyrrha, remembering Ozpin's words of secrecy, tried to deflect.

"It's... just the tournament and everything involved with it, there's a lot of expectations and-"

Jaune shook his head.

"Pyrrha. I know I can be dense... But I know when you're hurting from a deadly secret. I've carried one myself. We're partners. If you're compromised in some way, it might get both of us killed. So please... Tell me."

Pyrrha was still reluctant. Again, Ozpin's words to keep this secret flashed through her mind.

She was strong. She could handle this on her own.

That is why she was chosen, wasn't it?

"I... I can't really say it. Ozpin, everyone... it's something very sensitive..."

Jaune walked up, and rested his hands on her bare shoulders. He looked her right in the eyes, and she flushed at how close he was.

"Pyrrha. This isn't some copyright dispute with your cereal company. This is life or death."

Pyrrha breathed in deeply. Her feelings warred with her duty. Having Jaune this close made the decision much harder.

Yet… What should she choose in this situation?

The man who put this weight on her shoulders… Or the man offering to share it with her? Her partner?

Pyrrha very slowly nodded.

"... Okay... but I'm only telling this because... you have a right to know. You're my teammate, my partner."

She sat down on a crate they'd dragged up to the roof as a chair. Jaune sat down with her on a matching crate. He left one hand on her shoulder, and leaned forward.

"So?" Jaune prompted.

Pyrrha looked aside, awkwardly, before she slowly looked back at him.

"Professor Ozpin is trusting me with the powers of a woman named Amber. She's dying, and the person who put her in a bad way already has half her power. They're hoping that if they can give me what power she has left, I can get the rest of it back."

Jaune blinked.

"What kind of power?" Jaune asked.

Pyrrha shook her head.

"I don't know exactly, but they're incredible. Powerful enough to kill people over. To work with Roman Torchwick and the White Fang to get at."

Jaune's jaw dropped. His eyes looked back and forth, processing this. The keen mind that vanished behind his goofy antics was hard at work behind his eyes.

"It seems like... A lot of things are happening. All these Grim attacks. These powers... White Fang..."

He shook his head.

"I don't know what it all adds up to. But... You're involved in it now. And I want to help you, however I can."

He took her hand, and squeezed it tightly.

"So... How do you feel about all this? I mean... It's obviously a lot, I uh... What I mean is, how are you handling this?"

Pyrrha smiled softly. He could still be a goober, but his was so sincere.

"Honestly? I'm scared."

Jaune stared at her, and pulled her back into a hug.

"... I'd be scared too. Hell... I'd be crying. Like a baby."

"I feel like doing that sometimes," Pyrrha admitted softly. Jaune tightened his hug, and she breathed out a soft, happy sigh.

She would have killed to have him this close before! But now… It was cast in this melancholy shadow.

"So, uh… Have you been training your new powers?" Jaune asked.

Pyrrha shook her head.

"I haven't even gotten them yet."

Jaune blinked.

"... Did Ozpin tell you what they actually are? Or how to use them?"

"No, and... there's a huge risk in even transferring the powers."

Jaune's eyes narrowed.

"What kind of risk?"

"... That I might lose myself," Pyrrha admitted, with some difficulty, "That I might stop being Pyrrha. I-I might just… Become someone else."

Jaune stood up, furious. Pyrrha leaned back in shock as he got up and swore.

"What the fuck... What the hell is he playing at?!"

He stomped around angrily.

"Who does he think he is, some wizard in a children's book?! This is life or death and he's-What, playing fucking games?!"

Honestly, she'd never seen him so furious before... On her behalf! Her heart fluttered.

"J-Jaune..."

He turned back to her, and took her hand. She rose up back onto her feet as he held her palms between his. He was so… Empathic. It made her head feel light, how intense he was!

"Damnit... Pyrrha? Tomorrow we are going right to Ozpin, and we're getting some damn answers! Nora and Ren too! You shouldn't have to carry this burden all on your own, without knowing all the details! We're a team! And we support eachother!"

Pyrrha smiled warmly, fighting back some tears. She'd felt so alone, so worried, and yet… Her partner was there for her. Like he always had been.

"Thank you. Thank you so much Jaune."

Jaune was angrily muttering, distracted.

"Goddamnit he's so... Urgh... I'd... If he doesn't tell us all the details, I'm gonna sic Nora on him! I'll tell her he's gonna ban pancakes from the school! I'll let her break his LEGS! Erasing you, what does he think he's doing putting this all on you?! I'll!"

She hugged him tightly.

"Thank you," she said, much more firmly. She smiled lovingly into his eyes. He stuttered, and then flushed.
"I... Oh… Well... You're my partner, Pyrrha. I'd do anything for you. Because you'd do anything for me."

He was so close to her... He was warm... And well... Given her emotional state… She pressed forward with pursed lips.

They met together. With the setting sun, the stars peeking out of the twilight overhead, the silence, and the warmth of his skin and body… It was magical.

Everything was perfect… Then Jaune jerked back with a start.

"Ah... Sorry-!"

"N-No, no, I'm sorry," Pyrrha said quickly, shaking her head. "I-I just couldn't-!"

"It was my bad and I'm… I didn't mean to-"

"I wanted it!"

Jaune stared at her. She had never felt more terrified in her life than at this moment. She felt like she was holding onto him for dear life.

"I wanted it," she repeated firmly.

Jaune stared at her in silence for a long time. He blinked. He blinked again.

"Pyrrha, I…"

He coughed.

"Do… Do you want to kiss some more?"

Pyrrha laughed.

"Y-Yes! YES!"

He pressed his lips to hers, and everything was perfect again.

- - -

Feel free to post your own, as I've got a lot more coming.

Blake Didn't Notice
I also had an evil idea for a short: Blake and Yang take down Adam, Blake tries to confess to Yang... But...

Yang: "Oh, sorry. I'm with Jaune."

They share a messy kiss as Blake gapes.

Blake: "Wh-What?! YANG!"

Yang: cuddling with Jaune "Mm?"

Blake: "Wha-How could you be dating Jaune?!"

Yang: "Well, he was there for me when I lost my arm. We stayed in contact. We bonded over our trauma... I mean, I did have to jump him to make it clear I wanted him but..." Silly perverted grin "No complaints there. He always knows how to ARC my back~."

Jaune: blush "Yang..."

Yang: "What? I always wanted a little Jaune in me. Or not so little."

Jaune: blush "Yang...!"

Sun also shows up. Blake is like "Oh hey, he's simping for me, we can get back together!" And he just says hi to Blake before he kisses Weiss.

Blake: "Wait what?!"

Sun: "Oh, hey Blake!"

Blake: "Wha-How do you know each other?!"

Sun: "We've been texting and emailing each other since Beacon."

Blake: "Huh?! But you were-You were all about me!"

Sun: "I helped you out, but you just wanted to be friends. Weiss didn't want to be."

Weiss: "He's a good man, he's hot, and he pisses off my dad!" Smirk as she snuggles with Sun

Qrow appears, and hands a baby over to Yang and Jaune.

Qrow: "Picked him up from the babysitters."

Yang: "Thanks Uncle Qrow!"

Jaune: "Thank you so much!"

Blake: "WHA-YOU HAVE A BABY?!"

Jaune: "Uh yeah."

Yang: "We're also married."

Blake: "MARRIED?!"

Jaune: "We sent you a text but you never answered."

Ruby: "Awww... Hey baby Nick! Auntie Ruby is here!"

The baby giggles.

Blake: "I... Did I seriously not notice?! How?!"

Weiss: evil smile "You do tend to be utterly oblivious to anything that doesn't directly involve you, after all."

Blake: "No I'm not!"

- - -

I mean, it can't go past a short because any more would come off as bashing, but it would be funny to just play up Canon!Blake's self-absorption until it's completely ridiculous.

Whitley and Ruby: A Whiter Rose
Let's say Whitley, being a bit precocious, decides to go visit Weiss at Beacon because he's rich and even if he's his father's son, he might still get a kick out of bothering his big sister.

When he gets there though...

- - -

Honestly, he still couldn't see why Weiss had come here. Sure, it was warmer, but that just meant the people were softer, weaker. Weiss looked softer, less hardened. No wonder Father was considering making him the heir. He bet she'd run off like Winter, and then...

"And then we have..." Weiss trailed off and winced. "Oh no."

"Whatever is troubling you, Sister?" Whitley asked dryly. He looked in the same direction and...

His heart stopped in his chest. His cheeks went bright red.

A vision of loveliness raced towards them, with black hair with red tips, a wide smile across her gorgeous face, and silver eyes that wanted to swallow him up completely.

"Heeeyyyy Weissss!" The beauty called, waving her hand as a red cloak spread behind her like angel wings. It may have been the angle of the sunlight, or the brightness of her smile, but... Whitley was rendered absolutely speechless.

