• The site has now migrated to Xenforo 2. If you see any issues with the forum operation, please post them in the feedback thread.
  • Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
  • For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
  • Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
  • Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
  • The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.

[RWBY] RWBY Shorts

Random idea:

Nick and Isabel die and Jaune is subsequently taken in and raised by one of his sisters in a variety of different universes.

What is each Jaune like after having been raised by one of his sisters?

I'm most excited for Aqua!Jaune, who is raised by Aqua, Kazuna and his party, and Tanya!Jaune, who is raised by Tanya and her PMC.

Oddly enough, Tanya is a loving and overprotective mother.

Not bad. He could also be raised by Nana Arturia and Papa Shirou... Or, since Lilac is based on Belldandy, he'd have his Aunties Urd and Skuld too!

Last edited:
I'm most excited for Aqua!Jaune, who is raised by Aqua, Kazuna and his party, and Tanya!Jaune, who is raised by Tanya and her PMC.
.Jaune Arc is 12 years old. He smokes, drinks, can out con a career criminal, and can talk circles around a schnee lawyer.

All skills and habits he has developed to keep himself, his sister, and her party of idiots alive and out of prison.

At some point, Pyrrha has to shoot a pilot for a reality show starring her. And she ropes RWBY and JNPR into it.

Pyrrha: "Let me make this clear: This needs to be a disaster. So that I don't have to do this ever again."

Jaune: "Nonono! No you don't! You do NOT want this to be a disaster because that will be entertaining! We want this to be BORING! As boring as possible!"

Yang: "Weiss! Start talking about wines!"

Weiss: "Wha-That is NOT boring!"

Jaune: "It kind of is when you talk about it."

Weiss: gapes

Jaune: Wince "Sorry, I blame my upbringing."

Pyrrha: "No! No, keep talking about wine! The more boring the better!"

Weiss: "You too?!"

Pyrrha: Damn right me too! That'll teach you to mistreat my man!

Last edited:
At some point, Pyrrha has to shoot a pilot for a reality show starring her. And she ropes RWBY and JNPR into it.

Pyrrha: "Let me make this clear: This needs to be a disaster. So that I don't have to do this ever again."

Jaune: "Nonono! No you don't! You do NOT want this to be a disaster because that will be entertaining! We want this to be BORING! As boring as possible!"

Willow sees the episode and ends up flying there to correct Weiss terrible and boring wine opinions.

Ends up getting her own show "day drinking with willow"

It's half good advice about what not to do if you want to be happy and good discussions about wine and half a chance to shit talk her husband.

Jacque wants it cancelled so bad but unfortunately it is both filmed in a different kingdom and makes a shit ton in merch sales so the producers are fully willing to tell him to piss off. The fact that they also happen to be faunus is completely unrelated.

.Jaune Arc is 12 years old. He smokes, drinks, can out con a career criminal, and can talk circles around a schnee lawyer.

All skills and habits he has developed to keep himself, his sister, and her party of idiots alive and out of prison.
> Conversely, the need to be good mother to Jaune and how much she loves her baby brother causes her benevolent, serious Goddess side to become dominant.
> Aqua is still obnoxious, but she's the most sane and levelheaded of the party aside from Kazuma.
> And then she comes to realize how much allowing these personality traits of hers to be dominant improves her life, and it becomes permanent.
> Not that she doesn't goof off and have fun, she just knows there's a time and place.
> Aqua makes Jaune her High Priest/Champion and gives him a medieval Pope/Deacon outfit to match. :V

Last edited:
> Conversely, the need to be good mother to Jaune and how much she loves her baby brother causes her benevolent, serious Goddess side to become dominant.
> Aqua is still obnoxious, but she's the most sane and levelheaded of the party aside from Kazuma.
> And then she comes to realize how much allowing these personality traits of hers to be dominant improves her life, and it becomes permanent.
> Not that she doesn't goof off and have fun, she just knows there's a time and place.
> Aqua makes Jaune her High Priest/Champion and gives him a medieval Pope/Deacon outfit to match. :V

Counterpoint, she gifts him a paladin armor set.

I wonder... With all this extended family that includes Arthoria, how would she react to Rusted Knight Jaune if they met?

"MEEEEEEEERLIIIIIIIIIIN!"

"No Wart wait it wasn't my fault no not the ahoge-"

Because everything is, as always, Merlin's fault.

And somehow, Shirou hears Kotomine laughing.

. . . . . DNF releasing in that version with super asshole Duke was a mistake. Duke Nukem 1, 2, 3d, Manhattan project, Bulletstorm Duke Tour give a MUCH better characterization of Duke. Duke is somen Love Letter to a combination of a Guy with '80ties action hero characteristics , with James Bond charisma and EGO to match without being too much of an asshole about it.
that's a common problem with modern remake of old good/decent games. the game developers don't really care about the game, only about the money and if the game developers does care about the game than their bosses still only care about the money, either way a good game get ruined. I mean just look at what they did to command & conquer, commandos, dungeon keeper and star wars battlefield or even army men. And do you know the sad thing about this? some of the remakes are of games so old that people don't even know about or remember the original game, they think the remake is the original, so they don't know how bad it really is.

Last edited:
Ideas:
Jaune becomes a villain/criminal therapist by accident.
Jaune becomes a doctor as his mom wanted, but in order to be a huntsman he speed runs it become if one of the best. So his mom can't complain.
One of his children goes back in time.
Uncle Merlin who encourages harem route.
Why Jaune doesn't use nun chucks, he becomes like Jackie Chan.
Jaune vs chicken like in family guy
Why Jaune wears a onesie and converts the rest of Rwby, and jnpr to covert.
Accident starts a religion.
Accidentally joining a pyramid scheme.
Why jaune doesn't use a trident. Acts like posiden from record of ragnorok.
Why Jaune where's contacts instead of glasses. Because his family told him to because he looked to hot.
Jaune gets challenged to a shokugeki.
Jaune's semblance is to strong, and ales women look younger. Mother arc has to fight to protect her son from all the cougars.
Why Jaune doesn't use a whip. Goes either Indiana jones, or Trevor Belmont.
Why Jaune doesn't use a cane either from Roman for a super thief, or Ozpin for a super mastermind who is really mysterious and no one can figure out what he is planning.
A semblance that rule 63 Rwby, and rnjr, or just Jaune.