The goddess slid to a halt in front of them, smiling widely.

"Who's your buddy?"

"This is my little brother," Weiss managed in a growl. "Whitley, this is Ruby Rose, my team leader. Ruby, my little brother Whitley. He's visiting me from home."

Ruby... Like the gemstone...

Ruby beamed.

"Hey! Nice to meet you!"

He tried to open his mouth. Nothing came out. His hand went up shakily, to try and give her a handshake as was proper... And then she sprang forward and hugged him.

"RUBY!" Weiss shrieked.

"What? We're best friends, I wanna be best friends with your little brother!" Ruby said. She smiled at him warmly. "Is it okay if I hug you? You look like you'd really like them!"

She blinked and paled.

"Oh, geez... Or do I work up to hugs?! I'm sorry, I've gotten so used to hugging-I-I'm sorry!"

Her scent, her warmth, seeing how beautiful she was up close... It all overwhelmed Whitley. He tried to open his mouth to speak, but again, nothing came out!

COME ON! SAY SOMETHING! ANYTHING! His brain screamed.

What dark power did this-this temptress possess?!

Weiss hauled Ruby back, and automatically began to fix his tie and straight his vest.

"Seriously Ruby? Can you please not act like such a dolt? He's not used to... Well... You," Weiss hissed.

Whitley could not have hated his big sister more than in that moment.

Ruby flushed, and looked down. Her downcast face made him feel like the lowest scum on Earth-What was she doing to him?!

"I uh..." He managed to get his mouth working again, "That... It's... It's okay..."

She brightened, smiling like the sun. His heart thumped in his chest like a machine gun.

Why... Why does it look like she's shining?! He thought.

"So uh... You like Dust, right?" Ruby asked.

Weiss rolled her eyes.

"YES Ruby, he likes Dust. He's being trained to take over parts of the SDC when he's of age, he does know a lot about Dust!"

"Y-YES!" Whitley said, his voice cracking, "I-I know plenty about Dust! I-I love learning about it! The Fousillier-Ingram Process is a hobby of mine!"

Weiss stared at him in bewildered horror. Whitley could not dispute the feeling. What kind of idiot just babbled about an obscure Dust production process to a beautiful woman?! She must think him a bore! Or an imbecile! Or a common laborer! Or a-!

Ruby's eyes shined.

"Really?! That process is so new! I read all about it in Dust to Dust magazine but I don't have anyone to talk about it! It's so fascinating, especially when it relates to cartridge expansion rates!"

... She... She liked Dust?! She knew all about it?! She understood it scientifically?!

Whitley was reminded of a bunch of empty headed socialites back home who babbled about social matters and politics and Gods knew what else! All boring, empty twaddle! He hated those parties, hated having to put up with all that nonsense!

"I... I would love to," Whitley managed, his face dreamy. Ruby beamed, and took his hand.

"Come on! Let's go to the library! Or maybe the range? Ooh! Library, then range!"

She was holding his hand...!

This girl... Was gorgeous, training to be a Huntress, a team leader, and liked Dust and guns?!

She's... The perfect woman,
Whitley thought happily. Utterly unaware of the faintly horrified and nauseated look Weiss was wearing as she watched them run off.

- - -

Basically, Whitley falls HARD for Ruby. Crushes on her instantly. Ruby doesn't QUITE get it, but he is pretty nice, albeit snooty. But Weiss is snooty and Ruby likes her too.

Weiss of course realizes that if Whitley falls for Ruby, she'll be RELATED to the dolt! So Weiss must do everything in her power to prevent them from becoming a true item!

i feel like the Whitley snippet could be extrapolated into a really cute rom-com. Weiss trying her hardest to push them apart makes them fall further in love, they get sickeningly sweet together, Yang is all offended about someone dating her sister, tries to help Weiss, and Blake is the kind of girl that would stir the shit and try to push them together explicitly because she loves the drama .

i feel like the Whitley snippet could be extrapolated into a really cute rom-com. Weiss trying her hardest to push them apart makes them fall further in love, they get sickeningly sweet together, Yang is all offended about someone dating her sister, tries to help Weiss, and Blake is the kind of girl that would stir the shit and try to push them together explicitly because she loves the drama .

It could be! Oh man, what might happen when Jacques finds out?

Winter would be divided on this: On one hand, Jacques would freak out over this and that's good. And Whitley might become a better man if he fell for a good girl like Ruby.

On the other, if Ruby and Whitley get married, Winter would be related to QROW. That would be horrifying!

It could be! Oh man, what might happen when Jacques finds out?

Winter would be divided on this: On one hand, Jacques would freak out over this and that's good. And Whitley might become a better man if he fell for a good girl like Ruby.

On the other, if Ruby and Whitley get married, Winter would be related to QROW. That would be horrifying!
It's really a super fun concept. You could mine it for a LOT of humor; It would work really well as either a romance with comedy, or a comedy with romance; basically, depending on how you write the whitely and ruby romance. If you write it as slightly less overblown but still sweet, it could be a really cute romance with some really cute ero scenes, with conflict and humor int he side characters. On the other hand, if you write it as incredibly overblown how sweet they are on each other, it could be a really, really good comedy, where the protagonists become character slike Weiss and Yang, and ruby and whitley take roles as side characters in their own stories, leaving even more room for humor in the reactions of the families; Sort of like a less serious romeo and juliet, because nearly everyone involved has reasons to dislike the relationship, but no reasons to like, murder eachother. It's a really genious idea. If i had the writing chops i'd be starting on it myself, but I just want to let you konw how genuinely insanley good it is.

It's really a super fun concept. You could mine it for a LOT of humor; It would work really well as either a romance with comedy, or a comedy with romance; basically, depending on how you write the whitely and ruby romance. If you write it as slightly less overblown but still sweet, it could be a really cute romance with some really cute ero scenes, with conflict and humor int he side characters. On the other hand, if you write it as incredibly overblown how sweet they are on each other, it could be a really, really good comedy, where the protagonists become character slike Weiss and Yang, and ruby and whitley take roles as side characters in their own stories, leaving even more room for humor in the reactions of the families; Sort of like a less serious romeo and juliet, because nearly everyone involved has reasons to dislike the relationship, but no reasons to like, murder eachother. It's a really genious idea. If i had the writing chops i'd be starting on it myself, but I just want to let you konw how genuinely insanley good it is.

Ooh! Let's make it even better.

Whitley doesn't really have any positive male role models in his life he can ask for love advice. He ends up asking the male who is Ruby's friend: Jaune Arc.

Hilarity ensues.

Yang and Jaune: Dragonslayer Drama Concept
Some Dragonslayer drama I cooked up years ago. Here's a second or third draft of the original concept.

- - -

The fall of Beacon had been devastating. For Ruby, for… For everyone. From the moment she had woken up on Patch, she had wanted to go back to Vale and continue the fight. Jaune, who had shown up with Nora and Ren, had agreed with her.

The Grimm Dragon she had frozen in stone with her eyes was still alive and still producing Grimm, and everyone had wanted to take it out. For Pyrrha, if nothing else.

Taiyang had vetoed this: Now that the Grimm Dragon was helpless, it would just require gathering forces to kill it while it was frozen. Atlas was seeing to that according to the news.

So, Haven and tracking down Cinder became their new priority. But they needed to train.

They'd gotten beaten, and badly. They had to get into some kind of shape before they headed out.

So, Jaune had them run drills and formations, from sunup to sun down. And at first, Ruby had been very glad.

Jaune had come onto the island, all business, barely a trace of goofiness. He'd organized training schedules, and pushed them and himself as hard as possible. Say what you would about him, he always came up with something. From working with General Ironwood to get some intel on Cinder and her gang, to potential counters to the fiery bitch when they ran into her again.

But frankly, his intensity was starting to worry her

Ruby was taking a break in the shade near her family cabin, Ren sitting with her on a log. She was sipping a disgusting health smoothie he had whipped up for them. It was nasty but she had to admit, she felt a lot better drinking it than just plain tap water.

Out in the field, while her dad monitored things, Jaune and Nora sparred. Jaune couldn't tank Nora's hits, so he relied on his footwork to dodge her blows. She slammed her hammer down into the ground, and he narrowly dodged out of the way of the earth shaking blow.

He lunged forward with his blade, but Nora twisted out of the way and swung her feet into his shield. Jaune took the blow, but managed to twist his hips to with the momentum, trying to strike again. Nora managed to deflect the sword blow with her gauntlet, and threw her head forward to head butt him.

"UGH!"

Jaune staggered back, as Nora yanked Magnhild out of the grass and swung again. Jaune got his shield up in time, danced back to take the momentum of the swing… And still ended up flying off his feet into a tree.

"GAH!"

And through it. He collapsed onto his hands and knees, as the tree fell over.

"G-Good… Hit," Jaune managed.

"New personal best, Nora," Taiyang observed, as he walked over to Jaune. He pulled the blond young man up to his feet.

"I don't feel good about it," Nora winced. "Jaune-Jaune, you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jaune managed, a bit unsteady on his feet but still on them. He held up his shield and sword. "Let's go again-"

"No," Taiyang stated firmly. Jaune sighed, as Ruby winced.

"Haa... Haaa... All right. Well... On the plus side, Mister Xiao Long, we have firewood."

Normally, Ruby would have groaned at the bad pun. Jaune's exhaustion and hollow eyes made any enjoyment out of the bad joke vanish.

"And you should take a break," Taiyang stated authoritatively, "All of you." He looked at Jaune.

"Nora, get him back in the house, I'm going to collect firewood."

Nora saluted him, and went to Jaune's side. He struggled, but Nora pulled his shield arm over her shoulders.

"Righty-o!"

"We'll go too, Dad," Ruby said. Ren nodded, and rose. He went to Jaune's side, and Ruby walked behind him. She put a hand on his shoulder.

"We're doing okay, Jaune," Ruby said.

Jaune took a deep breath.

"Y-Yeah… We're better," he muttered, "But not good enough."

They entered the log cabin. Ren went to the living room to meditate, and Nora went with him to sit with him. Ruby helped Jaune into the kitchen, sitting him down in a stool at the kitchen island. She went to the fridge for food and drinks. She pulled back… And started.

There was a rare sight in the kitchen. Her blonde older half-sister, Yang. She had her hair up in a messy ponytail, she wore a black T-shirt with her empty right sleeve tied up, and short-shorts. She had wandered in, and rummaged around in the pantry.

"Come on, come on…"

She found peanut butter, jelly, and bread and tossed it onto the kitchen island in a heap. She pulled out a knife from a drawer, and set it down on the table. She reached for the peanut butter jar, and tried to twist off the top.

"I'll get the water, Ren~!" Nora sang as she skipped into the kitchen. She beamed.

"Hey Yang!"

"Hey Nora," Yang muttered back.

She was trying not to look frustrated by her inability to get the lid off the jar, as she curled her entire arm around it and tried to use the ends of her fingers to loosen the lid.

Jaune watched her grunt for a bit, before he reached out and took hold of the jar.

"There. Do it now," he stated.

Ruby and Nora both sucked in nervous breaths.

Yang stared at him for a moment, before she sighed and unscrewed the lid.

"... Thanks," she muttered, her tone dripping with something unpleasant.

"You're welcome," Jaune replied, not much better as he glared.

Yang grabbed the knife and began working on trying to spread the jelly on her bread… And she began to have trouble with that. She grunted angrily under her breath.

Jaune watched this go on for a bit, before he let out a breath of exasperation.

"Here. I'll do it." He reached out to take the knife, but she yanked it back with a glare.

"No!"

She glared at him. Jaune glared back.

"I want peanut butter and jelly too, it'll go faster-"

"Then you may as well cut the crusts off if you're going to treat me like a damn baby." Angrily, she stormed out of the kitchen upstairs.

"I was trying to help!" Jaune shouted after her, punctuated by the slam of a door. He sat down angrily, and began making his own sandwiches.

Nora, silent to this point, hummed.

"Seems like she doesn't want help, huh?"

"She's still dealing," Ruby pointed out, "It hasn't been easy for her-"

"It's stupid."

Nora and Ruby both looked over at Jaune, who was now angrily eating his sandwiches.

"She won't ask for help out of pride! Stubborn freaking...!"

"Jaune, please," Ruby tried, but Jaune silenced her with a glare.

"No Ruby! I… I know she's your sister, but she's been acting like this since we got here!" He growled as he downed some milk.

"She… She hates feeling weak, helpless," Ruby went on quietly, "I-I can relate."

Jaune shook his head.

"I can relate. Last place, remember? But I didn't take it out on other people!"

"She just…! She's got a lot more than feeling weak on her head," Ruby still pushed. "Losing… Losing her arm. Losing… Losing Blake."

Jaune started and looked at Ruby.

"Is she-?!"

"No, no!" Ruby said quickly, sighing in relief, "But… She wasn't happy to hear it from Sun that she was still alive. That… That she ran off on us. That she… Abandoned us."

Nora hugged Ruby tightly. The shorter, slimmer redhead accepted it, but carefully pushed her away after a bit. She shook her head.

"It's okay… It's just… It's a lot to lose," Ruby managed.

"Yeah well... Some people lost a lot more."

Ruby and Nora both looked over at Jaune. He was finishing his sandwich with a bitter, sad look on his face. Ruby trembled, and reached out to take his hand. He looked up, into her sorrow filled face.

"Please, don't," she whispered.

Jaune stared at her. He bowed his head.

"I'm sorry," he murmured. Ruby tried to move to hug him, but he held up a hand.

"I… I'm fine," he muttered.

She knew he was lying, but she nodded slowly.

Nora smiled sadly.

"... If we're going to start blaming people, maybe we should blame the people who did the bad things? And not us? Just a thought."

She twirled off to go bug Ren. The two team leaders looked at each other.

"... I hate it when she's right," Jaune grunted. Ruby managed a small smile.

"I'm glad she's here. "I'm glad you and Ren are, too."

Jaune smiled. Something that had become increasingly rare around here.

"Yeah. Me too," he said.

Ruby perked up.

"I'll go talk to Yang, 'kay?"

Jaune nodded. Ruby ran up the stairs, but paused when he cleared his throat.

"Hey, um... Tell her I'm sorry if I upset her."

"Roger dodger!"

Ruby made it to Yang's door, and slowly opened it. Inside, Yang was curled up on her bed with the lights off. She was staring at the far wall, her back to the door.

"Yang?" Ruby asked quietly.

"Go 'way."

Ruby sucked in a shallow breath.

"Jaune wanted to say he's sorry."

"Whatever, I don't care."

Ruby winced.

"He-He only wanted to help-"

Then cut my other arm off, so he'll have an excuse," Yang shot back. Ruby's eyes widened.

"Yang! How could you-?!"

Yang looked back over her shoulder, and glared at her little sister.

"Shut the fuck up, and leave me alone."

Ruby's lip wobbled. She fought back the tears. She nodded, and turned, closing the door behind her. She slowly walked back down the stairs. Jaune was waiting down there for her, and saw her state.

"Ruby?" He asked, moving closer to her.

"She's... she forgives you," Ruby managed in a whisper. Jaune stepped up in front of her, and wrapped his arms around her.

"You're not a good liar, Ruby... If I can tell."

Ruby sniffled, pressing her face into his chest.

"She's being a butt. But she's so torn up and sad inside..."

She looked up into his face.

"Like you are."

Jaune was silent for a moment before he nodded.

"Like we all are," he murmured. He hugged her, and she sank into the comforting warmth.

"Difference is," he muttered, "I'm not being an asshole to all of you, am I?"

"No... Just to yourself," Ruby mumbled.

Jaune tightened the hug but didn't say anything.

She sucked in another breath and looked back up.

"She just needs someone to comfort her," Ruby said quietly, "Someone… Someone going through the same things."

Jaune was silent, his face grim.

"And you're not… I…" Ruby bowed her head.

"I-I can't do it, Jaune," Ruby whimpered, "I… I'm sorry! I-I just… I can't and I…!"

She pulled herself together.

"Please… She… She just needs someone to comfort her," she murmured, "Someone who can… Who can handle it. Because I… I can't, Jaune. I'm so sorry, I just-!"

Jaune hugged her, and kissed the top of her head.

"Okay," he murmured.

Ruby bit back a sob. She hated having to do this, hated having to rely on him again. Since he'd gotten her he had done nothing but push, nothing but take on burdens. Burdens she should have taken on as a team leader… But she didn't have a team anymore. And she didn't know what to do.

"Jaune… I-I don't deserve you," she sniffled. Jaune rubbed her hair gently.

"We're friends. It's what they do," he murmured. "I… I don't know how much good I can do, but I'll do it. Even if it means being someone's punching bag… I've got enough practice."

Ruby hugged him more tightly.

"She won't hit you, but she's going to be cranky," she murmured, "And-And mean…"

"I'll take it," Jaune said softly.

He let her go, and Ruby already missed the feeling of his hug. He sighed and headed up. When he reached the landing of the stairs, Ruby spoke again.

"Jaune, wait."

He stopped and looked back down at Ruby. She gave him a plaintive look.

"Whatever she's up for doing? Could you do it? If it's talking, or training, or... whatever it is she wants to do... be on board? Please?"

Jaune slowly nodded.

"I will. I promise."