Ideas:
Jaune becomes a villain/criminal therapist by accident.
Jaune becomes a doctor as his mom wanted, but in order to be a huntsman he speed runs it become if one of the best. So his mom can't complain.
One of his children goes back in time.
Uncle Merlin who encourages harem route.
Why Jaune doesn't use nun chucks, he becomes like Jackie Chan.
Jaune vs chicken like in family guy
Why Jaune wears a onesie and converts the rest of Rwby, and jnpr to covert.
Accident starts a religion.
Accidentally joining a pyramid scheme.
Why jaune doesn't use a trident. Acts like posiden from record of ragnorok.
Why Jaune where's contacts instead of glasses. Because his family told him to because he looked to hot.
Jaune gets challenged to a shokugeki.
Jaune's semblance is to strong, and ales women look younger. Mother arc has to fight to protect her son from all the cougars.
Why Jaune doesn't use a whip. Goes either Indiana jones, or Trevor Belmont.
Why Jaune doesn't use a cane either from Roman for a super thief, or Ozpin for a super mastermind who is really mysterious and no one can figure out what he is planning.
A semblance that rule 63 Rwby, and rnjr, or just Jaune.
i see your ideas and raise you:
there are no therapist for hunters, Jaune didn't become a hunter, instead he's civilian therapist, who runs in the rest of the casts one way or another and gives them therapy.
People don't know he's a Certified Doctor, until he uses those skills, and She still complains.
It wasn't the first time this had happened to an Arc and it won't be the last. either way the Arc know how to deal with it.
Are we talking Sword In The Stone Merlin or some other Merlin? or maybe some crazy guy who thinks he's Merlin.
Bruce Lee, not Jackie Chan.
Blake vs. chicken guy.
Rwby+npr already have onesie, their too embarrassed to let other people know. or Rwby+npr are already apart of the covert and thing that Jaune is also.
Accident joins a cult and becomes it's leader, again.
Accidentally starts a pyramid scheme.
Acts like Poseidon form Epic.
They were lying, he look better with glasses, they're just tried of beating woman of him with a sword.
Jaune has no idea what that is and thinks he's been challenged to duel (swords, guns or fists) to the death, again.
- i got nothing.
He becomes The Whip.
He becomes a super thief/mastermind that looks and acts like Charlie Chaplin.
- i got nothing

Not bad. He could also be raised by Nana Arturia and Papa Shirou... Or, since Lilac is based on Belldandy, he'd have his Aunties Urd and Skuld too!
Idea for the Jaune's Parents Die and He's Raised by His Sisters in Different Universes Idea.

> In the Universe wherein he's raised by very elderly expies of Shirou and Artoria, the two of them decide to take whatever thing allows the Gilgamesh Expy to remain eternally young so that they can raise Jaune without the latter having to go through his parental figures dying again possibly.
> This consequently means they are returned to their prime with all of the experience of their many decades backing them up this time.

I wonder what profound ripples this would have as long as we make it a staple that they don't do nothing for the sake of there still being a plot, which is out of character and stupid in my opinion.

Last edited:
Ideas

- What if there were some survivors on Remnant after the d*ckhead brother gods wiped out all of humanity, with their group surviving long enough to where humanity re-evolved or was re-created (presumably by the d*ckhead brother gods) on Remnant?
Ozpin and Salem may not even know about it because they deliberately hid themselves from the two who were involved in causing the apocalypse, perhaps for a fear that they might cause another one.
Some characters are descendent from those survivors having to survive an Apocalypse and post-apocalypse, possibly without any of the magic they relied on before, and all their modern day descendents will likely have forgotten (almost) all of this, with only some vague stories or legends remaining.
Some possibles are the Arc clan/family (which could explain their unusually strong Semblances and large amount of aura), the Schnee family (who's very versatile family Semblance is pretty close to magic), a possible origin for the Silver Eyes (being created with as a final tool of survival with the last bits of real magic they had left).
.... Anyone else get the feeling that this is an excuses to bring Sir Bearington and Hugh Mann to the world of rwby?
not that I'm complaining mind you, but still.

Idea for the Jaune's Parents Die and He's Raised by His Sisters in Different Universes Idea.

> In the Universe wherein he's raised by very elderly expies of Shirou and Artoria, the two of them decide to take whatever thing allows the Gilgamesh Expy to remain eternally young so that they can raise Jaune without the latter having to go through his parental figures dying again possibly.
> This consequently means they are returned to their prime with all of the experience of their many decades backing them up this time.

I wonder what profound ripples this would have as long as we make it a staple that they don't do nothing for the sake of there still being a plot, which is out of character and stupid in my opinion.

well its more that they are ignorant of the plot

Well the idea there an Isekai/ Reborn Artoria and Shirou that found themselves in a deathworld [hell in fate vampires are aliens and they can't get rid of them so the grimm is just more wide spread] and they ended a great war and helped with the 4 academies, turning a kingdom into Vale and retired had kids and grandkids thinking everything was generally ok
next bit just a headcannon that fixes RWBY bad writing Salem did build up an organization or teams that got wiped out by team STRQ justifying why she changed tactics which throw Ozpin off as she copied him with a small but replaceable elite team
And Shirou and Artoria don't know about Salem, the brother gods being real[fate gods are dicks though so thats no surprise] or the Maidens being waking loot drops [Oz wtf make it last loved one in there head or like minded soul] so ya throw out canon and use it for spare bits and pieces, most of us do

Merlin pulling a Magi*Mari on Ozpin from Radian would be hilarious, not to mention Mordred tracking Arturia down from across dimensions.

Arturia: "Who could it be at this hour - Sir Mordred?!"
Mordred: "Father, fight me!"

Mordred: "And who are you punks supposed to be?"
Jaune: "We're Nana's grandkids!"
Mordred: "Grand....grandchi....Why?! Why was I never acknowledged when-"
Arturia: "You're their aunt!"
Mordred: "Wha...but I'm your son! I can't be an aunt!"
Arturia: "You can be both my son and an aunt; I will allow it."

And Shirou and Artoria don't know about Salem, the brother gods being real[fate gods are dicks though so thats no surprise] or the Maidens being waking loot drops [Oz wtf make it last loved one in there head or like minded soul] so ya throw out canon and use it for spare bits and pieces, most of us do

The idea of Raven just running into monsters like Arturia, Cu or Gilgamesh is just amusing at all levels. Saber can flat-out tank her Maiden powers, Cu has his own bullshit, and the moment Raven so much as glances in Gil's direction, she dies.

Ozpin having to deal with these monsters running around and upending his plans is just amusing at all levels. Imagine trying to recruit Kid Gil.

Gilgamesh: "FUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! One crow believes himself a falcon yet is no more than his master's dog, the other raven believes herself to be a roc when in truth she is naught but a carrion bird! Truly, this garden is rife with amusement! Rejoice, mongrel. The king has deemed you amusing enough to live!"

Jaune's Last Resort
Jaune was terrified. He knew the consequences of his actions would be dire, but he had no other choice. The fate of his future depended on it. Sure he may suffer in the short term but if he didn't, then he'd only suffer in the future. Therefore he had no choice.