- - -

Jaune walked up to Yang's room. He took hold of the handle, turned it, and entered. It was decorated much as he expected Yang's room to be: Posters of bands and nightclubs on the walls, clutter everywhere, a punching bag in the corner with some hand weights and Ember Celica lying on a table.

Her new prosthetic arm also lay on the table, untouched.

"Yang?"

Yang was curled up in her bed. She turned back and glared blearily at him.

"Did you cut the crusts off?" She snarked.

"No," he stated flatly. "Look. I..." He grimaced, and sat down on her bed. She kept up her glare.

"You made Ruby cry, Yang," he stated, "Okay? That's not cool."

Yang snorted.

"I don't care," she muttered, turning away.

"I know you care about it," Jaune insisted, "Otherwise you wouldn't be feeling like shit about it. I can tell."

"I don't care, just leave me alone."

"Ruby made me promise to help you," Jaune stated firmly, "So guess what? Until I do, I'm not going anywhere."

Yang glared at him fiercely, sitting up just a bit. She rested on her remaining arm as she did.
"Oh really? How are you going to do that?" Yang shot back nastily.

Jaune shrugged.

"Maybe trying to talk? Look, I…"

He sucked in a breath. Godsdamnit, why did he try? He was the worst at this…

Because Ruby asked me to, his mind supplied.

"I get it," he stated. "All right? I get it."

"No you don't," Yang growled, "You don't get it at all-!"

"I do," Jaune said firmly, glaring into her eyes, "And you don't get to tell me I don't."

Yang seethed.

"Who do you think you are? ''Oh Yang, don't feel so bad, when the girl who loved me left me, she died!' I'm supposed to not feel so bad because you had it worse-?!"

Jaune shot her the angriest, deadliest look she had ever seen on his face. She started at the raw, naked rage and pain burning in his eyes. She scooted back in shock, and even some fear.

"Don't," Jaune managed in a tightly controlled snarl, "You want to hurt everyone just because you can't handle things? Fine. But don't. Bring. Her. Up."

Yang blinked a few times, and she bowed her head. Raw shame filled her.

"... I-I'm sorry," she murmured. "I… That was a bitch move. I-I'm sorry…"

The room was silent except for the sounds of their breathing. Jaune's breathing slowly returned to normal.

"... You should leave," she murmured.

"I promised I wouldn't-"

"I almost said… I almost said something we'd both regret," she choked out. She blinked back her tears.

"And I'm not… I'm not even mad at you."

"Who then?" Jaune asked.

"Myself… Life… I don't fucking know," Yang growled.

"We all are, Yang," Jaune insisted. Yang looked up and glared, her eyes briefly flashing red.

"You don't… You didn't fail like I did! I rushed in, I threw everything I had into it, and I…!" She bit back a sob, and clutched at the stump that was her right arm. "When I came to, Blake was gone, Weiss got kidnapped, Beacon and Vale are in ruins…!"

"That's not your fault!" Jaune stated, "It isn't-!"

"Then why does it fucking feel like it, huh?!" Yang snarled. "There are so many things I could have, should have done differently, damnit! I put in so much effort, I gave up everything but my life and it wasn't enough!"

She pounded her remaining fist on the mattress, making it creak and squeak loudly. She breathed hard, tears slipping down her cheeks as she glared at her knees.

"And she left me… She ran out on me… How the fuck am I supposed to deal with it, huh?" She glared at him. "Just shove it away and ignore it, like you?! Is that working out well for you?! Why do you even care?! You don't have to come here! You don't even have to be in this room talking to me! Why are you trying to help?! I didn't ask for it!"

Jaune closed his eyes. Again, she felt like the worst bitch in the world. She made to apologize, to try and head off his anger… Or hell, maybe she should let him take a swing at her.

She'd more than earned it.

Instead, Jaune slumped down. He looked… So godsdamned tired, like all his energy had vanished into the aether and what was left was a man staring in the abyss.

"... I'm trying to do something about it," Jaune said quietly, "Because… There is no one else to do it."

Yang stared.

"Jaune?"

"Nora and Ren needed leadership… Ruby needed a friend… They needed a plan," he muttered. "They needed to know someone was there for them. Someone knew what to do. Weiss was gone. Blake too. Your dad's trying but… He's got his own things. Your Uncle Qrow is running around, you barely see him… And you…"

He looked into Yang's eyes.

"I had to step up, because there was no one else," he stated softly. "All I can do is help her. Help them… Help you. Because someone has to. There's no one else."

Yang recalled these same words. Her thoughts when she had to step up after Summer died. How she had to take care of things when Dad was a broken man and Qrow was nowhere to be found.

There's no one else…

Jaune gritted his teeth.

"And if I suck at it, I'm sorry. I'm trying my best, Yang. I'm trying as hard as I can. All right? But then you get on your damn high horse, oh, I'm in sooo much fucking pain! I lost an arm! My partner ran off! You know what I lost?!"

Jaune took a deep angry breath.

"Pyrrha… She wouldn't let me fight with her. She kissed me, she told me she loved me, and then she shoved me into a fucking locker. I couldn't do a damn thing!"

He clenched his fists and glared down at them.

"And the worst part?! The worst part is that I know… I know… I would have just gotten in the damn way if I'd stayed," he growled, "I'd have been less than useless. I know all that… But I still would have stayed. Because if it came down to it? Her life was worth more than mine."

"Jaune, no," Yang tried, but Jaune shook his head.

"I could have at least been a fucking distraction! I could have let her win! If it took my life instead of hers?! Then that would have been worth it! As long as she… As long as everyone else was okay? I'd have been fine with dying! I know what I'm worth!"

He glared right at her.

"So yes Yang, I'm going to sit here, and I'm gonna try to help, because that's what's needed. I failed to be what Pyrrha needed. She died because of it. So I'm going to be what you, and Ruby, and anyone else needs! Okay?!"

Yang stared at him for a long, tense moment. He just kept breathing harshly. He closed his eyes and tried to calm himself. It was then her anger rose, and her eyes burned red.

She punched him. She couldn't use a lot of her strength since she was sitting down, but his head rocked back. He looked at her in shock and anger.

"You're such a fucking idiot," Yang snarled, "You really-You really think she'd have been happy with you dying?! You think any of us would have been happy if you sacrificed yourself instead of her?! How do you think Ruby would feel if she lost you, huh?!"

"I-I just-!"

"You don't get to pull that shit!" Yang snarled. "Ruby would be broken and lost without you! So would Nora and Ren! I-How would Pyrrha feel, huh?! You thinking that you should have died when she gave everything just so you would live?! You shitbag!"

They panted hard, their faces close together as they shouted at each other. Jaune swallowed, glaring into Yang's eyes.

"And Ruby's lost without you!" He shot back. "So you don't get to pull that shit with me, either! She needs her sister! She needs her team! I don't care if you think you're a jinx or cursed or whatever! She needs you, godsdamnit! We all do! Just because Blake ran off like that cunt of a mother of yours did and you lost your arm doesn't give you a fucking excuse!"

Yang's face went pale. Jaune panted hard, glaring angrily. He expected more abuse, more anger, even another punch…

He didn't expect tears to fall from her eyes and her to bow her head in defeat.

"Shit… Shit, Yang, I-I'm sorry-"

"You're so fucking blunt, you fucking stupid bastard!" Yang sobbed. Without anything else he could think of, he pulled her into a hug. She squirmed a bit, but he tightened his grip to keep her tight against him.

It was funny. Yang was always so tall, so loud, so strong and in charge. It was easy to forget how small she was, compared to him. Her face buried in his chest as she sobbed hard and ugly. He held her, and rubbed the small of her back as he had done to comfort his younger sisters in the past.

She cried, and cried, and Jaune couldn't say he didn't cry a little too. But he hid it, and held her, and let her get it all out.

Because he promised Ruby he would.

"You stupid… Fuck…" She muttered, still crying.

"I know… I know," Jaune mumbled back. He sighed softly, smelling her hair. Even in its frazzled state, it still smelled good.

He laid down on the bed with her, just holding her tightly as she continued to cry softly. He continued to stroke her back, and muttered anything soothing he could think of.

After a while, her breathing slowed, and she fell asleep. Jaune was pretty tired himself. He began to move to pull away… But her arm stayed wrapped around his waist.

"No… Don't go," she mumbled, "Please…"

Jaune slid back down and tightened his grip on her. He sighed and looked around the room. His eyes froze when he saw the door was partially open, and who was standing there watching.

Oh shit, Taiyang…

He opened his mouth to say something, anything, but Yang's father just smiled and shook his head. He held up a finger to his lips, before he shut the door.

Jaune held in a sigh. He kicked off his shoes, pulled off his armor and belt, and pulled the covers up over both Yang and himself. She snuggled in closer. He nuzzled the top of her head, and closed his eyes.