He turned to stare at the accursed Scroll. A familiar number on the screen just begging to be pressed. Like a temptress calling him to his doom. A shiver ran down his spine as he imagined what the witch would do to him. If he pressed that button and summoned the devil, then no one, not even his eighth sister would be able to rescue him from her wrath. But he had no choice.

For a moment he wondered if he should find another to call upon before he shook his head. The other sister witches would be even worse and the coffee huntress? Jaune shuddered to even think of what she'd do to him if she got the chance. No, he had no other choice.

With a deep breath, Jaune hardened his bleeding heart and pressed the accursed button. The scroll barely hummed once before it was picked up and the voice of the devil sister came through.

"JAUNE! MY SWEET, ADORABLE, HUGGABLE, AND TOTALLY DEAD BABY BROTHER! What do you need help with?" Jaune shuddered at her forcefully cheerful tone. She was planning something, something that while he certainly deserved it, he was most certainly terrified of.

"Hey Saph… So uh…" he gulped "I kinda need your help with-" another terrified gulp "with-" he paused as tried to regain his nerves. His sister remained silent, waiting patiently for him to finish. He could already feel the malice coming off her through the phone. 'Might as well' he thought to himself before finally sighing.

"I need your help buying new clothes." He finished rapidly. He waited, in silence for her response. 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds passed before he heard something.

"YEEESSSSSS!!!""""

An ear piercing scream erupted from the scroll, causing Jaune to cover his ears in pain.

"Oh this is gonna be great! I should call the others. Ohh we could all go over and visit while we're shopping. And I get to meet your te-"

"SAPH!" Jaune cut her off. "You guys can't meet my team! And what about mom and dad? And the travel costs? I just need your help really, and please don't tell the others." He pleaded desperately, but as Jaune looked at her wonderful sister, all he felt was dread at the sight of the smirk on her face.

"Perhaps little brother, you should have thought of that before scaring us half to death."See you soon baby bro!" And with a taunting kiss, she ended the call. Leaving Jaune alone to wallow in his despair. His entire family was coming… and his sisters were coming with a vengeance. He had underestimated the effect he had with leaving and he was screwed because of it.

With a deep sigh, Jaune stood up and went to his desk, pulling out a sheet of paper and writing upon it, his last will and testament. Because he knew all too well there was no way he was going to survive.

Brother's help him.
——-

Edit: feel free to continue it. My idea was to have his sisters take their vengeance by using Jaune as a dress up doll, and drag his team along with to do it. (Ren may get caught in the crossfire because Nora. RWBY and CFVY (or rather Coco and Velvet) also come along because Coco has a 6th sense for shopping sprees.

Edit edit: more funny stuff would be they punish him further by dressing him up in a dress along with wigs and Jaune just decides to go with it because he may as well have fun with it since he can't oppose his sisters. Revealing his skill with hairstyles and makeup.

Edit edit edit: even more funny would be Neptune hitting on Jaune 😂

Oh btw, the eight sister is Terra. and coffee huntress should be pretty obvious.

Last edited:

To traumatize Aqua, Jaune is actually a devoted Eris-worshiper, and she regards him as fondly as she does Kazuma.

To top it off, he gets magic lessons from fellow airhead Wiz and somehow manages to get a familiar contract with Vanir.

Holy Bun: The Redo
- - -

Everything went black as the Grimm closed in... She heard Cardin screaming her name, saw his terrified face as the darkness enveloped her...

And a second later, she felt someone tugging on her ear. She yelped in shock and pain, and looked around desperately.

Beacon? Beacon's cafeteria?! She thought in disbelief. She could see so many friends, so many gone for so long. Coco staring in anger, Daichi frowning, Fox scowling...

Another tug on her ear, and raucous laughter filled the air. Familiar laughter.

"Well well, so they are real!"

Velvet turned and looked up, eyes going wide. There was Cardin. Young, unscarred, and grinning nastily.

It hadn't been the most auspicious first meeting for both of them. He'd worked really hard to earn her forgiveness, and then love...

How... Am I hallucinating? Velvet thought in disbelief. Another painful tug, and she winced.

No... No... This is real... It... It's real... But how...?

She looked up into Cardin's face, her eyes now streaming tears. Cardin laughed cruelly again.

"So, you're just a freak, aren't you?"

This... This is REAL.

THIS.

IS.

REAL!

Velvet laughed loudly. She leaped up into Cardin's arms and kissed the surprised bully. She held onto him for dear life, relishing his warmth and familiar body.

"Mmmm~... I love you~," she crooned.

"Uh... Um... W-What?" Cardin stuttered, completely thrown by the turnaround.

"Let's get married!" Velvet cried in her joy.

"WHAT?!"

"SCREW IT! I'M NOT WASTING THIS SECOND CHANCE! LET'S JUST MAKE BABIES! NOW!"

"WHAAAAAT?!"

"Huh," Jaune Arc observed from nearby, "Why didn't I think of that?"

Jaune was terrified. He knew the consequences of his actions would be dire, but he had no other choice. The fate of his future depended on it. Sure he may suffer in the short term but if he didn't, then he'd only suffer in the future. Therefore he had no choice.

He turned to stare at the accursed Scroll. A familiar number on the screen just begging to be pressed. Like a temptress calling him to his doom. A shiver ran down his spine as he imagined what the witch would do to him. If he pressed that button and summoned the devil, then no one, not even his eighth sister would be able to rescue him from her wrath. But he had no choice.

For a moment he wondered if he should find another to call upon before he shook his head. The other sister witches would be even worse and the coffee huntress? Jaune shuddered to even think of what she'd do to him if she got the chance. No, he had no other choice.

With a deep breath, Jaune hardened his bleeding heart and pressed the accursed button. The scroll barely hummed once before it was picked up and the voice of the devil sister came through.

"JAUNE! MY SWEET, ADORABLE, HUGGABLE, AND TOTALLY DEAD BABY BROTHER! What do you need help with?" Jaune shuddered at her forcefully cheerful tone. She was planning something, something that while he certainly deserved it, he was most certainly terrified of.

"Hey Saph… So uh…" he gulped "I kinda need your help with-" another terrified gulp "with-" he paused as tried to regain his nerves. His sister remained silent, waiting patiently for him to finish. He could already feel the malice coming off her through the phone. 'Might as well' he thought to himself before finally sighing.

"I need your help buying new clothes." He finished rapidly. He waited, in silence for her response. 1 second, 2 seconds, 5 seconds passed before he heard something.

"YEEESSSSSS!!!""""

An ear piercing scream erupted from the scroll, causing Jaune to cover his ears in pain.

"Oh this is gonna be great! I should call the others. Ohh we could all go over and visit while we're shopping. And I get to meet your te-"

"SAPH!" Jaune cut her off. "You guys can't meet my team! And what about mom and dad? And the travel costs? I just need your help really, and please don't tell the others." He pleaded desperately, but as Jaune looked at her wonderful sister, all he felt was dread at the sight of the smirk on her face.

"Perhaps little brother, you should have thought of that before scaring us half to death."See you soon baby bro!" And with a taunting kiss, she ended the call. Leaving Jaune alone to wallow in his despair. His entire family was coming… and his sisters were coming with a vengeance. He had underestimated the effect he had with leaving and he was screwed because of it.

With a deep sigh, Jaune stood up and went to his desk, pulling out a sheet of paper and writing upon it, his last will and testament. Because he knew all too well there was no way he was going to survive.

Brother's help him.
——-

Edit: feel free to continue it. My idea was to have his sisters take their vengeance by using Jaune as a dress up doll, and drag his team along with to do it. (Ren may get caught in the crossfire because Nora. RWBY and CFVY (or rather Coco and Velvet) also come along because Coco has a 6th sense for shopping sprees.

Edit edit: more funny stuff would be they punish him further by dressing him up in a dress along with wigs and Jaune just decides to go with it because he may as well have fun with it since he can't oppose his sisters. Revealing his skill with hairstyles and makeup.

Edit edit edit: even more funny would be Neptune hitting on Jaune 😂

Oh btw, the eight sister is Terra. and coffee huntress should be pretty obvious.

By the end, Jaune ends up with Ren and Nora as adopted siblings, Jaune's mom notices a few of his friends who are interested/ has a crush on her son.

Jaune and his father have a heartfelt discussion and reveals the real reason they never trained him.

Weiss just gets a tad bit scared of the Arc sisters but whom also apologize for being the reason Jaune is so dense (along with their father) and she nearly faints when she learns the Arc family is loosely connected to royalty (or directly, whichever you want).

Blake learns Jaune's parents used to be part of the White Fang under her father's leadership before leaving to raise a family.

Jaune's parents have some words with Ozpin about letting an aura less civilian into Beacon. (He didn't know he had his aura locked still)

Pyrrha gets encouragement from Jaune's mother. So does Ruby and Velvet. Pyrrha also pays for all of Jaune's new clothes. Keying his sisters into the truth but Jaune remains clueless and continues to thank his partner and how he'd be nothing without her.

Yang gets along great with the Arc sisters and is totally not jealous, nope not at all.

Last edited:
Ok so.

Jaunes sisters always babied their brother a little bit. Sure they dressed him up and stuff but they really love the goofball.

So when Jaune said he wanted to be a huntsmen even though he had no training his sisters had to come together.

They knew their favorite dumbass would somehow try to get into a school and they didn't want to risk him failing, or worse getting in then getting hurt because he's under trained.

Their solution?

Jaunes sisters all come together looking their resources, connections, and talents to make their own huntsmen academy. With Jaune just so happening to get a automatic acceptance.

Welcome to Radian Radiant Rearguard Huntsmen Academy.

To traumatize Aqua, Jaune is actually a devoted Eris-worshiper, and she regards him as fondly as she does Kazuma.

To top it off, he gets magic lessons from fellow airhead Wiz and somehow manages to get a familiar contract with Vanir.

Aqua: "Kazuma, Kazuma-"
Kazuma: "Yes, I'm Kazuma."
Aqua: *blubbering* "My own little brother doesn't believe I'm a goddess and he's converted to Pads-Her-Chest Eris! He...he snickered when I told him I'm a goddess! I'm a goddess!"
Kazuma: *snickers*
Aqua: "AAAAAAA-"

Aqua: "No..."
Jaune: "Meet my familiar, sis!"
Vanir: "Hahahahahaaaa! Yes, foolish goddess who warded the wrong door! I, Vanir, have contracted with this fine young man as his familiar!"
Aqua: "AAAAAAAA-"

I just got an idea!!!!!
Have any of you heard of the 77th Infantry Division aka The Old Bastards? Ok, to summarize in world war 2 America form a military unit of full of old men (age 30 to 40) and they whooped everyone's ass, to the point that the Japanese, who were known to choose death over surrender, would rather surrender than fight them.
So what if beacon doesn't have a cut-of age. Jaune attends beacon, when he's older (mid to late 30's), the rest of the cast is same age as before. This Jaune has a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks, and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the shit kicked out of him, he still has no training as a hunter, but he won't need any disciplinary or life lessons handed out to him. After initiation this mid to late 30 years old is placed in a team of 18 years old. Maybe his teammate listen to him maybe they don't, could be the same team as before, could be different doesn't matter, but what matters is the rest of beacon jokes about him, Yang likes to tease the 'old man', Weiss makes polite but backhanded comments about him and so on. Then they spar against him, those student their young, they see 'old man' and they think have this fight in the bag, the have no plan, their just leeroy jenkining in the fight. Now Jaune, he older, he calmer, he plan thinks through, he may not have the skills of a hunter, but he knows how to fight, he has the skills from living in the real world and having a job and if he doesn't whoops their asses, than he makes them work for a victory. endpoint people learn to fear the old man in a profession where men die young.

Edit: ok, i'm back with bit more details. This Jaune didn't have to fake his transcript to get into beacon, he knows that as long as he passes the initiation he's in.
Cardin still tries to bully Jaune, this time due to him being 'an old man', but Jaune no-shells them. He's used to workplace pranks, compare to them Cardin's attempt are nothing.

Last edited:

The whole thing turns into a wine tour across the Kingdom of Vale, and culminates in Jaune's hometown of Radian with Weiss & Pyrrha making drunken confessions which nearly degenerates into a aura powered cat fight, but Isabel starts drinking and well......

Hilariously enough, their insistence on trying not to be interesting backfires and causes them to quickly rise to number 1 in rankings.

Much to Pyrrha's chagrin a Fanclub is quickly formed over Jaune. (The fact that she is the president is a secret of course and she does not like that the members are starting to fawn over Jaune and spread lies that she doesn't deserve him. In the same vein she absolutely despises her own fan club because they all hate Jaune.)

Ren and Nora have a conjoined fan club named Thunder Lotus warriors.

The Arc Sisters; School Play
isabel: alright Tanya you should be all better.

Tanya: thank you, mother. *exits "the house sick bed"

Isabel: Good luck with rehearsal

Tanya: * freezes*. What. Rehearsal.

Isabel: Why the rehearsal for Cinderella of course! You'll make a perfect Cinderella! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Tanya: *twitches* (oh they are deadmeat!)

*At the rehearsal location*

Tanya: I CALL IN SICK FOR ONE FUCKING DAY! ONE. DAY! AND YOU INGRATES HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CAST ME AS A FAIRY TALE PRINCESS!?! AND NOT EVEN THE ONE WHO GETS A SWORD?!?