- - -

Isabel Wants Grandbabies!
Now, I don't mind Jaune Harems. I like them when they're well done, but I don't take them too seriously. This idea is that rather than Jaune starting it up... His mother, after learning he's at Beacon, storms in and makes things clear:

If he's going to be a Huntsman, he had BETTER give her GRANDBABIES!

And so she decides to "help" him...

- - -

Isabel: "Glynda! You're going to turn into a spinster!"

Glynda: "I'm only thirty-!"

Isabel: "YOUR EGGS ARE DRYING UP! HERE! MY SON IS VIRILE ENOUGH TO KNOCK YOU UP UNTIL YOU'RE FIFTY!"

Glynda: "But-But he's my student-!"

Isabel: "That's spinster talk! GIVE ME SOME GRANDKIDS!"

- - -

Weiss: "Ah, Mrs. Arc, I don't really-?"

Isabel: "Listen, I understand my boy didn't do a good job of courting you. I'm so sorry. But look!" Hands her photos and video "Take another look, hm? Now that you're at least friends?"

Weiss: looks at the images and video of Jaune shirtless and doing farm chores... Blushes "O-Oh... My... He's so... Filthy!"

Isabel: "Yes. He knows how to do a man's work! Get his hands dirty and rough, work up a sweat, and survive in the wild! Better than any prissy Atlasian noble your father's tried to force upon you, right?"

Weiss: "I-I well, um, I-I mean-!"

Isabel: "How about you hold onto these... And think it over, hmmm?"

Weiss: bright red "I-I just, I mean, oh...!"

- - -

Pyrrha: "Mrs. Arc, I... I'm so glad to meet you. Your son is my partner, my friend, he's such a wonderful person-!"

Isabel: "And you're in love with him but he can't tell and you can't say it, right?"

Pyrrha: "..." Bright red

isabel: laughs "Oh it's all right, sweetie! I was the same way with Jaune's father! He was so dense and I was so shy, it was ridiculous! But you know, there is a way to get past his obliviousness and your own fears."

Pyrrha: "Wh-What?"

Isabel: "Are you sure? You don't seem very strong willed-"

Pyrrha: leans forward, eyes wide "Mrs. Arc. I swear... I want him. I WANT TO HAVE TWELVE CHILDREN WITH HIM."

Isabel: "WONDERFUL! That's the proper attitude, young lady! It's very simple: Be absolutely direct. Sit him down and make it clear you love him and want to have his children."

Pyrrha: "That... That worked?!"

Isabel: "Of course it worked! ... Though some bondage did help."

Pyrrha: pulls out her notepad and a pencil "Tell me more, Mother-in-Law!"

Isabel: "Certainly my dear!"

- - -

Yang: "So, you're Vomit Boy's mom?"

Isabel: "Aw, you have pet names already? Wonderful!"

Yang: "Er, no, I mean, we're-we're just friends! Sort of-"

Isabel: "Yang Xiaolong, my dear. I was once in your position, long ago. A mere Double-Dee cup."

Yang: "Eh?!"

Isabel: "Just coasting through life having freedom and adventures and bar fights... But then I realized that what I really wanted? Was a family. My parents both died when I was young, I had to fend for myself. I was all alone... And then I met Nick. Here was a man who would never, ever abandon me. Who would love me and give me a home, and family. I mean, I still enjoy a proper bar brawl, but it's far better with a home of love and family to come back to. It really is."

Yang: sniffle "... H-How do you...?"

Isabel: "Raven Branwen is just that big of a cunt, Yang. She is the universal example of the worst mother in Remnant. It's okay." hugs her "It's all right... I'm here for you."

Yang: "Holy... Shit... What's happening...?" cries as Isabel comforts her

After a good cry and a pep talk...

Yang: "Thank you... I-I just... I could never put all that into words with anyone..."

Isabel: "It's all right, dear, it's all right... But of course, this is why I must forbid you from dating my son."

Yang: "Wait what?!"

Isabel: nods gravely "Yes, even though I think you two would be perfect together, there's no way a rebellious girl like you would ever be tempted to settle down with him, or share your life with him, or have nine children with him. Sorry, but I must forbid it. You're just not the sort of girl who would be interested in that kind of thing with him."

Yang: "I ABSOLUTELY WOULD BE! I-I'D BE THE BEST WIFE AND MOM EVER! AND I'D HAVE PLENTY OF KIDS WITH HIM!"

Isabel: "Pyrrha says she wants twelve kids with him."

Yang: "WHAT?! THAT SKANK-I'LL HAVE FOURTEEN WITH HIM!"

Isabel: "I'll believe it when I see it!"

Yang: "YOU'RE ON, YOU OLD HAG! YOUR SON IS GONNA BE CALLING ME MOMMY!"

Isabel: smirks on the inside "Sure you will~!" Kukuku... Just as planned!

- - -

Blake was reading in the library, trying to escape how weird everything had gotten...

Isabel: "Hello Blake!"

Blake: "Oh. Hello Mrs. Arc."

Isabel just sits there. Blake frowns but goes back to her book. Isabel keeps sitting there.

This persists for about two minutes before Blake sighs.

Blake: "... Can I help you with something?"

Isabel: "I just wanted to visit with you, since I'm getting to know all of my Jaune's friends."

Blake: "We're... I mean... We're sort of friends? But we don't really talk."

Isabel: "Ah. That's unfortunate."

Blake: "I'm not really in the mood to date, what with my ex being... Uh..."

Isabel: "A murderous psychopath?"

Blake: blinks "How does everyone keep finding out about that?"

Isabel: "Blake, dear, you didn't even change your name when you joined the school."

Blake: "Oh... Right..."

Isabel: "Hmmm..." Peers over to see the book Blake is really reading behind her book "Oh! I recognize that! Ninjas of Love, right?"

Blake: "I uh... Well, yes. I happen to like it-"

Isabel: "Oh good! So do I! My eldest daughter wrote it!"

Blake: jaw drops "What?!"

Isabel: "Saphron Terra-Cotta? That's my girl! She did need some references for some of the artwork and dialogue, so she used Jaune! Poor boy, having to go around in ninja gear..."

Blake: "W-Wait... Which character?"

Isabel: "Oh, um... Hmmm... Sora, I think?"

Blake: turns bright red

Isabel: "Dear, are you all right?"

Blake: The character I've written the most smut for...? Oh no...

Blake: "F-Fine!"

Isabel: "Well, I don't want to make it seem like I'm pressuring every girl to give me grandbabies, mind you. That would be ridiculous! I suppose that's the Faunus in me."

Blake: "Faunus?!"

She sniffs... Yes... Isabel has a trace of Faunus in her scent.

Isabel: "Oh, yes. We're distantly related to Lowe Aslan, the Lion Lord of the Faunus? It's not a big deal, really. His kingdom is long gone, after all, but it's a nice mark of pride for us. No pun intended."

Blake: slightly faint "Y-You... You mean you're descended... From Lowe Aslan, the Golden Lion Lord? The Breaker of Chains!? The one who started the Faunus Revolution?!"

Isabel: "Yes! We are very proud to have such a lineage. It's regrettable how things have gone between Faunus and humans in recent years, don't you think? It would be nice to make progress towards a more equal future again."

Blake: bright red "... Y-Yes, that would be good..."

Isabel: "But as I was saying, there's no need for me to push you at my Jaune. It would be completely unnatural and unfair."

Blake: "Y-Yes... Yes, very unfair..."

Isabel: beams "But you know, one whiff of a fertile girl and I can't help thinking about grandchildren. Sorry about that."

Blake: "D-Don't apologize for your Faunus roots! That's totally fine! Absolutely fine... Just out of curiosity, where is your son now?"

Isabel: "He's in training at the gym."

Blake: "Excuse me." She hurries off

Isabel: Waits... Then dials a number on her scroll "Kali?"

Kali: "Yes Isabel?'

Isabel: "Operation Grandkitties is go!"

Kali: "HUZZAH!"

- - -

How would Isabel try to convince other girls at Beacon? And naturally because she's kind of nuts, she'll just keep on going and going and GOING...

Yang: "Wait what?!"

Isabel: nods gravely "Yes, even though I think you two would be perfect together, there's no way a rebellious girl like you would ever be tempted to settle down with him, or share your life with him, or have nine children with him. Sorry, but I must forbid it. You're just not the sort of girl who would be interested in that kind of thing with him."

Good old reverse child psychology.

A Whiter Rose: First Attempt
On the subject of Whitley trying to court Ruby... He would probably have no idea how to go about it. And he's sure as hell not asking his DAD.

But since he is a Schnee, he will try to do things himself... And probably based upon romance comics and novels.

Ruby: "Hey Whitley!" Bounces up to him happily "How are you today?"

Whitley: "My soul is aflame with ardor for you, Ruby Rose!" poses dramatically

Ruby: "... Does that hurt?"

Whitley: "Uh... Kind of... I uh... My loins burn for you!"

Ruby: "Oh my gosh! Let's get you to the nurse's office! They must have a cream for that, Yang had a bad rash-"

Whitley: "N-No! No! It's uh... It's not that bad... Ummm... You are my sun!"

Ruby: "... Did I cause your burns?"

Whitley: "NO!"

Ruby: "Why are you upset, I'm trying to help!"

Whitley: "I... I'm sorry... Can we... Go play video games and work on guns?"

Ruby: "Errr... Sure? I was going to ask you to do that anyway?"

Whitley: "Oh... R-Right... Ahahaha... That's... Yeah..."

He tosses the romance book in the trash when Ruby isn't looking.

Professor Nightingale - First Aid
probably already taught them that in the first Hunter Schools like Signal. dont forget Beacon is like a College and not the Highschool.

but those are all stuff Jaune doesnt know about and maybe ruby if shes 2 years behind. same as Outdoor Survival and Foraging.

maybe advanced tracking?

you dont make rules for the exception :D

would be cool to see an MC for once asking the faculty the curriculum lol and if they dont like it just turn around and dont apply for beacon if it turns out to be as bad as 1st year we already saw. Makes me wonder what Qrow and Raven saw in it that has value

you dont make rules for the exception :D

would be cool to see an MC for once asking the faculty the curriculum lol and if they dont like it just turn around and dont apply for beacon if it turns out to be as bad as 1st year we already saw.

Selective rule enforcement is Ozpin's defining characteristic as headmaster of Beacon.

Some ideas:

-Pyrrha gets desperate to get Jaune's hands on her, so she starts teaching him grappling and wrestling. And it turns out Jaune is pretty good at getting her down onto the ground for ground fighting, where many of her advantages are negated. This is just how she likes it, though.

-Ruby Rose has a habit of taking her friends' weapons and armor and modifying them without their knowledge or permission. Hilarity ensues.

-Ren teaching others Aura based martial arts has a lot of potential. In Volume 1 he could control his Aura to emit an AT-field like barrier for self defense, that could have been incredibly useful in many situations. How might he have trained others in this art?

-Pyrrha gets desperate to get Jaune's hands on her, so she starts teaching him grappling and wrestling. And it turns out Jaune is pretty good at getting her down onto the ground for ground fighting, where many of her advantages are negated. This is just how she likes it, though.

Yang, then sees how good Jaune is at hand to hand fighting, and gets herself involved, harem comedy ensues.

Ruby Rose has a habit of taking her friends' weapons and armor and modifying them without their knowledge or permission. Hilarity ensues.

Ruby attaches a net throwing device to Jaune's shield that drags him and his female opponents together. Blake likes it the most....:V

Ren teaching others Aura based martial arts has a lot of potential. In Volume 1 he could control his Aura to emit an AT-field like barrier for self defense, that could have been incredibly useful in many situations. How might he have trained others in this art?

Jaune, with a newly awakened Aura requires control tutoring to catch up. While training his aura control, Jaune discovers that he is a aura martial arts prodigy.

Just some fleshed out ideas.

Knightshade Wacky Scheme
More ideas:

-Blake's parents come to visit Beacon before the fall as part of a diplomatic visit. In an effort to keep them off her back and think she's happy, she asks Jaune to be her fake boyfriend. Hilarity ensues.

Jaune: "Okay... So you want me to be your pretend boyfriend? Why?"

Blake: "If I'm dating a human then it will look like I'm really past Adam and the White Fang."

Jaune: "And why me?"

Blake: "Ren would be my preference-"

Jaune: "Gee, thanks-"

Blake: "But Nora would kill me."

Jaune: "Right, nobody would want to fight you for me, of course."

Somewhere else, Pyrrha sneezes.

Blake: "I didn't mean it like that! I... I trust you!"

Jaune: "Wait really?"

Blake: "Yes. If Yang trusts you to be friends with Ruby, of course you're trustworthy. And you don't mind Faunus, right?"

Jaune: "No, of course not!"

Blake: "And you don't have a Faunus fetish, right?"

Jaune: "Uh... I mean, no more than any other guy?"

Blake: sigh "... I suppose that might help."

Jaune: "I just, why do we have to do a wacky scheme like this-?"

Blake: "This is not a whacky scheme! This is a strategic psyop mission to deceive my parents into thinking I am doing well and allowing them to not worry over me! They will thus govern Menagerie more effectively without worrying over me! You pretending to be my loving boyfriend has geopolitical consequences, Jaune!"

Jaune: "... I don't even know how to respond to that."

Blake: "Respond by cuddling me and telling me I'm a good kitty!"

Jaune: sigh "Fine."

The Riddler in Remnant
The Riddler attempts to challenge RWBY and JNPR in a crime spree. He's in this new world, he has to prove himself.

Eddie: "How do you make the number 7 even without addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division?"

Yang: "... Uhhhh... Ruby? You're the nerd, you answer this."

Ruby: "I'm working on it, I've got calculus-!"

Eddie: "NO CALCULUS!"

Weiss: "That's not fair! It wasn't in the riddle!"

Eddie: "I CHANGED IT!"

Weiss: "How does this prove your superiority in any way?!"

Yang: "Let's not provoke the crazy man holding the city hostage with bombs and puzzles, okay?"

Jaune: "Let's see... Blake? You got anything?"

Blake: "Why would I know?!"

Jaune: "You read a lot?"

Blake: "Not riddles!"

Nora: "Punch!"

Eddie: "What? Punch isn't the answer!"

Nora: "I'll punch you unless you stop holding the city hostage! A lot! Is that a good answer?"

Eddie: "NO!"

Pyrrha: "Um, can we please not blow up the city and just play a riddle game?"

Jaune: sighs "DustNet says we just drop the 'S' which makes 'even'..."

Yang: "Oh that's so lame!" grins "Even for me!"

Weiss: "URRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Riddler: "YOU GOOGLED IT?!"

Jaune: "You're threatening to blow up the city, of course I looked it up online!"

Ruby: "Is that even a riddle?"

Riddler: "UGH! Okay okay, I will... I will give you something simpler. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?"

Ruby: "Do holidays count?"

Riddler: "THEY DO NOT!"

Jaune: "Do days in different languages count?"

Riddler: "NO!"

Ren: "That sounds very arbitrary-"

Riddler: "IT'S MY RIDDLE, I MAKE THE RULES!"

Jaune: "Uggghhhhh... Uh... Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow?"

Riddler: "YES! FINALLY!"

Ruby: "Does that count? One doesn't even have 'day' in it."

Riddler: "YES IT COUNTS!"

Yang: "Sheesh, okay guy, calm down."

Riddler: "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! TELLING PEOPLE TO CALM DOWN DOESN'T CALM ANYONE DOWN!"

Other DC Villains in Remnant
How would other DC villains react to ending up in Remnant?

Poison Ivy: "So, this is a world where man is finally kept in check by nature!"

Ruby: "Not really. The Grimm aren't natural. They're magic. And they're destroying the biosphere, too."

Poison Ivy: "Oh?"

Ruby: "And they're led by an evil witch-queen."

Poison Ivy: "... Seems that Mother Nature needs a little help on this world..."

Captain Cold, of the Flash villains, would be just fine fighting alongside our heroes. Like most of Flash's Rogues, he's a practical, working class kind of supervillain with a code of ethics.

Captain Cold: "Wait wait wait... You'll pay me to kill as many of these horrible monsters as possible? In as gruesome and terrible of ways I can devise?"

Jaune: "Er, yeah, that's how being a hunter works."

Captain Cold: "I'M GOING LEGIT!"

Of course, mad scientists and megalomaniacs will have their own issues here.

Lex Luthor: "Honestly, I'm disgusted that humanity is reduced to this. Under my leadership, you will flourish."

Weiss: "And I thought my father had an ego problem..."

The Riddler in Remnant 2
The Riddler attempts to challenge RWBY and JNPR in a crime spree. He's in this new world, he has to prove himself.

Eddie: "How do you make the number 7 even without addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division?"

Yang: "... Uhhhh... Ruby? You're the nerd, you answer this."

Ruby: "I'm working on it, I've got calculus-!"

Eddie: "NO CALCULUS!"

Weiss: "That's not fair! It wasn't in the riddle!"

Eddie: "I CHANGED IT!"

Weiss: "How does this prove your superiority in any way?!"

Yang: "Let's not provoke the crazy man holding the city hostage with bombs and puzzles, okay?"

Jaune: "Let's see... Blake? You got anything?"

Blake: "Why would I know?!"

Jaune: "You read a lot?"

Blake: "Not riddles!"