Verdy: N-Now T-t-tanya, you know we can't trust you with sharp objects anymore… but i got the prince role so… at least some stranger won't be trying to kiss you.

Tanya: WHO PUT ME UP TO THIS!?!

Orchid: I did!

Tanya: *grabs Orchid cheeks and pulls with all her strength*

Verdy: TANYA! Please! Peace, over violence! Remner what dad always said!

Completely taken from this. Thanks to Grimjack, and thanks to B-Town of spacebattles for reminding me to always give credit

Last edited:
Sanctuary 2
- - -

The man in black with redhair stood over her. She screamed in pain, the stump where her right arm was bleeding and burning with agony. She scooted back away from the man as he advanced, his red katana gleaming ominously.

"Time to finish what I started," he hissed. He held the sword up, brought it down upon her-

"AAAHHH! AAHHH! AAAAHHH!"

Strong arms held her shoulders against a bed as she thrashed. She opened her eyes, frantically looking around as a woman spoke to her.

"Calm down! Calm down! It's all right, it's all right, you're safe, you're safe..."

Yang Xiao-Long looked into blue eyes. They were kindly and compassionate, outlined by black framed glasses. She took deep breaths, her chest heaving as her heart threatened to beat right out.

"That's right, that's right, calm, calm," the woman said softly, "You're safe, you're safe."

The panic slowly subsided. She managed to focus her eyes as her heartrate slowed.

She was in a warm room, covered in red wood paneling. A large window, covered in blinds, was to her left. She was in a hospital bed, with several beeping machines on either side of her. The woman was older, curvy, but beautiful. Her light golden hair was tied in a bun. She wore green scrubs underneath a white labcoat. Her chin was pointed, her lips red, and her cheeks rather round with light freckles from the sun scattered across them.

She looked a few inches shorter than Yang, but her grip was so strong Yang couldn't even think of breaking free.

Then again, she thought, the ghostly feeling of nothing under her right shoulder, I... I'm not exactly in good shape myself...

The thought made something inside her break. Tears began to pour from her eyes. She clutched at her stump with her remaining hand, as sobs began to tear their way out of her throat.

The woman wrapped her strong arms around her, and hugged her tightly. She stroked her back, then rubbed circles into her shoulders.

"It's all right, it's all right," the woman murmured, "It's all right, I'm right here. You're safe..."

"... R-Ruby?" Yang gasped between sobs.

"She's safe, she's all right," the woman said, "Jaune got you, her, and a few others here. You're all going to be all right, I promise."

"Where... Where's here...?" Yang whispered.

The woman smiled against Yang's forehead.

"Radian, Gallia Province. North Sanus."

She held Yang as she cried, comforting her. It might have been drugs, it might have been the emotional exhaustion, but Yang slipped back into unconsciousness.

At the very least, she didn't have any bad dreams this time around.

She woke up some time later. The blinds had been opened, and sunlight streamed in. She blinked back against the glare, and her eyes slowly adjusted. Again, her hand went to her stump. Her heartrate skyrocketed again but she forced herself to calm. She breathed again and again, as deep as she could. She grit her teeth huffing and puffing through her nostrils.

C-Calm... Calm... Calm... Calm...

"Yang?!"

Yang opened her eyes. She looked at the open door. A small form in a blue sundress and ill matching black boots stood there with wide silver eyes and short black hair with red tips.

"Ruby!"

Ruby sobbed, and practically tackled Yang in her hug. Yang wrapped her arm around her, tears pouring down her cheeks. Ruby was ugly crying, loudly sobbing into her hospital gown.

"Y-You were so pale--I-I couldn't hear your heartbeat and-!"

She broke down into incoherent sobs, but all were very thankful and relieved. Yang hugged her little sister tighter, resting her chin on the top of her head as she cried too.

"It's okay, it's okay... It's okay... A-Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

Ruby looked up and shook her head. She glanced over at Yang's stump, and winced. She buried her face in Yang's chest and sobbed again. Yang sniffled, but held her tightly.

"It's okay... I-It's okay," she managed, her voice choked with emotion.

The two sisters cried for a time. Yang didn't really know how long, but Ruby finally pulled herself together long enough to look up into Yang's eyes.

"I-I'm sorry... I'm sorry, I... I should have-"

As painful as it was... Old instincts came to Yang. She shook her head.

"This isn't your fault, Ruby," Yang said firmly, "O-Okay? This-This isn't your fault..."

"I... I could have... I should have..." Ruby whimpered.

"It isn't. Your. Fault," Yang said firmly, even as her voice wavered, "It isn't... It isn't, okay?"

Ruby still whimpered and hid her face in Yang's chest again. Yang found her fingers going through her short hair, just as she'd comforted her little sister when she was much younger.

"It's okay, it's okay," she whispered. "It's okay..."

"Hello? Can I come in?"

Yang and Ruby looked back at the entrance. The blonde woman from before stood there, smiling gently.

"S-Sure," Yang managed. Ruby smiled and looked up at Yang.

"Th-This is Isabel Arc. Um, Doctor Isabel Arc," she said, "Jaune's mom."

Yang's eyes bugged out as the older woman walked in and began to check on the various machines plugged into her hospital bed.

"Y-You're Vomit Boy-Um, I-I mean, Jaune's mom?"

"Guilty as charged," Isabel said wryly, taking Yang's remaining wrist and checking her pulse. She then shined a penlight in her eyes. "Good, good... May I check your injury?"

Yang winced, but managed a nod. Isabel kept her eyes locked on hers, a kind, gentle smile on her face.

"It's all right, I'm just going to examine it," she said softly. She pulled up the sleeve, and ran her hands over the bandages that wrapped the base up. She sighed softly as she pulled some up, and checked the stump itself.

"Good, good... No infection," she said, "It's healing properly. We'll be able to attach the prosthetic properly."

"Prosthetic?" Yang asked, shocked. Isabel nodded with a small smile.

"Yes. We're relatively close to Atlas, so we get good rates on Hunter and Military-rated prosthetics. The neural interfaces take some getting used to... But you'll adjust, and be back to 100 percent."

Isabel nodded and squeezed Yang's other hand.

"I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear right now. And it will take time to heal in... Other ways..."

Yang winced. Isabel reached up and squeezed Yang's shoulder.

"But I promise... You're going to be okay again," Isabel said softly. "Okay?"

Yang looked down at Ruby. She managed a nod.

"O-Okay," Yang whispered.

"You-You mean it?" Ruby asked. Isabel again smiled warmly, and reached down to rub Ruby's head. For a moment, Yang saw another woman in her place. A redhead with silver eyes and different features, but the same kind, maternal warmth radiating from her.

"I mean it," Isabel said quietly. "Now... Do you feel up to another visitor? He's been very anxious since he brought you all in."

Ruby gave Yang a pleading look. Yang managed a slow nod.

"I... Sure," she murmured.

"Come on in, Jaune!" Isabel called. A moment later, a tall blond young man walked in.

For a moment, Yang was confused.

"Jaune?" She asked quietly.

The young man looked... Different. He wore a long brown coat over his armor and jeans, but his sneakers were replaced with muddy boots. His face was covered in thin stubble. There were bags under his eyes... Eyes that looked so hard for a moment.

Then, relief flooded his features.

"Yang? Y-You okay?"

He walked over to stand at her side. Yang managed a slow nod.

"I... As much as... Yeah," she finally decided on. "Mmph!"

Isabel shoved a straw into her mouth, a straw attached to a water bottle.

"Sip, sip, sip," Isabel ordered, and Yang obeyed. Ruby scooted out from under her arms to stand by Jaune. "Good, good... You're being hydrated by the saline but the old-fashioned way is best. You'll be getting meals from now on and you're going to eat everything you get, understood?"

"Mmph... Y-Yeah," Yang agreed, after sipping the entire bottle down, "How long was I out?"

"A week," Jaune said grimly. Ruby sniffled, and Jaune wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Ruby barely left your side when she woke up."

Ruby flushed. Yang managed the tiniest of smiles at her little sister.

"The nurses will be bringing your food," Isabel said, sighing as she checked her watch, "We've got a lot more patients to look after."

She turned and hugged Jaune and Ruby tightly.

"Take it easy for a while you two," she ordered, "Or I'll find out and make you."

"B-But, Mom-" Jaune tried, but Isabel's steely glare shut him up.

"No excuses. For either of you," she stated. Ruby winced, but nodded.

"Y-Yes ma'am," she said weakly.

Isabel smiled, and strode out of the room. Jaune slowly walked to some chairs near the far wall, and dragged them to the side of Yang's bed. Ruby sat down in one, and Jaune took the other. Yang stared intently at Jaune, this feeling of disbelief still strong inside her.

"I... What happened, Jaune?" She asked. "How the hell did you get us all here?"

Jaune sucked in a breath, and rubbed his face. Ruby squeezed his other hand.

"Well... Pyrrha..." He paused for a moment. He gritted his teeth and didn't look her way.

"What... What happened to Pyrrha?" Yang asked. "What happened to everyone? What happened to Vale?!"

"Yang, I..." Ruby bowed her head and looked at the floor. Jaune forced himself to sit up straight and looked into her eyes.

"Beacon... Beacon was overrun by Grimm," Jaune continued, "Vale is... Vale is in bad shape. The CCTNet was hit pretty bad. We're getting reports from it sometimes, and the radio networks still work, but... It looks like at least half the city's been wiped out. The police, local militias and Hunters are being organized by the surviving members of the government and Professor Goodwitch. We're doing what we can, so are other provinces, but it's ugly."

Yang stared intently at him. Jaune shook his head.

"Pyrrha... Pyrrha went to fight Cinder on her own," Jaune continued slowly, as though he was trying to force the words out, "Shot me away in a rocket locker. I landed near the library. Some... Some of my friends from Radian had brought their own airship here to watch the Festival, and managed to get to me to lead us to where they'd landed. Nora and Ren met me, they'd fought their way with a few of the other students. We... We found you in the wreckage of the library with Blake. She'd bandaged your wounds as best she could, then handed you over to me before she ran off. I uh... I carried you to the Bullhead."

"I... I see," Yang murmured.

Jaune sucked in another breath. Ruby pressed her face into his shoulders and bit back a weak sob.

"Pyrrha... Pyrrha fought Cinder on the top of Beacon tower," Jaune said quietly, "But then a Grimm dragon broke out of Mount Axis, attacked the tower and..."

He bowed his head, before looking back up and staring right into Yang's soul.

"Pyrrha's dead. Cinder killed her," he muttered, his voice dead and empty of anything.

"Gods, Jaune," Yang breathed.

Jaune fell silent. Ruby hugged onto his arm, and he held her close, trying to comfort her.

"I... I saw her kill Pyrrha," Ruby whimpered. "I... S-Something happened, and... I-I blacked out..."

"The dragon turned to stone after that," Jaune took over quietly, "We managed to get to my friends' Bullhead. We crammed as many people as we could into it... Then your Uncle Qrow showed up and handed over Ruby. She was unconscious. He told us to take care of her, and he'd meet back up with us later."

"He-He has," Ruby said quietly, "He's helping us out. Dad's gonna come and visit soon."

"G-Good," Yang managed. Jaune nodded.

"Yeah..." Jaune took a deep, slow breath. "A-Anyway... Ren and Nora made it with us, along with Velvet, Cardin, and a few others from the other schools. Weiss got taken by her dad's people to Atlas. Blake... No idea where she is. I'm sorry."

Yang shut her eyes tightly and slowly shook her head.

"I... I'm sure she's all right," Yang muttered, but her heart wasn't in it. She was a little grateful to Blake but... Where did she go?

"Anyway... Um..." Jaune tried, "We've been working with the militia. My dad runs it here in Radian. We've been rebuilding the outer walls, taking in refugees, fighting Grimm... Ruby was sleeping at my family house."

"They uh, they loaned me this dress," Ruby mumbled.

"The outer walls?" Yang asked. Jaune nodded.

"Yeah. Uh, Radian... Radian used to be a lot bigger when it was the capital of Gallia. We've got the current walls but outside of those are the old walls which we stopped using. But there's a lot of ruined houses and fields for people to stay in, so we've been rebuilding the old walls and clearing out any Grimm. We've been getting a lot of refugees. The CCNet sabotage and the panic caused by Vytal caused a lot of Grimm attacks. We have't been the hardest hit but... It's rough."

"I see," Yang whispered. Jaune managed a small smile.

"It's going to be all right. I promise," he said.

She knew the look in his eyes. It was a look she was familiar with. One she'd seen on her face in the mirror, dozens, hundreds of times, when Mom died and Dad just... Checked out.

He was holding it together. He was hiding his pain, and his fatigue, all for the sake of everyone else.

"I..." Yang shakily reached out her hand to Jaune. He stared at it for a moment, as though not sure what to do. He then reached out and squeezed her hand.

"Thank you," Yang whispered. Jaune shook his head.

"Don't," he said quietly, "You-You don't have to-"

"I do," Yang insisted, her eyes flashing red for a moment, "I do."

Jaune met her gaze, then slowly nodded.

He squeezed her hand back, tightly.

"We're going to make it through this, I promise," he said.