Nora: "Punch!"

Eddie: "What? Punch isn't the answer!"

Nora: "I'll punch you unless you stop holding the city hostage! A lot! Is that a good answer?"

Pyrrha: "Um, can we please not blow up the city and just play a riddle game?"

Jaune: sighs "DustNet says we just drop the 'S' which makes 'even'..."

Yang: "Oh that's so lame!" grins "Even for me!"

Weiss: "URRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!"

Riddler: "YOU GOOGLED IT?!"

Jaune: "You're threatening to blow up the city, of course I looked it up online!"

Ruby: "Is that even a riddle?"

Riddler: "UGH! Okay okay, I will... I will give you something simpler. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?"

Ruby: "Do holidays count?"

Riddler: "THEY DO NOT!"

Jaune: "Do days in different languages count?"

Riddler: "NO!"

Ren: "That sounds very arbitrary-"

Riddler: "IT'S MY RIDDLE, I MAKE THE RULES!"

Jaune: "Uggghhhhh... Uh... Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow?"

Riddler: "YES! FINALLY!"

Ruby: "Does that count? One doesn't even have 'day' in it."

Riddler: "YES IT COUNTS!"

Yang: "Sheesh, okay guy, calm down."

Riddler: "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN! TELLING PEOPLE TO CALM DOWN DOESN'T CALM ANYONE DOWN!"

After running around and defusing several bombs around Vale...

Riddler: "Congratulations, you imbeciles! You're not quite as stupid as you look!"

Ruby: "Seriously... You're such a jerk...!"

Riddler: "Now... Solve my last riddle, and maybe you'll have a chance to defuse the last bomb!"

Jaune: "Uggghh... Fine. Give us it."

Riddler: "What walks with four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening? NO SEARCHING THE INTERNET!"

Jaune: "Ummmm..."

Pyrrha: "Come on Jaune, you got this!"

Weiss: "Yes, this is literally the most useful you have ever been, Jaune. Don't screw it up!"

Yang: bonks Weiss

Weiss: "OW! What was that for?!"

Yang: "Not. Helping."

Jaune: "Ugggghhh... It was a story my dad told me... Ancient legend... Out of Argus... Uhhhh..."

Ren: "Come on Jaune."

Nora: "You can do it!"

Ruby: "Go go go!"

Riddler: "Clock is ticking, boy!"

Jaune: "Is it... A man?"

Riddler: "... Yes! You are correct!"

Blake: "Wait, a man?"

Jaune: "Yeah. Four legs in the morning, crawling like a baby. Two legs when grown. Three legs in the evening, walking with a cane when you're old. My mom loved that one."

Blake: scowl "Why wouldn't he also accept a Faunus as an answer? Seems bigoted-"

Yang: "No one cares, Blake!"

Riddler: "Well! Since you've proven yourselves somewhat competent... I'll let you defuse the bomb!"

All: "YEAH!"

Riddler: "Upside down while reading the instructions in Hebrew!"

Jaune: "... WHAT?!"

Riddler: "Hey, who said I was playing fair-?"

Jaune: "YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

Jaune barrels into the Riddler through the reinforced one-way glass and begins waling on him.

Jaune: "YOU! CHEATING! TINY DICKED! SON OF A FUCKING WHORE!"

Riddler: "OW! OW! OW! H-HEY, THIS ISN'T-OW! OW! OW! OW!"

Jaune: "DEFUSE THE BOMB OR JAUNE GO SMASH!"

Riddler: "OKAY OKAY QUIT HITTING ME!"

Riddler defuses the bomb, and he is hauled away by the police... After Jaune's teammates pull him off the annoying supervillain for making another smartass remark.

Ruby: "Wow... How did you know he was behind that glass, Jaune?"

Jaune: "I just thought... If I was the smuggest most annoying cunt in the universe, I'd be right there watching it because I'm such a tiny dicked asshole that motherfucker-Ahem. I'm sorry guys, I lost control."

Nora; "Don't be! That was awesome! The power of friendship and violence triumphed again!"

Yang: "Yeah! Who knew you had it in you?"

Pyrrha is drooling and giggling dreamily over how Jaune beat up that guy...

Paperwork Bitch
Ruby goes up to Jaune, looking desperate.

Ruby: "Jaune? Will you marry me?"

The rest of RWBY and JNPR react accordingly.

Yang and Pyrrha: "WHAT?!"

Weiss: "WHAAAAAAT?!"

Nora: "An unexpected twist!"

Blake: flush

Ren: raised eyebrow

Jaune: "... Why?"

Ruby: "Because my team has so much paperwork and I can't do it all by myself! Please, help meeeee?!"

Jaune: "We don't have to get married to do paperwork, Ruby."

Ruby: "With my team, this'll be a lifetime commitment! So we might as well make it official!"

Jaune: "... Yeah, yeah, I can't really fault you for that."

Yang, Blake, and Weiss: "HEY!"

Jaune: "But I can help you out with your paperwork. I got mine done already."

Weiss: "Wha-I've seen the Team Leader paperwork! An imbecile like you couldn't finish it properly-!"

Glynda Goodwitch comes in.

Glynda: "Mister Arc. You've been finishing your team leader paperwork very efficiently."

Jaune: "No problem, Professor! I helped my mom and dad with their paperwork all the time! They wanted me to become a CPA but I decided on a Hunter!"

Glynda: "A CPA you say?"

Jaune: "Yeah! I passed the exam but I headed to Beacon before I got certified-"

Glynda: "Mister Arc. From this moment onward, you are my assistant." Grabs him and drags him off with a happy smile "Yes... Mine. All mine!"

Jaune: "ACK!"

Ruby: "HEY! NO FAIR! I SAW HIM FIRST!"

Later, many people assume that, given how happy Goodwitch is with Arc (and how exhausted he is), their relationship is much more ribald than it appears.

Cardin: "Jaune?"

Jaune: "Yes?"

Cardin: "Nice."

Jaune: "What's nice?"

Cardin: nods "Good, good. You're keeping it cool. Classy, man. Classy."

Jaune: "Ummmm... Sure?"

Yang: "HOW COULD YOU?!"

Jaune: "EH?!"

Yang: "You really went after the old, hot blonde when you could have had the YOUNG hot blonde?!"

Jaune: "Which one? Who?! WHAT?!"

Yang: sniffles "Damnit... You heartbreaker! Why do I have to fall for bad boys?!"

Jaune: "ME?!"

Later...

Jaune: "Everyone's gone crazy, Pyrrha! Everyone thinks I'm-I'm sleeping with Professor Goodwitch!"

Pyrrha: "Oh... O-Oh... So you aren't?"

Jaune: "No! Of course not! What kind of chance do I have with a woman that hot?!"

Pyrrha: "I... I mean... Looks aren't everything, Jaune, and-and you look fine to me!"

Jaune: "Thanks Pyrrha, but feh. Everyone around here looks like a model. And me? I'm just... Ya know... I'm just Jaune."

Pyrrha: "Jaune is more than enough for me. I-I think you have a better chance than you think, with the women around here!"

Jaune: "Really?"

Pyrrha: "Yes!"

Jaune: "Even Miss Goodwitch?"

Pyrrha: "Especially Miss Goodwitch!"

Jaune: "... So you're saying I should go after her?"

Pyrrha: "Wha-NO!"

Volume 2 Preview
A preview for the fans;

"Jaune? Jaune! Come down here!"

He'd just finished packing his backpack, making sure Crocea Mors and his armor were strapped securely to it. He'd figure out how to smuggle them out later. He took one last look around at his room. The familiar posters from far off places Aqua and Tangy had sent him, the paintings by Verdy, the models he'd built with Orchid, the bookshelf packed with novels and comics Saphron and Coral had gotten him, the comforter Lilac had knit for him... All of it. One last time.

He headed downstairs, past the walls of photos and pictures of their many, many family members and friends. Right down to the living room. He saw his mother standing there in her usual green dress, her hair up in a ponytail, her glasses on. She glared at him, holding up an envelope as he walked up to her.

"Yeah Mom?"

"Don't you 'yeah Mom' me, what is this?" She demanded, waving the envelop at him. "It's from Beacon! An acceptance letter!"

"Oh, so I got in?" Jaune asked, trying to sound casual even as his mother began a slow burn.

"How did you get in?!" She demanded. "You were supposed to be studying for the Valean Medical Institute!"

"Yeah, I did," Jaune said with a shrug, not meeting her eyes, "I-I got in. I got accepted."

"Then why in the Gods' name is this letter here?!" Mom demanded, tossing it down onto the coffee table. Jaune looked up into her eyes, but could only lock onto her frowning mouth.

"You told me you wanted me to get into VMI. I did that," he said carefully, "But I want... I-I'm going to go to Beacon."