He said it with such conviction. The same conviction that was in his mother's voice.

Despite how empty and wrung out she felt right now, it was like a little candle lit up inside her.

"I know," she murmured. "I know..."

- - -

Bit random, but... How would this work out? What would happen? How would these characters manage in this situation?

- - -

One week later...

Yang winced a bit as the neural cuff was slipped over her stump. It felt cold to her skin for a few moments, before the Atlasian technology shrank and tightened. She grunted as nerve connections were made, and grit her teeth as feeling emerged on her stump for the first time in weeks.

Doctor Isabel Arc checked the flat screens monitoring Yang's vitals, and checked over Yang herself. She smiled comfortingly as the morning sun through the window lit up her face.

"I know it hurts, but it's a good sign it does," Isabel said gently, "Means that the interface is working properly."

"Y-Yeah..." Yang managed, taking deep, calming breaths. "Haa... Haa... Haa... Where did you say you got this from?"

"Your Uncle Qrow dropped it off," Isabel explained, making some notes on a paper pad before looking back at Yang, "He then had to leave."

"I see," Yang sighed. Her shoulders drooped a little.

Isabel shook her head slowly.

"He and your father are fighting in Beacon right now. Trying to regain control."

Yang winced.

Great. Now I feel guilty...

"But," Isabel said, resting a hand on Yang's shoulder, "It is perfectly all right to be angry with them. You can't help your feelings, after all."

"I..." Yang nodded and sighed. "Yeah... I mean, it's not my eighth grade birthday party but... Still..."

Isabel squeezed her shoulder again with her ever present comforting smile.

"I know," she said quietly. There was a knock at the door, and both blondes looked towards the entrance to the hospital room. Jaune and Ruby stood there, Ruby looking very nervous while Jaune looked tired.

But then, he always did.

"We didn't miss it, did we?" Ruby asked in worry. Isabel shook her head.

"No. In fact, I'll need some help. Jaune!"

Jaune stood at attention. Looked like it was a reflex from having his mom bark at him for all these years.

"Yes Mom?"

"You're going to hold Yang's hand for this," Isabel ordered. Yang blinked incredulously but Jaune just nodded, walked over to her side, sat down, and held out his hand.

"Good. Ruby? Please hand me the rubber cylinder on the nurse's table over there," Isabel said, pointing to it. Ruby picked it up and carried it over to Isabel. She took it and sterilized it with a spray.

"You're going to help me by wiping sweat off your sister's forehead, and helping to keep her calm," Isabel ordered. Ruby nodded quickly, and dashed over to get some paper towels. Yang raised an eyebrow.

"You know... If you're trying to set me up with your son, there are less obvious ways," Yang managed. The joke made Jaune smile a bit as Ruby blushed.

"Yang!" Ruby growled.

Isabel smiled back. She turned, reached down, and opened a very secure looking case. It slid open with a hiss. She pulled out a yellow and black metallic arm, and set it on the small table between herself and Yang.

Yang felt an ominous chill. Isabel shook her head.

"We're just going to be making the initial hook up and calibrations so the arm will respond like your original," Isabel said calmly. "I can't use anesthetic because it will dull the responses. So... It's going to hurt."

Silence fell. Yang felt her heart pound. She sucked in a breath. She looked at Jaune. He was stone faced, but determined. His hand was still held out to her. Ruby bit her lower lip in worry.

I... I can do this... I can do this...

She took Jaune's hand, and slowly nodded to Doctor Arc.

"Okay... I'm ready."

Isabel nodded. She held up the cylinder to Yang's mouth. She opened up then bit down.

"Okay. Just try to stay as calm as possible..."

Yang nodded back.

She was ready. She was ready...

Several minutes later, she realized she was not ready.

"NNNNGH! GNNNGH-HNNNNGH!"

It took every ounce of her willpower to stay put. She was squeezing Jaune's hand like her life depended on it. Ruby had given up wiping up her sweat, and was holding down her shoulders as best she could.

The whole time, as Isabel knit flesh and metal, her voice was calm and even.

"You're doing great Yang, you're doing great... Just a few more left..."

Yang winced, holding back her Semblance with all her might. She shut her eyes, trying to hold back tears but it hurt so much!

Even losing the arm hadn't been this painful!

"Y-You're doing fine, Yang!" Ruby whimpered. She could feel her little sister's tears fall onto her face. She breathed hard through her gag, holding back the instinct to thrash and run with everything...!

Please... Please... Make it stop, make it stop just end JUST END...!

"Yang! YANG!"

Jaune's voice broke her focus for a moment. She looked at him fiercely, her eyes burning red. He stared back into her eyes, both of his hands around hers.

"You're doing great. You're going to get past this. Don't give up, we're right here, we're right here, don't give up...!"

Yang bit down on the gag harder... She forced her legs to stay still...!

"You can do it! You can do it! We're right here!" Jaune urged her on.

"You're okay, you're okay!" Ruby chanted with him, gripping her shoulders almost painfully.

Please end please endpleaseendpleasened-!

The pain stopped. An arm appeared in its place. Yang gasped as she dropped the gag, and breathed hard and deep. She saw Isabel smile kindly.

"I've never seen such a brave patient," Isabel complimented her. She tapped something on the arm, and it closed up. "Go ahead. Try it out."

Yang held up her new hand to her face. She turned her arm this way and that, studying it. She gaped in disbelief.

"It... It feels like... Like it's real," she murmured. Isabel nodded, and held out her hand.

"Let me do some tests first. I want to make sure the Aura Synch is operating properly."

Yang lowered her arm into Isabel's grasp. She poked and prodded it a bit, making Yang twitch and even jump.

"Ah!"

"All right, that's a sensitive part," Isabel murmured, tapping some commands into a computer, "There, that should be better."

She tapped the same spot.

"How's that?"

"It... It's fine," Yang murmured. Again she lifted her hand up and just stared. Isabel smiled warmly. Ruby wrapped her arms around Yang's neck in a hug from behind. Jaune squeezed her real hand comfortingly.

"It will take some getting used to, but like I said," Isabel stated, "You'll be back to 100 percent. This was the worst part... Pain wise, anyway."

"I-I..." Yang blinked back tears. "Thank you..."

She felt exhausted and sore as hell but... She also felt a little more whole.

"It's all right," Isabel said with a smile, "It's my job. You being my son's friends helped a lot though."

Jaune blushed.

"Mom!"

"Now now... Laughter can be the best medicine," Isabel chuckled. "Jaune? You should escort these ladies to the house. They need rest..."

She gave Jaune a stern stare.

"And so do you."

Jaune shook his head.

"I need to get back on patrol-"

"And they need a guide," Isabel stated firmly, "I can't spare anyone else."