"You're not trained to be a Huntsman!" Mom growled, "You're trained to be a MEDIC! That's why I unlocked your Aura-!"'

"I got in, I took the exam and I passed," Jaune stated flatly, "I-I'll figure out the rest as I go along, okay? I've got six months, I'm in great shape-"

Her fist crushed the letter.

"You're not going to be a Huntsman, Jaune!" Mom snarled. "I won't let you throw your life away! You're going to VMI, and you're GOING to be a doctor!"

"Mom I can help people!" Jaune insisted. "I can fight! I can be a hero-"

Mom scoffed.

"Like who?!"

"Like Auntie Arturia?! Like Great-Uncle Adrian?" Jaune insisted. He bit his lip, but he was in too deep now. "Like you and Dad?!"

His mother's shoulders shook. She turned her icy glare on him, slow and dangerous.

"Is that what you think he was?" Mom demanded, angry and bitter. Jaune's jaw dropped.

"M-Mom... Everyone said... You said-!"

"Your father could have retired!" Mom snarled. "He could have stayed her, worked hard, done some real good! But he just kept going out into harm's way! He... He was SELFISH!"

Jaune's jaw dropped as his heart felt like it was in a vice.

"M-Mom, you don't mean that-!"

"He went off to be a hero and he DIED," Mom stated, anger dripping from every word, "He could have stayed with us and done some actual good! But instead, he decided to be selfish and stupid!"

"He was a hero-!"

"And all we were left was a statue!" Mom shot back. "All I was left with was grief! HE WAS SELFISH! You don't get to be selfish, Jaune!" She waved her finger at him, as his eyes sought out the floor. "You're not going to throw your life away for your stupid, childish dream!"

Jaune's shoulders shook, as a raw rage filled him. His mother kept talking.

"You're going to tell Beacon you can't make it, you're going to get ready for VMI-"

"Why do all my sisters get to choose, but I have to be your vanity project, huh?!" Jaune demanded quickly, still not meeting her gaze, "Why can't you let me choose what to be?!"

"Because you'll choose wrong!" Mom shouted back. "You'll choose the same thing that killed your father! Do you want to be selfish and stupid like him, huh?!"

"He wasn't selfish," Jaune whispered. He slowly looked up into her eyes, fighting back hot, angry tears. "He wasn't selfish, and he wasn't stupid!"

"Jaune, you're not-!"

"YOU WERE!" Jaune snarled. His mother froze, staring at him in anger and confusion.

"Wha-What do you-?!"

"I heard you talking the night before he left," Jaune managed, between ragged pants as the rage seemed to claw its way out of him, "In my room! He asked you to come with you! HE ASKED! You said NO! And if-If you had gone, MAYBE HE'D STILL BE ALIVE!"

His mother's jaw dropped.

"Jaune, how could you-?!"

"You got him killed!" Jaune shouted, the tears falling freely now, "And now you're just a scared, bitter old woman who can't accept it!"

She slapped him. He was nearly knocked right off his feet, but he stayed standing. He looked up, his face grim. His anger just solidified into a hard ball in his chest.

His mother was crying, guilt and hurt on her face. Her hand trembled. She reached out again.

"J-Jaune, wait, please, I didn't mean to-!"

He turned and ran. Right up the stairs. He grabbed his backpack and shouldered it. He threw open the window and leaped out, landing roughly just before his mother could burst into the room. He started running.

"JAUNE! JAUNE, WAIT! I'M SORRY!" He could hear his mother crying out from the window, "PLEASE! JAUNE!"

He stormed off into the night. And he didn't look back...

Coming soon.

A preview for the fans;

"Jaune? Jaune! Come down here!"

He'd just finished packing his backpack, making sure Crocea Mors and his armor were strapped securely to it. He'd figure out how to smuggle them out later. He took one last look around at his room. The familiar posters from far off places Aqua and Tangy had sent him, the paintings by Verdy, the models he'd built with Orchid, the bookshelf packed with novels and comics Saphron and Coral had gotten him, the comforter Lilac had knit for him... All of it. One last time.

He headed downstairs, past the walls of photos and pictures of their many, many family members and friends. Right down to the living room. He saw his mother standing there in her usual green dress, her hair up in a ponytail, her glasses on. She glared at him, holding up an envelope as he walked up to her.

"Yeah Mom?"

"Don't you 'yeah Mom' me, what is this?" She demanded, waving the envelop at him. "It's from Beacon! An acceptance letter!"

"Oh, so I got in?" Jaune asked, trying to sound casual even as his mother began a slow burn.

"How did you get in?!" She demanded. "You were supposed to be studying for the Valean Medical Institute!"

"Yeah, I did," Jaune said with a shrug, not meeting her eyes, "I-I got in. I got accepted."

"Then why in the Gods' name is this letter here?!" Mom demanded, tossing it down onto the coffee table. Jaune looked up into her eyes, but could only lock onto her frowning mouth.

"You told me you wanted me to get into VMI. I did that," he said carefully, "But I want... I-I'm going to go to Beacon."

"You're not trained to be a Huntsman!" Mom growled, "You're trained to be a MEDIC! That's why I unlocked your Aura-!"'

"I got in, I took the exam and I passed," Jaune stated flatly, "I-I'll figure out the rest as I go along, okay? I've got six months, I'm in great shape-"

Her fist crushed the letter.

"You're not going to be a Huntsman, Jaune!" Mom snarled. "I won't let you throw your life away! You're going to VMI, and you're GOING to be a doctor!"

"Mom I can help people!" Jaune insisted. "I can fight! I can be a hero-"

Mom scoffed.

"Like who?!"

"Like Auntie Arturia?! Like Great-Uncle Adrian?" Jaune insisted. He bit his lip, but he was in too deep now. "Like you and Dad?!"

His mother's shoulders shook. She turned her icy glare on him, slow and dangerous.

"Is that what you think he was?" Mom demanded, angry and bitter. Jaune's jaw dropped.

"M-Mom... Everyone said... You said-!"

"Your father could have retired!" Mom snarled. "He could have stayed her, worked hard, done some real good! But he just kept going out into harm's way! He... He was SELFISH!"

Jaune's jaw dropped as his heart felt like it was in a vice.

"M-Mom, you don't mean that-!"

"He went off to be a hero and he DIED," Mom stated, anger dripping from every word, "He could have stayed with us and done some actual good! But instead, he decided to be selfish and stupid!"

"He was a hero-!"

"And all we were left was a statue!" Mom shot back. "All I was left with was grief! HE WAS SELFISH! You don't get to be selfish, Jaune!" She waved her finger at him, as his eyes sought out the floor. "You're not going to throw your life away for your stupid, childish dream!"

Jaune's shoulders shook, as a raw rage filled him. His mother kept talking.

"You're going to tell Beacon you can't make it, you're going to get ready for VMI-"

"Why do all my sisters get to choose, but I have to be your vanity project, huh?!" Jaune demanded quickly, still not meeting her gaze, "Why can't you let me choose what to be?!"

"Because you'll choose wrong!" Mom shouted back. "You'll choose the same thing that killed your father! Do you want to be selfish and stupid like him, huh?!"

"He wasn't selfish," Jaune whispered. He slowly looked up into her eyes, fighting back hot, angry tears. "He wasn't selfish, and he wasn't stupid!"

"Jaune, you're not-!"

"YOU WERE!" Jaune snarled. His mother froze, staring at him in anger and confusion.

"Wha-What do you-?!"

"I heard you talking the night before he left," Jaune managed, between ragged pants as the rage seemed to claw its way out of him, "In my room! He asked you to come with you! HE ASKED! You said NO! And if-If you had gone, MAYBE HE'D STILL BE ALIVE!"

His mother's jaw dropped.

"Jaune, how could you-?!"

"You got him killed!" Jaune shouted, the tears falling freely now, "And now you're just a scared, bitter old woman who can't accept it!"

She slapped him. He was nearly knocked right off his feet, but he stayed standing. He looked up, his face grim. His anger just solidified into a hard ball in his chest.

His mother was crying, guilt and hurt on her face. Her hand trembled. She reached out again.

"J-Jaune, wait, please, I didn't mean to-!"

He turned and ran. Right up the stairs. He grabbed his backpack and shouldered it. He threw open the window and leaped out, landing roughly just before his mother could burst into the room. He started running.

"JAUNE! JAUNE, WAIT! I'M SORRY!" He could hear his mother crying out from the window, "PLEASE! JAUNE!"

He stormed off into the night. And he didn't look back...

Coming soon.

Going to be honest, If I were in Jaune's shoes, I would have permanently disowned her.

Looking forward to volume 2.

Yang: "You really went after the old, hot blonde when you could have had the YOUNG hot blonde?!"

Also, you think Yang would get detention for calling Goodwitch Christmas cake?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back