Jaune looked at Ruby. She had her puppy dog eyes out. As for Yang, well... She could crush bricks with her fingers. The fact Jaune hadn't so much as flinched while holding her hand made her more kindly disposed towards him.

That and saving her and Ruby's lives, of course.

"All right," Jaune sighed.

"Wonderful!" Isabel said, clapping her hands together. "I'll get them ready, you get the carriage."

"Carriage?" Yang asked.

- - -

Twenty minutes later, Yang was sitting in the back of an old horse drawn carriage, Ruby clinging to her as they headed out of the Arc-En-Ciel Hospital. It really was a castle: She'd left her wheelchair and been loaded up in a courtyard, before Jaune had whipped the reins and made the chestnut mare hitched to it trot off.

They went through the tall wooden gates, and down a small hill on a paved road. It was here Yang got her first real look at Radian.

The entire town was encompassed by three rings of gray walls, with four gates at the cardinal points. The mountains loomed all around the town, beautiful and majestic. The town itself consisted of three main sections, like slices of a great pie graph: Red, Yellow, and Blue roofs, all radiating along four roads from a central roundabout.

Jaune took the carriage into the traffic circle, joining several other carriages and a few cars. In the center of the roundabout, standing tall on a pillar, was a statue of a woman wearing armor and wreathed in frozen flames. Yang looked up in curiosity. Something Ruby noticed and beamed at.

"Oh! That's a statue of Joan D'Arc! Jaune's ancestor! She killed the Witch Queen of Argus and liberated Gallia from her tyranny!"

"My direct ancestor," Jaune tossed back, eyes on the road.

"Wow," Yang murmured. She stared back at Jaune as he took a turn, heading down a road. He waved at townsfolk eating at an outside cafe, and they waved back. A few yelled his name in familiarity.

"Hey Jaune!"

"Good to see you, Jaune!"

Jaune nodded back politely, his hands tight on the reins. They kept going through a few rows of blue roofed buildings, ranging from shops to houses. That didn't last long, as soon they broke out into farm land. The green fields went in every direction, right up to the walls. They passed by cows lowing and grazing, and people working in the fields. Jaune waved to many of them, and most waved back.

It's like something out of a freaking fairy tale, Yang thought to herself, her eyes fixed on Jaune's shoulders.

It wasn't like she disliked Jaune, of course. He could be a fun, easy going guy. And a pretty nice dancer, too. She was also glad he was Ruby's best friend: He was reliable, kind, earnest, and just as dorky.

They just... They hadn't really talked much, had they? Despite all the opportunities to do so, Yang hadn't taken many to just... Get to know him.

And he carried me and Ruby to a Bullhead to save our lives,Yang thought, shame rearing its head. She squeezed her new mechanical fist.

I get my ass handed to me, maimed... Lose... And the dead last loser saves us all.

Self loathing filled her, as she bowed her head.

Some sister... Some friend I am... To anyone...

Ruby frowned, then squeezed her shoulder.

"H-Hey! Yang? We're here!"

Yang looked up. They had turned off the main road onto a dusty dirt drive. She glanced back: A rusty sign stood over the steel gates. They were cut out of the metal, and even backwards she read:

"ARCADIA FARM."

She turned her eyes forward. A large farmhouse soon came into view. It was pained in white with green shingles and roof that seemed to blend into the smattering of trees that surrounded it. A tower with a widow's walk dominated the front of the house, while the rest was fairly boxy but long. Opposing it was a large aluminum barn, and surrounding it was a partially paved staging area. A well tended garden ringed the structure, green foliage and colorful flowers helping to conceal the porch that girded the farmhouse.

Jaune brought the carriage to a stop, and smiled softly.

"Welcome to my home."

The front doors opened. A tall blond man with short hair and an impressive beard stepped out. He was dressed in a long brown duster, that covered up very thick, elaborate white and black armor. A gigantic twin-pronged sword hung from his back. He walked out, his tall boots making the porch creak. A few more men and women in militia battle armor, all wielding guns, followed after him. Jaune tensed up a bit as they came out.

"Dad," Jaune greeted.

"Son," Jaune's father returned with a tired but genuine smile, "Good to see you."

"You too," Jaune replied, stepping down out of the carriage after securing the reins. "Um... I'm dropping off my friends. Then, I'll go with you to the perimeter and-"

Jaune's father walked up and rested a large hand on his shoulder. He shook his head, as the rest of his men all stood at attention.

"The rest of your friends are in the house. I want you to take charge and rest here."

Jaune's eyes widened.

"What?! But you-!"

"We've gotten some reinforcements from Doremy," his father said, "I'm having all the students you brought with you stand down. You need the rest."

Jaune scowled.

"But Dad, we're not even that tired-!"

"Son," His father stated, a bit more firmly, "Am I or am I not the Captain of the Militia?"

Jaune ground his teeth a little, but nodded.

"You are."

"And you're to follow my orders?" He pressed.

"... Yes sir," Jaune managed tightly.

"Then follow them now," his father stated calmly, "You need rest."

He looked up to the two sisters and smiled.

"Hey! I'm Nick Arc, Jaune's dad! You must be Yang, Ruby's sister! It's great to meet you!"

"I uh, yes, thank you, sir," Yang managed awkwardly. Nick elbowed his son.

"Come on, Jaune. Remember your manners."

Jaune scowled, but nodded.

"Right, hang on..."

He held out his hand. Yang took it, and let him guide her down to the ground. He did the same for Ruby, though she jumped into his arms at the last minute. Nick got all their luggage out, and set it on the ground. He nodded in approval to his son.

"Rest up, Son. If we need you, we'll let you know. Promise."

"... Yeah, sure," Jaune sighed. Nick hugged him, and Jaune returned it. The militia members all looked respectful, though it was hard to tell much of anything given their tinted helmets.

"All right!" Nick barked. "Hop on! We're not burning Dust just to get back to the perimeter!"

Nick hopped into the carriage, taking the reins. The rest of the troops clambered in. One in green hopped up onto the horse, and sat side saddle.

"Tex, what are you doing?" Nick asked wearily.

"Being lady like," the woman in armor replied.

"That'll be a first!" One of the men in the back laughed. Nick shook his head and whipped the reins.

"YAH!"

The horse pulled the carriage slowly, turned, and headed back down the farm drive. Jaune, Yang and Ruby watched them go. Jaune then sighed, and hefted up the luggage.

"Well... Let's get you guys inside, huh?"

"Yeah, sure," Yang managed. She shook her head as Ruby helped guide her to the front doors of the house. She noted the tension in Jaune's shoulders, and winced in sympathy.

Guess I'm not the only one with parent issues...

But a small, bitter part of her noted that at least his stuck around.

- - -

Users who are viewing this thread

Back